$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Post How To Do a Protein treatment?

ok so i am goin to do my first protein treatment i wanted to know do i still wash my hair? and when should i do it? n do i dc afterwards? im sorry these questions may be very remedial but i am new very new to this so could any one please help me???

Blog Entries

Exactly which treatment have you bought? Some protein treatments are used as a DC like ORS Replenishing pack, you shampoo then DC with it. But if its a hardcore treatment you HAVE to follow with a moisturising DC. SO let us know which protein treatment you are using to we could help more.

What kind of protein treatment? If you're using something like eggs, mayo, etc you could do it before or after shampooing, I would suggest after to get the smell out though. If you're using ORS replenishing you shampoo & then put it in your hair & either leave it in for about an hour or use heat for about 15-20 minutes. If you're using something like aphogee 2 step you shampoo, apply the 2 step & then use heat on it & afterwards you DC to get some moisture back. With aphogee 2 minute I believe you use it the same way you'd use a DC. HTH
    Naturals unite! Help me get Leentora to ditch the crack in a jar!

V-DUB will see face when I say so!

Current length: SL
    Goal: BSL natural healthy curly hair by graduation
    Challenges: Fitness Part: 2
    Last relaxer: June 22 2009
    Day I became natural: May 14 2010
    Natural Buddies: Halibel & Me!
    Bring it on natural hair!

Quote Originally Posted by nuBUN princess23 View Post
    ok so i am goin to do my first protein treatment i wanted to know do i still wash my hair? and when should i do it? n do i dc afterwards? im sorry these questions may be very remedial but i am new very new to this so could any one please help me???
    To do an effective protein treatment, the hair should be completely clarified, meaning using a clarifying shampoo (i.e., Suave Daily Clarifying, Baking Soda, etc.), followed by the protein treatment. When the hair is product-free, the proteins can bond better to the hair shaft.

Here is a possible method of protein treating the hair:

Clarify
    Rinse
    Apply Protein Treatment and allow to penetrate for allotted amount of time
    Rinse, gently
    (Optional: Apply intensive, moisturizing conditioner or DC, if a hardcore protein treatment).

If you're using a reconstructor, you can simply use it like conditioner, just let it sit longer. HTH.
    3b/3c // M/C // ii

Regimen:
    Wash and condition weekly.
    Allow to air dry.
    Apply oils to hair and scalp.
    Gently brush through and wear a simple style.

Pointers:
    -I allow my hair to dry almost completely before styling, brushing or combing (aside from shower detangling).
    -I trim only when absolutely necessary.
    -I only wear like one or two oils. Products are too complicated sometimes.

Right now I have regular conditioner and 1 egg combined in my hair... that's my protein treatment. I do this weekly. I also use mayo and egg sometimes... I have seen my shedding reduced exponentially due to these treatments.

3C 4C 4B

Aphogee 2 Step every 6 weeks
    PROTECTIVE STYLING CHALLENGE
    Present Style: WEAVE and texlaxed for 5 minutes every 3-4 months.
    Current Length: APL (evened up ends)
    Goal: WL

facebook, Twitter and INSTAGRAM are the devil!

Blog Entries

I am goin to use aphogee two step conditioner...is that hardcore... or should i use a reconstructor like nexxus... i was thinking a product that has both protein and deep conditoning ingredients... im not sure what to use but i know i need one

I am goin to use aphogee two step conditioner...is that hardcore... or should i use a reconstructor like nexxus... i was thinking a product that has both protein and deep conditoning ingredients... im not sure what to use but i know i need one
    Things like protein treatments and reconstructors don't really have both protein and moisturizing properties to them. The exception to the rule, in a lot of people's opinions, would be the aphogee 2 minute and the Joico k-pak reconstructor. I follow up wiuth moisture after using them anyway, b/c their main job is to reinforce the hair with protein. For sure the Aphogee 2 step is a hard core treatment that has absolutley no moisturizing properties to it.
    Yo amo El Senor! No hay otra que compara! ├ČViva La Rep├║blica Dominicana! Quisqueya

Fight them until hell freezes over, then fight them on the ice.
    The beatings will continue until your morale changes.

Yes and therefore it JACKED UP MY HAIR... LOL! It broke it off even MORE after using it. I stuck with good old Mother Nature type proteins ever since. I also get protein from MegaTek. Which reminds me... I have to get some more.

Quote Originally Posted by evanny View Post
    Things like protein treatments and reconstructors don't really have both protein and moisturizing properties to them. The exception to the rule, in a lot of people's opinions, would be the aphogee 2 minute and the Joico k-pak reconstructor. I follow up wiuth moisture after using them anyway, b/c their main job is to reinforce the hair with protein. For sure the Aphogee 2 step is a hard core treatment that has absolutley no moisturizing properties to it.

3C 4C 4B

Aphogee 2 Step every 6 weeks
    PROTECTIVE STYLING CHALLENGE
    Present Style: WEAVE and texlaxed for 5 minutes every 3-4 months.
    Current Length: APL (evened up ends)
    Goal: WL

facebook, Twitter and INSTAGRAM are the devil!

Blog Entries

i also seen the info on using egg and evoo and some conditioner as a protein treatment? has any body tried this technique? what is the results?

If you do the 2 step treatment, you better have the conditioner that follows or a really good MOISTURIZING conditioner. Aphogee's 2 step treatment is pretty hard core and better for relaxed heads IMO. But It's cost efficient and I like it better than Nexxus, which is just overpriced and mediocre for me.
    In time I've come to wonder why; why can't I have my blueberry muffin batter ice cream?

Six Inch Challege FTW! Hair type- 4 whatever it is.

Try Jesus, and if you don't like him the devil will always take you back.
    Thanks, Ev!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast