View Full Version : Why does my scalp itch???

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
11-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Well lately my hair has been itchy. I notice that when i'm hot my hair begins to itch. I thought maybe my scalp was dry, so i put oil on it, but then the next day it itched again. I then bought this anti-itch grease and it helped out but after a couple of days my hair would itch. I think maybe i need to apply it daily probably because my scalp eats it up quickly. Oh and also a day after i wash my hair, it itches. So i THINK i need to keep my scalp moisturized daily...am i right BHP? Help a sista out please!!

HairCare11
11-26-2010, 07:42 PM
i have this same problem :(

jusstoya
11-28-2010, 12:33 PM
hmmm whens the last time you clarified? You could have a lot of product build up. When Im stretching my scalp itches alot and a dc helps too.

denalove
11-28-2010, 12:40 PM
T-Tree Oil is a good reliever of dry scalp and antiitches...also try a good shampoo with this ingredient it it.
I've bought it in it's pure form and used it.

Dandruff - Add Tea Tree to your shampoo for dandruff, dry or oily scalp, and itchy scalp. Use 10 drops to an 8 ounce bottle.
Tea Tree Oil Uses - The Herbs Place (http://www.theherbsplace.com/Tea_Tree_Oil_Uses_sp_153.html)

ysm
11-28-2010, 01:52 PM
It could be the oils you are using. Some ppl react differently to oils. Mix a few drops of rosemary oil in your shampoo/conditioner and massage your scalp. Make sure you wash/rinse well after several minutes.
Could be you are not rinsing your hair well enough too.

zeeken123
12-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Probably dandruff

Dividir
12-05-2010, 09:43 PM
If your scalp is itch because its dry, I say put a non scented lotion (I mean body lotion) on it, that isn't too thick, and wont leave white bits in your hair, then apply oil to it.

We forget to think of our scalps as skin. moisturise with lotion, then seal with oil

lavene53
12-09-2010, 08:48 AM
My scalp was itching like crazy and had been even 1 day after I had washed it for the last three weeks. I've been trying to grease my scalp and use lavender oil. The grease had no effect and the lavender worked less and less.

I read this post and tried a good clarifying shampoo just yesturday and I've got instant relief. No itching yet and my hair is so much softer after doing my usual DC.

I must have had ultimate build up...no wonder the grease and lavender stopped working.

Try it.

Bodybutter
12-09-2010, 08:01 PM
I know it may be a myth but my scalp starts to tingle-not itch but a rather annoying:o3 tingle when I have a growth spurt.

shaginlor25
12-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Your hair could be growing..when i have new growth my scalp itches...just a thought!

casandraypb
12-27-2010, 05:14 AM
sometimes it can be fungus. If you use tea tree oil it should fix it even if it is not fungus. My mom wear wigs and she would wash her hair and throw her wig on when she is in a rush plus she sweat a lot. Her scalp was itching so bad one day to relieve it i put monitat on her scalp and massaged it in, She was so happy. I then washed it and put a little tea tree oil on it, I mix my tea tree oil with olive oil.

shasonique912
12-27-2010, 08:08 AM
I would like to thank you for that post. My scalp has been itching me as well in one spot. Its funny how I just logged in and ran across this thread.

melodina
01-23-2011, 05:41 AM
I agree with Shag, atleast whenever my scalp itches alot a few days later i feel new growth.

lavene53
01-25-2011, 04:53 PM
I started using a clarifying shampoo just on the roots and its worked a treat. Thank you. x