$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Children And extentions

I see alot of women who let there little girls wear braids. They claim that there just trying to make there childs hair grow but I do feel at a certain age they still shouldnt be allowed to wear them.I think it makes them grow up faster.
    Everyone is different with there kids.So May I ask at what age would you let your daughter wear her hair down or wrapped ??? Everyone has a different opinion So this is why Im asking.Are you A Strict Parent Or "The Cool Type"
    Last edited by CREODiiVA; 06-16-2009 at 10:23 AM.

Pretty in Pink

i dont have a daughter but if i did if i'd let her get a wrap at 12... i had my first one at 10 or 11 and it was for a wedding. but i didnt start getting my hair done at the shop until the 8th grade.

Blog Entries

I guess it depends on the child, when I was younger I was involved in various sports and I was happy to keep my hair braided. I don't think that makes the parent strict if they won't allow them to get their hair in any other style....The child has to know how to take car of her hair as well, so maybe the mother doesn't think her child is ready to get any other style besides braids. So,I think it depends on the child...if she isn't involved in sports and she can listen to her mother and learn how to take care of her hair, then I guess its okay then....

You may not like me but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/Virtuous...P?feature=mhum

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by virtuouswoman View Post
    I guess it depends on the child, when I was younger I was involved in various sports and I was happy to keep my hair braided. I don't think that makes the parent strict if they won't allow them to get their hair in any other style....The child has to know how to take car of her hair as well, so maybe the mother doesn't think her child is ready to get any other style besides braids. So,I think it depends on the child...if she isn't involved in sports and she can listen to her mother and learn how to take care of her hair, then I guess its okay then....
    I agree with the bolded statements. If she/we can handle wearing her hair down, then that's fine. She'll definitely have to have an appreciation for her own hair before she starts adding more (i.e. extensions).
    GODIVA (ID=4ANLBSL-N)

Don't sit around waiting for your dreams to come true....go after them with all your heart

Blog Entries

I'm doing box braids for my daughter this summer. She's 5 and I really struggled with this decision, but with T-ball and swimming 4 days a week I am having trouble keeping up with her hair.

I don't plan on doing them much longer than her own hair, and it's not so much for growth but to protect it from excessive chlorine and washing, and potential damage. Around here I see much younger kids with braids, which is what helped sway my decision. I can do them and she can still look like a little girl, but spend less time getting her hair washed and done..
    The most important thing for anyone to know is that people can love us just the way we are ~ Mr. Rogers

Last relaxer 01APRIL10

New Years Hair Resolution: Simplify for Simply Beautiful Hair

Cathy Howse 365 Day Hair Challenge

My name is TBC, and I am a Conditioner Crackhead

Blog Entries

I don't think little girls should have braids, but I guess for sports like tbc it makes sense, otherwise, I think it's too much.
    Bced: Oct. 16th, 2009
    Challenges: Sulphur Mix, BHP 2012 Protective Styling, BSL (Challenge) for 2012, 2012 No Heat Challenges
    Haliboo my Wifey- Till Death Do US part! MUAH!!!
    Me + AC=NATURAL Hair buddies!
    Shiro &I=Hair Growth COMPARISON buddies
    http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com

I started wearing braids when I was 5, and they were super long!!! My parents had no idea how to take care of my hair. every chance my mother got, she put a relaxer in my hair. ugh I say this everytime relaxers are the devil!!! So for low manipulation and swiming in the summer and going to day camp; It was just easier to maintain. plus You can still wash them. My hair grew wonderfully in box braids. I'm getting a little too old for box braids so I wear my hair in roller sets. but braids are great for childrens hair especially if done correctly. PLus they are age appropriate. Mine were a little long like waist length as a child not cool but if I knew about all the types of hair I would wear shorter braids with silkier curly ends.
    MY NAME IS Beezy
    2 inches to brastrap length rapidly approaching MBL.
    hoping for waist length by the end of 2010. Dynamic trio I got swagga I got style I got brains

Blog Entries

^^^ You've eased my mind about this brittbritt. No way I'm doing WL braids because I don't want my dh getting vain or become dissatisfied about her own hair. She starts kindergarten on August 27, and those braids will be gone by the 24th.
    The most important thing for anyone to know is that people can love us just the way we are ~ Mr. Rogers

Last relaxer 01APRIL10

New Years Hair Resolution: Simplify for Simply Beautiful Hair

Cathy Howse 365 Day Hair Challenge

My name is TBC, and I am a Conditioner Crackhead

Quote Originally Posted by brittbritt View Post
    I started wearing braids when I was 5, and they were super long!!! My parents had no idea how to take care of my hair. every chance my mother got, she put a relaxer in my hair. ugh I say this everytime relaxers are the devil!!! So for low manipulation and swiming in the summer and going to day camp; It was just easier to maintain. plus You can still wash them. My hair grew wonderfully in box braids. I'm getting a little too old for box braids so I wear my hair in roller sets. but braids are great for childrens hair especially if done correctly. PLus they are age appropriate. Mine were a little long like waist length as a child not cool but if I knew about all the types of hair I would wear shorter braids with silkier curly ends.
    You roller set you natural hair??, do you use setting lotion etc. How do you do this? Sorry for sounding weird for I am growing in this hair care world.
    Tex-laxed
    Under Construction and coming out on TOP!!!!.....

My youngest is 10. I actually have pics posted on my FB page where she has her hair down. She was at her first salon visit. I let her wear it down for school sometimes too. She loves that. I don't see anything wrong with it if they are mature enough not to play in it or let anyone else. I think the first time I let her was when she was 9 in the 4th grade. She will be going into the 6th grade this year.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast