View Full Version : Can you use ambi while pregnant?

HairObsessed
12-29-2010, 07:52 AM
AMBI SKINCARE | AMBIŽ Flawless Skin (http://www.ambiflawlessskin.com/) http://wrinklecreamsreviewed.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ambi.bmp

My skin has turned into a LAND MINE since pregnancy. I broke out like a 13 year old on the right side of my face and used JBCO to clear it and am now working on the scar situation. Does anyone know if AMBI is safe to use while preggers? I get difference in opinions on the web but I still don't know! :scared:

dani-in-progress
12-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Hair Obsessed... I would start by reading the label. I have quite a few things in my arsenal that specifically give warnings to pregnant women in their labeling. AMBI used to go pretty heavy on the hydroquinone, which has been outlawed in Europe and is a carcinogen. Read the ingredient list to see if they still use it in their formulations. In the end it's really about what the mommy to be is comfortable with.

It may cost you a pretty penny compared to AMBI, but I would take a look at Dermalogica's Dermal Clay cleanser or FRESH Umbrian Clay Treatment bar to wash. Try to find a moisturizer with salicylic acid (start with a drug store brand) and wear sunscreen to guard against the dark marks that breakouts can leave.

denalove
12-29-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm saying no...Ambi is strong and has some serious active ingredients as with any fade creams.I stuck with Coco butter and shea butter. They were awesome for me.
Also lemon juice (pure) works like a charm for some skin issues.

dani-in-progress
12-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Lemon juice DOES work... I used to mix it with a little sugar and use it as a scrub for my knees, elbows and feet. (sugar has a glycolic effect)

leentora
12-30-2010, 07:51 PM
AMBI SKINCARE | AMBIŽ Flawless Skin (http://www.ambiflawlessskin.com/) http://wrinklecreamsreviewed.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ambi.bmp

My skin has turned into a LAND MINE since pregnancy. I broke out like a 13 year old on the right side of my face and used JBCO to clear it and am now working on the scar situation. Does anyone know if AMBI is safe to use while preggers? I get difference in opinions on the web but I still don't know! :scared:

HO I would not use anything on your skin to be honest, I broke out very badly (like a raisin bun) when I was pregnant. I had scars and my mom warned me not use a thing. I was moaning about the scars and she said they are not scars, they are hormones.

HO she was not lying, within about 2-3months the most after I gave birth, my skin cleared up no scars. I should have a pic of my pregnancy face somewhere it was horrid. Even my hubby was worried that my face was messed up. He was shock to see them go after birth......., Just keep your face clean and believe me girl it will ALL go after you give birth. HTH

HairObsessed
12-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Omg thank you for posting this because I am so stressed out about this!

Eelite
01-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Don't Ambi, because it can penetrate the placenta. Use freshly squeezed lemon juice or cocoa butter.

moontide
04-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Don't use Ambi at all! Hydroquinone has been banned in France.

autoprt
03-06-2013, 07:02 AM
wow i've used ambi for a year and didn't know about the carcinogens, thanks for the info.

Clear Essence
08-14-2013, 03:10 PM
No, no no no! Look for products geared for sensitive skin that are not exposing you to harsh fillers and additives. These can harm your baby. Rising levels of estrogen and progesterone can lead to adult acne during the first trimester and during baby's first year as hormones regulate back to "normal". It is ideal to ask your physician about what to use for acne, but most experts agree that salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide are safe for daily use.

Try Clear Essence Blemish Control Wash Formula containing salicylic acid and meant to dry up oil and sebum secretions in order to prevent new acne from forming.

You may find that your skin becomes incredibly sensitive during pregnancy. Even products that you have used for years may begin seem too harsh. Clear Essence's Vitamin C Series contains all natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals while improving your skin tone and brightness. Main ingredients include Licorice Extract, Vitamins A, C, and E, Lemon Extract, Shea Butter, Ginseng and Aloe. All natural and no harsh chemicals to protect you and your baby!

rohanjain
06-03-2014, 01:03 AM
I am also saying 'NO' because in pregnancy skin become more sensitive. Any products has not only Ambi harmful ingredients or chemicals that may be gives bad effect. You have other options like butter, lemon juice, coconut..