$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Red face Healthy Hair Recipes

Herbal Shampoo

* 4 oz of castile soap (plain, peppermint, eucalyptus)
    * ½ oz of rosemary
    * ½ oz of sage
    * ½ oz of nettles
    * ½ of lavender
    * 2000 mg of MSM
    * 8 oz plastic bottle (or any other empty shampoo or soap bottle)

Mix the herbs in a mason jar, which has a lid. Boil 2 cups of distilled water. Add 3 heaping tablespoons of the mixed herbs into the boiling water. Pull the boiling water and herbs off the stove. Let the herb mixture sit for 30 – 40 minutes. Put the 2000mg of MSM into the herb mixture after 30 minutes of cooling. After 40 minutes and the MSM is melted, strain the herbal mixture into a bowl.

Pour 2 to 2 1/2 oz of strained herbal tea into the 8 oz plastic bottle. Now, pour the 4 oz of castile soap into the 8 oz plastic bottle. Cap the bottle and shake to mix the ingredients.

The shampoo is now finished and ready for use. Use this as a base for all of the shampoos you make. You can add different herbs as you learn what these herbs do and how they help your hair. You can vary the ingredients according to your taste. But now you have a shampoo that has no additives that can harm you.

At-Home Moisturizing Spritz

* 3/4 cup water
    * 1/2 cup glycerin
    * 1/4 cup aloe vera juice
    * 1/4 cup rosewater
    * 1/4 cup coconut oil
    * 2 TBSP royal bee jelly
    * 2 TBSP emu oil
    * 2 TBSP sea kelp (optional)

The wonderful thing about homemade hair products is that you can change up the recipe! If you want less of something, you can do that! Go ahead and try this recipe!

Moe's Growth Oil
    (The Original)

* 1 glass jar
    * 6 oz jojoba oil or macadamia nut oil
    * 2 oz aloe vera juice/gel
    * 2 TBSP horsetail herbs
    * 1 plastic squirt bottle (like the one for hair dye)

Place oil and herbs in the jar. Afterward, place the jar in a pot of boiling water let the oil heat up. Remove the jar from the water and place the top on it . Let this mixture sit for three days so the herbs can infuse with the oil. After three days, strain the oil into squirt bottle and pour in the aloe vera. Shake well and VOILA!

Post your favorite!
    BSL by December 2008
    MBL by February 2009
    WSL by April 2009

The Coarse Hair Diary - Over 30 Hair Articles!
    http://coarsehair.ning.com- TCHD Network
    http://youtube.com/thecoarsehairdiary- TCHD @ YouTube

Oooh! I'll be trying some of these, thanks!
    Yo amo El Senor! No hay otra que compara! ìViva La República Dominicana! Quisqueya

Fight them until hell freezes over, then fight them on the ice.
    The beatings will continue until your morale changes.

Here's some that I found on the internet. They all involve castile soap:

Natural Shampoo Base Ingredients: 1/4 cup water 1/4 cup castile soap 1/2 teaspoon of (extra virgin) olive oil any flavor EO if you like Method: Mix together all ingredients and place into shampoo bottle.

Essential Oil Shampoo Ingredients: 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup fresh lavender 2 tablespoons of glycerin 1/2 cup Natural Shampoo Base Essential Oils: 5 drops of ANY Method: Mix water and lavender together into a heavy bottom pot and bring to a boil. Let boil gently for at least twenty minutes. Let cool slightly and add basic shampoo mixture and glycerin slowly to herbal mixture.Mix well. Pour shampoo into container and let stand for a few days to allow the mixture to thicken. Use as you would your regular shampoo.

Avocado-Jasmine ShampooIngredients: 1/2 cup Natural Shampoo Base 1/2 cup aloe vera gel Essential Oils: 3/4 teaspoon avocado oil 3/4 teaspoon jasmine essential oil Method:Mix together all ingredients. Place into a clean container preferably with a screw-on lid. Let mixture set for a few hours to allow to thicken and the scents to take hold. Work into hair as usual and allow to sit for several minutes. Rinse as usual and style.

Basic Shampoo for Normal Hair Ingredients 1/4 cup water 1/4 cup liquid Castile Soap 1/2 tsp light vegetable oil Instructions Mix all ingredients until well combined. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Massage through wet hair and into scalp. Rinse well.

Scalp-Soothing Shampoo Ingredients 3 bags chamomile tea 3 bags peppermint tea 1 cup water 2 Tbsp liquid Castile soap 1 tsp light vegetable oil. Instructions Bring water to a boil. Steep all six tea bags for 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Remove tea bags and add liquid soap and vegetable oil to brewed tea and stir until well blended. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Massage generously into hair and scalp. Rinse well.

Moisturizing Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair Ingredients 1/4 cup liquid Castile Soap 1/4 cup aloe vera gel 1 tsp glycerin 1/4 tsp light vegetable oil Instructions Mix all ingredients until well combined. Store in an airtight container at room temperature, and shake before every use. Apply liberally to wet hair and let sit a few minutes before rinsing well with cool water.

Lightening Shampoo for Natural Highlights Ingredients 1/4 cup liquid Castile Soap 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice 1/4 cup water 1 tsp lemon zest Instructions Mix all ingredients in saucepan over medium heat 1-2 minutes until heated through but not boiling. Cool to room temperature and strain out lemon zest. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Shampoo hair as usual, rinse well.

Herbal Shampoo for Dandruff Relief Ingredients 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary 2 Tbsp fresh thyme 2 Tbsp coconut flakes 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar 1 cup water 2 Tbsp of liquid Castile soap 1 tsp light vegetable oil. Instructions Bring water to a boil. Steep herbs and coconut flakes in boiling water for 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature and strain solids from water. Add other ingredients and mix until well combined. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Apply amply to wet hair and massage into scalp before rinsing well with cool water.
    Yo amo El Senor! No hay otra que compara! ìViva La República Dominicana! Quisqueya

Fight them until hell freezes over, then fight them on the ice.
    The beatings will continue until your morale changes.

Blog Entries

I read that rosemary and lavender are essential oils...yay for this post!

5. Default

Any recipes for hair oil

Quote Originally Posted by bellecheveux View Post
    Herbal Shampoo

* 4 oz of castile soap (plain, peppermint, eucalyptus)
    * ½ oz of rosemary
    * ½ oz of sage
    * ½ oz of nettles
    * ½ of lavender
    * 2000 mg of MSM
    * 8 oz plastic bottle (or any other empty shampoo or soap bottle)
    This is similar to the ingredients that I use in my black soap shampoo. Except, I did not put any MSM in it. I guess that I will do that when I get home.

I used rosemary, sage herbs. Lavendar, peppermint, and tea tree Eos.

In the recipe that I use, I put the herbs in the shampoo bottle and let it steep while the grated black soap dissolves. I then strain it out before I use the shampoo.

Shall I say that I’m supposed to strain it out. I tried it without straining on Sunday.

I think after a week of steeping and some straining, it will be very nice.

Yeah, this is my 100th post!!!
    Last edited by choxie; 06-09-2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: 100th post shout out!!!!
    4b natural almost BSL hair
    Hair Album - pw=choxie

im going to try these....hope it works! thanks

I know that egg yolks can ba used instead of shampoo!

Mix three components of water to one component of vinegar; soak or spray your hair in this solution to remove any shampoo build-up. Wash as regular and you will find hair that is simple to control and style.

wow, thanks for these tips..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast