MELBOURNE, Australia -- Eugenie Bouchard is the first Canadian to reach a Grand Slam singles semifinal in 30 years after a stunning upset of Ana Ivanovic at the Australian Open. Bouchard, the 30th seed, overcame Ivanovic 5-7, 7-5, 6-2 on Tuesday, making the Montreal native just the second Canadian to ever compete in a Grand Slam singles semi. Catch an encore presentation of Bouchards quarterfinal victory on TSN, today at 2:30pm et/11:30am pt. The last Canadian to go to the semifinals in singles play at a major was Torontos Carling Bassett at the 1984 U.S. Open. Bouchards final-four spot is also the first for a Canadian in Melbourne. The 19-year-old did it in just under two and a half hours. "We had a tough match, she was playing well at times," said Bouchard. "When she did there was not much I could do. I kept fighting, played aggressive and stepped it up in the second and third sets. "This is not a huge surprise to me I always believe in my skills. Thats something Ive been working a long time for. Its not really sudden or anything like that. I just want to keep going." Bouchard will play next against Chinas Li Na, the fourth seed, on Thursday after the former French Open champion defeated Italys Flavia Pennetta 6-2, 6-2. "I played (Li) in Montreal in 2012, we had a tough battle but I was not so experienced back then," said Bouchard. "This time Ill be ready. She wont give me many chances so Ill have to take any that I get." Bouchards ranking should rise into the top 20 as a result of her success, according to WTA calculations. She also beat Ivanovic, a former world No. 1 from Serbia, last year in the second round of Wimbledon. Bouchard stayed calm under pressure from an opponent who won the 2008 French Open but was treated repeatedly for thigh injuries, ending with seven breaks of serve and 47 winners. "Even if I had won in straight-sets today, I would still have confidence. No matter whats going to happen, Im just going to try my best. Even if Im down, I always fight." Ivanovic was impressed with her opponent. "In the third set she really was strong and played the big points well," said Ivanovic. "She was aggressive, pushing me back, instead of me stepping in. "Thats where I felt the match was turning. Shes definitely brave. Shes young, she has nothing to lose. I think shes a very great player with a bright future." Bouchard made a charging start with a love game and saved a pair of break points in the third game for 2-1. But she lost her way in the seventh game to begin what turned into a run of five consecutive breaks. From 5-5 when she saved two break points Bouchard lost 8-of-9 points, six through unforced errors. The experienced Ivanovic broke for 6-5 and finally claimed the set after 47 minutes on her fourth chance, with Bouchard saving a third set-winner on an Ivanovic error before netting a backhand. In the second set, Bouchard kept calm as she began to make up ground, ta s on what I had to do during the point to try to win. "It was really just try to keep pressing her and moving forward. I felt like my game got a bit better as the match went on." Bouchard came straight back when play resumed, breaking Ivanovic to love with a winner to the corner but again failed to hold the break, with Ivanovic coming back for 4-5 and serving to five-all. Bouchard levelled at a set each as Ivanovic double-faulted twice in the final game to hand over a 7-5 result. Bouchard began the third set with another double and went down a break 1-3, then reached 5-2 as she sent Ivanovic chasing helpless to the far corner of the court in pursuit of a winner. She closed out victory with a forehand winner to the corner for a seventh break of serve. Cheap Jonathan Bullard Jersey . Founding members of the Genie Army, a group of Eugenie Bouchard supporters who cheered for the rising tennis star during the Australian Open in January, will be in the city for the Rogers Cup, beginning this weekend. Black Bears Jerseys . The (35-35-10) Jets have 80 points and are also playing .500 hockey on home ice this season with a 17-17-6 record. Michael Hutchinson will start his second straight game in goal. http://www.cheapbearsjerseyselite.co...nichols-jersey. "After consultation with the Team USA medical staff and officials, it was determined that he should return to Winnipeg as a precaution due to his previous injury history," Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff said Wednesday in a statement. Bears Jerseys Authentic .C. -- North Carolina State coach Mark Gottfried said his team had a "golden" opportunity to help its NCAA tournament chances. Cheap Bobby Massie Jersey . - Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Jason Babin is now a free agent.FIVE QUICK NBA THOUGHTS 1. GREIVIS VASQUEZ (Raptors): Has been sensational for the Raps in the past few weeks. His confidence in his three-point shooting and his ability to make difficult shots in the lane have been huge. He runs the team well and plays with wonderful enthusiasm. Major pick-up as a back-up point guard and hes finally settled in to his role and comfort level in Toronto. Really fun/upbeat personality who loves the game and plays with a swagger. Fun to see it all coming together for him. 2. ALLEN IVERSONS NO. 3 RETIRED IN PHILLY: In an otherwise gloomy season in Philadelphia, this was the definite highlight. Talk about a guy that absolutely carried his team and was the heart and soul of his franchise. Loved the passion and toughness he played with. When you think of great small guards who have ever played the game, hes right at the top of the list. His competitive spirit resonated throughout the teams he led and the city that adopted him. I think back to broadcasting the 2001 Raptors seven-game series in the Eastern Conference semi-finals against them and he was awesome. A complete joy to watch. Willed his team to the NBA Finals. Deserving honour. 3. NY KNICKS: I talk about AI and his competitive spirit and then I watch the Knicks vs. Bulls game on Sunday and just shake my head. The wheels have come off and Im not surprised one bit. When the Knicks were in Toronto twice during the pre-season I could sense from chatting with their folks an over-confidence about what they achieved last season and the feeling that they would just pick up where they left off. It aint that easy. Last season doesnt mean a thing - youve got to start off all over again. Complacency can be a killler.dddddddddddd Whats the old line? "Good is the enemy of great". Doubt the Knicks would ever be considered great but they sure were good last year. When you enjoy those good spoils of success and arent ready for the grind again it spells trouble. I feel bad for head coach Mike Woodson, its not like he hasnt called them and challenged them on things constantly. Losing battle right now. House cleaning coming. 4. JIMMER FREDETTE (Bulls): Nice pick-up for John Paxson and Gar Forman. This team is playing great yet lacks consistent offensive fire power. Wouldnt surprise me to see Jimmer earn some playing time in a few weeks after he gets adjusted to the new system. Remember last season, Nate Robinson and Marco Belinelli were huge for them off the bench as DJ Augustin has been this year. Jimmer will give them another three-point threat. Yes, hes got challenges defensively due to his size - he lacks lateral quicks - but he will compete his tail off and stick shots if he gets in. Im sure hell get a good look down the road this month. Solid under-the-radar move. 5. THABO SEFOLOSHA and KENDRICK PERKINS (Thunder): Both banged up right now in OKC and with the return of Russell Westbrook its been a revolving door around Kevin Durant yet I think its all a blessing for their organization. Its been "Force Feed" time for Reggie Jackson, Steven Adams, Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones and theyve developed folks that need to grow as players quickly in an elite environment. From April 15 onward when both injured guys will be back for the Playoffs, the depth and experience of these challenges will help this team become steadier and more consistent when the stakes are higher. Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys ' ' '