$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
    Blog Entries

Default Milk and Lime Hair Loosener

Has anybody used this with positive results? If so what did you do, how did you mix it, how long did you leave it on? I don't have a steam cap or hooded dryer so will my results be less positive if I just use my gold metallic treatment cap? I found this recipe online and I wanted to try it:

1 tin of coconut milk
    2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
    4 tablespoons of lime juice
    2-3 tablespoons of cornstarch

Empty the coconut milk into a saucepan add the extra virgin olive oil and whisk until well blended. Coconut milk varies in consistency by brand so depending on how thin the mixture in the saucepan is, add 2-3 tablespoons in a separate bowl and mix this with the lime juice until the mixture is lump free then add to the coconut milk & olive oil mixture. Put the saucepan over a medium heat whisking constantly. The purpose is not to cook the mixture but to activate the cornstarch which will thicken the mixture to a ‘conditioner’ type consistency. This should take a couple of minutes. If you find the mixture is still too thin then add a bit more cornstarch or if you get a brand of coconut milk that that is very thick to begin with, you may omit the corn starch altogether.

Apply the mixture to your hair in sections to ensure it is evenly covered. Cover with a plastic cap then under a steam cap for ½ hour to an hour. If you don’t have a steam cap but you have a hooded dryer, read this article on how to give your hair a steam treatment without a steam cap.

Depending on the length and thickness of you hair, the mixture will be enough for 1-2 applications. Place any remaining treatment into a plastic jar/container and freeze until you require it next.

Proceed to shampoo the mixture out of your hair thoroughly then proceed to deep condition as usual with an ultra moisturizing conditioner. Remember, the final rinse should be done with cold/lukewarm water to close the hair cuticles and seal in the moisture.

Roller set your hair with only a glycerine containing product like S Curl along with some heat protectant for the softest results. Sit under a dryer for up to 90 minutes or until the hair is thoroughly dry. To complete the look flat iron the hair in sections with one swipe on a medium heat (you will not need much heat to get your hair straight). Style as desired.

I wanted to try this method this weekend, but when I checked the supermarket the coconut milk they had, had in some kind of preservative, some sodium something or the other. The health store didn't have any, I will call the larger one in town and see. What do you do after you wash and condition, I don't fancy adding S-curl before flat ironing. Besides I don't plan on roller setting (can't do it properly to save my life), I was going to do a blow out. Also I think I got scammed with the blow dryer I bought last year. It is an Allure Ceramic/Tourmaline/Ionice 4300 blowdryer. It is not shiny on the outside like all the other ceramic ones I see and the worst part, I can't find it online. I only see Allure 4200 and 4400 but not the 4300. At least it seems do what it claims and leaves my hair nice and soft and shiny. But I believe it is a rip off.
    Last edited by Saunta2; 05-29-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Changed title

Blog Entries

Thanks, I shall try to keep this in mind next time I am stretching (I cant stretch in the summer... sweat, and flat ironed hair don't go well with me!)
    Its all my opinion, or knowledge
    Don't be offended
    Hair id 4BNLBSL/APLTL
    explanation? Hair ID

Stretch (weeks):

Salon weaveless since March '08

My growth buddy ...Love,me

Blog Entries

I have never heard of this or tried it, sounds interesting. I wonder if this is the same concept as the carmel treatment? That's supposed to straighten your curl, too.
    HAIR TYPE: 4 A/B (RELAXED)
    CURRENT LENGTH: ?
    HAIR GOAL: APL BY ???

Starting over

Blog Entries

I will let you guys know how it goes. I am planning to do it Monday, since its a bank holiday and I'll be home for the whole day. I just bought my coconut milk, a terry turban and caps since I don't have any source of steam and my limes. I have cornstarch and oil already. I will skip the s-curl rollerset though because suck at roller setting and I don't fancy the idea of flat ironing with S-curl in my hair.