Amina is right (See, ppl do like me!!!)
Originally Posted by Saunta2
Ahem* yeah but I don't use anything else but the restructurizer. With that in mind, I'll just post my straightening routine:
1. I wash my hair with castile soap, shampoo, or anything with a high pH to remove any excess product. (Note that I do NOT condition).
2. I blot dry my hair with a microfiber towel and section hair into four.
3. I spray the Green Tea & Keratin Restructurizer lightly in all sections, concentrating on the ends. (This is why I don't condition, since it must bond to the hair shaft).
4. I blowdry each section on medium with a comb/pik attachment from ends to roots, using tension.
5. I make smaller sections and follow up with my Maxiglide XP (w/ distilled water in chamber), steaming my ends, then running it down the hair shaft lightly (or, if using a regular ceramic flat iron, just make small sections, detangle, and pass through section).
6. My hair is now straight and strengthened .
I've never had breakage going this route. But the key to getting straighter hair is to avoid using water-based and oil-based products when straightening. I think LeoBodyC5 also uses no product, just her Maxiglide, and her hair is GORGEOUS....
All this talk makes me want to straighten this weekend I just may! Anywho, HTH!
3b/3c // M/C // ii
Wash and condition weekly.
Allow to air dry.
Apply oils to hair and scalp.
Gently brush through and wear a simple style.
-I allow my hair to dry almost completely before styling, brushing or combing (aside from shower detangling).
-I trim only when absolutely necessary.
-I only wear like one or two oils. Products are too complicated sometimes.