$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shrinkage

Blog Entries

Angry Shrinkage

Never Been a big Issue ....But It Is Now !!! Anyone Going threw My pain ...

Pretty in Pink

Quote Originally Posted by CREODiiVA View Post
    Never Been a big Issue ....But It Is Now !!! Anyone Going threw My pain ...
    Girl yes! I love (and hate) shrinkage. I hate it when I wear WNG's b/c my curls are like corkscrews and look exactly like that. But when I stretch it out, I amaze myself every time.

But really, I try and make shrinkage work for me. Shrinkage makes protective styling easier b/c my hair is never on my shoulders. It just hovers above the shoulders. I try not to stretch out my length b/c it messes up the natural curl pattern too. I just leave it be.

I think shrinkage works great for type 4's. They can wear a perfectly shaped afro w/o all the manipulation.
    3b/3c // M/C // ii

Regimen:
    Wash and condition weekly.
    Allow to air dry.
    Apply oils to hair and scalp.
    Gently brush through and wear a simple style.

Pointers:
    -I allow my hair to dry almost completely before styling, brushing or combing (aside from shower detangling).
    -I trim only when absolutely necessary.
    -I only wear like one or two oils. Products are too complicated sometimes.

I really really really REALLY don't like shrinkage !
    Ppl always ask me if I cut my hair right after I wet/wash my hair.
    And I REALLY don't like clearing it out 'cause it HURTS ! And like to see my baby curls at the ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribbean Gyal View Post
    I really really really REALLY don't like shrinkage !
    Ppl always ask me if I cut my hair right after I wet/wash my hair.
    And I REALLY don't like clearing it out 'cause it HURTS ! And like to see my baby curls at the ends.

Wow, same here.
    3b/3c // M/C // ii

Regimen:
    Wash and condition weekly.
    Allow to air dry.
    Apply oils to hair and scalp.
    Gently brush through and wear a simple style.

Pointers:
    -I allow my hair to dry almost completely before styling, brushing or combing (aside from shower detangling).
    -I trim only when absolutely necessary.
    -I only wear like one or two oils. Products are too complicated sometimes.

I love shrinkage I used to hate it, but my curls are more springy when they curl up rather than being all limp and gross when they are stretched out. Plus depending on what I use I can have a shorter or longer hair style based on the shrinkage I want.

Shrinkage is a fact of most natural hair.

You just have to learn to work with it.

I look at my used to be bra strap length while relaxed hair and now accept it at neck length. I used to fret about it but now I know I need to really take great care of it to have the length I want even when shrunken. I think shrinkage causes a lot of women to resort to heat just to show length-no heat for me-the flat iron and blowdryer are staying in the closet.

It never really bothered me, until I straightened my hair for Thanksgiving. Shrinkage is EVIL and DECEIVING!!! It had me thinking my hair was shoulder length, when straightened it's almost bra strap. But hey what can we do?!?!?!

I love shrinkage in the summer when its to hot to do anything to my hair. I just wet my hair with water and let it air dry and the curls just pop and shrink. As a kid I didn't like it because I wanted straight hair like the other girls but my mom would never straighten my hair. My mom cursed me because my oldest son doesn't like his hair texture because its fine/thin-curly/wavy and he wanted straight hair. Just this October he's coming around to liking his texture and wants to wear it out.

This pic is my sons shrinkage which he likes to wear his hair in two strand twist because they look like dreds. Sorry but he just finished wrestling so the pic could look alittle funny.

This is his hair when it's braided. I've never straightened or blowdried his hair to see the true length I just let it air dry and braid it the next day. He only gets it braided for special occassions because of his hair type in which I still have no clue as to what it is.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast