View Full Version : Methi (fenugreek) Powder

leentora
12-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Apply paste of Methi Powder over the scalp regularly before taking bath. This will help the rich growth of hair, while preserving its natural color and keeping it silky. Regular application of Methi paste on the face every night followed by washing with warm water will help premature appearance of wrinkles. Use of Methi paste improves the complexion while making one look younger.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_boMFL3koNd4/TEiCYfO9wQI/AAAAAAAAA4s/HSQ0wOeYTcg/s1600/220px-Fenugreek-methi-seeds.jpg

Methi Powder helps to maintain hairs natural colour and keeping it silky. Methi paste improves the complexion while making one look younger and brighter. This will help promote rich hair growth while preserving its natural color and keeping it soft and silky. Regular use of Methi paste on the face will prevent premature appearance of wrinkles. Will also improve the complexion making you look younger. Apply paste of Methi Powder over the scalp regularly . This will help the rich growth of hair, while preserving its natural color and keeping it silky. Regular use of Methi on the face every night followed by washing with warm water will help premature appearance of wrinkles. Use of Methi paste improves the complexion and makes you look younger. Methi Powder may be mixed with other ingredients for even better results like olive oil.

Using Fenugreek As a Hair Conditioner: How to Make Methi Seed Paste for Natural Hair Care (http://www.suite101.com/content/using-fenugreek-as-a-hair-conditioner-a193570)

godiva
12-31-2010, 05:40 PM
I plan to add methi/fenugreek to my stash. Have you used it yet? Do you think I can steep the leaves and use the tea to mix with my other powders and get the same effect as using the powder? TIA!

leentora
12-31-2010, 05:46 PM
I am still reading up on it over here and I read something earlier where some did use the tea, let me look in my history to see if I can find it.. I am sure you can or use it as a rinse. I am planning to use the paste though, you know I am a sucka for powders :D.

leentora
01-22-2011, 02:29 AM
I will be using this powder on my next wash, what I have read is that it promote rich hair growth. Also it can be mix with water and soak overnight, it can also mixed & soap in yoghurt or coconut milk.

I will try with water first and see how I like it.
It is part of my ayurvedic treatment.

LilMissRed
01-22-2011, 06:45 AM
I wonder if i can do anything w/the fenugreek capsules I had when I breastfed, any idea???

leentora
01-22-2011, 01:36 PM
@Red, try opening up the capsules and see what you can accumulate and maybe that way you can mix up a batch for your hair. Or may take them and see if you notice any change in your hair...., HTH

Halibel
01-22-2011, 04:08 PM
You powder ladies. :)

LilMissRed
01-22-2011, 04:16 PM
@Red, try opening up the capsules and see what you can accumulate and maybe that way you can mix up a batch for your hair. Or may take them and see if you notice any change in your hair...., HTH

now see when I took them.. it was to increase my 'milk flow'.... Im scared! :eek: I dont want to start making milk LOL Im curious what it'll do to my body if I take it otherwise.. yanno????? But the capsules are really jusy going to waste otherwise :o just sitting in the closet

hmmmm.. Im going to see what I can get from opening them up and adding them to something like a conditioner or something *shrugs*

leentora
01-22-2011, 04:26 PM
now see when I took them.. it was to increase my 'milk flow'.... Im scared! :eek: I dont want to start making milk LOL Im curious what it'll do to my body if I take it otherwise.. yanno????? But the capsules are really jusy going to waste otherwise :o just sitting in the closet

hmmmm.. Im going to see what I can get from opening them up and adding them to something like a conditioner or something *shrugs*

LMAO@ bold, I don't think it will induce milk, as I think baby has to be stimulating the breast also for milk production, see what I saying?

I am going to research for you also on taking internally, as I did come across it being taken internally. It has good health benefits from what I remember. It is used in Indian curry dishes also, so it used by Indians often.

Yea but yea see if you can open the capsules up and get as much powder out and experiment with it....., be aware that methi does have a strong smell, well to me it does. It reminds me of onions :o
Let me know how it goes, I will post my whole thing of using it in the 2011 ayurvedic challenge ;), when I use it this week.

leentora
01-22-2011, 04:27 PM
You powder ladies. :)

I am soooooo addicted to the Indian hair regime it is nto even funny, you notice how their hair long and lush? They use a lot of oils, powders and herbs. Gotta get on their hair grind :p