$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Regimes! Regimes! Regimes!

What are your regimes???????? Don't hide 'em! Let it alllll out!!!

Let's hear what you're doing to start off the new year!

My new year's regime is:
    Co-wash daily with Tresemme conditioners
    Wash and detangle every other day with Dr. Bronner's Shikakai Soap
    I use Motions Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner
    I use a little bit of Fantasia IC Gel or Beyond the Zone Noodlehead (depends on whether I wash and go or wear a ponytail)

Deep Condition with Cholesterol weekly
    ApHogee 2-Step every 2 months

I wear my hair in a ponytail or bun mostly...
    I use a Jilbere baby brush on my hair. I don't use Boar Bristles anymore.

Soooo.... what are you doing in 2009?
    3b/3c // M/C // ii

Regimen:
    Wash and condition weekly.
    Allow to air dry.
    Apply oils to hair and scalp.
    Gently brush through and wear a simple style.

Pointers:
    -I allow my hair to dry almost completely before styling, brushing or combing (aside from shower detangling).
    -I trim only when absolutely necessary.
    -I only wear like one or two oils. Products are too complicated sometimes.

Blog Entries

Default My Regime is....

As follows:

1. Wash once a week with Creme of Nature Kiwi & Citrus Ultra Moisturizing
    2. Shampoo or Scalp Stimulating Shampoo
    3. Condition my hair with Creme of Nature Chamomile or Comfrey Scalp Stimulating Conditioner
    4. Co-Wash 3 times a week with Aussie Sydney Smooth or Aussie Opposites Attract Protect & Soften Conditioner
    5. Leave-in is either Africa's Best Organics Olive Oil Leave-In Conditioner or Africa's Best Rinse-Out & Leave-In Deep Conditioner as needed!
    6. Deep Condition with ORS Replenishing Pack once a week
    7. Protein with Aphogee 2-step and follow that with the Balancing Moisturizer
    8. I’m only wearing protective styles including my weave

Oils that I will use are my normal, Gro-Aut oil, EVOO, Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil
    I will also continue to use the MT 2x a week maybe I will do it on the days I don't co-wash.

Hopefully sometime this month I will be able to try the Motions CPR line

I think that is it for now, unless I change it again
    I do want to make my own "special" oil...just to try something different out but I might wait until Feb.
    Last edited by Fitzy; 01-04-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Forgot my oils....duh!
    ~Fitzy The Phenomenon...Really trying to become active again
    SL; 3b/4a; relaxed; Last Relaxer 04.29.09
    ''It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. If you do your best, whatever happens will be for the best."

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    As follows:

1. Wash once a week with Crème of Nature Kiwi & Citrus Ultra Moisturizing
    2. Shampoo or Scalp Stimulating Shampoo
    3. Condition my hair with Crème of Nature Chamomile or Comfrey Scalp Stimulating Conditioner
    4. Co-Wash 3 times a week with Aussie Sydney Smooth or Aussie Opposites Attract Protect & Soften Conditioner
    5. Leave-in is either Africa's Best Organics Olive Oil Leave-In Conditioner or Africa's Best Rinse-Out & Leave-In Deep Conditioner as needed!
    6. Deep Condition with ORS Replenishing Pack once a week
    7. Protein with Aphogee 2-step and follow that with the Balancing Moisturizer
    8. I’m only wearing protective styles including my weave

Hopefully sometime this month I will be able to try the Motions CPR line

I think that is it for now, unless I change it again

I heard the CPR line was good. Aussie is great for co-washing
    3b/3c // M/C // ii

Regimen:
    Wash and condition weekly.
    Allow to air dry.
    Apply oils to hair and scalp.
    Gently brush through and wear a simple style.

Pointers:
    -I allow my hair to dry almost completely before styling, brushing or combing (aside from shower detangling).
    -I trim only when absolutely necessary.
    -I only wear like one or two oils. Products are too complicated sometimes.

Blog Entries

Bump!!!

I wanna see everyone elses too!!
    ~Fitzy The Phenomenon...Really trying to become active again
    SL; 3b/4a; relaxed; Last Relaxer 04.29.09
    ''It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. If you do your best, whatever happens will be for the best."

Let's see.

Stick to wearing protective styles. So bun for now and kinky twist once I get some moola.
    To always pre-poo with either vatika oil or EVOO.
    Shampoo with ORS Aloe Shampoo once every other week.
    Co-wash with Aussie moist once every other week, opposite of shampoo.
    Do a ACV rinse every 2-4weeks as needed.
    DC with ORS replenishing pak (I need to buy the bottle off of Amazon by feb)
    I need to find a better daily moisturizer besides my braid spray and to seal with EVOO once every other day.
    To "oil" my scalp with my mix of MT, MN, parachute coconut oil, and a little bit of vatika oil.
    To first stretch relaxer to 8-10 wks and had a week after that if I am unable to transition and still look professional.

Oh, I forgot I also plan to purchase the 2009 sedu flat iron for when I need to smooth out the look and wear it down for dates, interviews, holidays, and church.
    Also to purchase a dryer, either a stand alone, hard bonnet, or soft bonnet so I can DC with heat and not have to apply direct heat to finish drying my hair after I air dry.

Blog Entries

I kinda had a regime, but all these challenges have made it so I need to re-think what I'm doing. All I know for sure is that I co-wash 2x weekly, shampoo once weekly, clarify about once a month, protein every 6 or 7 weeks (try to line it up with the relaxer), seal nightly, protective styles daily, and I'm supposed to DC weekly, so I'll be fitting that in there as well. I'm experimenting with conditioners and shampoos presently as well as trying out different types of natural oils. I'm using Motions leave in as my nightly moisture and relaxer system. I'd like to try a different relaxer system, but I only find bits and pieces out here, not the whole shebang.

My biggest self-challenge is to stop over-manipulating my hair, and so far, I'm not doing too well.
    The most important thing for anyone to know is that people can love us just the way we are ~ Mr. Rogers

Last relaxer 01APRIL10

New Years Hair Resolution: Simplify for Simply Beautiful Hair

Cathy Howse 365 Day Hair Challenge

My name is TBC, and I am a Conditioner Crackhead

1. Wash once a week with ORS Shampoo
    2. Co-wash with Pantene Pro-V
    3. Deep Condition with Pantene Mask or African's Best Hair Mayo
    4. Leave In Cream of Nature Lemongrass & Rosemary or Infusium 23
    5. Rollerset every other week, and flat iron in between weeks( Suave Heat Protectant)

I'm going to buy some Aphogee products and continue with the same regime!

I can tell you all what I do but the products change a lot for the most part b/c I have hair that if you use the same thing over and over it won't work after a while.

I moisturize and seal daily

Saturdays- Wash, deep condition with heat for 10-15 minutes, moisturize and seal. I always only airdry. I NEVER use direct heat.

Tuesdays+Thursdays- I do the same thing that I do on Saturdays, but instead of washing my hair I co-wash.

I usually wear twist outs. I've started moisturizing and sealing my hair twice daily. I usually only do it before bed. I've been taking some hair, skin, and nail vitamins and some garlic liquigels. I take them tiwce daily. They work pretty good too. Oh and on Tuesdays I DC with a light protein conditioner. (LeKair or ORS replenishing pack) On my wash days, if I notice a good amount of shedding or some breakage I'll wash and condition with Aphogee products.
    Yo amo El Senor! No hay otra que compara! ìViva La República Dominicana! Quisqueya

Fight them until hell freezes over, then fight them on the ice.
    The beatings will continue until your morale changes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vermelha View Post
    I use a Jilbere baby brush on my hair. I don't use Boar Bristles anymore.
    Why is that? I've mentioned before that my hair has suffered some breakage, and in addition to suspecting my super-tight, no-heat drying pony tail and my old, raggedy satin pillow case, I'm thinking my boar bristles brush isn't as kind to my hair as I thought...
    Hair Profile: Shoulder blade, Transitioning (last relaxed (4/10), 2B/3C
    Goal: Natural, healthy, BSL in '12
    Staples: CON organic shampoo, ORS hair mayonnaise; Aussie moisturizing conditioner; 10 leave-in conditioner; oil; Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter

"I'm too fly to be depressed." ~Ne-Yo

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast