View Full Version : Castor Oil Challenge for THICKNESS & GROWTH!

Pages : [1] 2

leentora
08-04-2010, 08:41 AM
The Castor Oil Challenge is BACK!!

Start Date→ AUGUST 15th 2010
Finish Date→ DECEMBER 15th 2010
(the start date is set in order to give participants time to go get their castor oil in time for the show down :D)

Welcome everyone to the Third Castor Oil Challenge! This is the SECOND Castor Oil Challenge of 2010 so let's make it a successful one :) This challenge will take place for 4 FULL MONTHS (great amount of time to see noticeable results). So only the strong, consistent and committed are suitable for this. As usual there are different levels to this challenge so please pick the appropriate one that suits you!

Challenge Levels:
Basic: Apply Castor Oil to a clean scalp 1-2 times per week.
Advance: Apply Castor Oil to a clean scalp 2-3 times per week.
Ultimate: Apply Castor Oil to your scalp 5-7 times per week. You MUST deep condition with a 1-2 tsp of your Castor Oil mixed in your deep conditioner and/or use it to SEAL YOUR ENDS very lightly.

Rules:
1. Your Castor Oil MUST be 100% Castor Oil..
2. If you are doing the Basic or Advance level, the Castor Oil must be applied to a clean scalp to allow better penetration so that your scalp can absorb all the nutrients from the oil.
3. One must report any changes, improvements, success in your hair/new growth. This will inspire others!
4. Please upload a photo of your hair progress after the Challenge is complete (there will be a particular thread created for this).
5. NO OTHER TOPICAL GROWTH AIDS can be used while in this challenge. You can still take your vitamins i.e. MSM, Biotin, Prenatal's etc.
6. You are also allowed to add Peppermint oil, rosemary oil, thyme oil as these help with the penetration of the CO and also helps with circulation and stimulation.
7. Lets be consistent ladies and above all have fun ;)

Challengers List ............., http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/stock/smiley-cool0018.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Leentora - Ultimate Level - EYL Black Castor Oil w/a drop of Rosemary, Peppermint and Thyme Oil
Jusstoya - Ultimate Level/Jbco+rosemary
Marsy - ULTIMATE Level
Iwanthealthyhair - Advanced Level/JBCO w/a drop of peppermint oil
Hanna_light
Munchy
Naomi
Buckeyeinminn - Advanced Level/Tropic Isle Living JBCO w/ Lavender
NFW_THA_QUEEN -Advanced/Peppermint Oil/Palma Christi Castor Oil
StL Princess - Ultimate Level/West Indian Castor Oil
CurlCrew - Advance Level
ACGN
Denalove - ADVANCE Level
MichelleCov
Chantelle
Livingboldly
Evanny
Sharii - ADVANCE Level
Amina - ADVANCE Level

jusstoya
08-04-2010, 09:47 AM
me me me !!! lol I'm in for the Ultimate level

Marsy
08-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Count me in Leen! - Ultimate challenge please. Gotta order more CO

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-04-2010, 10:01 AM
me too, me too!!!!

hanna_light
08-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm dying to add some thickness and growth to my hair so count me in.

munchy
08-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Im down :)

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-04-2010, 01:10 PM
you too, just ordered some castor oil hopefully they will reach nassau before the challenge starts

I'm dying to add some thickness and growth to my hair so count me in.

naomimaxine927
08-04-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm in!

I know for sure I'm doing Advanced, I think I can handle Ultimate...

But my JBCO is mixed with another oil, and I still have 4 ounces left! Can I use it, or I haave to use non mixed.

I just don't want to waste it

buckeyeinminn
08-04-2010, 06:02 PM
I want in on the Advance Challenge please...

I bought some JBCO by Tropic Isle Living that has Lavendar in it, is that okay for the challenge? I also have a tiny bit of the regualr left as well....

leentora
08-04-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm in!

I know for sure I'm doing Advanced, I think I can handle Ultimate...

But my JBCO is mixed with another oil, and I still have 4 ounces left! Can I use it, or I haave to use non mixed.

I just don't want to waste it

Yea that is fine Naomi, yea you can still use it, not a problem.

I want in on the Advance Challenge please...

I bought some JBCO by Tropic Isle Living that has Lavendar in it, is that okay for the challenge? I also have a tiny bit of the regualr left as well....

Yea both are fine, if you want to use up the regular stuff.

leentora
08-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Quick Note can everyone let me know which level you will doing please so I can make a note beside your names please. Also the name of your castor oil too...... thanks ;)

jusstoya
08-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Ultimate Jbco+rosemary oil for me

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
08-04-2010, 08:01 PM
I need to research about the oils because I haven't used any of them before. The only oil I've used is Olive Oil. My hair is thick enough, but I want more of it and I want more growth. Hopefully this challenge will boost transitioning so I won't have to BC. I'm excited. I'll be right back. :)

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
08-04-2010, 08:03 PM
While I'm researching, can you guys give your opinion on which of the 3 oils are the best to use? THANKS!

naomimaxine927
08-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Do I have to apply castor oil to my whole scalp 5-7 days on the ultimate?

naomimaxine927
08-04-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm still undecided either Advanced or Ultimate.

Will mainly be using regular Castor Oil Home Health brand, and also Tropical Isle brand Lavender JBCO.

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
08-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Ok I'm OFFICIALLY in!!! I'm so excited and I just can't hide it...I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!!! My first official Castor Oil Challenge and my second challenge overall. I'm ready for those results!!!

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
08-04-2010, 08:19 PM
I would like to be advanced!

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
08-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Excuse me ladies...which is the best Castor Oil to use besides JBCO. I can't use JBCO because it's sold online isn't it? If is sold in stores like the BSS, where can I get it and for how much. Also which is the cheapest Castor Oil??

buckeyeinminn
08-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Quick Note can everyone let me know which level you will doing please so I can make a note beside your names please. Also the name of your castor oil too...... thanks ;)

Level: Advanced
Oil: Tropic Isle Living JBCO w/ Lavender

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
08-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Do you think it's ok to use this type?

Africa's Best Castor Oil Hair & Scalp Conditioner::Hair Nutrition::Hair Care::Beauty Major (Solid Gold Beauty Supply) (http://www.beautymajor.com/product.php?productid=19132&cat=386&bestseller)

jusstoya
08-04-2010, 11:17 PM
^^It has to be 100% castor oil. Some ladies use this here with good results

Amazon.com: Home Health - Castor Oil, 16 fl oz: Beauty

StL Princess
08-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Hi i want 2 join I use West indian castor oil mixed with coconut oil

can i be considered for the ultimate level please ?

curlcrew2
08-05-2010, 01:04 AM
Count me in.....I will be doing the advanced level...

acgn
08-05-2010, 05:08 AM
I want in. i'll go for the basic. Leen, can I upgrade to another level mid challenge? will be using 100% organic castor oil i got from Akomaskincare. i mixed it with peppermint,lavender, eucalyptus and tea tree oils coz i hated the smell - do you think it was a bit much?

leentora
08-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Ladies Please, please read the rules. I have put them in place in order for you to have the best results and not to reap the maximum results.

If the rules does not state that you can use a particular oil, then NO it is not ALLOWED IN the challenge. Also using 100% Castor Oil heals the BEST results hence why it was stated.

I will go through shortly and reply to each persons query ;)

denalove
08-05-2010, 06:49 AM
I'm in....advanced please!! I can do this!

Michellecov3
08-05-2010, 07:41 AM
I would love to take part in the challenge. I'm new and desperate! Just a few questions:

1. Whats a good CO brand/line?
2. How often sould I:
DC per week?
Shampoo per week?
Co-wash per week?
3. What is a good moisturizer to balance or compliment CO?

I woul like Advanced level...my hair is a the end of my neck and thinning! It was very thick and comfortably shoulder length a few months ago. I attribute the breakage to stress: new job, wedding August 20, new house, trying to sell old house.

Please help!

I'm encouraged by you all!

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Sorry luv,
I will be doing the advanced level
JBCO w/a drop of peppermint oil

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-05-2010, 08:12 AM
For ease of reference here are the rules

Challenge Levels:
Basic: Apply Castor Oil to a clean scalp 1-2 times per week.
Advance: Apply Castor Oil to a clean scalp 2-3 times per week.
Ultimate: Apply Castor Oil to your scalp 5-7 times per week. You MUST deep condition with a 1-2 tsp of your Castor Oil mixed in your deep conditioner and/or use it to SEAL YOUR ENDS very lightly.

Rules:
1. Your Castor Oil MUST be 100% Castor Oil..
2. If you are doing the Basic or Advance level, the Castor Oil must be applied to a clean scalp to allow better penetration so that your scalp can absorb all the nutrients from the oil.
3. One must report any changes, improvements, success in your hair/new growth. This will inspire others!
4. Please upload a photo of your hair progress after the Challenge is complete (there will be a particular thread created for this).
5. NO OTHER TOPICAL GROWTH AIDS can be used while in this challenge. You can still take your vitamins i.e. MSM, Biotin, Prenatal's etc.
6. You are also allowed to add Peppermint oil, rosemary oil, thyme oil as these help with the penetration of the CO and also helps with circulation and stimulation.
7. Lets be consistent ladies and above all have fun ;)

I would love to take part in the challenge. I'm new and desperate! Just a few questions:

2. How often sould I:
DC per week?
Shampoo per week?
Co-wash per week?

I woul like Advanced level...my hair is a the end of my neck and thinning! It was very thick and comfortably shoulder length a few months ago. I attribute the breakage to stress: new job, wedding August 20, new house, trying to sell old house.

Please help!

StL Princess
08-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Hi Leen quck amendment i finally found a decent priced peppermint oil as im allergic to rosemary and thyme oils.

so i will bo doing the ultimate challenge with west indian 100 % pure castol oil with a little bit of peppermint oil mixed in.

Chantelle38
08-06-2010, 12:59 PM
In for the advanced level, am in England and they don't have most of the Castor oil brands described, though have found a 100% one by an Asian brand. So count me in

livingboldly
08-06-2010, 02:44 PM
I want in... I think I will try the ultimate. JBCO w a few drops of Rosemary and Peppermint and thyme.

curlcrew2
08-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Ooopppsss....I am using JBCO with peppermint and rosemary oil.

evanny
08-06-2010, 11:38 PM
I have to cut my CO with grapeseed oil. I use this mixture to seal my hair every days and I DC with it. Can I participate? I don't use peppermint or rosemary oil. :o

Sharii16
08-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Oh can i do it ,, is it too late ? If I Can ,, I wanna do the advanced level !

ysm
08-08-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm in. I will be doing the Basic w/JBCO w/lavender and evco oil. But I will be using NTM w/very little evco to moisturize my hair.

jusstoya
08-08-2010, 07:54 PM

You're just in time it doesn't start to the 15th. *coughs* Excuse me are you part of the stretch challenge part II? ;):)

Sharii16
08-09-2010, 02:38 PM
You're just in time it doesn't start to the 15th. *coughs* Excuse me are you part of the stretch challenge part II? ;):)

:eek: Oh Goodness Toya is that cold ok ? lol im kidding but goshh i am not . I want to be apart of that too !

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-09-2010, 05:43 PM
rosemary peppermint thyme jbco sounds like salad dressing...lol

leentora
08-09-2010, 05:48 PM
rosemary peppermint thyme jbco sounds like salad dressing...lol

LOL our salp and hair sure will yum it up and spurt forth lol

jusstoya
08-09-2010, 05:58 PM
:eek: Oh Goodness Toya is that cold ok ? lol im kidding but goshh i am not . I want to be apart of that too !

LMBO! :rolleyes: I will add u now.

naomimaxine927
08-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Oh I'm doing advanced.

I'll be using Home Health Castor Oil, cut with JBCO, maybe... lol

naomimaxine927
08-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Is it okay if I alternate between regular and jbco ?

acgn
08-09-2010, 06:15 PM
i just i hope i get my castor oil before friday.

leentora
08-09-2010, 06:29 PM
i just i hope i get my castor oil before friday.

What kind of Castor Oil did you get?

leentora
08-09-2010, 06:58 PM
While I'm researching, can you guys give your opinion on which of the 3 oils are the best to use? THANKS!

What do you mean, you need to use 100% pure castor oil. Please clarify so I can help further ;).

Do I have to apply castor oil to my whole scalp 5-7 days on the ultimate?

Yes 5-7 days on the ultimate, I will double check the rules and make that clear if it is not already.

I'm still undecided either Advanced or Ultimate.

Will mainly be using regular Castor Oil Home Health brand, and also Tropical Isle brand Lavender JBCO.

Let me know when you have decided.

Excuse me ladies...which is the best Castor Oil to use besides JBCO. I can't use JBCO because it's sold online isn't it? If is sold in stores like the BSS, where can I get it and for how much. Also which is the cheapest Castor Oil??

There are a few, so whichever one you are able to get your hands on first, just make sure it is 100% castor oil.

Do you think it's ok to use this type?

Africa's Best Castor Oil Hair & Scalp Conditioner::Hair Nutrition::Hair Care::Beauty Major (Solid Gold Beauty Supply) (http://www.beautymajor.com/product.php?productid=19132&cat=386&bestseller)

Sorry no, it is not the same, I think you will not get the same results as you would using 100% CO.

Hi i want 2 join I use West indian castor oil mixed with coconut oil

can i be considered for the ultimate level please ?

That is fine, I will sign you up hun.

I want in. i'll go for the basic. Leen, can I upgrade to another level mid challenge? will be using 100% organic castor oil i got from Akomaskincare. i mixed it with peppermint,lavender, eucalyptus and tea tree oils coz i hated the smell - do you think it was a bit much?

You sure can deary, let me know when you want to upgrade :).

Hi Leen quck amendment i finally found a decent priced peppermint oil as im allergic to rosemary and thyme oils.

so i will bo doing the ultimate challenge with west indian 100 % pure castol oil with a little bit of peppermint oil mixed in.

Ok np I will update hun ;).

I want in... I think I will try the ultimate. JBCO w a few drops of Rosemary and Peppermint and thyme.

I will sign you up, but please check in weekly, as non check in members will be removed from the list. For not participating and checking in regularly.

I have to cut my CO with grapeseed oil. I use this mixture to seal my hair every days and I DC with it. Can I participate? I don't use peppermint or rosemary oil. :o

Np, I will need to add this to the list, I know some ladies can not use straight CO. I will allow them to add a little oil to help.

Thanks for reminding me, it was on the first challenge and I completely forgot to include it on this one.

You are not late hun, I will add you, thanks for joining the challenge ;)

Is it okay if I alternate between regular and jbco ?

Naomi, do whatever! As if I follow you, I am going to go grey and bald, CO will not be bald to help me then :rolleyes: :p

Amina
08-09-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm in at the Advanced Level! Add me to the list please :)

leentora
08-09-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm in at the Advanced Level! Add me to the list please :)

I sure will hun ;)

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
08-09-2010, 11:22 PM

2. How often sould I:
DC per week?
Shampoo per week?
Co-wash per week?

Please help!

Well first, WELCOME TO BHP!! :) I encourage you to stay on this site by posting and asking questions because you'll learn a lot. I went through that same phase like you and my hair has now grown back THICKER THAN EVER! Anyways, I'm going to share what products I use:

1. Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Palma Christi Castor Oil
2. DC 1x a week, shampoo every other week or once a week (*BE SURE TO USE A SULFATE-FREE SHAMPOO), and CoWash 1 or 2x a week.
3. Well I use a leave-in conditioner ONLY on the ends to seal my ends and to protect them. Since I'm beginning the Castor Oil Challenge I'm going to use C-Oil on my scalp. So I recommend any leave-in that doesn't have mineral oil, alcohol, or petroleum. The 1st ingredient should be water.

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
08-09-2010, 11:26 PM
What do you mean, you need to use 100% pure castor oil. Please clarify so I can help further ;).

Yes 5-7 days on the ultimate, I will double check the rules and make that clear if it is not already.

Let me know when you have decided.

There are a few, so whichever one you are able to get your hands on first, just make sure it is 100% castor oil.

Sorry no, it is not the same, I think you will not get the same results as you would using 100% CO.

That is fine, I will sign you up hun.

You sure can deary, let me know when you want to upgrade .

Ok np I will update hun

I will sign you up, but please check in weekly, as non check in members will be removed from the list. For not participating and checking in regularly.

Np, I will need to add this to the list, I know some ladies can not use straight CO. I will allow them to add a little oil to help.

Thanks for reminding me, it was on the first challenge and I completely forgot to include it on this one.

You are not late hun, I will add you, thanks for joining the challenge ;)

Naomi, do whatever! As if I follow you, I am going to go grey and bald, CO will not be bald to help me then :rolleyes: :p

Hey Leen, you already answered my questions when I PMed you. :):)

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
08-09-2010, 11:29 PM
I need help!! I went to WalMart on Sunday and I looked for the CO, but I COULDN'T find any. I looked in the hair section and found NADDAH. Did I look in the wrong aisle?? If so what aisle do I need to go to. Also, can you find 100% CO at MOST BSS? I'd rather go to the BSS. If WalMart does sell CO, be sure to tell me the aisle. :):)

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
08-09-2010, 11:30 PM
^^ BTW...when I went to WalMart I was kind of walking fast become my mom was rushing me...but I'm SURE I didn't see CO.

StL Princess
08-10-2010, 05:33 AM
^^ BTW...when I went to WalMart I was kind of walking fast become my mom was rushing me...but I'm SURE I didn't see CO.

Most bss will have a brand of 100% pure castol oil just look in the oils section might not be the mentioned brands but they should have a least 1 brand of castol oil.

I live in the uk we dont get the jbco but there are are at least 4 brands of pure castol oil in my regular bss

leentora
08-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Hey Leen, you already answered my questions when I PMed you. :):)

I was just reply to each question, so I did not miss anyone hun. Sorry for the duplicate answer.

acgn
08-11-2010, 04:55 AM
What kind of Castor Oil did you get?

Pure BP Grade Castor Oil

Sharii16
08-12-2010, 08:12 AM
Heyy ,, I'm using Heritage Products Organic Castor Oil .

https://www.shoporganic.com/fullsize/2146/735

acgn
08-12-2010, 08:34 AM
got my castor oil yesterday, over the moon because it's 4 days earlier than i expected

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-12-2010, 09:13 AM
so, did you get it????

godiva
08-12-2010, 09:33 AM
I need help!! I went to WalMart on Sunday and I looked for the CO, but I COULDN'T find any. I looked in the hair section and found NADDAH. Did I look in the wrong aisle?? If so what aisle do I need to go to. Also, can you find 100% CO at MOST BSS? I'd rather go to the BSS. If WalMart does sell CO, be sure to tell me the aisle. :):)

It's in the Pharmacy section, on the aisle with the laxatives. HTH!

hanna_light
08-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Sorry about the delay in getting back to you :). I'm going to blame it on being a Libra ;) we've been accused of being indecisive. In this case the scales just took a long time weighing the options before coming to a final decision my hair and I can both live with :D we definitely want to commit to the advance level.

I will be using regular CO; however, I may switch to the JBCO or use a combination of both.

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-13-2010, 11:47 AM
I got my castor oil, yipppeeeeeeeeeeeee

Amina
08-13-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm using Lavender JBCO. I've been getting my applications in!

Marsy
08-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Ok my CO has been delivered and I'm ready to start (or continue) tomorrow!

breakandblossom
08-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Phew just in time for this challenge and I alredy has my oil!
Sign me up for 'advanced' please!

leentora
08-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Phew just in time for this challenge and I alredy has my oil!
Sign me up for 'advanced' please!

LOL welcome to BHP breakandblossom and welcome to the castor oil challenge also. Please ensure you check in regular please on your progress and give update on your experience with the challenge ;)

leentora
08-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Ok ladies TODAY is the start of the challenge, I hope everyone has their oils at hand to begin this challenge.

If possible ladies for yourself as well as others please take a before picture in order you to see your results and progress at the end of the challenge. It is also good for us to share our progress, it helps to encourage others in this thing call hair growth.

Now, let the challenge begins, please check in fortnightly so our next check in date will be on the August 29th, 2010. However if you need any help, please do not hesitate to post here in order to get your questions etc answered by someone.

I will be posting here often, more than fortnightly, this is to encourage you ladies to keep applying your CO according to the levels you have chosen.

Best wishes ladies and HAPPY HAIR GROWING ;)

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
08-15-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm so ready, I'm about to go apply my CO now!!!

breakandblossom
08-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Okay, I'm on it!
I might take pictures soon but bare in mind I haven't relaxed in like 5months (and don't want to) so you can't 'see' the NG well
Going to use my oil now!

hanna_light
08-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Checking in today I will try to take photos, you people certainly embrace any opportunity to produce hair porn.

leentora
08-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Okay, I'm on it!
I might take pictures soon but bare in mind I haven't relaxed in like 5months (and don't want to) so you can't 'see' the NG well
Going to use my oil now!

