$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Types Of Hair

Blog Entries

Default Types Of Hair

TYPES OF HAIR
    First step towards beautiful hair is to find out which type of hair you possess.
    No matter how beautiful a face you possess, if you neglect your hair you are damaging the beauty of your contour. If your hair is in poor condition because of neglect, or if it has been subjected to harsh treatment, all is not lost. With care and attention you will be able to restore its bounce and glossy luster once again.

HAIR TYPE TEST
    For finding out the type of hair with the help of tissue paper test you can follow the following steps:

Wash the hair with a shampoo a day before.
    Take a tissue paper and press it on the centre of the head and behind the ears. If you find oil on the tissue paper it means you have oily hair, otherwise your hair is dry. Remember, here again do not rub the tissue paper on the head but just press it on the head.
    A tissue paper test combined with a careful look at the hair can tell the type of hair you possess.

Experts believe that:
    Usually a normal skinned person possesses normal hair.
    A dry skinned person possesses dry hair.
    People having oily skin tend to have oily hair too.
    If you have oily head and dry ends then you have combination hair.
    Having been armed with the knowledge of particular hair type you may possess, treat your hair accordingly then.

HAIR TYPE

Normal Hair
    It is shiny yet not greasy and fairly easy to manage.
    It flies about a little a day after the set but it soon settles down and looks good for about a week.

Oily Hair
    Looks good for a day or two after shampooing but then quickly becomes lifeless.
    Groups of hair cling together in unattractive strands and the head feels dirty.
    It often has the problem of dandruff.

Dry Hair
    It is difficult to control dry hair after shampooing. Looks dull and have ends that are dry and split. Even just before shampooing the ends look dry.
    The head too feels dry and sometimes itchy. Dry hair breaks of very easily.
    Sometimes there are dry flakes of skin around the hairline.

Combination Hair
    It is the combination of both greasy and dry hair.
    It is usually fairly long and the hair nearest the head is greasy while the ends are dry.
    After shampooing, the hair looks good except for the ends.
    Ends look difficult to set smoothly, split and lighter in color than the roots.
    But by the time hair needs shampooing again, ends look quite good.
    Never argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Concotion Partner - Shiro

Newly Natural!

Making Africa and other nations of people of color smaller than they appear; diminishes their importance.
    Now, we've been getting history through a Eurocentric perspective. In order for us to live together, we have to have a fair and accurate account of our history

Great information, Leentora!

Blog Entries

Your welcome, glad you find it helpful.
    Never argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Newly Natural!

Making Africa and other nations of people of color smaller than they appear; diminishes their importance.
    Now, we've been getting history through a Eurocentric perspective. In order for us to live together, we have to have a fair and accurate account of our history

Blog Entries

Thankxx 4 That Info

Pretty in Pink

Blog Entries

your welcome my dear!!!

Newly Natural!

Great info... most black women and women with curlier hair have dry hair.

Beauty Blvd.! My brand new blog stop by and show some love!

My Regimen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti Hair Slave View Post
    Great info... most black women and women with curlier hair have dry hair.
    This is so me, but I have learn how to lock in mositure as much as possible. And take care of my ends

Newly Natural!

Default Home Remedies For Dry Hair

* To a cup of coconut milk add two tablespoons of gram flour. Apply on the scalp and massage gently. Rinse the hair after five minutes. Use this method once a week. This is very good and effective home remedy for dry hair.

* Make a conditioner by mixing one tablespoon of castor oil, one tablespoon of glycerin, a teaspoon of cider vinegar, a teaspoon of protein to a tablespoon of mild herbal shampoo. Apply it on scalp and leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse the hair.

* Massage the scalp with warm almond or olive oil.

* Add a teaspoon of lavender oil to the coconut oil and heat it for few seconds. Massage the scalp at night and shampoo the hair next morning. Follow this procedure twice a week for soft and shiny hair. This is very useful home remedy for dry hair.

*A diet rich in zinc should be followed, as the main cause of dry hair is the deficiency of mineral zinc.

Latest-Beauty-Tips.com --- a platform to discuss about health, beauty, skin care, fashion, weight loss, nutrition tips, cosmetic & plastic surgery and lot of similar issues.

I have dry hair. I have no doubt about it.
    MY NAME IS Beezy
    2 inches to brastrap length rapidly approaching MBL.
    hoping for waist length by the end of 2010. Dynamic trio I got swagga I got style I got brains

Blog Entries

I thought for sure I had dry hair, but now I'm having doubts. My hair tends to feel dry for the most part, but back home my hair is always easy to manage and always looks healthy. My hair has been suffering breakage, yet I have no split ends (just scraggley ones). Is there such a thing as combo hair that is dry in some parts and normal inother ones?
    The most important thing for anyone to know is that people can love us just the way we are ~ Mr. Rogers

Last relaxer 01APRIL10

New Years Hair Resolution: Simplify for Simply Beautiful Hair

Cathy Howse 365 Day Hair Challenge

My name is TBC, and I am a Conditioner Crackhead

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast