View Full Version : Same Day Relaxer AND Color??

Mrs.Harrington
08-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Profectiv's Relax & Refresh™

This is what it claims to do:

Experience exceptionally straight, Mega-Conditioned hair with vibrant color highlights ~ while you neutralize ....

Profectiv's Relax & Refresh™ is a revolutionary one of a kind Therapeutic No-Lye Relaxer and Color Restorative System ~ featuring 2n1 Neutra Color™, the first Neutralizing Shampoo Color Mousse.

Never before has the convenience of a neutralizing shampoo and color highlights been combined in one easy to use mousse.

Experience conditioning neutralization with expressive rich color!
PROFECTIV :: FIND YOUR SOLUTION (http://www.strengthofnature.com/relaxandrefresh.asp)

What are your thoughts?

angel_hair
08-18-2010, 11:52 AM
You know I have never used anything for their line.....

Mrs.Harrington
08-18-2010, 01:55 PM
You know I have never used anything for their line.....

Me neither, I've never heard of this until I visited NY. It just doesn't sound healthy to me :confused:

jusstoya
08-18-2010, 01:58 PM
What initial thoughts were..bald, and scared. lol I'm also wondering if the dye makes the relaxer less effective. I wouldn't use it! lol

LilMissRed
08-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Sounds scary :scared:

evanny
08-18-2010, 07:52 PM
What initial thoughts were..bald, and scared. lol I'm also wondering if the dye makes the relaxer less effective. I wouldn't use it! lol

Mine too! I won't be trying that at all. #1 b/c I don't want to color my hair, and #2 color and relaxers don't mix.

Mrs.Harrington
08-18-2010, 09:18 PM
I like color but I def. would NOT color and relax on the same day, even if its packaged together!
Has anyone tried this?

ursayollia
08-19-2010, 12:00 AM
I made that mistake about 23 years ago, I got a perm and Minaj-colored streaks in my hair. Oh, the stupidity of youth...........luckily, I inherited my father's strong and thick hair. Didn't suffer too much breakage.

OT: Hair dyeing and perms don't mix, too good to be true!

breakandblossom
08-19-2010, 09:29 AM
My mum tried to relax & colour at the same time with disasterous results..I wouldn't even show this to her. I would play it safe and leave a gap between them. I don't care if they're packaged together. It's still a ascary concept.

Dividir
08-20-2010, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't try it!

Halibel
08-21-2010, 03:59 AM
sounds like a recipe for disaster, IMO. =/

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
08-21-2010, 07:41 AM
I wouldn't do it if I were you. You have APL hair and I think if you would use it, your hair would be...BL as in BALD Length.

Mrs.Harrington
08-21-2010, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't do it if I were you. You have APL hair and I think if you would use it, your hair would be...BL as in BALD Length.

No maam! I love my hair too much. I am on a growth mission! And color recovery might I add.
I use to color my hair a few weeks after just about every relaxer :eek:,
then I cut down to just brown on top and black on bottom,
then it was only highlights, then highlights in front every year.
Now I use clip ins on front if I want to add a little color and I really like it.
But when I used to fry my hair I NEVER colored and relaxed on the same day EVER :no way:.
IMO That is def. a recipe for disaster.
I just want to know if anyone has even seen or heard about this product and even if I hear good reviews,
I don't think I'll use it b/c they don't have the color I want anyways ;)

evanny
08-21-2010, 09:25 AM
ROFL @ BL- bald length!! :D

Jackieleigh
09-02-2010, 04:13 PM
I know this is a little old, but My mom recently used this and her hair didn't burn it all off BUT it most definitely dried her hair out! She said it was because she didn't oil it but I think its because of the chemicals. Its too much on our hair in one day.

NapturallyTay
09-02-2010, 04:19 PM
I know this is a little old, but My mom recently used this and her hair didn't burn it all off BUT it most definitely dried her hair out! She said it was because she didn't oil it but I think its because of the chemicals. Its too much on our hair in one day.

wow..i definitely would use it!!!

RitaR
10-02-2010, 02:23 PM
I relax my hair every 6-8 weeks and I do it on my own-I use affirm and I color with Clairol-covering the grey--I normally get positive responses and have no issue with my hair-so if you are careful it can be done with great results...

mzrhonda
01-09-2011, 03:22 PM
I relax my hair every 6-8 weeks and I do it on my own-I use affirm and I color with Clairol-covering the grey--I normally get positive responses and have no issue with my hair-so if you are careful it can be done with great results...

I generally relax and color the same day with a semi permanent and have had no problems. Clairol Beautiful Collections.

saraesa
01-09-2011, 05:35 PM
I like color but I def. would NOT color and relax on the same day, even if its packaged together!
Has anyone tried this?

wow..i definitely would use it!!!

I used it once and it messed my hair up :mad:. It took several dcs to make my hair feel like hair again. I almost cut all my hair off :eek:. My hair was sticky, dried out and waxy feeling prior to using the product it was healthy. So although it seems like it won't make your hair fall out it still has a very drying affecting that is not worth it esp sine the color washed out very quickly like by the second or third wash most of it was gone.

NappyNSilky
03-04-2011, 04:21 AM
Now I have always used a semi and relaxer on the same day and it works just fine for me. I use the Dazzling brand right now. But when I was in cosmo school about 10 years ago, we were told that the best time to do a color (semi) was the same day as your relaxer because with your cuticles being open after the chemical process, the color takes to your hair faster and it lasts longer. Is that wrong??:scared:

classyjess
11-14-2011, 11:15 AM
I've done this with profectiv. The only thing I did not like was the fact it did dry my hair out a little. Wasn't too bad. BUT I don't think I'll use that line of relaxers again.

mrzmallory
12-17-2011, 10:03 AM
I have used a semi permanent rinse right after relaxing followed by a DC and never had any issues.

tolly
02-15-2012, 03:14 AM
I just used this for a virgin relaxer and had no problem. The cream relaxer and activator are mixed and applied first, the semi permanent color is already premixed with neutralizing shampoo, it didn't do my hair any harm. However I used their shampoo+color only in one wash not three as they recommended, I used another neutralizing shampoo to continue [ I didn't really like their because it comes out of can as a mousse, I didn't feel it sud at all so felt I needed something that gave me assurance of a good wash]
next time, I'll just skip the color+ shampoo.
the activator in the kit is a cream, unlike other kits I have used which use liquid activators, and it doesn't smell as bad as other kits. I liked it, and will continue to use it

NaTuRaLe_BeAuTe`
04-25-2012, 01:50 PM
I always though that was a no no

PurplePeony
04-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Tthat sounds like trouble to me but I used to witness it being done in salons all the time.

Missey
04-25-2012, 02:40 PM
I haven't colored in years because the last one I did my hair was brittle and popping. I would be really scarred to try this after that horrible experience.

NaTuRaLe_BeAuTe`
04-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Im sure the hair only did that because of the perm

schdaysha1988
08-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Im guilty of this one :o I have actually tried the Profectiv Relax and Hair dye all in one. It was good for me my hair was staright and felt good actually. It wasnt dried out or anything afterwards. But that was before my hair journey when I didnt know nothing about hair

sunshinegirl502
02-23-2013, 09:23 AM
I used and still sometime use Profectiv hair products and loved it. I use to perm with it while stationed in Afghanistan and it did wonderful. I never used the color one because my hair was already colored. If I had no color in it, I probably would have tried it.