$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Are you happy...

In your career/job....? Do you feel fulfilled in what you do? Or do you dread going to work everyday? Have you just become somewhat indifferent?
    If you could do it all over again, would you choose the current career that you have? I know I wouldn't ....
    Healthy Relaxed Journey 2014
    Hairfinity Challenge 2014

2014 BRICK HOUSE CHALLENGE

Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised!

Blog Entries

I wouldn't say that I go into work each day skipping and singing, but I feel a level of satisfaction that in the short time I've been there, that I've managed to impress so many people and have been rewarded for that. Jobs/work has always come easy for me. I don't shirk my responsibilities, I learn fast, and I don't step on toes. The hours are odd but they work with the life I'm trying to give my kids. For the most part, I enjoy being a contributing memeber of society and earning some pocket money. Now if I could just squeeze a few extra hours of sleep into the equation, it would be perfect!

There are times where I wish I hadn't switched majors at the last minute and took that last year of straight social work. It's in the back of mind to go back to school to get that degree, but I don't know if I would be doing it really for me, or because I'm a) tired of looking like I'm not using the degree I have, b) tired of looking like the non-achiever amongst the great achievers, or c) tired of having to explain why my husband has a high profile job and I work part time outside of my field. That is probably what saps some of the positives from my job.
    The most important thing for anyone to know is that people can love us just the way we are ~ Mr. Rogers

Last relaxer 01APRIL10

New Years Hair Resolution: Simplify for Simply Beautiful Hair

Cathy Howse 365 Day Hair Challenge

My name is TBC, and I am a Conditioner Crackhead

Blog Entries

I'm a cashier lol, but at 18 that's not a bad job, I don't like it, and wouldn't want to make a career of it lol.
    Bced: Oct. 16th, 2009
    Challenges: Sulphur Mix, BHP 2012 Protective Styling, BSL (Challenge) for 2012, 2012 No Heat Challenges
    Haliboo my Wifey- Till Death Do US part! MUAH!!!
    Me + AC=NATURAL Hair buddies!
    Shiro &I=Hair Growth COMPARISON buddies
    http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tall, Black Canadian View Post
    I wouldn't say that I go into work each day skipping and singing, but I feel a level of satisfaction that in the short time I've been there, that I've managed to impress so many people and have been rewarded for that. Jobs/work has always come easy for me. I don't shirk my responsibilities, I learn fast, and I don't step on toes. The hours are odd but they work with the life I'm trying to give my kids. For the most part, I enjoy being a contributing memeber of society and earning some pocket money. Now if I could just squeeze a few extra hours of sleep into the equation, it would be perfect!

There are times where I wish I hadn't switched majors at the last minute and took that last year of straight social work. It's in the back of mind to go back to school to get that degree, but I don't know if I would be doing it really for me, or because I'm a) tired of looking like I'm not using the degree I have, b) tired of looking like the non-achiever amongst the great achievers, or c) tired of having to explain why my husband has a high profile job and I work part time outside of my field. That is probably what saps some of the positives from my job.
    Even taking into account the way others may perceive your job choice, you sound like you're pleased and that's what matters.
    I think sometimes "expectations" that others have---using your degree in your field,comparisons,etc hinder us from truly pursuing our own desires. I'm referring to myself...
    I sometimes think, well,I earned two degrees in Education...so I am obligated to teach...that's just self fulfilling prophesy.
    I sometimes don't wanna go to work in the mornings....because although i know i am making a difference, and yes, this job does pay the bills, I am drained mentally...
    Sorry for the rant, I am having one of those nights....

Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised!

Quote Originally Posted by naomimaxine927 View Post
    I'm a cashier lol, but at 18 that's not a bad job, I don't like it, and wouldn't want to make a career of it lol.
    Right...you're a student, right??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by denalove View Post
    Right...you're a student, right??

No I graduated HS a few months ago, but I'm plan on starting school either in september or january.
    Challenges: Sulphur Mix, BHP 2012 Protective Styling, BSL (Challenge) for 2012, 2012 No Heat Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by naomimaxine927 View Post
    No I graduated HS a few months ago, but I'm plan on starting school either in september or january.
    You have time....enjoy being in school, I loved college! Choose your career wisely, dear!! Weigh all your options and take all things into consideration!

Blog Entries

I know I know, I'm thinking journalism and being an English major, but I'm not sure.

I work for a credit card processing company in risk management. Ive been with this co going on 8 yrs next month. I like my job alot, its pays very well, my hours are very flexible and Ive never had any problems with anyone here.. down fall.. it takes me roughly 45 mins to get here.

If I could do it all over would I?? Im on the fence with that one.. I went to school for medical assistance then decided at the last minute that I didnt want to do that.. I know thats a field thats always in demand and for now credit cards are still in use so.. I guess Im safe.. for now

I work in the laboratory at rural hospital...I love my work schedule 7 days on 7 day off, 12 hour shifts 7p-7a. I do love my job and I have no problems with co-workers...It is too a rewarding job. For me I would have to say the only downside would be not being at home with dd....She is at the age she is very active in extracurriclum activities and I would like to be there more...So that's my future goal to go part-time...
    Last Relaxer: August 12, 2011
    Growth Buddy: CreoleHonee91

SL-APL Challenge, Protective Style Challenge 2011
    Castor Oil Challenge 2011Financial Stability Challenge/ 52 Week Financial Challenge

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast