$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun

View Poll Results: Which relaxer would you suggest?!!

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Affirm

3 60.00%
  • ORS olive oil (No lye)

2 40.00%

Question Affirm or ORS olive oil no lye relaxer

Hi ladies,

I could really use your help. I am natural with thin and fragile 4a(mostly)/4b hair.
    I've been natural for over 2 years now.. Before that i had one session of keratin treatment done at a salon which i didn't like and felt it caused more hair breakage than i already had, so i did not do it again.

Now my hair is doing ok, but is so hard to manage, always matted together and tangled with knots that i see along hair strands (which truly irritates me) and very difficult to wash and detangle . I feel whatever breakage i keep seeing whenever i detangle it is due to these facts, so i decided to relax it hoping it would stop all that and make my life easier.

I really need your advice on what relaxer to use; Affirm or ORS olive oil . I don't really want a bone straight hair, i just want to use a relaxer that is less harsh on my hair and would leave my hair soft and bouncy..

What do you think lovely ladies ?!!

I really wanna know how your hair feels every time you use either of these two relaxers to help me decide ..
    Hair .....
    - Type: Fine 4a natural
    - Length: BSL/APL
    - Goal: MBL, Healthy

I've never used these relaxers...sorry. Hopefully someone who has will give you feedback soon.

4. Default

I use Affirm and love it. I have hair almost to my waist and it is relaxed and I have had no problem.

Blog Entries

I hear great things about ORS, people often say Affirm is too strong, but never tried either one.

4B, Relaxed 8/10/2014
    Transitioning to texturized

My name was Antonio West. I was the 13-month old child who was shot in the face at point blank range by two black teens, who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. I think my murder and my mommy’s wounding made the news for maybe a day, and then disappeared.

A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick, Georgia ruled the black teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty... too bad it was me who got the death sentence from my killers instead, because Mommy didn’t have the money they demanded.

See, my family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder wasn’t ruled a ‘hate crime’. Oh, and President Obama didn’t take a single moment to acknowledge my murder. He couldn’t have any children who could possibly look like me - so why should he care? I’m one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media didn’t care to cover the story of my being killed in cold blood.

There isn’t a white equivalent of Al Sharpton, because if there was he would be branded a ‘racist’. So no one’s rushing to Brunswick, Georgia to demonstrate and demand ‘justice’ for me. There’s no ‘White Panther’ party, either, to put a bounty on the lives of the two black teens who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation, and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

Isn’t this a great country, or what?
    So while you’re out seeking ‘justice for Trayvon or Michael Brown’, please remember to seek ‘justice’ for me. Tell your friends about me, tell your families, get tee-shirts with my face on them, and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Trayvon and Michael Brown.

I won’t hold my breath. I don’t have to anymore,

Antonio West