View Full Version : Vitamins for growth?

naomimaxine927
08-08-2010, 01:41 PM
How many of you use vitamins for hair growth, and which do you use? Have you seen any extra growth using them?

ac22ford
08-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Bumping. . .

hanna_light
08-09-2010, 12:18 AM
I don't know if I would call it vitamins for hair growth but I'm using GNC's Women's Ultra mega active, Biotin, and Triple Cod Liver oil. I figure that it could hurt because I read somewhere that the bodies machinery works in such away that the hair and nails are usually the last to get the proper nutrients. Basically the author of the article suggested that if your diet wasn't on point and you weren't taking some type of multivitamin to supplement the gaps in your diet then the hair and nails would suffer. I don't think I've seen any extra growth but slow and steady still wins the race.

Dividir
08-09-2010, 03:04 AM
I used to take hair skin and nails vits, along with multivits. I think they were contributing to my overall health. I need to get back on top of that. Becasue I think when my whole body is healthy my hair follows

ambitiousat30
08-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Hey Ladies!!
I see discussion about "Vitamins" to grow your hair....The truth is...synthetic vitamins WON'T do it. There is very little in these manmade pills that the body can actually use. The answer...."Go Natural" Herbs is the way. There is an herbal formula called HIR made by New Body Products that will have everyone asking..."Girl what are you doing"? Read description below:

Product Description
This NEW BODY Herbal Formula was designed for those who take pride in the health of their hair. It rejuvenates the skin under the hair, supplies hair food, stimulates hair growth, fights dandruff, and stops split ends and hair breakage. INGREDIENTS: Aloe Vera Resin, Sage, Chaparral, Capsicum, Kelp, Nettle, Alfalfa, Horsetail. Each bottle contains 100 Capsules. This product contains no fillers, binders or other additives. Each capsule is a Vegicap®, a 100% vegetarian capsule.
Check it out here

Use Coupon Code:BHP
newbodyherbsonline.com

jennisfresh
08-26-2010, 03:51 AM
I took biotin for a few months, and I had crazy new growth in the beginning of the third month. I bought a $2 from Walmart. The only problem I had with it was that it made hair grow in other places, too, like my face. :/

silentnyt
08-26-2010, 10:40 AM
I was reading about the biotin causing crazy hair growth everywhere but I'm desperate so I'll just increase my waxing appointments if necessary, LOL. This combination is said to work for crazy fast hair growth. I'll add, drink lots of pure water too.

Just ordered:
Biotin - 5000 mg capsules
MSM - 1000 mg capsules
Chorella - I forget how many mg but I'll take one capsule a day of each.

Any less mg than that and you won't see much results.

I also read to use Mane & Tail shampoo & conditioner. I used that years ago when I was young and my hair was naturally thicker and it did make a difference. It's cheap, available at Wal-mart so maybe I'll try that again.

jennisfresh
08-27-2010, 01:20 AM
The results you get with biotin are not worth the extra money you'll spend on waxing, or getting your hair relaxed every three to four weeks. It's also not worth the havoc biotin can wreak on your skin, and the cost of fixing that. I was lucky enough to not end up with skin issues before I quit using it, but a lot of women say it causes bad breakouts. If things are that bad, get extensions.

jailynstanton
09-16-2010, 05:48 AM
B Vitamins Are Important For Healthy Hair

The best vitamins for hair growth include the B vitamins. These are usually found in whole grains, fresh fruit, brewer's yeast, eggs, fish, turkey, meat, and milk. These vitamins are water-soluble, which means they don't build up in your body like vitamin A does.

* Para-aminobenzoic acid may prevent your hair from graying.
* Inositol can help prevent hair loss.
* Niacin (vitamin B-3) promotes blood circulation to your scalp.
* Panthenol (vitamin B-5) may stop hair loss and help to regrow hair.
* Biotin can also prevent your hair from graying prematurely. It's also an essential vitamin for preventing hair loss.
* Vitamins B-6 and B-12 have also been shown to play a role in healthy hair growth.

needamiracle
09-23-2010, 10:20 AM
I used to use hair vitamins I just don't remember the name or brand of them, but they do work.

miZZPortah
09-23-2010, 11:53 AM
I used Hairfinity for about a year and then stopped. I had a very large growth spurt at the beginning but then I felt like it started tapering off, plus it seemed like I was breaking out more. Since I've stopped taking them my skin has been great. I started up with some Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins that I got from the dollar store and I seemed to get similar results without the extra acne. I got out of the habit of taking those, but I'm gonna start up again soon so my growth won't slow down when the weather starts to get cool.

Halibel
09-23-2010, 01:58 PM
I take a super multi-vitamin....errr, I dunno if it helps any lol. My nails grow like crazy though and my skin stays clear. http://www.thedoomship.com/images/smilies/dontknow.gif

naomimaxine927
09-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Guess I need to go to walmart and get some multi vitamins, I'm so tired of having acne. Thanks Haliboo!

Halibel
09-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Your welcome, Naomi. I got vitamins a while back from puritian's pride.

Multivitamins: MULTI-DAY MULTI-VITAMIN PLUS MINERALS (http://www.puritan.com/multivitamins-067/multi-daytrade;-multi-vitamin-plus-minerals-004130?NewPage=1)

They're pretty cheap 3 bottles for $10.99...and when I brought them I used a 30% off plus free shipping coupon, so I made a steal. lol

Sycsomnambulist
09-24-2010, 06:42 AM
Has anyone looked at Bolthouse Farms Blue Goodness (It one of those bottled smoothies )? It has a bunch of vitamins. I wonder if anyone has used it before as their B complex. I'll be drinking that plus my everyday multivitamins.

calvinshardy09
09-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Stay healthy and take care of yourself. Certain minerals and vitamins are documented as being beneficial to hair growth.Vitamin B-6 is well reported to be essential for the body to convert amino chain acids into healthy keratin growth for hair

jazzi
10-05-2010, 09:34 AM
I use hair stimulator vitamins that I bought off ebay. I have notice that my hair has thicken up been taken them twice a day for a few months now.

PrettyGirlCo.
10-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Yes, I take vitamins. I take a Hair, Skin and Nails vitamin along with Vitamin C. To prevent breakouts, you have to increase your water intake.

Bellez
10-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi ladies, I have being using Futurebiotics Hair, Skin & Nails for a few months. I think they've been helping, especially with my skin since I'm still dealing acne. My hair does seem to have grown longer but I wouldn't say thicker...

adelh
10-11-2010, 12:43 PM
i take 5000 mgs of biotin a day - and i believe its working - and i buy the cheap stuff right out of walmart. it has to be at least 5000 mgs or it won't work.

devyrokana
10-13-2010, 02:13 AM
I have used hairfinity and DG hair vitamins. i gues i saw some growth but i also saw breakouts.

luxe
10-13-2010, 01:52 PM
I take Hairfinity. Haven't seen much growth I guess.

jonyfords09
10-18-2010, 01:16 PM
I want to add some of my thoughts about Vitamins for growth. Here i am sharing some of my thoughts about it.

* Vitamin D helps in absorbing the calcium from the food and helps in forming calcium & phosphorus in the bones.
* It regulates the growth that is required in kids during the formative years.
* Vitamin A is essential for the proper body to grow for the proper functioning of your eyes, immune system and the reproductive organs.
* The foods rich in vitamin A include the orange colored fruits like sweet potato, oranges, papaya, lime, carrots and red bell peppers.

AutumnH
10-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Anyone experienced growth from the Biotin vitamins? I just purchased my first bottle yesterday. We'll see...

Ms_Special
11-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Ive been using Biotin for the past three weeks. I was told that you won't be able to see results until you've been using it for three months. I have my hair in two-strand twists right now and I will see if there was any progress when I take these out!!!

eyekandy22
11-16-2010, 03:20 PM
I take my multi vitamin, fish oil, calcium, vitamin c. I tried Biotin and MSM back in the day, Biotin I thought made me break out, then I realized you needed to take a B-complex vitamin with it for balance, and drink more water. I didn't notice any effects in my hair so I stopped. MSM is supposed to make your hair curl pattern a bit looser and extend the growth cycle of your hair- yeah, how would you know exactly that your hair's life cycle had been extended- except 3-5+ yrs later? It had some bad side effects so I quit that too. Horsetail is supposed to be good for your hair, and nails, made me itchy. I keep it simple now.

Brownelle
11-16-2010, 11:54 PM
This is my new "Vitamin Regimen" as of today:

-A One-a-Day Multivitamin
-Vegetal Silica twice a day
-MSM Powder that I mix in my bottled water along with aloe vera. I try to drink about 2 or 3 of that mixture throughout the day.
-Aloe Vera Juice
-Biotin (5000mg) once a day
-1300mg Flaxseed Oil Capsules twice a day

alexiscymone
11-19-2010, 01:39 PM
On and off I take between 5000-20000 mcg of biotin and
1000mg of msm.
I watched my growth last month n it was around 3/4 of a in
Usually I get 1/2in but I don't use any of these for growth
just mainly for shedding I used to get about a dime worth of
shed hair now I get one to two hairs wen I detangle

Wantthehair
11-21-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm currently using the following:

Natrol Skin Hair and Nails
Andrew Lessman's Hair Skin and Nails
Multi-vitamin
Omega (3,6,9)

jeffreyrayenz
12-14-2010, 07:32 AM
If you want to grow your hair long, you need to take vitamin child rights, and vitamins B, C and F, and E, zinc, iron, copper as well, and also the calcium and vitamins (d), to find include magnesium, and healthy fats are important for maintaining overall health and prepare for your hair transplant.

tabbycat911
12-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Hi I am taking Biotin and I have notice thicker and faster hair growth. My best friend also take it and have notice the same. Plus, your nails grow really fast and stronger!

Good luck!

Keep your scalp clean!

alfieclinton
12-28-2010, 05:19 PM
I am using Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B5 for the growth of my hair. It is very beneficial for hair growth. I feel much difference by using this vitamins.

Mrs.Harrington
12-31-2010, 12:08 AM
I've been taking Fish Oil which is good for heart health as well as hair and I am seeing improvements also. Now I am about to incorporate Flaxseed Oil which is good for skin and hair.

leentora
12-31-2010, 12:55 PM
I've been taking Fish Oil which is good for heart health as well as hair and I am seeing improvements also. Now I am about to incorporate Flaxseed Oil which is good for skin and hair.

This is very good stuff, I always buy when it is on sale, it can be pricey at times here. I tend to get the premium quality.

UnspeakableBeauty
12-31-2010, 08:30 PM
Has anyone used this before. im hearing good things and im curious.

passion4hair
01-02-2011, 07:00 PM
I take one source multivitamins for women or prenatal vitamins. I haven't saw a change in hair growth, but I noticed that I have a lot more energy than normal. Your overall health does contribute tremendously to hair growth.

nikasut
01-05-2011, 09:56 PM
I take one source multivitamins for women or prenatal vitamins. I haven't saw a change in hair growth, but I noticed that I have a lot more energy than normal. Your overall health does contribute tremendously to hair growth.

WELL ensure what ever vitamins u use it has the right proportion of each vitamin .....so maybe it didn't have sufficient vitamin e...or boitin etc....

nikasut
01-05-2011, 10:15 PM
hey...newby here as in i'm new....FOR HAIR GROWTH...vitamins ! very essential! i only use products with vitamins..like doo gro

melodina
01-23-2011, 05:15 AM
I just take the multi vitamins and the fish oil.
I was actually planning to buy a vitamin B Complex, but i decided to stick the with the multi vitamin

Dolce and gabana
01-23-2011, 07:14 PM
-Women's centrum multivitamin
-Biotin 5000mg

Im really fixing to stop taking the biotin or get a lower dose, its really making me break out with huge acne bumps!

halesjoe
01-26-2011, 06:44 AM
There are so many different types of vitamins. Each vitamin have their unique work. It is important for hair growth and shine. I always eat high vitamins food. Vitamin D Maintains Your Calcium Balance. Amino Acids are important for your health and they can also help you to have superior hair growth.

MsUnique
09-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Biotin 5000 mcg
Fish Oil 2500 mcg

BubblesLove
09-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Biotin 5000mcg (Spring Valley)
MSM 1000mg (Spring Valley)
Hair, Skin & Nails (Spring Valley)

leentora
09-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Biotin 5000mcg (Spring Valley)
MSM 1000mg (Spring Valley)
Hair, Skin & Nails (Spring Valley)

The bold are the truth :)

BubblesLove
09-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks I have been on those vitamins for almost a month and I can say that it has worked, my nails are so much stronger and longer, and hair has shown some growth already... I can't wait to see the results once im done with all three bottles :)

leentora
09-25-2011, 07:47 PM
I have been taking both since may, the sulpur is a major supplement the body depends on to work and it aids in our system making/forming keratin bonds. Biotin will kick in its fullest in the 3rd to fourth month. For those that are blood type A, they tend to need to take twice as much dosage of Biotin as their blood type do not absorb it well.

I agree with you on the nails and hair conformation, also MSM with Silica (horsetail) complex. Works great for the hair but you will notice the difference in your skin ;).

nikasut
11-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Question, can anybody report that they have to stop using a particular vitamin as your body got used to it?????? I mean I can't use no hair product or medication for that matter, too long

Missv
12-06-2011, 02:48 PM
This is what I want to know: I am taking a no-iron multi- vitamin, fish oil, vitamin D and Biotin. How do I know how much Biotin to take? I was reading somewhere that said I have to take a B-vitamin with my Biotin so is there something else I need to add to my arsenal. Any advice will be greatly appreciated from my vitamin gurus (LEEN)...:)

Marker
12-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I used to take hair skin and nails vits, along with multivits. I think they were contributing to my overall health. I need to get back on top of that. Becasue I think when my whole body is healthy my hair follows

RONI
12-16-2011, 04:42 PM
I am taking 10mgs.of Biotin,2,000mgs.of MSM,Choline and Inositol,Kelp.They keep my long hair thick and healthy.I just increased my Biotin dosage a few weeks ago,it was just 5mgs.I'm taking a new vitamin,but will reveal it after I see or don't see any results.I am being the guinea pig for it.I just saw it last month,never seen them before then.I will report my progress next month:).

Iwanthealthyhair67
12-16-2011, 05:28 PM
what kind of difference cause I'm taking 1000 mg of MSM now the only thing I want is my hair to grow and other benefits

I have been taking both since may, the sulpur is a major supplement the body depends on to work and it aids in our system making/forming keratin bonds. Biotin will kick in its fullest in the 3rd to fourth month. For those that are blood type A, they tend to need to take twice as much dosage of Biotin as their blood type do not absorb it well.

I agree with you on the nails and hair conformation, also MSM with Silica (horsetail) complex. Works great for the hair but you will notice the difference in your skin ;).