Yayy for hair pics :D

Checking in today I will try to take photos, you people certainly embrace any opportunity to produce hair porn.

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/evilsmirk.gif can't wait to http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/drool1.gif at those pics.

buckeyeinminn
08-15-2010, 08:54 PM
I washed my hair and applied my JBCO earlier this afternoon....
Can't wait to see what the challenge does for everyone else :D

StL Princess
08-16-2010, 06:14 AM
co washed for the first ever time today, put the co in the conditioner and dc'd for like 2 hrs it came out amazing !!!!!

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-16-2010, 08:12 AM
I need to find my camera....the co is thick almost like mo consistency

leentora
08-16-2010, 08:53 AM
UPDATE

For those who are sensitive to using castor oil straight OR find the castor oil to be too thick you are welcome to water it down a little with the following oils: you can mix your Castor Oil with another Carrier Oil i.e. EVOO, EVCO, Safflower Oil, grapeseed oil, Jojoba Oil etc. for less irritation and for easier application. HTH

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-16-2010, 09:01 AM
I want the full benefits .... hopefully I wont have a reaction don't want to water down...

leentora
08-16-2010, 10:01 AM
I want the full benefits .... hopefully I wont have a reaction don't want to water down...

:p You are something else Ms. Iwanthealthyhair lol

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-16-2010, 10:12 AM
he he he he he

:p You are something else Ms. Iwanthealthyhair lol

naomimaxine927
08-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Oiled spots with cut lavender jbco. Will oil scalp in a few minutes to prep for plaits.

StL Princess
08-16-2010, 09:38 PM
woo i added some peppermint oil to my co i got like a 70/30 mix of co/peppermint and boy is my head tingling i know the bottle said it had antiseptic properties but boy does my head tingle its making it hard for me to sleep.

:( just wanted to know if anyone else had that sensation when usung the peppermint ?

buckeyeinminn
08-16-2010, 09:55 PM
woo i added some peppermint oil to my co i got like a 70/30 mix of co/peppermint and boy is my head tingling i know the bottle said it had antiseptic properties but boy does my head tingle its making it hard for me to sleep.

:( just wanted to know if anyone else had that sensation when usung the peppermint ?

I have experienced the same thing before. I think it's pretty nice

breakandblossom
08-17-2010, 02:25 AM
Stl princess, I drop some peppermint in mine too but not enough to make it tingle.
Btw, if I do post pictures, my hair is nothing to get excited about btw...
Put some more on last night :)

StL Princess
08-17-2010, 06:57 AM
going to split my mixture into two containers and add some more co hopefully it will decreae the affects. Its good other people have experienced it, i spent the whole night thinking i was allergic and that i'd wake up and have no hair !!!

leentora
08-17-2010, 07:20 AM

LOL you will tingle as you put too much peppermint, but it will calm, it won't make you go bald believe I did the same thing many a times. but the sensation feels nice when it wears off. You can add another 10% castor oil to water down the peppermint a little more.

Let us know it goes ;).

Update from me I wash my yesterday (pre-pooed overnight and then wash hair with natural shampoo) and then DC with Keracare Humecto mix with castor oil DC with heat for 40 mins, apply castor oil mix to scalp and other leave-ins to hair and rollerset. I am air drying which may take me a few days.

I will be back to check on you ladies and encourage you to out your castor oil :).

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Okay I've been a naughty girl, I started my co application since Saturday...and my hair needs to be washed...no complaints though

acgn
08-17-2010, 09:02 AM
been a tad lazy on the hair washing bit but i'm pre - pooing the co i applied this morning will cowash tonight and apply again. how much peppermint oil have ya'll been using to get the tingling? i like the feeling but haven't been able to get it mainly because i tend to be heavy handed with my application and mixing and having been trying to avoid it as peppermint oil is an EO

StL Princess
08-17-2010, 05:40 PM
i used about 30 ml of peppermint and 70 ml of co had to dilute it down so its like 15 ml perrmint to 85 ml of peppermint it still tingles but its bearable now i swear the amount i put in before left my head feeling like a step below relaxer pain. aint felt pain like that in a long while if it wasnt 3am i would have washed it out of my hair.

leentora
08-17-2010, 05:56 PM
i used about 30 ml of peppermint and 70 ml of co had to dilute it down so its like 15 ml perrmint to 85 ml of peppermint it still tingles but its bearable now i swear the amount i put in before left my head feeling like a step below relaxer pain. aint felt pain like that in a long while if it wasnt 3am i would have washed it out of my hair.

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/smilielol.gif I know it is not a laughing matter, but the way you make it out is funny. I am sorry you experienced that I should have given instructions on mixing in the essential oils.
I honestly thought I was only one that made this mistake in the past :o

acgn
08-17-2010, 05:57 PM
got round to cowashing.......just waiting on the drying bit.......oh well..........at least i did wash the hair.... lol.......did my first application for this week............used a mix of 60/40 CO/Jojoba with 5 drops of peppermint EO

StL Princess
08-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Nah it was funny when i thought about it later on me and my mum haf a laugh about it but boy at the time woooooooooooo i dont think it'll be a mistake i'll be making again l

looks like my bottle of peppermint should last me until new years though now i know i only have to add a little :)

breakandblossom
08-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Since Sunday I've castor oiled my scalp 3 times and sealed with it; I plan to some more this week. So I'm working at a more 'ultimate' challenge level this week. Who knows by the time I'm back to college

Marsy
08-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Update:
Well so far I've stuck to the ultimate challenge and applied CO every night, but I may make today my free day. I usually wash once weekly but had to do it twice as CO makes my hair soo sticky.

Sharii16
08-18-2010, 02:11 PM
ok ,, i had to qet my hair braided for school next monday . so since sunday ,, i've oiled my scalp with CO 2x .

hanna_light
08-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Since Sunday I have oiled my scalp with CO twice.

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Since Sunday I have oiled my hair with JBCO three times....I can't wait to wash my hair tomorrow it feels slightly stiff and heavy..I've been using WN as a moisturizer...

acgn
08-19-2010, 10:12 AM
i've oiled mine 3x with a co-wash between the 1st app and 2nd. my scalp and hair feels ok so i'm going to sneak another app :) tonight and wait for the weekend to wash

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
08-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Well it's time for me to oil the scalp today. I'm on the advanced level. I didn't do the Ultimate because If I did it 5-7 days I would clog my scalp up.

Amina
08-19-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm excited! Since I've been back on it, my hair is staying more moisturized! Thx for the renewal of the challenge - it's my motivation :)

HairObsessed
08-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Ok I mix my castor with megatek and apply at roots every few days and let me tell you.... I see a difference!

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

evanny
08-19-2010, 09:25 PM
I need to oil my scalp....:scared:

Although I have been sealing with it.

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Just curious how are you using it?

I'm excited! Since I've been back on it, my hair is staying more moisturized! Thx for the renewal of the challenge - it's my motivation :)

Amina
08-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Just curious how are you using it?

