$vboptions[bbtitle]
Not Yet a Member?
You are missing a lot of fun
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Default Ayurvedic Hair Care

I have incorporated shikakai and amla powders in my hair care regimen, they are great! Here is a snippet about some of the powders from a post on my blog.

Shikakai Spotlight

Shikakai a.k.a The Fruit for the Hair is actually a nut and the powder comes from de-shelled shikakai nuts

Promotes hair growth

Strengthens hair roots

Shikakai powder has a 2 year shelf like and most boxes will have the manufactor date stamped on it (it is NOT an expiration date in most cases)

Amla Spotlight

Amla a.k.a. Indian Gooseberry comes from a tree that is worshipped as Mother Nature

Amla is a very conditioning herb

Amla is also thought to penetrate the scalp to strengthen the root of your hair ... think super strong new growth

Aritha Spotlight

Aritha a.k.a. Soapnut because it comes from the fruit of the soapnut tree

The fruit contains a high level of saponins (act as natural foaming agents)

Considered a mild cleanser

Keep out of your eyes!

Info adapted from the website from nature with love. You can find more info on many more Ayurvedic herbs

Beauty Blvd.! My brand new blog stop by and show some love!

My Regimen

Default very interesting

How long have you done this??

I started out with the shikakai shampoo bar about 2 months ago because I was skeptical and nervous about trying the powders. I loved the shampoo bar so I tried the powders. Its been about 2 months. I love the powders, I'm sticking to it. It really makes my hair feel healthy and strong.

My Regimen

Blog Entries

Yes its a good movement. I mean a lot of Indian people (or people that originate from India) have beautiful hair!
    I've tried mixing my own hair oil, only because i couldn't find Vatika oil. So i have mixed Jasmin, coconut, almond, brahmi, and amla oil togther. Im going to add Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) to my next mix.

I also add peppermint to my mix because I dont like the smell of them Brahmi and amla oils. We'll see how it goes!

Default wow

I am learning a lot from yall...keep it coming! I am going to look into this.

Cool...I'm sure you will love it. The rinse takes a little to get used to, just because of the mixing. But once you get it down its great...you immediately feel the difference. I would suggest starting with a shikakai shampoo bar

My Regimen

Great post, Anti. ^^
    I'm looking into this, too... I'm considering using ayurvedic techniques in my hair over the summer.
    Currently on a honey bandwagon.

Has anyone tried it out yet? I just got some large tea bags to use for my powders to make everything easier...once I try it I'll let you know how it goes.

My Regimen

yes, cuz I gotta do something. My breakage has become a little more visible. On the right side today, I saw some little strands sticking out. It probably was more noticeable due to the fact that i was wearing it strat today. I am so disaapointed and I just hate the way that little piece looks!

Baby that area. Always keep it moisturized, if the damage was caused by dryness. Good luck! The shikakai amla works well...just remember the amla because shikakai alone is very very drying.

My Regimen

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast