View Full Version : Beware of Sunny Isle JBCO

naomimaxine927
07-04-2010, 01:27 AM
http://jamaicanblackcastoroil.com/ JBC are the distributers of Sunny Isle JBCO, and from what I have heard, they do not have the best reputation, at least with sisters over on hairlista.

Here's the Thread

Sign In to HAIRLISTA INC. Healthy Hair Network - HAIRLISTA INC. Healthy Hair Network (http://www.hairlista.com/forum/topics/beware-of-doing-business-with?id=2417923%3ATopic%3A1810808&page=2#comments)

I'm going to stick with using Tropical Isle Brand

MysticMatriarch
07-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Wow, those are some horror stories.

Bodybutter
07-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Not a member there, cannot read the thread..what's the story?

leentora
07-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Not a member there, cannot read the thread..what's the story?

One member spend $169 for a case of castor oil and only receive one bottle and other spend over $50 and got nothing. There are several members that their cards was charged but received nothing, or they ordered and paid for several bottles but received one bottle.

bejai
07-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Wow, that's interesting to know. I ordered mine from Sams and had no trouble at all. I've never seen this other site before.

naomimaxine927
07-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Wow, that's interesting to know. I ordered mine from Sams and had no trouble at all. I've never seen this other site before.

Sams 247 are not affliliated with JamaicanBlackCastorOil, sams use to distribute tropical isle brand jbco through them, but they had a falling out, so they moved their product to Sams.

Nefertiti Spirit
07-04-2010, 07:50 PM
I just go to a carribian store and buy it. They also sell coconut oil, and other interesting things, LOL.

aunatrueal85
08-24-2010, 03:25 PM
I am new to board (as of minutes ago lol) but I had a similar experience with sunny isle. I ordered the rosemary but received the original which was a $3 difference. Three dollars isn't a big deal but I wanted what I was charged for and ordered . After many calls (no response) and an email that promised they would re-ship the correct item. Needless to say I had to refute the charge and never received what I ordered. And its a shame b/c I like the product but I don't want to chance it. I'll try Sams next go round!

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-24-2010, 03:28 PM
I heard about all the 'horror' stories and was reluctant to order from sams in fact, they took a long time to respond to my email and that was a huge turn off so I spent a few dollars extra on shipping and bought it from Amazon...

jusstoya
08-24-2010, 03:29 PM
I am new to board (as of minutes ago lol) but I had a similar experience with sunny isle. I ordered the rosemary but received the original which was a $3 difference. Three dollars isn't a big deal but I wanted what I was charged for and ordered . After many calls (no response) and an email that promised they would re-ship the correct item. Needless to say I had to refute the charge and never received what I ordered. And its a shame b/c I like the product but I don't want to chance it. I'll try Sams next go round!

Welcome to BHP! Sorry to hear about that, did you ever try the Rosemary jbco?

aunatrueal85
08-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Welcome to BHP! Sorry to hear about that, did you ever try the Rosemary jbco?

Toya,
I ended up making my own rosemary jbco (those clowns at sunny isle never sent their version lol) what I did was add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to the original jbco and bam! My very own rosemary jbco...it takes the slight smoke smell away:D

Halibel
09-07-2010, 07:02 AM
had to join the site to read the stories.....but woah that is a shame that were doing stuff like that to their customers, I would be soooo p*ssed off and would be stalking them day and night lol

Its safe to say we know black ppl are running that business smh. -_-

naomimaxine927
09-07-2010, 10:13 PM
had to join the site to read the stories.....but woah that is a shame that were doing stuff like that to their customers, I would be soooo p*ssed off and would be stalking them day and night lol

Its safe to say we know black ppl are running that business smh. -_-

I know, and that is the sad part.

buckeyeinminn
09-07-2010, 10:52 PM
That sucks :(

Here is where I have ordered my Tropic Isle JBCO from:

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more (http://www.amazon.com)
The people I bought my lavender JBCO from on amazon accidentally sent me the wrong order at first. I emailed them and they corrected it within a few days. They let me keep what they sent me at first as well (4oz JBCO and Tropic Isle conditioner. So glad I won that shampoo in the drawing :D )

Number one online site - beautyofnewyork.com (http://www.beautyofnewyork.com)
No problem from them

One of the posters on hairlista said she found a fly in her oil :eek:

Halibel
09-08-2010, 02:43 AM
I know, and that is the sad part.

Stealing munny and putting dead flies in the oil....they need to be shut down.

aunatrueal85
10-03-2010, 02:24 PM
UPDATE** i did buy some tropic isle JBCO from beauty of newyork..it came quickly and was exactly what i ordered :-) The only thing is the tropic isles JBCO smelled alot stronger than the sunny isle JBCO...but my rosemary and peppermint EO took care of that!

ginaheron
10-08-2010, 09:36 PM
I never had a problem with sunny isle jbco and or jamaicanblackcastoroil.com. As a matter of fact i called them and told them what you ladies are saying and they told me that they had supply issues with the previous manufacturer i guess that is tropic isle that is why they were not delivering the products in a timely manner. They assured me they have no supply issues anymore and that they ship next day

naomimaxine927
10-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Well I'm glad you had a nice experience with them, I however still will not purchase from them.

Shipping is fine, but how do they explain dead bugs being in their jbco?

jusstoya
10-08-2010, 11:38 PM
My order was def. not shipped next day! They didnt answer the emails and there was no number listed on the website. (Jamaicanblackcastoroil.com) I have two unopened bottles and when i finish im done with jbco.com. I hope were talking about the same place if not take back my bashing. lmao

aunatrueal85
10-10-2010, 04:05 PM
I never had a problem with sunny isle jbco and or jamaicanblackcastoroil.com. As a matter of fact i called them and told them what you ladies are saying and they told me that they had supply issues with the previous manufacturer i guess that is tropic isle that is why they were not delivering the products in a timely manner. They assured me they have no supply issues anymore and that they ship next day

well i will def say that sunny isles aka Jamaicanblackcastoroil.com did not ship the correct item...despite the sorry email from sunnyisle telling me i would get the item i ordered. [after i called at least 5 times and emailed twice] With my current job i work closely with warehouse personnel and I understand orders are entered incorrectly or shipped incorrectly BUT we make sure the customer receives what they ordered and will we ship it free and provide the customer with a tracking number of what they ordered if we made a mistake...and those fools at sunny isle did not do that...and its a shame b/c i really loved ther JBCO...but i will never order from them again. Just beware sis:D