$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Indian Powders & Oils for Hair Care (All things Ayurvedic)

Ladies I have been really getting into this Ayurvedic Hair Care so I have been researching daily and nightly to see how I can fully benefit from the Powders and Oils that is available!

Anyways I have researched various powders and they potency and benefits; I also know that some ladies on here have done their research and have knowledge on a lot of these powders and powders not mentioned; therefore all opinions and ideas are welcome that is what BHP is about hehehe.

My aim is for us all that use Indian Hair Powders/Ayurvedic Powders, and for those that may later on wish to try the ayurvedic way; this thread is help in order for us to use them to their fullest and also to try new ways of getting the maximum benefits when using a set of powders; to give insight and the benefits of each powder and what they can do for our hair.

This thread will update consistently with new information and any information from other members are welcome; please share what you have discovered in using these powders & oils also let us know of any if you have discovered new powders that is not listed in this thread; which will be more than welcome!
    So here goes the following: You can [click] on the individual name(s) of each powder(s), oil(s) and recipe(s) and the link will take you to that specific post for more information that product! Hope that helps!

Ayurvedic Powders Potency:
    Neem Leaves Powder
    Kalpi Tone Powder
    Alma (Indian Gooseberry) Powder
    Heenara Herbal Hair Pack
    Brahmi Leaves Powder
    Shikakai Powder
    Orange Peel Powder
    Tusli Leaves Powder
    Kapoor Kachli Powder
    Maka (Bhringraj) Powder
    Aritha (soapnut) Powder
    Cassia (Senna) Powder
    Fenugreek (Methi) Powder
    Hibiscus (Meera) or (Jaswand) Powder
    Shama Hair Powder
    Rose Petal Powder

Benefits of Oils:
    Coconut Oil
    Jasmine Oil
    Castor Oil
    Jojoba Oil
    Olive Oil
    Vatika Oil
    Alma Oil
    Brahmi Alma Oil
    Shikakai Oil
    Almond Oil
    Sesame Seed Oil
    Mustard Seed Oil
    Meera Hair Oil
    MahaBhringraj (Maka) Hair Oil
    Himani Navratna Plus
    Trichup Oil
    Bio Root Hair Pack
    Chanthik Hair Oil
    Chaneen Hair Treatment Oil
    Anoop Herbal Hair Oil
    Parachute Jasmine Perfumes Non Sticky Coconut Oil
    Dudhil Herbal Hair Oil

Ayurvedic Recipes
    Disclaimer: These recipes are gathers by me from various sources via the internet I take no credit for these recipes, but have compiled a list to share the benefits of using the powders mixed together by the individuals that has made them!

Alma (Indian Gooseberry) Powder recipe
    Neem Leaves Powder recipe
    Kalpi Tone Powder recipe
    Heenara Herbal Hair Pack recipe
    Brahmi Leaves Powder recipe
    Orange Peel Powder recipe
    Tusli Leaves Powder recipe
    Kapoor Kachli Powder recipe
    Maka (Bhringraj) Powder recipe
    Cassia (Senna) Powder recipe
    Fenugreek (Methi) Powder recipe
    Hibiscus (Meera) or (Jaswand) Powder recipe
    Shama Hair Powder recipe

Further Ayurvedic Recipes
    Disclaimer: These recipes are gathers by me from various sources via the internet I take no credit for these recipes, but have compiled a list to share the benefits of using the powders mixed together by the individuals that has made them!

Icydove's Wash Mix

Icydove's Herbal Rinse

Shell's Wash Mix

Kissedbyfire's Indian Herbal Wash/Condition

Mira-chan's Hibiscus Conditioner

Mira-chan's Mild Wash Mix I

Mira-chan's Mild Wash Mix II

Mira-chan's Indian herb hair gravy
    Never argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Concotion Partner - Shiro

Newly Natural!

Making Africa and other nations of people of color smaller than they appear; diminishes their importance.
    Now, we've been getting history through a Eurocentric perspective. In order for us to live together, we have to have a fair and accurate account of our history

Blog Entries

oouuhhh leentora...why r u doing this to me... lol...ur making me want to buy some more stuff now
    www.fotki.com/wpjas07

Deep conditioning challenge
    Co-Washing Challenge

Goal: Shoulder length all natural hair by the end of 09

Blog Entries

Ayurvedic Powders Potency:
    Now Let being with a few the properties pf the powders I will list each powders and describe what their properties are and also list various ways that I found that they were used by different people in order to get the maximum; benefits from each of these Powders.

Neem Leaves Powder
    The trusted antibacterial & Anti-dandruff powder.

The antiseptic and curative properties of Neem are legendary. Hesh Neem powder can also be used on hair for treating acute dandruff problems. When used on skin, Hesh Neem powder has an instant germicidal and anti bacterial action that cures allergies, bed sores, prickly heat and rashes. It removes excessive oiliness from the skin pigments and helps fight skin disorders and eruptions. When used generally, the powder acts as a prophylactic. Moreover, the powder is an excellent deodorant and is active against nappy rashes and dried up measles.

Briefly, 'Hesh Neem Leaves Powder' has the following advantages:
    - Powerful natural antiseptic
    - Cures skin disorders
    - Controls natural oil balance of skin
    - Clears dandruff

Kalpi Tone Powder
    Dark, dandruff free hair.

A natural beauty therapy for hair, Hesh Kalpi Tone adds a dark tinge to the hair and gives it a natural, dark shade. Made from natural ingredients like Aloe, Amla, Brahmi, Shikakai and other herbs, Kalpi Tone helps control dandruff, hair loss and premature greying of hair. The blend has to be used over the scalp, Kalpi Tone may help to strengthen hair roots and promote hair growth.

Briefly, 'Hesh Kapli' Tone has the following advantages:
    - Gives a natural black tinge to the hair
    - May help to strengthen hair roots
    - Promotes hair growth
    - Controls hair loss and premature greying

Alma (Indian Gooseberry) Powder
    Dark and Healthy Hair Naturally.

Hesh Amla Powder is a natural astringent and skin toner that works on both hair and skin. In botanical terms it is known as Emblic Myrobalan. The paste of this powder helps promote black and luxuriant hair. Even as it controls hair loss, it stimulates roots and promotes hair growth. This apart, it prevents scalp infection and controls premature greying of hair. When used on skin, the paste of this powder brightens the complexion and removes pimples and grime.

Briefly, 'Hesh Amla Powder' has the following advantages:
    - Promotes hair growth
    - Controls hair loss
    - Cures scalp infection
    - Controls greying of hair
    - Removes pimple and grime

Heenara Herbal Hair Pack
    Ayurvedic Colourant, Conditioner and Nourisher for Hair.

Hesh Heenara Hair Pack is nature's answer to hair colouring and conditioning worries. It has been used for centuries as a beautifying agent for hair. Heenara herbal hair pack has Mehendi along with 14 other natural herbs which helps beautify the hair, colour, condition and nourish the hair thereby providing beautiful hair. The product is also a natural coolant and thereby relieves headache when applied on the scalp as a paste.

Briefly, 'Hesh Heenara Hair Pack' has the following advantages:
    - Beauty secret for hair
    - Helps colour and condition the hair
    - Acts as a coolant

Brahmi Leaves Powder
    Ayurveda's most potent Hair Vitaliser

Hesh Brahmi Leaves Powder comes as a succour for those with chronic problems with hair. Hair loss, hair thinning, premature greying have become part of the metro life. But nature has a solution for every problem. Hesh Brahmi Powder may help to make hair dark, dense and lustrous. It also strengthens the hair roots, thus controlling hair thinning and hair loss. Regular use leads to control of premature greying. When massaged on the scalp, the product clears dandruff.

Briefly, 'Hesh Brahmi Powder' has the following advantages:
    - May help to make hair dark, dense and lustrous
    - Strengthens hair roots
    - Stops premature greying
    - Controls dandruff

Shikakai Powder
    Dirt Buster for your Scalp

Hesh Shikakai Powder acts as a natural astringent for hair enhancing its binding properties. It clears dandruff and cleans the dirt accumulated in the scalp. Being a natural conditioner for hair, Shikakai strengthens hair roots and promotes luxuriant growth. Hesh Shikakai Powder has certain vital proprieties that act as coolants for the scalp. This powder has to be mixed with appropriate quantity of water and used as a paste on the hair, instead of the soap.

Briefly, 'Hesh Shikakai Powder' has the following advantages:
    - Provides new life to hair strands
    - Strengthens hair roots
    - Clears dandruff
    - Keeps the scalp clean and cool

Orange Peel Powder
    Discover a soft, glowing face.

Hesh Orange Peel Powder - an effective astringent and skin toning agent, Hesh Orange Peel Powder adds glow to the face and leaves it exuberating with life. The paste has to be massaged on the skin for the cleaning action. This stimulates the skin, clears the pores. Regular use is known to clear acne, spots and skin blemishes. In fact, the paste can even be applied to the hair to make it soft, manageable, shinny and supple.

Briefly, 'Hesh Orange Peel Powder' has the following advantages:
    - Natural astringent and Skin Toner
    - Cleans pores
    - Removes acne, spots and skin blemishes
    - Makes hair soft, shiny and manageable

Tusli Leaves Powder
    Cures dandruff. Protects your skin

Hesh Tulsi Leaves Powder is a formulation made from Tulsi or Basil Leaf. Tulsi is mentioned in Padam Purana - "Just half a leaf of Tulsi is as useful in keeping a body healthy and away from diseases, as all the items and medicines made from all the flowers and leaves of the world". Tulsi leaves have significant remedial qualities with respect to dandruff and some skin ailments. It has an effective anti-bacterial quality. It also protects and moisturises the skin without obstructing the pores. It leaves a mat complexion and can be used as a make-up base if your skin is oily. Tulsi has very effective anti-pollution properties.

Briefly, 'Hesh Tulsi Powder' has the following advantages:
    - Anti dandruff and anti-bacterial
    - Protects and moisturises skin
    - Anti pollutant

Kapoor Kachli Powder
    Gift of nature - natural way to thick, lustrous and fragrant hair. Avoid contact with eyes and mouth.

Hesh Kapoor Kachli Powder is a boon for those who want thick, lustrous hair and keep it that way for a long time. The powder made into a thick paste that is used to wash the hair. Regular use promotes hair growth by stimulating the roots. It may also help to make your hair thick and lovely. Moreover, the powder also lends a pleasent purfume to the hair, which lasts for a long time.

Briefly Hesh Kapoor Kachli Powder has the following advantages:
    - Stimulates hair roots and promotes hair growth
    - Maintains hair texture
    - Lends a pleasing perfume to the hair.

Maka (Bhringraj) Powder
    Gift of nature - cleap scalp, cleaner skin
    Avoid contact with eyes and mouth.

Hesh Maka powder is a unique Ayurvedic formulation that aids the treatment of scalp and hair problems. The powder, when massaged into the scalp as a paste, helps remove scurf or incrustations that may have formed on the scalp. In fact, it also cures alopecia. The products advantages go beyond hair application. When applied on the skin, it helps cure various skin diseases.

Briefly Hesh Maka powder has the following advantages:
    - Removes scurf
    - Cures alopecia
    - Makes hair dense and promotes hair growth
    - Cures skin disease.

Aritha (soapnut) Powder
    Hesh Aritha is a natural cleansing agent recommended by Aruyvedic experts. When used on the skin, the powder cleanses the pores and helps the skin breathe better. It also improves the skin texture over a period of usage. As a shampoo, it cleans hair completely. It is specially recommended for washing oily hair. The powder has excellent foaming and shampooing properties. Aritha Powder is also recommended for washing silk, woollen clothes, silver and gold ornaments and utensils.

Briefly, Hesh Aritha Powder has the following advantages:
    - Cleans scalp thoroughly
    - Excellent as a natural shampoo
    - Gives hair natural gloss and bounce
    - Can be used to clean ornaments, clothes and utensils

Cassia (Senna)Obovata Powder
    High grade fine powdered Cassia (Senna) Obovata
    Cassia is also referred to as senna or neutral henna as it contains very little dye content

It can be used on grey for a blond colouring and used with henna for a copper red and strawberry bond colours.

Its acts as a super fine hair conditioner; this is like giving a Christmas present! It Will leave your hair feeling smoooooth and shiny!!!

100% natural Cassia Obovata

Fenugreek (Methi) Powder
    (will provide details soon)

Hibiscus (Meera) or (Jaswand) Powder
    Prevents hair fall.
    Also, thickens hair and prevents baldness.
    Not only stimulates glands but also increases the hair growth.
    Regular use of Hibiscus powder keeps hair soft and manageable.
    Imparts dark color to hair.
    Prevents dandruff and scalp irritation.

Shama Hair Powder
    Best quality of Henna and rare herbal powders like Bhringraj, Hibiscus, Methi, Amla and other herbs helps for hair darkening, conditioning, controlling dandruff and prevents hair loss.

Rose Petal Powder
    Hesh Rose Petal Powder is created from finest rose petals that are cured to perfection. The powder is an essential ingredient in many face packs, hair packs, hair oils and perfumes because of its cooling properties and soothing fragrance. For centuries rose has been used in perfumes and as a coolant for eyes and body. It is elso effective in curing skin infections, inflammation, swellin gand prickly heat.

Briefly, Hesh Rose Petal Powder has the following advantages:
    - natural Cooling Agent
    - Soothing fragrance
    - Cures skin infections
    Never argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Newly Natural!

Making Africa and other nations of people of color smaller than they appear; diminishes their importance.
    Now, we've been getting history through a Eurocentric perspective. In order for us to live together, we have to have a fair and accurate account of our history

Thumbs up

Aryuvedic oils, powders-definitely a part of my hair care rotation.

Blog Entries

I have loads more info to add I will do it daily and make it fit as much as possible in one posting lol, I am glad you ladies love it so far

Newly Natural!

Thanks for the info. I'll have to try some of these myself. I have used neem oil in the past and it did wonders for my hair.
    “People will forget what you said…and what you’ve done…but no one will forget how you’ve made them feel…” –Maya Angelou

This child is gonna make me go broke

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    This child is gonna make me go broke
    lol sorry! I like to share

Newly Natural!

Blog Entries

I have never used the powders b4. I think when I am ready for new products these will be the ones I invest in.

Thanks!
    Type: 4a, fine, relaxed, easily straightened
    Length: NL

Goal: Shoulder length by November 2009

Growth Challenge 2009 - 4HH09: Hair Buddies: Curlcrew2, Brownsugar, Mssnu, Queen1
    Our Favorite Links - http://links.fotki.com/4HH09/

Thank you sooooo much girl for posting this! I am about to be a product junkie for indian products! Have you seen HairVeda.com??

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast