View Full Version : Is jam bad for your hair?

Naemamaz
08-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Is hair gel, such as Jam bad for your hair?

If so, what are some other options that you can put on your hair to slick back your edges? Perhaps some that wont dry your hair out either.

denalove
08-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Aloe Vera gel is the best alternative and natural!

Jam contains drying alcohol and is not really good for your hair.

evanny
08-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Aloe Vera gel is a good alternative to Jam. Another good one is Eco styler gel. Holds all day, contains no drying alcohols, and even has one that has olive oil in it.

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
08-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Jam does smell good, but the ingredients contain alcohol like someone just said. My friend used that product for awhile and had long hair and once she started using that, her hair went to ear length and she has now grown it to neck length. Olive Oil's Smooth N' Hold Puddimg works very good. It holds and slicks the hair and edges back but is soft at the sa e time. Or you can use the ORS Edge Control that works GREAT as well, but I would use the pudding to slick ALL of the hair back with a strong soft hold instead of using the edge control only for the edges.

denalove
08-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Aloe Vera gel is a good alternative to Jam. Another good one is Eco styler gel. Holds all day, contains no drying alcohols, and even has one that has olive oil in it.

I am loving this stuff...it holds my dd's hair down all day...and it's soft and non flaking and drying!
It is such good stuff, I have the green one with the Aloe!!

evanny
08-19-2010, 09:10 PM
There's an aloe one?! I must try it! I saw these HUGE tubs of it in a BSS for only $7!! :eek: They were like gallon sizes.

I want to try out a pomade. I don't want one with yuck ingredients though.

denalove
08-19-2010, 09:25 PM
There's an aloe one?! I must try it! I saw these HUGE tubs of it in a BSS for only $7!! :eek: They were like gallon sizes.

I want to try out a pomade. I don't want one with yuck ingredients though.

oops, i must be pretty sleepy, it's been a long day, I meant to type olive oil..:obut that stuff is awesome!!

HairObsessed
08-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Ummm it took off my nail polish sooooo what's it dewin to my hair?

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

evanny
08-19-2010, 10:06 PM
oops, i must be pretty sleepy, it's been a long day, I meant to type olive oil..:obut that stuff is awesome!!

Isn't there an aloe vera one? Off to find it! :D

Dividir
08-20-2010, 09:30 AM
At times I use setting lotion and moisturiser, sometimes curl activator

Dividir
08-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Personall I have generally stopped using gels, just because they're not doing anything good for my hair

iloryde
08-20-2010, 01:59 PM
when i first went natural i was using jam, and it made my hair dry, but i didnt know it wasnt good for hair!

lilylove92
10-05-2010, 08:38 AM
aloe vera gel works really good in my hair to slick it back

mskyra
10-05-2010, 09:37 AM
I use the Eco Styler gel w/olive oil and my hair stays smooth all day long. The only downside is after a few days of using any type of gel whether alcohol free or not, you get a build up, but my co-washing takes care of that.

HairObsessed
10-05-2010, 01:23 PM
JAM HAS TAKEN OFF MY NAIL POLISH WHEN APPLYING IT TO MY HAIR. WHAT IS IT DOING TO MY HAIR?!?!?:confused::confused::confused:

Pretty86
11-09-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm so glad I stumbled on this thread. Jam has become a staple of mine while stretching. I shall discontinue use immediately and pick up some of this Eco Styler w/ olive oil. :-) Thanks ladies!