$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun

Default prepping for kinky twists

im getting some kinky twists on tues and i was wondering what all i need to do to prep my hair. i plan on having them in a lil over a month. do i need to trim my ends prior or after? im thinking after b/c if i trim them before, won't the ends be sticking out from the twists? and i plan on doing a mini chop after i take them out anyway. do i need to do a protein treatment? i just did one a few days ago. it wouldnt be wise for me to do it again would it? i just need a lil advice to make sure that i will still have some hair when i take these twists out! lol
    )i(

Sorry chick, I don't know how you'd prepare for that. Bumping for answers
    Naturals unite! Help me get Leentora to ditch the crack in a jar!

V-DUB will see face when I say so!

Current length: SL
    Goal: BSL natural healthy curly hair by graduation
    Challenges: Fitness Part: 2
    Last relaxer: June 22 2009
    Day I became natural: May 14 2010
    Natural Buddies: Halibel & Me!
    Bring it on natural hair!

Blog Entries

You don't have to trim your ends because if the person does them right you won't see your hair sticking out from the twists. They really do make your hair grow alot so maybe you should consider doing the MC before getting the twists? I don't think you really need another protein treatment if you just did one, unless you are experiencing some serious breaking, but I would just make sure my hair is clean before I get the twists you don't want to use anything to make your hair oily because it will cause the twist to come out. I think they're a good protective style and I'm considering getting them again, I loved my twists when I had them and my hair grew soo much.

You may not like me but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/Virtuous...P?feature=mhum

Never heard of them...can somebody post some pictures...thanks

Blog Entries

I'm with you Amy, never heard of them. What's the diff between kinky twist and two-strand twist?

6. Default

Well I have some kinky twists now and my ends are not sticking out the person that did them , did a nice job and yes they do grow your hair a lot. No don't get yours ends trim unless you just wont to because you will shorten the process of your hair growing.

So, K-Butterflyy..how'd it help your growth? Happy with your progress, what are you styling now?
    Speak up..I want to hear what you have to say!

Quote Originally Posted by bejai View Post
    I'm with you Amy, never heard of them. What's the diff between kinky twist and two-strand twist?
    I think no hair added when someone says two strand twists. I think hair added when someone says kinky twists.
    Speak up..I want to hear what you have to say!

You literally use a 'kinky' texture extention to twist your hair. I looks really natural and when my braider does it it taked 4 hours versus the 8 it takes when she uses the kanekalon hair.

Quote Originally Posted by bejai View Post

Hair Length: SL
    Hair Goal: APL by Dec. 2011
    Challeges: Ultimate Deep Conditioning 2011, 2011 Castor Oil Challenge, Ultimate APL Challenge 2011, 2011 Ultimate Weightloss Challenge, 6 Inch Challenge
    Last Relaxer: November 6, 2010

Twists are the bomb.