View Full Version : Nioxin Growth Progress (pics included)

bannes
07-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Ok, I have been taking some vitamins called "Nioxin Intensive Therapy Recharging Complex". I have to say it really works! Ever since taking them, my hair has become more conditioned and there is also some new growth there as well. I would normally would NEVER do something like this, but I have to say for me this really works! I have tried taking a lot of other hair vitamins (biotin, prenatel, fast grow) and it really didn't do much to me. Thats when I saw some reviews about Nioxin on youtube and brought it from amazon to give it a try.

Now, I do Massage my scalp with oil, take other vitamins, take care of my ends, avoid direct heat to my hair, exercise, wash my hair every week etc., but I have never seen hair growth like this before i started taking them with my normal regimine. I just wanted to say if you are looking for a good Hair growth vitamin to take then I HIGHLY reccomend this one.

I hope I am allowed to do this... I am just really excited. Does anyone have any experience with this as well?

sweets
07-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Wow that's great growth. I can see the hair's health has improved too.

ac22ford
07-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Your hair is so much thicker in the 2nd pic. And I definetly see growth in length!!

Iwanthealthyhair67
07-11-2010, 09:11 PM
After one month on Hairfinity I can't say that I saw a difference, made sure had a relaxer first wanted to track ng I think these things take at least 3 months before you see real results

angel_hair
07-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Great results girlie keep it up!!!!

bannes
07-12-2010, 09:20 AM
After one month on Hairfinity I can't say that I saw a difference, made sure had a relaxer first wanted to track ng I think these things take at least 3 months before you see real results

I have to say that i disagree a bit (not trying to be mean about it). I have never taken Hairfinitity (but i havent heard that many good reviews about it), but I definetely say that if it takes more then three months to see any results on a vitamin you are taking, then you are wasting money. I take a lot of vitamins to stay healthy and it never took me longer then three months to say "that i feel more energy". Now, it is true that some people will not see "significant" results after a couple of weeks, but everyone is different and some of our bodies respond differently to vitamins. Thats why some people see good results after a month on a vitamin and others see nothing. We are different. What we eat and how we take care of ourselves is a big determinent on how our hair grows. Hair vitamins should just be supplements, not a determinent on if your hair will grow. I learned this the hard way. Now that I take care of myself and my hair and have found a vitamin that works, I am finally seeing results in hair growth. Now, We must know, that our hair and nails are some of the last areas to see results, but a reasonable time to see results is about a month-3 mths. Anything longer then that is wasting your money.

I also have to apologize, I am in no way trying to get any of you to buy this vitamin (I honestly don't care if you do or not). Its just that I have finally found a vitamin that surprisingly works very well and I wanted to share it with you. I only bought it because of some video on youtube where a hairdresser lady was talking about vitamins that work and she pointed out this one above all because it works really fast (I have the link below (4:36)). I hope I didnt offend anyone.

P.S. Thanks to everyone for the responses! I am really trying to keep myself and my hair healthy this time!

YouTube - Hair vitamin recomendations by Salon Cabelo

godiva
07-12-2010, 09:31 AM
You've found something that works for you and have achieved great progress. Keep up the good work. What is your hair goal?

LilMissRed
07-12-2010, 09:37 AM
congrats on ur success!!! we can see a difference :)

bannes
07-12-2010, 09:39 AM
You've found something that works for you and have achieved great progress. Keep up the good work. What is your hair goal?

I'm not sure... I am hoping to reach APL length by May of Next year, but for now I am shooting for SL. I will keep you all posted to see how everything goes. :)

Halibel
07-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Wow! Your hair has made a drastic change. I am glad you found something that works for your hair. :)

LilMissRed
07-13-2010, 09:28 AM
OP, Im curious how ur hair will act if u stop taking the Nioxin... I know when I first started reseaching products to grow my hair.. I'd read that if u stop taking /using Nioxin.. ur hair would revert... have u read any such thing about this product??

bannes
07-16-2010, 05:05 PM
OP, Im curious how ur hair will act if u stop taking the Nioxin... I know when I first started reseaching products to grow my hair.. I'd read that if u stop taking /using Nioxin.. ur hair would revert... have u read any such thing about this product??

I am so sorry this is late (full-time college student/doing an Internship)! I am not sure but that is a good question. I am doing a lot of things to make sure it doesnt revert, but sometimes hair has a mind of its own. I am no expert but I believe that I will be able to retain length if I can take care of my ends and keep my hair healthy. Its when I start relying completley on the Nioxin that would probably cause my hair to revert. Like I said, I was like that in the past, but I truely believe my success is due to not only the Nioxin but keeping my hair healthy. I will keep my fingers crossed though, but the Nioxin is just a vitamin so I don't suspect anything like that would happen. I wasnt going to buy it at first b/c it had the same ingredients that my multivitamin had but it seems to work now... I will keep you posted on how it is long term. :)

Brmamitay
07-19-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm goin to give it a try . I heard a lot Nioxin I just ordered it .

devyrokana
10-14-2010, 02:46 AM
Great :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Ynvme1972
10-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Ok, I have been taking some vitamins called "Nioxin Intensive Therapy Recharging Complex". I have to say it really works! The first picture where I am in the yellow tank was taken on 6/06/10. The second picture where I am in the brown tank was taken on 7/11/10. This is just after a months time! Ever since taking them, my hair has become more conditioned and there is also some new growth there as well. I would normally would NEVER do something like this, but I have to say for me this really works! I have tried taking a lot of other hair vitamins (biotin, prenatel, fast grow) and it really didn't do much to me. Thats when I saw some reviews about Nioxin on youtube and brought it from amazon to give it a try.

Now, I do Massage my scalp with oil, take other vitamins, take care of my ends, avoid direct heat to my hair, exercise, wash my hair every week etc., but I have never seen hair growth like this before i started taking them with my normal regimine. I just wanted to say if you are looking for a good Hair growth vitamin to take then I HIGHLY reccomend this one.

I hope I am allowed to do this... I am just really excited. Does anyone have any experience with this as well? (btw, sorry about the pics, they are bad angles of me)
Wow!! That is some good growth....are the vitamins expensive??

evanny
10-29-2010, 05:30 PM
I just bought system 3. I hope I like it.

bannes
11-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Nioxin Update:
I am so sorry I havenít been on as of late, I didn't know people have replied to my thread lately. The vitamins are about $25.00 from amazon if I remember correctly. I always get the 90 day supply. I have to say my hair is definitely growing! My main problem is keeping the scissors away from it and taking care of my ends (need a protective hairstyle). I trimmed my ends in September (I dyed my hair awhile back and wanted to get rid of the dye part). I donít mind the trim because now my hair is one color. So right now it is only a tad bit longer than how it is in the picture. To give a better review, I will tell you the advantages and disadvantages that stick out in my mind:

Disclaimer: I am no pro, so other people's body/hair might react differently, but this is just based on my experiences with Nioxin.

Advantages:
*It really works! I was surprised at how fast I saw new growth in my hair from the first bottle!
*It helps your hair remain healthy (the overall health of my hair has improved)
*It really isn't that expensive (especially for a 90 day supply).

Disadvantages:
*Hair seems to grow a bit faster in other places of the body, but nothing I can't handle. I personally don't think itís a big deal because I can shave/wax it, but some people might.
*It becomes less effective with the second bottle. I can tell it works well and it keeps it healthy, but I find the growth isnít as fast as what I found with the first bottle(I also skip days because I forget to take them ^o^)

Overall: It seems to work well for me, but I find it is just an aide in your hair growth journey. It works really fast at first, but if you do not take care of your hair or ends, than it won't matter as much how much your hair is growing. I take care of my hair for the most part, but since I cut it and havenít found a good protective style (it isn't where it could have been if I took care of my ends better).

Last thought: I give it 4 out of 5 stars. It has worked well for me and does what it is supposed to do taking into consideration the advantages and disadvantages. It isn't a miracle pill, but it is pretty darn good if I must say so myself and I will defintely continue taking it to see what happens.

If you have any more questions just ask :)

evanny
11-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks Bannes!!

PurplePeony
01-31-2012, 07:01 PM
I used these many years ago & they definitely make hair coarser & stronger. Unfortunately it makes hair all over coarser too & I`m not a hairy person.

Missey
01-31-2012, 07:28 PM
PurplePeony, I use the Nioxin. It has made my hair grow, and you are correct about making it more coarser. I started using Hairfinity also, and it has made it softer again.

PurplePeony
01-31-2012, 08:40 PM
PurplePeony, I use the Nioxin. It has made my hair grow, and you are correct about making it more coarser. I started using Hairfinity also, and it has made it softer again.

wow you`re using both at the same time? Your hair should be very strong!
I loved Nioxin pills. I took them over a year but when I got hairy nipples :eek: (tmi:">) I decided to try something different.:scared:

allset
02-01-2012, 10:26 AM
wow you`re using both at the same time? Your hair should be very strong!
I loved Nioxin pills. I took them over a year but when I got hairy nipples :eek: (tmi:">) I decided to try something different.:scared:

Hairy Nipples
LMAO, OMG I am taking Nioxin i started about 2 weeks ago, now I am afraid, very afraid of the hairy nipple!! I already have that problem, I do not need any extra showing up, LMAO I grow hair everywhere but on my head, I have got peach fuzz on my toes, peach fuzz on my fingers, lord I dont know if I can take any more hair outta place

Missey
02-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Oh my PurplePeony. I have never had to deal with under arm hair or hairy legs, or any body hair. The only thing I've gotten were a few very small chin hairs, which I find very annoying. I would have switched to something else too if it started making my body get unwanted hairs. What did you switch too?

Denae1908
02-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Where did you find those supplements at?

PurplePeony
02-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Hairy Nipples
LMAO, OMG I am taking Nioxin i started about 2 weeks ago, now I am afraid, very afraid of the hairy nipple!! I already have that problem, I do not need any extra showing up, LMAO I grow hair everywhere but on my head, I have got peach fuzz on my toes, peach fuzz on my fingers, lord I dont know if I can take any more hair outta place

If you are already hairy I would beware!...lol...good luck :)

PurplePeony
02-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Oh my PurplePeony. I have never had to deal with under arm hair or hairy legs, or any body hair. The only thing I've gotten were a few very small chin hairs, which I find very annoying. I would have switched to something else too if it started making my body get unwanted hairs. What did you switch too?

Andrew Lessman`s HSN....I`ve been taking them for years...luv `em :)

PurplePeony
02-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Where did you find those supplements at?

Amazon, bss

Missey
02-03-2012, 11:03 AM
I heard about these, and I was tempted to order them. I saw his on HSN last year, and I was waiting for him to make some remarks about the HSN pills, but he never did. I did do research on this product, but found a lot of feedback was coming from his site. I really want reviews from other places. I kept hearing it was really expensive, but I didn't feel like it. It was average to me.

I might have to try this, especially if you've been taking it for years and still love it.

PurplePeony
02-03-2012, 02:29 PM
I heard about these, and I was tempted to order them. I saw his on HSN last year, and I was waiting for him to make some remarks about the HSN pills, but he never did. I did do research on this product, but found a lot of feedback was coming from his site. I really want reviews from other places. I kept hearing it was really expensive, but I didn't feel like it. It was average to me.

I might have to try this, especially if you've been taking it for years and still love it.

I love his vitamins ..no additives, no fillers. I buy the large botttle & it lasts a long time so long term it`s actually cheaper than brands like Hairfinity. Andrew Lessman HSN have good amonts of MSM & biotin so no need for any extra. They also help keep my skin bright & hair/nails strong....lmbo, i sound like an infomercial :p

ambitiousgurl
02-24-2012, 12:31 PM
So I read this post and did more research on the Nioxin pills. I then found a store in Manhattan and bought them I have been taking them for about a week now cant wait to see growth!! :)

jazzi
02-26-2012, 01:32 PM
I have taken Nioxin before and they do work then I stopped have to stay consitant with taking them so my hair can grow back, I had a bald spot size of a silver dollar 2x in the middle of my head and it filled in.. Must get back taking them again. Ebay has them on line