Nothing unusual, just oiling the roots/scalp. But it acts as sebum for me b/c my scalp doesn't produce much oil naturally....the castor oil travels down the strands and keeps it moisturized for me, as opposed to none at all.

breakandblossom
08-20-2010, 11:08 AM
I've oiled 4x this week (would say 5 but Thu was very quick and only a little bit of scalp)
Sealed with CO every day. So by Saturday night I'll have done it six times.
I'm avoiding the comb, but my hair and scalp feel better already!

I think I'll was my hair every 2 weeks because when I don't use heat my hair is not in good shape :(
(Sorry, I'll try cut down on that too) Good news is I'm getting a hooded dryer next month (not a salon one but a 'cap' type one where you attach a hairdryer)

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks... I've been applying it to my scalp so I guess it's working it's way down my hair because my hair feels a little weighed down and 'thick' not from new growth because I only started using on Sunday...

Nothing unusual, just oiling the roots/scalp. But it acts as sebum for me b/c my scalp doesn't produce much oil naturally....the castor oil travels down the strands and keeps it moisturized for me, as opposed to none at all.

StL Princess
08-21-2010, 03:06 PM
wash day tomorrow already mixed up my condish with co :)

breakandblossom
08-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Applied 6x this week.
Going for a fun family day out tomorrow BUT pre-pooing at tomorrow night
Then washing in morning.

Can you hot oil treat with castor oil or is that just disgusting? I have some honey & DPR-11 will that do?

Sharii16
08-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Thank you for CO !!! My braids have loosened quite a bit and I'm happpayyy :D !
I'm planning on leaving them in until like next month and a half ,, but I am continuing to oil my scalp !
I hope everyone is doing great with their scalp oiling !

leentora
08-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Applied 6x this week.
Going for a fun family day out tomorrow BUT pre-pooing at tomorrow night
Then washing in morning.

Can you hot oil treat with castor oil or is that just disgusting? I have some honey & DPR-11 will that do?

Did you want to mix the castor oil in with the DPR-11 and the honey? Or did you want to just pre-poo with the castor oil on its own?

breakandblossom
08-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Did you want to mix the castor oil in with the DPR-11 and the honey? Or did you want to just pre-poo with the castor oil on its own?

It's probably best to mix the DPR-11 & honey with the castor oil to be honest. I think I'd feel better about it lol

leentora
08-21-2010, 06:06 PM
It's probably best to mix the DPR-11 & honey with the castor oil to be honest. I think I'd feel better about it lol

Oh ok, I was asking as I wanted to know what you was thinking exactly in order to tell you the best way of using the CO as a hot oil treatment. Never mind, you have decided on what you think is best for you ;).

ysm
08-21-2010, 06:13 PM
been using jbco w/evco once/week. Will be trying it twice/week now, after my henna rinse.

breakandblossom
08-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Oh ok, I was asking as I wanted to know what you was thinking exactly in order to tell you the best way of using the CO as a hot oil treatment. Never mind, you have decided on what you think is best for you ;).

I was pretty undecided until that post, lol. Maybe next time -- I'd be scared of sleeping with too much oil drippage so going for the thicker mixture. I've never tried honey before either so that's another plus.

ysm
08-22-2010, 10:31 AM
honey is fantastic as a prepoo or mixed w/conditioner, or on toast. Best thing ever.

ysm
08-22-2010, 10:46 AM

I think I'll have to get some peppermint oil. I like the tingles! I get the same effect when I use Sulfur 8, although it only lasts for a short time.

ysm
08-22-2010, 11:41 AM
I copied this from somewhere (I don't remember where), but I wondered why castor oil was not included in the mix. I'm going to try this one day, but maybe I'll add a teaspoon of CO to it.

"A special mix of these particular essential oils has proven to grow hair at the same rate as Rogain...

Essential Oil Blend for Hair Growth

1. Thyme essential oil - 4 drops
2. Atlas cedarwood essential oil - 4 drops
3. Lavender essential oil - 6 drops
4. Rosemary essential oil - 6 drops
5. Jojoba oil - 1 teaspoon
6. Grapeseed oil - 8 teaspoons.

Add the first four ingredients into a small glass jar. Mix well. Now add the remaining two ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Massage this mixture into your scalp for at least two minutes every night. Wrap your head in a warm towel after treatment."

hanna_light
08-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Because my scalp is extra clean because Ii did the whole nine yards and then some I applied CO to my roots and a little bit to my ends.

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Loved my clean scalp with castor oil and a massage

StL Princess
08-23-2010, 07:05 AM
washed my hair yday
pre poo evoo hair did not like it but i'd run out of coconut oil
shampoo red CON
DC ORS replenishing pak with CO mixed in for 2 n half hrs
Leave in Johnson's no more tangles leave in conditioner
Blow dried with hollywood beauty OO
To finish applied my castol oil mix to scalp.

a long day but worth it :)

acgn
08-23-2010, 08:08 AM
had a quick co wash on Sat. oiled my scalp. will do another scalp app later today.

breakandblossom
08-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey guys!
This week I oiled my scalp 6x with castor oil and sealed with it too.
I washed my hair today and my scalp feels nice and clean. I did a pre-poo and co-wash but didn't Deep Condition (..sorry was pushed for time plus low on product) however I used a leave in.
I DID use the honey in my pre-poo. However I was low on product so only used a bit mixed with castor oil and conditioner. It turned out nice and soft regardless and I'd definitely try it again when I get some more money so I can buy more condish etc. Then I co-washed and did a leave in.
Then I towel-dried my hair as best I could. Then I straightened my hair ..however an itty bit of blow-drying was required (I'm sorry! I'll confess this on hair sins thread too.) BUT I used heat protectant and a leave-in.

To make up for my hair sins I have 2 pics for you...

My hair is to the end of my neck with some uneven straggly bits--
http://images116.fotki.com/v699/photos/4/1696104/9006738/IMGP2141-vi.jpg
My Minnie Mouse buns...('scuse the Maury on TV, LOL)
http://images116.fotki.com/v715/photos/4/1696104/9006738/IMGP2146a-vi.jpg

Michellecov3
08-23-2010, 12:48 PM
I love to mix CO with peppermint oil and rosemary oil! Oil nightly with a lovely scalp massage and sealing the ends. Sleeping with a satin/silk scarf and satin pillowcase. My hair feels so soft and moist. Thanks, Leentora for my breakthrough. I'm definately ULTIMATE. Co-wash at least twice weekly and DC at least twice weekly. Using QP creme shampoo. I got a touch up 1 week before the challenge and I feel the newgrowth like crazy...will stretch this for at least 10 weeks. The oil makes stretching easy, because it softens my roots and a leave in helps detangle the hair...

Like McDonald's..."I'M LOVIN' IT!"

hanna_light
08-26-2010, 09:40 PM
This morning after I co-washed I oiled my scalp with CO.

breakandblossom
08-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Castor oiling the scalp less often this week so far. I think I've done it 3x now but it's technically Friday so can wedge in two more times before wash day Sunday!

I feel like I've made some new discoveries this week overall in the field of hair, and the castor oil thing is going good! I think I'll do another honey/castor oil/whatever pre-poo this Sunday I loved it.

It seems like people wash/co-wash more than I do so I might be doing that more often..but then again probably not because of college starting soon and lack of time, ugh. We'll see!

Sharii16
08-26-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm taking my braids down to wash my hair . Then after ,, I will be oiling it with CO ~

leentora
08-26-2010, 10:46 PM
I find this week I have been oiling twice a day, once in the morning and the other just before bed. My hair was in a braid-out unlike having a roller set so my hair was soaking the application of the oil very quickly.

Tomorrow is a treatment day so I start on clean scalp again, I made some concoction and add 4 teaspoon of castor oil. I add to everything these days, helps to keep my hair soft helps seals in moisture well.

Amina
08-26-2010, 11:09 PM
oiled scalp last night!

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Oiled scalp this morning

StL Princess
08-27-2010, 10:51 AM
]I find this week I have been oiling twice a day, once in the morning and the other just before bed. [/B]My hair was in a braid-out unlike having a roller set so my hair was soaking the application of the oil very quickly.

Tomorrow is a treatment day so I start on clean scalp again, I made some concoction and add 4 teaspoon of castor oil. I add to everything these days, helps to keep my hair soft helps seals in moisture well.

that's my routine as well and i've been putting HE beautiful ends leave in on the tips of my hair.

Tomorrow is wash day so i'm messing around with my hair today looking for new styles i oiled my scalp moisturised the tips went out got some oo gel sprayed my hair wet with warm water and finger combed in the gel just drying now so far i like the results

ysm
08-28-2010, 11:22 PM
doing my prepoo tonight and added a little CO. Will massage scalp later tonight.

breakandblossom
08-29-2010, 02:46 AM
Washed my hair today because my head felt icky. Pre-pooed with honey, castor oil, olive oil and every conditioner lol. Then co-washed and Deep Conditioned with heat..
It took like all day lol. But on a good note - I didn't use heat and I air-dried :)
4x oiled this week.

ysm
08-29-2010, 03:22 PM
My hair is in twists drying now, so I will oil my scalp w/jbco and evco 2nite b4 bed.

Amina
08-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Oiled w/jbco today

hanna_light
08-29-2010, 06:11 PM
I smothered my scalp and ends in CO.

leentora
08-29-2010, 09:43 PM
I have been oiling all week and I did today also and M&S too.

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-30-2010, 07:24 AM
oiled my scalp this morning ...love JBCO

StL Princess
08-30-2010, 09:27 AM
oiled all week today i tried my oo gel again on clean hair my hair doesnt like it i've decided.

going to brush it out and oil 2night

Sharii16
08-30-2010, 05:44 PM
lol ,, im confused. When you all say that you are oiling your hair everyday ,, are you applying to your scalp or just to your hair and ends ?

StL Princess
08-31-2010, 03:17 AM
lol ,, im confused. When you all say that you are oiling your hair everyday ,, are you applying to your scalp or just to your hair and ends ?

i apply to the scalp with an application bottle finger comb the section then comb through down the shaft with my widetooth comb

acgn
08-31-2010, 04:50 AM
took out my braids Sat, de-knotted. pre-pooed overnight with Castor oil and EVOO mix on Sunday. Mon, i shampooed and mini conditioned and put in some leave in sealed with a little shea butter because i was in a hurry and airdryed. dampened with a mix of 90/10 water and my coconut oil conditioner and twisted then applied my 1st scalp application of my Castor/jojoba/peppermint oil for this week. last week i managed to do at least 2 applications on a clean scalp.

leentora
08-31-2010, 04:57 AM

I have a small jar that I mix up my castor oil with my EOs and section on my hair daily or every other day and apply the castor oil to my scalp.
Mainly to my scalp, on wash days if I am doing a roller-set a tad bit to the ends prior to rolling my hair unto the rollers.

breakandblossom
08-31-2010, 08:30 AM

Yes, on the first week I oiled it 6x directly on my scalp, massaging it in with my fingers and also sealing.

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-31-2010, 08:33 AM
oiled my scalp this morning ...my routine is down pack!

buckeyeinminn
08-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Oiled my scalp Sunday when I shampooed my hair. 1 down, 2 to go for the week :)

AutumnH
08-31-2010, 12:53 PM
?? When doing this CO does it leave the hair oily/greasy?? I want to try this but I hate oily hair.

StL Princess
08-31-2010, 01:07 PM
?? When doing this CO does it leave the hair oily/greasy?? I want to try this but I hate oily hair.

Depends on quantity and frequency of application tbh is you use a lil bit but often you'll get the benefits but less of the greasiness

Sharii16
08-31-2010, 10:51 PM
Yes, on the first week I oiled it 6x directly on my scalp, massaging it in with my fingers and also sealing.

ooooh okkay ! cool . im thinking yall do something specific i was just like is that good lol ! but thankss

Sharii16
08-31-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm oiling my hair today ,, this will make it the 3rd time I've oiled my hair

StL Princess
09-01-2010, 05:44 AM
mixed up a new batch of my castor oil mix 2day with significantly less peppermint happy days

Iwanthealthyhair67
09-01-2010, 07:03 AM
my roots are getting softer, is anyone else having that same experience?

buckeyeinminn
09-02-2010, 09:17 PM
my roots are getting softer, is anyone else having that same experience?

My roots do seem a little softer as well

curlcrew2
09-02-2010, 09:26 PM
I oiled my scalp yesterday and today with CO mixed with grapeseed oil, and megatek...

Iwanthealthyhair67
09-03-2010, 07:09 AM
no oiling my scalp today, preparing my hair for a relaxer I'm a little hesitant cause my scalp is a bit tender in some spots

Iwanthealthyhair67
09-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Has anyone noticed that your scalp itches more ...don't know if is all castor oils or just the JBCO

breakandblossom
09-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Has anyone noticed that your scalp itches more ...don't know if is all castor oils or just the JBCO

My scalp has been itchy recently but I'm not sure if I can put it down to the CO -- maybe it's because of my leave-in or maybe not..but for sure it's been itchier.
And to answer your previous question, my NG is definitely softer! :)

Iwanthealthyhair67
09-03-2010, 08:23 AM
I'm using the same leave in that I always use so I know that it's not that ...I think it's the jbco

My scalp has been itchy recently but I'm not sure if I can put it down to the CO -- maybe it's because of my leave-in or maybe not..but for sure it's been itchier.
And to answer your previous question, my NG is definitely softer! :)

leentora
09-03-2010, 11:01 AM

You are using the CO straight? If that is the case you may need to dilute the oil with one of the oils I listed, some ppl can not use the oil straight whereas some can, try diluting just a little and see if you still itch. HTH

Iwanthealthyhair67
09-03-2010, 11:12 AM
:)I'm not complaining plus you know I want the maximum benefits...and it's not a constant itch I guess I'm noticing it becuase I don't have an itchy scalp...

Sometimes I do mix with a moisturizer (silk elements)

You are using the CO straight? If that is the case you may need to dilute the oil with one of the oils I listed, some ppl can not use the oil straight whereas some can, try diluting just a little and see if you still itch. HTH

buckeyeinminn
09-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Oiled my scalp with JBCO yesterday when I shampooed, blow dried and flat ironed

hanna_light
09-05-2010, 11:40 AM
I was a naughty girl last week because I only oiled my scalp once with CO because I was lazy and didn't co-wash last week. Today after I finished my moisturizing steam treatment I oiled my scalp with CO. I also decided to seal the entire length of my hair with CO as well.

Sharii16
09-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Oiling my scalp with CO as i type ! hope everyone is having a blessed Sunday :)

StL Princess
09-05-2010, 03:29 PM
pre pooed shampooed dc'd with co and now letting it air dry i wanna see the texture

Iwanthealthyhair67
09-06-2010, 08:29 AM
applied my jbco yesterday...

curlcrew2
09-06-2010, 09:26 PM
I applied my CO yesterday....

Iwanthealthyhair67
09-09-2010, 08:03 AM
I love my jbco straight up no additives ...

leentora
09-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Oiled scalp Monday and last night, will see if I can do another tonight :).

ysm
09-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Haven't done it at all this week. My hair is straight this week and I didn't want to mess it up. I'll start again on Sunday.

StL Princess
09-13-2010, 05:52 AM
i straightened my hair and used the co and had no problems

Wash day not doing a pre poo because im shattered

Iwanthealthyhair67
09-13-2010, 07:36 AM
washed my hair on saturday JBCO saturday and sunday

hanna_light
09-13-2010, 01:11 PM
I applied CO after I washed my hair last night.

leentora
09-13-2010, 07:49 PM
I applied Co to my hair tonight then M&S and put four twist and then pin then up and scarf it.

naomimaxine927
09-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Oiled scalp down the middle lol, put jbco on spots and edges.

curlcrew2
09-14-2010, 12:55 AM
Oiled scalp down the middle lol, put jbco on spots and edges.

I want some JBCO so bad and the pimento too....PJ!!!!!:eek:

Halibel
09-14-2010, 04:12 AM
^^^ lol that sounded so cute, Curl. haha

Halibel
09-14-2010, 04:13 AM
Leen after this challenge ends in Dec. are you gonna start it up again?

curlcrew2
09-14-2010, 04:32 AM
^^^ lol that sounded so cute, Curl. haha

I wanted a new bag(purse) LV but I can't stay out the haircare aisles....:rolleyes:

Halibel
09-14-2010, 06:26 AM
I wanted a new bag(purse) LV but I can't stay out the haircare aisles....:rolleyes:

Haha, well at least you going to have super gawgous hair! No need for a bag with your hair is looking awesome!

leentora
09-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Leen after this challenge ends in Dec. are you gonna start it up again?

Mmmm more or less, why?

Halibel
09-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Oh, cuz I want to join in the next one since i finally got some CO again lol. I want to stick with it and get some awesome results like yall.

leentora
09-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Oh, cuz I want to join in the next one since i finally got some CO again lol. I want to stick with it and get some awesome results like yall.

You can join in now if you want we still have 2.5 months left.......

Halibel
09-14-2010, 07:10 AM
Well, I don't exactly have my CO yet.....lmao but okay then! I will join as soon as I get it. http://www.thedoomship.com/images/smilies/soulja.gif

Hopefully, I can see some improvement within those couple months.

leentora
09-14-2010, 07:11 AM
Ok np, let me now when you have it and is ready to join in ;).

Iwanthealthyhair67
09-14-2010, 07:12 AM
JBCO last night three night in a row I think I need a case of JBCO

Halibel
09-14-2010, 07:13 AM
Thankies Leenie!!! I think imma lurk around this thread pages and find/read ppls results lol

breakandblossom
09-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Ugh, have been getting sloppier and sloppier with application over time. As in not sticking to 3+ applications a week. So I need to get back in to doing a target of 4-6 days per week again.

I can't believe it's been a month!
Hope you are all well and doing well on this challenge :D

lilo moon
09-15-2010, 04:57 PM
I missed this one I guess. It's ALL good I'm still using my co and dcing.

ysm
09-19-2010, 01:41 PM
I haven't been as diligent as I should have been during this challenge. But I've started steam DC'ing again, so that should make things easier.

hanna_light
09-19-2010, 05:15 PM
I oiled my scalp with CO and actually used it to seal my hair as well.

Iwanthealthyhair67
09-20-2010, 08:12 AM
I love my castor oil

evanny
09-20-2010, 08:53 AM
I've only been using it to seal. I haven't oiled my scalp in a long time. :o

StL Princess
09-20-2010, 04:30 PM
co washed yday with a lil co in my ors feels real good and soft right about now :)

naomimaxine927
09-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Oiled scalp last night with jbco mixture.

leentora
09-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Oiled scalp last night with CO mixed on wet scalp.

StL Princess
09-24-2010, 06:09 AM
WASH DAY :) a few days early but i just fell down the stairs so i cant go into work my legs all swollen and hurts and im bored so protein treatment it is

leentora
09-24-2010, 08:36 AM
WASH DAY :) a few days early but i just fell down the stairs so i cant go into work my legs all swollen and hurts and im bored so protein treatment it is

OMG I hope you have not hurt yourself badly, I am sorry that happened to you and hope your leg feels and get better soon.

hanna_light
09-24-2010, 10:56 AM

I hope you feel better soon.

Last night I oiled my scalp with CO after I co-washed. I also sealed with it.

Iwanthealthyhair67
09-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Maybe you should go to a clinic and make sure nothing is sprained or broken...

breakandblossom
09-25-2010, 05:30 AM
Hope you're okay Princess!

---

6 months post! :) But did poorly this week with the castor oil

leentora
09-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Keep on the CO application people lol, please report any changes you have noticed so far ;).

Got braids today and apply CO :).

Sharii16
09-25-2010, 02:14 PM
So for some reason i went crazy on the CO . And within a week I have noticed a BIG change . Got alot of thickness and so far i saw my hair grow a little bit . I will post pics soon ! I promise

ysm
09-26-2010, 04:54 AM
Wash day. Yaaay!!! I had my hair out all week and the ends are feeling really dry.

StL Princess
09-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Thanks ladies I'm ok walking around a bit my mum's used to be a registered nurse so she gave me the once over nothing sprained or broken but really bad bruises hurst to put a lo of weight on the leg

My hair is loving the protein treatment my cousin came round and helped me wash my hair. My new growth was really fluffy before made it look like i had a halo lol now brushes back and lays flat.

Oiled my scalp this morning feels so good hair just soaked it right up :)

naomimaxine927
09-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Oiled scalp with jbco mixture. It's running out, but thankfully I have another bottle. Hm should I cut it with castor oil or coconut?

leentora
09-26-2010, 03:12 PM
I actually ended up oiling my scalp 3 times from when my hair was braided to when I went to bed. It was like my scalp was thiiirsty.

Oiled my scalp about 5mins ago, it was like I did not oiled it 3 times yesterday, my scalp parched lol

hanna_light
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Yesterday I applied CO to my clean scalp.

Iwanthealthyhair67
09-27-2010, 03:05 PM
castor oil, my new best friend....

leentora
09-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Oiled my scalp tonight, then put on a steam cap and wrap a hot wrap around it and then head off to the shower. I even then use hot water over the shower cap to steam it up some just to get the CO working as I have braids in. It felt so nice......my scalp.

Iwanthealthyhair67
09-28-2010, 09:06 AM
^^LEEN I was wondering if I should heat my co up a little - great minds...

StL Princess
09-28-2010, 09:32 AM
lightly oiled and moisturised low pony today

leentora
09-28-2010, 12:21 PM
^^LEEN I was wondering if I should heat my co up a little - great minds...

YES I was going to spice thing up but I keep forgetting to post it here. I was going to steal the idea from the 'Cathy Howse' challenge. I will post a hints and tips on how to do it by tonight ;).

naomimaxine927
09-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Oiled scalp with jbco mixture.

artlove
09-28-2010, 01:38 PM
I probably should purchase some of this castor oil (I'm aiming for growth).

What do you all think about the results? Are you seeing much of a difference?

naomimaxine927
09-28-2010, 01:48 PM
I was a little over zealous with the jbco today, and now I'm drippy :o

I apply it with a applicator bottle, is there a way to know how much I'm putting?

AutumnH
09-28-2010, 03:12 PM
I applied the castor oil to my scalp last night, and for some reason today I have flakes in my scalp...is that suppose to happen?? I applied it to a clean scalp...then again it was some cheap castor oil. But I thought it wouldn't matter.

Why did mines flake like that??

buckeyeinminn
09-28-2010, 10:31 PM
I applied my JBCO yesterday when I oiled my scalp after I shampooed, blow dried, and flat ironed.

AutumnH
09-29-2010, 08:16 AM
I tried it again...oiled my scalp last night with Castor oil to see if it itched and flaked again. We'll see! If it does it again I'm gonna buy the JBCO...

Iwanthealthyhair67
09-29-2010, 09:09 AM
I will be looking out for it....

YES I was going to spice thing up but I keep forgetting to post it here. I was going to steal the idea from the 'Cathy Howse' challenge. I will post a hints and tips on how to do it by tonight ;).

Amina
09-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Oiled with my jbco....feels lovely!

StL Princess
09-29-2010, 06:16 PM
very light oiling as i went overboard the day before

CherriPepsi
09-30-2010, 02:26 AM
I applied the castor oil to my scalp last night, and for some reason today I have flakes in my scalp...is that suppose to happen?? I applied it to a clean scalp...then again it was some cheap castor oil. But I thought it wouldn't matter.

Why did mines flake like that??

Is it cold pressed castor oil? Did ou get it from a health food store?

Sharii16
10-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Oiled my hair last night ,, massaged also :)

naomimaxine927
10-03-2010, 12:51 PM
I tried it again...oiled my scalp last night with Castor oil to see if it itched and flaked again. We'll see! If it does it again I'm gonna buy the JBCO...

If you want, before you buy the jbco, you could mix your castor oil with another oil, like coconut/grapeseed or just another lighter oil.

AutumnH
10-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Is it cold pressed castor oil? Did ou get it from a health food store?

It was the Wal-greens brand. I decided to wait on my JBCO that I ordered and I will start over using that.

Sharii16
10-04-2010, 04:26 PM
oiled my scalp and ends this morning ! massaging tonight
how is everyone else doing !

naomimaxine927
10-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Oiled entire scalp yesterday. Today I'll just oil my spots and edges.

Halibel
10-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Doing my http://www.thedoomship.com/images/smilies/lurk.gif to hear about results. :)

Sharii16
10-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Doing my http://www.thedoomship.com/images/smilies/lurk.gif to hear about results. :)

I'm doing well ,, i will put up pics for my APL challenge so you can see whats going on ! But how are you coming along ?

StL Princess
10-04-2010, 07:42 PM
oiled spots today not having a happy hair day resorted to gelling it back

Halibel
10-04-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm doing well ,, i will put up pics for my APL challenge so you can see whats going on ! But how are you coming along ?

Alright, Sharii. Glad to know all is well with the hair. I hope that jbco/co is working wonders on everybody's hair.

haha, I am not in the CO challenge because I don't have either. lol :( But I so going to join the next one. :)

breakandblossom
10-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Had such a busy couple of weeks..
Over the weekend I DC'd (twice actually) and shampooed but I did pay the price for avoiding the comb. I had to comb out some painful knots!
But my hair is looking fuller I'm loving my growing bun.
So I'll just make sure I comb more often (not much more often) and detangle too

AutumnH
10-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Got my JBCO today. Super excited :D

StL Princess
10-05-2010, 07:56 PM
going 2 do the full works 2moro the rain just totally messed up my hair

StL Princess
10-05-2010, 07:57 PM
i must add that adding the co to my dc is great

ysm
10-05-2010, 09:00 PM
oiled and massaged my scalp w/my jbco and coconut oil.

leentora
10-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Apply CO with peppermint to my scalp.

naomimaxine927
10-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Going to oil scalp with jbco, I think my crown is too thick though.

See Leen, I'm posting here!

StL Princess
10-09-2010, 01:23 PM
castor oil apps have stood up to my straightened hair hasnt changed it like i thought it would

naomimaxine927
10-09-2010, 03:45 PM
^^^ I think only water based products cause reversion, I can use oil with no problem when my hair is straight.

ysm
10-09-2010, 09:55 PM
massaged my scalp friday night. was supposed to do my henna rinse, but I had a party to go to. Guess I try and do it tomorrow.

leentora
10-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Going to oil scalp with jbco, I think my crown is too thick though.

See Leen, I'm posting here!

Thank you, as I believe you doing it on purpose to post in the other thread :p

AutumnH
10-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Oiled scalp with JBCO tonight...Hope to see results within the next month or so...

hanna_light
10-10-2010, 10:49 AM
I finally had to dilute my CO with grapeseed, EVOO,EVCO, jojoba, and a dash of tea tree. It's more like 75% CO because I was acting like a bonafide crackhead it was making my scalp itch like crazy all the time. I oiled my scalp today and I'm hoping that it doesn't itch anymore because it's diluted.

naomimaxine927
10-10-2010, 02:17 PM
using CO in my prepoo and dc today, and will oil scalp with jbco mixture later.

ysm
10-10-2010, 06:18 PM
using a pass today. I don't feel like doing anything to my hair today. I really need to do my henna rinse though. Maybe next weekend. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/sigh.gif (http://www.millan.net)

Eelite
10-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Coconut, olive, cinnamon and avocado oils.

buckeyeinminn
10-11-2010, 03:13 PM
applied my jbco to my scalp this afternoon

StL Princess
10-11-2010, 04:39 PM
oiled 1 problem dry spot the rest didnt need oiling :)

StL Princess
10-14-2010, 07:17 AM
oiling at night now my shea butter mix and castor oil mix are making my new growth nice and soft :)

naomimaxine927
10-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Oiled scalp with jbco mix. How will I take it with me, it doesn't have a cap, hmm...

Iwanthealthyhair67
10-15-2010, 07:58 AM
oiled a little this morning just my nape and sides and my part ...thank goodness I'mm be washing tonight got some build up my hand has been heavy on the wn

Sharii16
10-16-2010, 01:47 PM
oiling as we speak ,, posting my results in a minute !