$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
    Blog Entries

Default Hair 101 - How Conditioners Work

Here you go again another findings to Hair 101 - How Salon Shampoos Work, this time it is on Conditioners! Have Fun!

How Conditioners Work
    Molecules of most conditioning agents carry small positive electrical charges. As we have seen, hair strands carry negative charges. The negative charges attract the positively charged molecules and these deposit on the hair. This is how static electricity is reduced. Conditioners also help raised cuticle scales to lie flat against the hair surface. The smoothness of the conditioned hairs also means detangling, and a more compact cuticle means sheen and lustre.
    Never argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Concotion Partner - Shiro

Newly Natural!

Making Africa and other nations of people of color smaller than they appear; diminishes their importance.
    Now, we've been getting history through a Eurocentric perspective. In order for us to live together, we have to have a fair and accurate account of our history

Blog Entries

Thanks for the info!
    GODIVA (ID=4ANLBSL-N)

Don't sit around waiting for your dreams to come true....go after them with all your heart

Blog Entries

Hey girl, great find! thanks for sharing.Relaxers give the hair a negative charge as well.
    *Updated Jan 21st '09* --> MY Fotki http://public.fotki.com/sunshyn3
    My Blog --> http://hairlicious.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Good info! The tangling is a reason why I never rinse conditioner out of my hair until it's squeaky clean, just until it feels soft, but not slippery or tacky. I want there to be a little bit of emoillient on my hair so my comb slides through my hair easily.

This raises a question for me. When cleaning our hair tools how to we prevent creating a static charge? Should we soak our combs and brushes in diluted conditioner before air drying? I notice that almost everytime I clean my combs and brushes they make my hair static-y. Does anyone think this would help prevent that?
    The most important thing for anyone to know is that people can love us just the way we are ~ Mr. Rogers

Last relaxer 01APRIL10

New Years Hair Resolution: Simplify for Simply Beautiful Hair

Cathy Howse 365 Day Hair Challenge

My name is TBC, and I am a Conditioner Crackhead