Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Smile Random Thoughts About God...

I started this thread so that we could post devotionals or random thoughts of God, our christian walk or any struggle or victory in our faith!!

Seek God`s Face

Yesterday was an exceptionally beautiful day, the sun was shining brightly, there was a slight breeze in the air so I decided to take a few minutes & sit outside and enjoy this beautiful day that God had blessed us with. I found a soft , comfortable chair & was immediately greeted with meows & purrs of delight from my three wonderful cats. Excited that I was finally outside with them, they brushed my legs with caresses & purred contently as they snuggled into my lap. Immediately my thoughts went to God & my relationship with Him. I had often seen this verse : When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
    Psalm 27:8 I now understood what God meant & why this verse was so important. How it blessed me to see that my cats were not happy because i was I was bringing them food or attending to their wants or needs, they were just happy that I was in their presence. What a valuable lesson my 3 cats taught me yesterday. God wants us to not only seek His hand but to seek His face..He wants us to not only seek Him for what he can give us but to seek Him just because we desire to be in His presence...

Father I seek You not only for your blessings but because I desire a closer relationship with You , I seek You Lord because I want to praise You and adore You. Father God I not only seek your Hand , but I seek your
    Face so that I may know your Heart....
    Last edited by PurplePeony; 07-15-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Psalm 40:1 KJV
    I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

Wait patiently for Me and I will hear your cry.

It was King David wrote this psalm. He is a man who knew a lot about learning to be patient in the midst of extreme hardship. As a teenage boy, he was anointed king of Israel by the prophet Samuel, only to then wait many years to see it come to pass. In between the promise and the fulfillment there was much heartache and suffering.

Not long after the promise, things were looking good for David. He slayed a giant named Goliath, married the king's daughter and was national hero in Israel. Then for reasons outside of David's control, his father-in-law, King Saul, became jealous and decided to hunt David down to kill him.

For many years, David was on the run, hiding caves and hanging out with some of the most disreputable men of the day. But then a series of events happened that made him king of all Israel. After much heartache and disappointment, David finally saw the fulfillment to God's promise that he would one day become king.

So when David says, I waited patiently for the Lord and He heard my cry, he knew what he was talking about. No matter what trials you are facing today, God is faithful. As we continue to look to Him to fulfill all the promises He has made to us, may we find strength and encouragement in today's promise... Wait patiently for Me and I will hear your cry.

As Easter approaches, I find myself thinking about the death and resurrection of Jesus. The purpose of his life was to offer himself as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind. The Bible says that Jesus became sin for us so that we could be forgiven and found righteous in God’s sight (2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus was so certain of his purpose that he predicted when and how he would die (Matthew 26:2).
    As believers and followers of Jesus, what is our purpose?

Some would answer that it is to love God while others might say that it is to serve him. The Westminster Shorter Catechism states that man’s chief purpose is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. While considering these ideas, Hebrews 12:2 came to mind: “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (NIV)

Jesus looked beyond the suffering, shame and death he knew was to come and focused on the joy that would be.

What is this joy that so motivated him?

The Bible says that there is great joy in heaven whenever a sinner repents (Luke 15:10). Likewise, the Lord rewards good works and there is joy in hearing him say, “Well done good and faithful servant.” Therefore, Jesus anticipated the joy that would happen when each person would repent and be saved. He also looked forward to the joy that would result from each good work done by believers in obedience and motivated by love.

The Bible says that we love God because he first loved us (1 John 4:19). Ephesians 2:1-10 tells us that by nature we are rebellious towards God and are born spiritually dead. It is by his love and grace that he brings us to faith and reconciliation. God has even planned our good works (Ephesians 2:10)!

What then is our purpose?

We can give him joy! What a wonderful God we have who honors sinners like us by giving us the ability to give him pleasure! He rejoices and experiences joy as we respond to him in repentance, love and good works that brings him glory!

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live."
    — John 11:25
    Easter is not about brightly colored eggs, wearing pastels, or enjoying a big meal, although it could include these. Easter is about the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

For some, Easter will be a great day, spent surrounded by family and friends. But for others, it will be a sad day, because Easter is a reminder of a loved one who has died and is now desperately missed.

Death seems so cruel, so harsh, and so final. That is what the disciples were feeling when they saw their Lord, whom they had left everything to follow, hanging on the cross. They were devastated. Death had crushed them. But if they would have gone back in their memories, they would have recalled an important event and statement Jesus had made.

They would have remembered Jesus standing at the tomb of his close friend Lazarus. They would have remembered that Jesus did something completely unexpected: He wept (see John 11:35). Jesus wept, because He knew that death was not part of God's original plan. Humanity was not meant to grow old, to suffer with disease, or to die. But because of the sin of Adam and Eve, sin entered the human race, and death followed with it. And death spread to all of us. Jesus wept, because it broke His heart.

But standing there at Lazarus' tomb, Jesus also delivered these hope-filled words: "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live" (John 11:25). Death is not the end. And the resurrection of Jesus Christ proves it.

If you have put your faith in Christ, then Easter means that you will live forever in the presence of God. Easter brings hope to the person who has been devastated by death.

Father's Love Letter
    My Child ~

You may not know me, but I know everything about you ~ Psalm 139:1

I know when you sit down and when you rise up ~ Psalm 139:2

I am familiar with all your ways ~ Psalm 139:3

Even the very hairs on your head are numbered ~ Matthew 10:29-31

For you were made in my image ~ Genesis 1:27

In me you live and move and have your being ~ Acts 17:28

For you are my offspring ~ Acts 17:28

I knew you even before you were conceived ~ Jeremiah 1:4-5

I chose you when I planned creation ~ Ephesians 1:11-12

You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book ~ Psalm 139:15-16

I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live ~ Acts 17:26

You are fearfully and wonderfully made ~ Psalm 139:14

I knit you together in your mother's womb ~ Psalm 139:13

And brought you forth on the day you were born ~ Psalm 71:6

I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me ~ John 8:41-44

I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love ~ 1 John 4:16

And it is my desire to lavish my love on you ~ 1 John 3:1

Simply because you are my child and I am your father ~ 1 John 3:1

I offer you more than your earthly father ever could ~ Matthew 7:11

For I am the perfect father ~ Matthew 5:48

Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand ~ James 1:17

For I am your provider and I meet all your needs ~ Matthew 6:31-33

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope ~ Jeremiah 29:11

Because I love you with an everlasting love ~ Jeremiah 31:3

My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore ~ Psalm 139:17-18

And I rejoice over you with singing ~ Zephaniah 3:17

I will never stop doing good to you ~ Jeremiah 32:40

For you are my treasured possession ~ Exodus 19:5

I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul ~ Jeremiah 32:41

And I want to show you great and marvelous things ~ Jeremiah 33:3

If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me ~ Deuteronomy 4:29

Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart ~ Psalm 37:4

For it is I who gave you those desires ~ Philippians 2:13

I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine ~ Ephesians 3:20

For I am your greatest encourager ~ 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles ~ 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you ~ Psalm 34:18

As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart ~ Isaiah 40:11

One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes ~ Revelation 21:3-4

And I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth ~ Revelation 21:3-4

I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus ~ John 17:23

For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed ~ John 17:26

He is the exact representation of my being ~ Hebrews 1:3

He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you ~ Romans 8:31

And to tell you that I am not counting your sins ~ 2 Corinthians 5:18-19

Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled ~ 2 Corinthians 5:18-19

His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you ~ 1 John 4:10

I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love ~ Romans 8:31-32

If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me ~ 1 John 2:23

And nothing will ever separate you from my love again ~ Romans 8:38-39

Come home and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen ~ Luke 15:7

I have always been Father, and will always be Father ~ Ephesians 3:14-15

My question is ~ Will you be my child? ~ John 1:12-13

I am waiting for you ~ Luke 15:11-32

Love, Your Dad, Almighty God

A Father's Love Letter is owned and copyrighted by Barry Adams.

thank you for continuing to bless me even though you don't have too.
    Last Relaxer:

How'd I miss this thread? I have to add some thoughts.
    Healthy Relaxed Journey 2014
    Hairfinity Challenge 2014

Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised!

Smile Everything

I thank you Father God because You loved me when I didn`t even love myself...

"He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."—Hebrews 13:5.

“We love him, because he first loved us.” (1 John 4:19)

Lord You`re all I want , You`re all i need, Lord You`re EVERYTHING to me...

when i watch this video I think of God`s grace & His mercy...

Christian Videos - Official Christian Video Site - Higher Praise Tube | Christian Videos - Lifehouse Everything Skit
    " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Mama Afrika

I love you God Almighty,and welcome your Holy Spirit to dwell in me,oh how i long for you!
    The Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ is my shield.
    Toya...growth buddy...take care of those follicles buddy!Leen...concotion partner...has the pot boiled yet?Naomi...hair growth comparison...how far are you?

“A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.” Psalm 68:5 (NIV)

God promises to be the Father to the fatherless. He promises to give His perfect love (I John 4:18) that will work within our lives to heal us, if we will let Him (Matthew 9:22). He will not barge into our lives and insist. Instead He waits like the perfect gentleman to be invited in (Revelation 3:20). When we open the door to Him, we’re opening the door to a new life—one that will end our pain and bring us peace (Isaiah 26:3)

Amen, thank you God for that!!
    Healthy Relaxed Journey 2014
    Hairfinity Challenge 2014

Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised!

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast