$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Long Naturals that Flat Iron....

My question to you ladies is: Do you flat iron? If so, how often, and has using a flat iron on a regular basis hindered your progress?

Idk, but I know several long-haired naturals that use heat styling tools like CHI irons and Maxiglides, blowdryers galore. They still seem to maintain their long locks with ease. I know of a girl that flat irons her hair every 2 days and she's BSL (she just cut her hair from MBL length). Nowadays, she hardly ever wears her hair natural. She stays pressed/flat ironed.

Are there any other naturals that don't have issues with heat styling?

i dont, i get my hair done whenever i feel like it. once a month or once every 3 months, it doesnt matter. i dye it and everything. im really low maint. with my hair. i wash it once every 2 weeks, and i effortlessly can grow MBL to WL. i usually cut it before it gets that long though. i think it just depends on your hair. when i dye my hair it doesnt dry out or anything, but my sister (we're twins) it dries her ends out really bad, but she just trims and keeps it moving.

Heat styling is fine with my head as long as I moisturize first. My issue is my ends. I really need them clipped but I'm hesitant to be trusting with them.

I have a flat-iron, catching dust, I never used it because I'm to afraid to put it to my head. lol

killa kali...the state where they kill...
    Blog Entries

i have no problem pressing & flat ironing my hair...unfortunately im on the K.I.S.S. challenge, so im only using heat 4 length checkz onlee...lol...i also color my hair without n e problemz either...i think it just dependz on the individual & how they manage their hair...
    Last edited by 2Bossay; 11-03-2008 at 11:14 PM.
    *BSL..4B/Natural*
    *MBL N '10*...
    <--------------------------------->
    http://BOSSHAIRESSENTIALZ.com

Blog Entries

I use mt flat iron every blue moon On my OWN Hair..Even when I get weaves I never flat iron them either ..I always get a CURLY WEAVE So I dont have to CUZ IM LAZY

Pretty in Pink

Quote Originally Posted by CREODiiVA View Post
    I use mt flat iron every blue moon On my OWN Hair..Even when I get weaves I never flat iron them either ..I always get a CURLY WEAVE So I dont have to CUZ IM LAZY
    That's smart. Curly weaves are good and its easy to disguise your own hair.
    3b/3c // M/C // ii

Regimen:
    Wash and condition weekly.
    Allow to air dry.
    Apply oils to hair and scalp.
    Gently brush through and wear a simple style.

Pointers:
    -I allow my hair to dry almost completely before styling, brushing or combing (aside from shower detangling).
    -I trim only when absolutely necessary.
    -I only wear like one or two oils. Products are too complicated sometimes.

8. Default

Its no no when it comes to flat iron
    Lively Jason

Good Hair Days

I don't flat iron frequently. Matter of fact I did it for Thanksgiving and before that was my birthday in March. I keep the heat used on my hair to a minimum. So far it's been working because my hair has grown so much since my semi BC in May.

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelleChele View Post
    I don't flat iron frequently. Matter of fact I did it for Thanksgiving and before that was my birthday in March. I keep the heat used on my hair to a minimum. So far it's been working because my hair has grown so much since my semi BC in May.
    Hey, I saw your fotki! You have great hair!!!
    What is your regime like? To me, you transitioned well!
    I love the bantu knot hair style too. I'm a sucker for curls
    3b/3c // M/C // ii

Regimen:
    Wash and condition weekly.
    Allow to air dry.
    Apply oils to hair and scalp.
    Gently brush through and wear a simple style.

Pointers:
    -I allow my hair to dry almost completely before styling, brushing or combing (aside from shower detangling).
    -I trim only when absolutely necessary.
    -I only wear like one or two oils. Products are too complicated sometimes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast