$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Elucence MB sealed with coconut or sweet almond oil. Sometimes I seal with avocado butter.

My favorites are HE LTR leave in and HE none of your frizziness leave in. IDK what I'd do without them.
    Yo amo El Senor! No hay otra que compara! ìViva La República Dominicana! Quisqueya

Fight them until hell freezes over, then fight them on the ice.
    The beatings will continue until your morale changes.

Is it okay to just use oils? Instead of a grease or moisturizing lotion? Right now I have jojoba oil and I use that on my ends along with Optimum Anti Breakage hairdress. But I feel like I can just use the oil on its own. Are oils alone healthy enough for your hair?

Quote Originally Posted by foxytrini View Post
    Is it okay to just use oils? Instead of a grease or moisturizing lotion? Right now I have jojoba oil and I use that on my ends along with Optimum Anti Breakage hairdress. But I feel like I can just use the oil on its own. Are oils alone healthy enough for your hair?
    Here's something from another board that helped me better understand:

1) are some oils also moisturizers?

Technically, no. But sometimes when oil is added to a moisturizer the result is what we call "oil moisturizers"...not really technically possible - but it doesn't matter so much if u remember that oils coat and moisture penetrates. Only water can provide real moisture.

2) how can I tell the difference between oil and moisturizers?
    True "moisturizers" are water based, which means water is usually the first ingredient. That's the best way to tell.

3) should water be the first ingrediant of a good moisturizer?
    Yes.

4) what ingrediants do you think are important to look for an effective moisturizer?
    Water...and maybe some oil if you don't want to add the two separately and don't mind using oil in the hair. Oil, either mixed into a pre-prepared water based formula, or added after a water based formula is applied, can help to seal in moisture as well as provide some lubrication and elasticity to the hair shaft.
    Yo amo El Senor! No hay otra que compara! ìViva La República Dominicana! Quisqueya

Quote Originally Posted by evanny View Post
    Here's something from another board that helped me better understand:

1) are some oils also moisturizers?

Technically, no. But sometimes when oil is added to a moisturizer the result is what we call "oil moisturizers"...not really technically possible - but it doesn't matter so much if u remember that oils coat and moisture penetrates. Only water can provide real moisture.

2) how can I tell the difference between oil and moisturizers?
    True "moisturizers" are water based, which means water is usually the first ingredient. That's the best way to tell.

3) should water be the first ingrediant of a good moisturizer?
    Yes.

4) what ingrediants do you think are important to look for an effective moisturizer?
    Water...and maybe some oil if you don't want to add the two separately and don't mind using oil in the hair. Oil, either mixed into a pre-prepared water based formula, or added after a water based formula is applied, can help to seal in moisture as well as provide some lubrication and elasticity to the hair shaft.
    Evanny, this was exactly what I was looking for. I have been using oils after my co-washes and thought that was doing the trick. Now I will have to add a moisturizer to the mix and see how that helps. Thanks!
    "Everyday is another chance to draw closer to GOD, another chance for renewal"

Big Chop: March 09
    Last Trim: 2/2/10

You're welcome Mocha!

Luscious Locks Moisturizing Hair Mask from Karen's body beautiful

Purified Water, Jojoba & Coconut Oils, Vegetable Glycerin, Vegetable Wax, Shikakai, Amla, Yucca, Horsetail, Nettle & Melissa Extracts, Panthenol, Rosemary Essential Oil, Vitamin E and Natural Enzymes.

My favorite conditioner is Phytokerite, for extra dry hair.

Thank you Evanny!

I like African Pride Blends Carrot & Vitamin E crean Condish.
    It has a lot of good stuff but here are a few rosemary,panthenol,jojoba,shea butter,nettle,castor oil ect.............
    One of the best ever!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast