$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default A Guide to Safely Self Relaxing Your Hair!

1. Do protein treatment a week before
    2. Don't irritate scalp
    3. Apply castor oil on new growth and leave in and oil on the lengths
    4. Base scalp prior to relaxing
    5. Apply relaxer ONLY! to New Growth!

6. Smooth (Ok this is where the confusion starts)
    As some don’t especially those that texalxed, those who want bones straight tend to smooth it!

7. Apply Protein conditioner/treatment rinse!
    (NOT a hardcore! Light) Some ppl can get away with the hardcore protein treatment and not experience any reversion others can not, so for who are not sure use a light protein treatment i.e. Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor, Affirm 5in1 Reconstructor, possible ORS Replenishing Pak/Conditioner.

8. Apply Neutralizing Shampoo x2!
    8. Proceed with Moisturizing Shampoo (optional)
    9. Apply Moisturizing Conditioner (DC steam)
    10. Proceed with styling.

Any other ideas please add!
    Never argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Concotion Partner - Shiro

Newly Natural!

Making Africa and other nations of people of color smaller than they appear; diminishes their importance.
    Now, we've been getting history through a Eurocentric perspective. In order for us to live together, we have to have a fair and accurate account of our history

Blog Entries

When I self relaxed I found it helpful to pre part my hair and secure it with clips so I wouldn't have to fumble around and waste time. The one thing I'm changing for this next go round is to make sure that the shower head is set to the strongest jet available to get rid of all the cream. i rinsed forever on "gentle mist" before remembering that the shower had other settings The other thing I'll do is ensure that I'm generous with the cream to ensure I don't miss any spots. I've got two or three spots on my head that were completely missed and I still don't know how that happened.

I found it! Yay! I wish I read this yesterday so I could have tried it out today. Oh well. Looks like I'll have to wait 9-10 weeks and find out. ***Sidenote*** I'm trying to stretch 10 weeks, but i fear I might break down during either week 8 or 9. *** I will have to remember to look for this post.
    Yo amo El Senor! No hay otra que compara! ìViva La República Dominicana! Quisqueya

Fight them until hell freezes over, then fight them on the ice.
    The beatings will continue until your morale changes.

Perhaps this should be a sticky in the Relaxer sub forum. It makes sense.
    In time I've come to wonder why; why can't I have my blueberry muffin batter ice cream?

Six Inch Challege FTW! Hair type- 4 whatever it is.

Try Jesus, and if you don't like him the devil will always take you back.
    Thanks, Ev!

Blog Entries

I will need this when I relax in December. Thanks leentora!
    ~Fitzy The Phenomenon...Really trying to become active again
    SL; 3b/4a; relaxed; Last Relaxer 04.29.09
    ''It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. If you do your best, whatever happens will be for the best."

6. Default

I didnt understand number 4 in the guide, and i have a lot to sya but im trying to get to 10 signatures so ill space them out..youll be seeing a lot of me. =).

7. Default

As for number 8, i heard just leaveing the neutraloizer in for 1-3 minutes and then washing off does not completely neutralize the alkilines in the hair...I heard that it must be left in for at least 15 minutes, also, double applying the neutralizer is a waste if you have right the 1st time, right?...any comments (to the 15 minute thing)?

8. Default

Did you get guide from ideas of Macherie Amour (4give improper spelling) and natasha/natalie (i may have the name wrong altogether cuz all i know is that her name starts with an "N"), a girl form associated content? It sounds familiar....

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tall, Black Canadian View Post
    When I self relaxed I found it helpful to pre part my hair and secure it with clips so I wouldn't have to fumble around and waste time. The one thing I'm changing for this next go round is to make sure that the shower head is set to the strongest jet available to get rid of all the cream. i rinsed forever on "gentle mist" before remembering that the shower had other settings The other thing I'll do is ensure that I'm generous with the cream to ensure I don't miss any spots. I've got two or three spots on my head that were completely missed and I still don't know how that happened.
    Do you know how to apply within ten minutes? Do you have any general tips on how to apply faster and more evenly? or just tips to apply, lol!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SallySallySally0147 View Post
    As for number 8, i heard just leaveing the neutraloizer in for 1-3 minutes and then washing off does not completely neutralize the alkilines in the hair...I heard that it must be left in for at least 15 minutes, also, double applying the neutralizer is a waste if you have right the 1st time, right?...any comments (to the 15 minute thing)?
    If leaving it on for 15mmins works for you, then kool, but this is what works for ME and so I apply a small amount twice, I use Kercare/Affirm products and I seent heor videos on relaxing and even them advice to wash twice with the neutralizer so to each their own.

I have very thick coarse hair so for me I ensure that I lather up twice not with a lot but enough to clear the relaxer from the hair and scalp and the color code of the sud is a clue if relaxer is still in the hair.

Hope this answer your question!
    Never argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Concotion Partner - Shiro

Newly Natural!

Making Africa and other nations of people of color smaller than they appear; diminishes their importance.
    Now, we've been getting history through a Eurocentric perspective. In order for us to live together, we have to have a fair and accurate account of our history

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast