$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Hair styles for 8-10 year olds

I need some suggestions (please no braids) for how to style an eight year old hair. NO perm just natural hair. She is at that awkward stage and needs some cute but no so mature look. Please download pics. THANKS!

I don't really know but you can go to babycenter.com and in the search engine type in interracial families and go to there hair thread and I am sure they will help you.

thanks i am a member of babycenter!
    Healthy Relaxed Journey 2014
    Hairfinity Challenge 2014

2014 BRICK HOUSE CHALLENGE

Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised!

flat twist on the top loose girls in the back are cute.

bangs area pulled up into a clip, hair parted in the middle back of head (or in zig zag shape for extra design) and pulled into two lower puffs depending on the length of her hair. ( or straight pig tails if her hair is straight)

part the hair down the middle of the back of head. do two flat twists both facing inwards. pulling the hair upwards. draw the hair together secure with pony tail holder. style the top of pony tail in curls or afro puffs depending on hair type. It's also cute if you heighten the bang area slightly and fasten a stylish clip to add some definition in the front.

twist! my daughter is 9 and i twist her hair! she loves braids and she likes me to straighten her hair but its too much for me to braid it! it takes too long to take them out! try flat twisting the front in a design and twist the back! it last about 2 weeks!
    www.fotki.com/ifeyini
    www.myspace.com/netteo81
    God First, Family second, and self last

Blog Entries

I know you said no braids, but when my niece was that age range she loved french braids with the ends left loose and a ribbon tied on the ends. Kind of like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. My daughter likes them too for swimming.
    The most important thing for anyone to know is that people can love us just the way we are ~ Mr. Rogers

Last relaxer 01APRIL10

New Years Hair Resolution: Simplify for Simply Beautiful Hair

Cathy Howse 365 Day Hair Challenge

My name is TBC, and I am a Conditioner Crackhead

Thanks ladies....oh, and TBC I remember my mom fixing my hair in that very style when I was a little girl...that is a cute type of braid that would look cute on my dd!!
    Healthy Relaxed Journey 2014
    Hairfinity Challenge 2014

2014 BRICK HOUSE CHALLENGE

Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised!

Quote Originally Posted by shay2biz View Post
    I don't really know but you can go to babycenter.com and in the search engine type in interracial families and go to there hair thread and I am sure they will help you.

OOOh, I went here and got so many new ideas for hair styles.

Come next year, my 8 year old will be Mis Thang at school.
    4b natural almost BSL hair
    Hair Album - pw=choxie

I know that this is old thread, but I went to babycenter.com and from there, it seems like a whole new world of hairstyles just opened up to me.

I ended up at Hairstyles For Girls - The Story Of A Princess And Her Hair and have found many hairstyles for my soon to be 8 yo. She loves the look and I think a lot of them are very adaptable for her hair.

This lady loves to braid and cornrow and do all kinds of styles I just don't see all the time. Also I am viewing her video of fishbone/fishtail braiding.

We will be set this year come school time.

And a lot of the styles lend themselves to the summer.
    4b natural almost BSL hair
    Hair Album - pw=choxie

10. Default

A really cute hair style is tying the hair up to the side & rather then having it be a straight or loose pony tail, have the hair puffed out and pulling a bang out & doing a loose spiral curl to the side (the opposite side from the side with the pony tail). It looks really cute.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast