$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default I found a true answer to HAIRLINE breakage!

I belong to this other forum call KinkyCreed....and this is what reply I got regarding thinned and broken hairlines....

This is a quote: "My cousin has this condition where if she gets extremely stressed all of her hair falls out at once. But you would never believe it if you saw how long it grew back. It has happened to her four times, the first time occurring in high school. My mom said that what promoted the hair back was a night routine my great grandmother would do on her scalp.

She massaged my cousin's head gently for twenty to thirty minutes a day, everyday, even months after the hair started to grow back. She would take an oil, any light non pore clogging oil that promotes growth or soothes the scalp will do, and just lightly go in circles with the pads of her finger tips. Just a little bit of oil, not a lot. She also would make her drink this concoction, I think it taste pretty yucky. You pretty much cook any good for you leafy vegetable like greens, in water, and once cooked, you use the vegetable in however way you were planning, but you drink ALL of the water. She would do this at least once a week.

But it takes patience, dedication and a gentle but thorough hand to do it. If you have a good friend or significant other they could help you out a lot. That way you just relax and enjoy the massage instead of concentrating on the thin hairline.

It worked three times. Unfortunately when my great grandmother died she did not have anyone near by that could do it for her the fourth time and she did not have the patience to do it herself. The hair did not grow back nearly as full as it did before so I believe that there was something to this.

Try what Paula said, record how many minutes you spent, and report if you noticed any changes if you can't find a extra hand to help you out."
    BIG CHOP on August 13, 2008.....I couldn't wait.....xoxo

Just getting to know my natural hair and loving it

Check out my blog at: My Natural Hair Journey

Blog Entries

ive heard about this b4 and ppl swear by it...i tried massaging my hair b4 but i am so lazy and ive never kept up on it...i should probably do it...maybe we can start a challenge...lol. i dont know how good it would be...maybe we could fix something up mahogany
    www.fotki.com/wpjas07

Deep conditioning challenge
    Co-Washing Challenge

Goal: Shoulder length all natural hair by the end of 09

Blog Entries

Hey let's do that. Ok why not start right now???

I challenge you to massage your scalp EVERY day for at least 15 mins having the last day be Aug. 22 on Friday.

We must be honest and check on each other every day about it...are you down? Also lets drink 1 V8 juice drink once a day too.

I try to massage my scalp every single day. I do it about 6 days out of the week and it's so relaxing. I do it right before bed with coconut oil.

Beauty Blvd.! My brand new blog stop by and show some love!

My Regimen

Blog Entries

yea mahogany i pm'd u bout it...ima do it just not the veggie juice...short on funds buy antislave how does the massage work for u??
    www.fotki.com/wpjas07

Deep conditioning challenge
    Co-Washing Challenge

Goal: Shoulder length all natural hair by the end of 09

Blog Entries

Sounds like it should work. You've got a massage in there to boost circulation. you got oil for scalp nourishment, you've got an in take of iron, that helps with blood transport.

I like the sound of it. but I am too lazy to rub my own head!
    Its all my opinion, or knowledge
    Don't be offended
    Hair id 4BNLBSL/APLTL
    explanation? Hair ID

Stretch (weeks):

Salon weaveless since March '08

My growth buddy ...Love,me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dividir View Post
    I like the sound of it. but I am too lazy to rub my own head!
    LOL...that is too funny Dividir....

Hey Anti-slave that's good....me and jasnian are working on doing it everyday for 15 minutes...how long have you been doing it....do you think it is worth it (I mean based on your results)?

I massage my hair while I watch natural hair video clips on YouTube.com. It seems that if I watch 2 videos then I make it through the 15 minutes. I like doing that too because I like to see all the different natural hair styles and hair journeys....I also drank my V8.....

i wonder if i have time after i get hme from work to massage my scalp!!
    lol
    whooo i b so tired at 4:30
    but i'll try
    what other types of oil can b used besides coconut?

9. Default

how about jamaican casto oil?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedMyHairBack View Post
    how about jamaican casto oil?
    Where can I get some of that stuff? They don't have that type in the Beauty Supply stores here (Michigan).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast