$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 51 of 155 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Hiya.

I've been visiting BHP for a few months now, mainly through random hair-related google searches. And then today, it told me I'd have to register if I wanted to continue viewing the site. So here I am!

I'm a college student currently located in New York. My sister, who is a year younger than me, began transitioning to natural hair nearly two years ago. She was constantly after my mother and I to give up the "creamy crack." After much persistence, she finally convinced us to give it a try!

I've always hated having my hair relaxed, but for many women of my mum's generation, relaxing was the only way to "manage" their children's hair, and their own hair. By the time this school year began, I was feeling particularly lazy and unmotivated to relax. In order to deal with new growth, I flat ironed my hair almost daily. It was fried! Last month, I convinced my mum to chop off all the hair she had been dutifully relaxing my whole life. Lo and behold, my natural hair is amazing! The more I can learn about it, the better. I'm forever reading up on the science of hair, looking for different styles and products. It's become quite a passionate hobby!

When my hair was relaxed, I took awful care of it, so it never grew. Now, I'm working towards healthy, happy, long, naturally curly hair (isn't everyone?). I'm only a month off of BC'ing, so I know I have a long way to go. Knowledge is power! The more I can learn, the better.

I hope I'll be a productive member of this community, although I'd prefer to lurk :P
    "What we have here is a dreamer, someone completely out of touch with reality. When she jumped, she probably thought she could fly."

last relaxer - Nov. '09
    BC - March '10

fotki [click]

Welcome, Hysterique! Glad to have you here. You'll learn so much...
    Just one favor. Before you go to lurking...post some pics of your beautiful hair? Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by dickersondiva View Post
    Welcome, Hysterique! Glad to have you here. You'll learn so much...
    Just one favor. Before you go to lurking...post some pics of your beautiful hair? Pretty please?
    thanks so much! i'd be happy to post photos, but where?

LOL i'm such a noob...
    "What we have here is a dreamer, someone completely out of touch with reality. When she jumped, she probably thought she could fly."

last relaxer - Nov. '09
    BC - March '10

fotki [click]

Quote Originally Posted by hysterique View Post
    thanks so much! i'd be happy to post photos, but where?

LOL i'm such a noob...
    Me too, girl, me too...I just posted my pics in my profile where you start photo albums. Everyone else here has albums on the Fotki website, but I started mine inside my profile. Look at my profile if that will help you....

You can add you fotki pictures in the gallery also. You can just copy the share link and add them like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dickersondiva View Post
    Me too, girl, me too...I just posted my pics in my profile where you start photo albums. Everyone else here has albums on the Fotki website, but I started mine inside my profile. Look at my profile if that will help you....
    i made a fotki (another site i'd rather lurk than actually use lol) and put it into my signature. i hope that's sufficient!

last relaxer - Nov. '09
    BC - March '10

fotki [click]

Welcome to BHP Hysterique.
    4B
    Last relaxer:21 December 2009
    BIG CHOP 30th May 2010
    GROWTH BUDDY: AuNaturale85

Quote Originally Posted by hysterique View Post
    i made a fotki (another site i'd rather lurk than actually use lol) and put it into my signature. i hope that's sufficient!
    Welcome hysterique! I peeped your Fotki, and congrats on the big chop! Good luck on your healthy hair journey
    Last Relaxer: 8/09
    BC Date: 08/09/10 (cute right?!)
    Hair Growing Buddies: Treece and Curlgenie
    Check my Progress: http://public.fotki.com/simone809/
    "The Hair Diaries" blog:
    http://allhairallnatural.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by simone_809 View Post
    Welcome hysterique! I peeped your Fotki, and congrats on the big chop! Good luck on your healthy hair journey
    thanks! i'm on my way =3

last relaxer - Nov. '09
    BC - March '10

fotki [click]

hi @ genie sorry i dont come on everyday but ty very much for the welcome
    Love Life

Page 51 of 155 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast