Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Post How do you dry your hair??

How do you dry your hair??
    Posted Today at 02:08 PM by azucarmoreno
    Ladies,

I've been thinking how much care we put into conditioning and moisturizing our hair, and how it all can go out the window if we use the wrong drying technique or abuse hot styling tools...

I have decided to reduce the amount of heat I use to dry my hair, and yesterday I co washed and attempted to air dry my hair. I had mixed results...

The Bad: I did not factor in the amount of time it would take for may hair to air dry naturally, so I ended up using a blow dryer on the coolest setting at low speed (not terrible, right?). Well, my hair dried puffy and "krispy" so everytime I combed it, my hair would break off and snap even though I use some wonderful leave-in conditioners...

The Good: my scalp LOVED the low heat as opposed as high-speed/high-heat setting I use when I blow dry my hair generally. My scalp did not feel dry, flaky or itchy, and my hair had lots of volume ( in part because of the puffiness...). Also I changed my maintenance products, and instead of an anti-frizz serum (silicone-based) I used two leave-in conditioners: Nexxus Volumizing Leave-in, and Elasta QP H2. Both of them left my hair feeing soft and manageable when I apply them.

Conclusion: I need to keep working on my air drying technique, but if I am not letting my hair air dry entirely, I will just blow dry it as usual.

For those interested in air drying I found this video in youtube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2pj4tm5GG0]YouTube - Hairlicious Inc : How I Air Dry My Hair[/ame]

Can you ladies share different techniques on how you dry your hair without using too much heat or tension?
    BSL, Relaxed; goal: MB by end of 2010

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Eleanor Roosevelt.

Blog Entries

hey its sunshyne!! lol she has had great amounts of growth!
    **Saving money, one coupon at a time**

Blog Entries

I apply Motions Nourish Leave-in and Pantene Relaxed and Natural Moisturiser after washing. Comb it through and leave-it. If I am going somewhere I will wear a puff if I am just staying home I do nothing. I don't even touch it with a towel. My mum freaks and tells me I will catch a cold.

After washing my hair, I wrap a towel over it. When my hair is half way dry, still a bit moist I use a leave in and comb it through. Then I leave it alone to airdry .
    Life is better as a natural.

Blog Entries

I've been lazy lately and so I have been air drying more often.
    Neutrogena Triple Moisture products: Shampoo, Conditioner, Leave in.
    Moisturize with: Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter

After washing my hair I pat it lightly with a towel, then I add my leave in, moisturizer, and sealant and let it airdry the rest of the way.
    Yo amo El Senor! No hay otra que compara! ìViva La República Dominicana! Quisqueya

Fight them until hell freezes over, then fight them on the ice.
    The beatings will continue until your morale changes.

I apply coconut oil and a tad bit of shortening to sectioned hair and do a two strand twist. I do this in the morning or overnight and my hair is *usually* dry by the afternoon.

When I need a quicker style, I sit under the hairdryer with twists or just wet hair with a curling product. Then I blow out the roots with a hair dryer + concentrator attachment.

Before straightening, I apply Biosilk Silk Therapy and/or another heat protectant, twist hair, and let it air dry overnight. Then I take a boar bristle radial brush (or a boar paddle brush) and blowdry the hair until smooth.
    3b/3c // M/C // ii

Regimen:
    Wash and condition weekly.
    Allow to air dry.
    Apply oils to hair and scalp.
    Gently brush through and wear a simple style.

Pointers:
    -I allow my hair to dry almost completely before styling, brushing or combing (aside from shower detangling).
    -I trim only when absolutely necessary.
    -I only wear like one or two oils. Products are too complicated sometimes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evanny View Post
    After washing my hair I pat it lightly with a towel, then I add my leave in, moisturizer, and sealant and let it airdry the rest of the way.
    This is my routine to the "T".
    GODIVA (ID=4ANLBSL-N)

Don't sit around waiting for your dreams to come true....go after them with all your heart

Quote Originally Posted by godiva View Post
    This is my routine to the "T".
    Great minds think alike.
    Yo amo El Senor! No hay otra que compara! ìViva La República Dominicana! Quisqueya

Fight them until hell freezes over, then fight them on the ice.
    The beatings will continue until your morale changes.

Blog Entries

I pat my hair "lightly" with a towel after rinsing out the conditioner. After that I apply a leave in and some coconut oil. Then if I have any tangles I use a shower comb to get them under control and just airdry.
    HAIR TYPE: 4 A/B (RELAXED)
    CURRENT LENGTH: ?
    HAIR GOAL: APL BY ???

Starting over

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast