$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Smile 7 Easy Tips For Smooth, Silky Braidouts That Last!

I thought this was some good tips for our braidout, so ya'll know by now your my ppl and whatever I find that is for me it is for you all too! So here goes ladies! Share your views on what you think about them! Found on the net

1. Clarify Hair.
    This ensures that there will be no gunky buildup to weigh your down.

2. Don't towel dry.
    After final rinse, simply squeeze excess water from hair with your hands then place plastic cap over hair. Its very important that the hair remains very wet for the silkiest sets.

3. Lighten Up!
    Meaning go easy on the leave in's. Nobody likes a dry crispy braidout, so many of us try to compensate by piling on the leave in's before braiding. But this can actually have an adverse effect. Too many products make the hair heavy, dull and stiff and can even cause more dryness. Your best defense against dryness is a good deep conditioner and no more than 2 maybe 3 leave in's in small amounts. I use a few squirts of a liquid leave in condtioner and a few pumps of a good moisturing wrap foam then I use a nickel sized amount of serum to seal it all in, that's it.

4. Detangle, detangle, detangle.
    Now I know the thought of combing wet hair strikes the fear of God in most of us. However, if you've used a good, slippy condtioner, keep the hair wet and be very gently you should have no problems. Part the hair into the sections that will be braided and detangle one at a time. Re-wet hair with spray bottle filled with water only if it starts to dry out which it probably will. Start from the bottom and work your way up first with widetooth comb then with small tooth comb. Please keep in mind that you will need some patience but it's well worth it. Make sure that you continue with the small tooth comb during the entire braiding process this is what creates the smoothness once the hair is dry. Very important.

5. DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT undo braids until the hair is completely
    and thouroughly dry.

I can not stress enough how important this is. If the hair is even a little damp it will be frizzy. Thouroughly drying the braids also locks and sets the style, making it last for days.

6. Don't add oils until hair is dry.
    This goes back to tip #3. If you add oils and moisturizers while the hair is wet how will you know if you're adding to much. We want light, fluffy braidouts that blow in the wind and swing back and forth with the slightest movement of the head. Not weighed down, juiced up, jheri curlesque helmet hair!

7. Invest in a good satin bonnet.
    My braidouts now last for atleast a week without rebraiding anything. I just add a little coconut oil and serum each night and sleep with satin bonnet on. Wake the next morning, fluff, style and go.

I'm hope if you follow these few simple steps you'll fall in love with braidouts all over again.
    Never argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Concotion Partner - Shiro

Newly Natural!

Making Africa and other nations of people of color smaller than they appear; diminishes their importance.
    Now, we've been getting history through a Eurocentric perspective. In order for us to live together, we have to have a fair and accurate account of our history

Blog Entries

Good info!! Im going to do this today!! I hope they stay. My hair is short in some places growing out of layers. I hope it works out. We will see when it's Sai's naptime. Ill tune in and let you know what happens.
    4 A/B

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev328bps__.png

Happier than I have ever been. Working on becoming the worlds best Nurse! And being the best mommy and wife I can be!

Blog Entries

Ok Im a Hair expert Now

Pretty in Pink

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CREODiiVA View Post
    Ok Im a Hair expert Now
    lol....
    Never argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Concotion Partner - Shiro

Newly Natural!

Making Africa and other nations of people of color smaller than they appear; diminishes their importance.
    Now, we've been getting history through a Eurocentric perspective. In order for us to live together, we have to have a fair and accurate account of our history

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leentora View Post
    lol....
    No really my mom is asking me for advice and her hair is way longer and healthier

Pretty in Pink

6. Default

Wow,thanks for the tips!I have never tried a braidout before, but I will definitely keep these tips in mind when I attempt to do one!

I've never done a braid out but since I'm getting kinky twist on Sunday I feel like experimenting now since I know it will be temporary anyway. I'm going to try this on Wednesday. Maybe a little trail and error will get me to stay away from the lye after the kinky twist come out.

Blog Entries

Okay, I wish I had seen this sooner! Last night I did a modified braid out--I dried my hair first and then braided--because I was afraid of how it would come out. It came out okay with some very soft waves, but I would like to have more definition.

It takes for-evh-uh for my hair to dry, so I'll try this on a weekend during the day so I'll have more time for it to dry by morning. Thanks so much!!!
    Hair Profile: Shoulder blade, Transitioning (last relaxed (4/10), 2B/3C
    Goal: Natural, healthy, BSL in '12
    Staples: CON organic shampoo, ORS hair mayonnaise; Aussie moisturizing conditioner; 10 leave-in conditioner; oil; Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter

"I'm too fly to be depressed." ~Ne-Yo

I'll be doing it this way today. Thanks Leentora!
    Yo amo El Senor! No hay otra que compara! ├ČViva La Rep├║blica Dominicana! Quisqueya

Fight them until hell freezes over, then fight them on the ice.
    The beatings will continue until your morale changes.

Thanks!!!

I plan on trying this soon!
    Tex-laxed
    Under Construction and coming out on TOP!!!!.....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast