$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun

Thread: Help!!

Default Help!!

Every time i comb my hair, lots of strands come out. I'm transitioning, is this the old perm hair falling out?

Blog Entries

You need to clarify whether it is breakage or shedding.

1. breakage is broken pieces of hair strand of various lengths (breakage is not normal and needs your immediate attention to rectify it)

2. Shedding is a full hair strand with a white pulp at the end of it, the pulp is an indication that it came directly from the root of the hair. You will either see the white pulp or feel it with you fingers (shedding is normal and will last for a short).

HTH
    Never argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Concotion Partner - Shiro

Newly Natural!

Making Africa and other nations of people of color smaller than they appear; diminishes their importance.
    Now, we've been getting history through a Eurocentric perspective. In order for us to live together, we have to have a fair and accurate account of our history

Blog Entries

breakage or shedding? How does the hair look at the end?

ETA: What Leen said lol

You may not like me but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/Virtuous...P?feature=mhum

In that case, it is breakage because i see no white puplp at the end of the hair

The best way to comb hair to reduce breakage is when it is slathered in conditioner. Comb from ends to root. Get yourself a seamless, widetooth comb or at least a Jilbere shower comb to lessen chance of snagging. Make sure you focus your moisturization at the line of demarcation. Check Youtube for lots of transitioning help.
    Speak up..I want to hear what you have to say!

Blog Entries

It depends. It could be just your hair shedding. Be sure to apply leave-in conditioner on hair before combing so hair won't break off.
    ~Don't go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. By:Ralph Waldo Emerson

LAST RELAXER:August 2009
    HAIR TYPE:3c
    HAIR LENGTH:APL
    HAIR GOAL:BSL
    BC DATE: August 20, 2010

Challenges: 2010 TRANSITIONING CHALLENGE & Castor Oil Challenge for GROWTH and THICKNESS, 2011 STEAMING, 2011 NO HEAT, 2011 PROTECTIVE STYLING, ULTIMATE DEEP CONDITIONING, SUPPORTER OF TRANSITION CHALLENGE 2011

I'M A NATURAL SISTAH!!!

Hair Buddie: Sweets

Blog Entries

Moisturizing with water based moisturizers and using oils that penetrate the hair shaft can help with breakage. Also, less heat and less tense hairstyles can help to put an end to breakage as well.
    HAIR TYPE: 4 A/B (RELAXED)
    CURRENT LENGTH: ?
    HAIR GOAL: APL BY ???

Starting over

Ok before I ask questions I should tell you about my bad reaction �� ok well my hair was beautiful long and healthy. I always go to the same Dominican stylist. My hair is permed. I always used olive oil perm for years but once I got highlights my stylist switched to mizanni. The last time I got highlights was about 2 years ago but every time I get a perm I still used mizanni. Anyways around April I decide to get my hair black so she told me to purchase this kit from the beauty supply store. It was in a box and my hair came out great. 2 weeks later I go for my routine perm and as she is washing out the perm my hair felt caked down glued and wasn't soft. She put a conditioner in my hair and as she started to comb my hair she told me not to cry because wads of my hair was coming out. When she begins to roller set it hair is still coming out badly. After taking out rollers my hair was thin and although long did not look beautiful anymore. It look stripped. So two weeks later I come for a wash and set and its still coming out when she washes. I go back a week later and tell her to cut it, she cuts it too my shoulder and add bangs. And she applies the nexxus polymedic emergencee reconstructor. A little hair came out while washing and roller setting still. And on my own at home my hair would still break a lot . Ok now it's August and two weeks ago I went to salon I have so much new growth but I'm scared to perm because of what Happened. I bought the nexxus deep conditioner used it with the hydrating macadamia conditioner and less hair came out but after blow drying my hair still doesn't have the full healthy look its supposed to have. The next time I go to the salon I need to get a perm.

1) should I switch my perm back to olive oil because I may not need a strong perm like mizanni?
    2) when I get thee perm should I get a protein treatment? If so please recommend products
    3) do I perm then protein treatment then wash then deep condition? I feel like that would be so beneficial?
    4) I did strand test my hair breaks immediately so it seems like I need more moisture ? Product suggestions
    5) after washing my hair feels really glued down and stripped but my hair is still growing. Please suggest protein treatments as well as how I should go about using the product when I get my perm next week please
    THANK YOU

These days many people are facing hair loss and there are many reasons for it like it can be genetic, due to lack of protein, pregnancy and many other.

Read this blog to prevent hair fall ( https://eugenixhairsciences.wordpres...ral-solutions/ ).

Or see a doctor for professional advise.