View Full Version : Is carrot oil, soybean oil, shea butter, and tea trea oil good for you hair?

Naemamaz
06-21-2010, 03:33 PM
I bought products today with those ingredients, and i'm not sure?

naomimaxine927
06-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Yes! Perhaps you should google each ingredient, and see what it does, and how it would affect your hair, OR even search products on the forum, and see what threads pop up, I'm sure there are threads on these ingredients.

That way we can avoid reposts.

evanny
12-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Carrot Oil:

Carrot oil has many nutrients good for hair, including vitamins A and E. It promotes hair growth and can prevent split ends, which helps to retain the growth. If you use carrot oil regularly, it can strengthen and protect your hair and often makes your hair shinier. Carrot oil not only moisturizes skin, but it will also moisturize your hair.
Putting carrot oil on your scalp will promote hair growth. Aside from that, there are other ways you can use carrot oil to help your hair. Carrot oil can be used as a hot oil treatment, and it can also be put on the ends of your hair to seal and prevent split ends.
Read more: Carrot Oil For Hair Growth | eHow.com Carrot Oil For Hair Growth | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/facts_5730902_carrot-oil-hair-growth.html#ixzz18Q4jSeBH)

Soybean oil:
Moisture
Moisture is one of the major benefits that soybean oil provides. Dry hair thirsts for moisture and oils penetrate deep into the hair cuticle. This can be used as a deep conditioning treatment once or twice each week. Your hair will be hydrated and more manageable. The omega three fats and other oils in this food lubricate hair. Simply work 1/2 cup of soybean oil into dry hair and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse, and then you're done.
Nourishing
Soybean oil is also very nourishing because it contains vitamins and other nutrients. The lipids in the soybean help the nutrients to penetrate deep. Hair thrives off of nutrition, and feeding it with soybean oil can improve softness. Your hair will be much easier to tame and manage when it is soft and hydrated. Dry hair breaks off and can become a frizzy mess. Frizz tends to act up when hair is dry. Keeping hair nourished and moisturized is key.
Strength
The properties within the soybeans do more than just help hair maintain moisture. As you use soybean oil, over time you will also notice that this healthy oil strengthens your locks. Soybeans are dense and loaded with protein.
Hair is made of protein, and additional proteins consumed in your diet and put on your hair helps to add strength and durability. Of course, you will only get results with consistency, so be sure to use this oil on your hair often and eat a healthy diet. Organic soybean oil is best because it does not contain any pesticides or other chemicals.
Benefits of Soybean Oil for Hair | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/list_5798238_benefits-soybean-oil-hair.html)

Shea Butter
Shea butter acts as a moisturizer which can prevent dry hair from breaking as it grows out, and gives it a nice shine. It also moisturizes your scalp and opens up the pores, helping release oils and other toxins that block hair follicles.
Read more: Shea Butter for Hair Growth | eHow.com Shea Butter for Hair Growth | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/facts_7167864_shea-butter-hair-growth.html#ixzz18Q5gssY3)

evanny
12-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Function
Despite its name, using tea tree oil on the scalp won't leave your hair greasy. It will, however, clean the scalp and help to eliminate dandruff.
Types
Tea tree oil is also known as melaleuca oil and can be purchased in a variety of ways. 100 percent pure tea tree oil can be purchased as well as tea tree blended with other essential oils or tea tree oil as an ingredient in shampoos, soaps and body washes.
Effects
Tea tree oil will stimulate hair growth not only by increasing the health of hair follicles but also because tea tree oil boosts overall health and immune system stimulation through its aromatherapeutic values.
Other Names
Cajeput and Niaouli essential oil are more intense versions of tea tree oil but can be used in the same way to stimulate hair growth.
Wanring
Tea tree oil should not be ingested or used on mucus membranes. Tea tree oil should always be diluted until you've tested your skin for sensitivity, though it can be used full strength in small amounts; 20 percent concentration in a carrier oil (coconut, jojoba, olive) is a safe place to start
Read more: Tea Tree Oil & Hair Growth | eHow.com Tea Tree Oil & Hair Growth | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/facts_5541297_tea-tree-oil-hair-growth.html#ixzz18Q5vmWnV)

Halibel
12-18-2010, 08:00 AM
And my wife swoops in to save the day. lol http://www.thedoomship.com/images/smilies/smiley_superman2.gif

evanny
12-18-2010, 11:30 AM
And my wife swoops in to save the day. lol http://www.thedoomship.com/images/smilies/smiley_superman2.gif

To be honest I was bored and decided to look it up. lol!

ysm
12-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Didn't know about soybean oil. I have a small bottle of mixed soybean and evoo that I've been cooking with. it was rather expensive. I think I'll look into buying some of this. Thanks for the info, Evanny!

evanny
12-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Didn't know about soybean oil. I have a small bottle of mixed soybean and evoo that I've been cooking with. it was rather expensive. I think I'll look into buying some of this. Thanks for the info, Evanny!

You're more than welcome. :) You should really talk to Naomi about soybean oil. She uses it and loves it. Halibel used it too. I noticed that I have a big bottle of it that I have been cooking with too. I think I'll give it a try as a pre poo.

Halibel
12-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Soybean oil:
Moisture
Moisture is one of the major benefits that soybean oil provides. Dry hair thirsts for moisture and oils penetrate deep into the hair cuticle. This can be used as a deep conditioning treatment once or twice each week. Your hair will be hydrated and more manageable. The omega three fats and other oils in this food lubricate hair. Simply work 1/2 cup of soybean oil into dry hair and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse, and then you're done.
Nourishing
Soybean oil is also very nourishing because it contains vitamins and other nutrients. The lipids in the soybean help the nutrients to penetrate deep. Hair thrives off of nutrition, and feeding it with soybean oil can improve softness. Your hair will be much easier to tame and manage when it is soft and hydrated. Dry hair breaks off and can become a frizzy mess. Frizz tends to act up when hair is dry. Keeping hair nourished and moisturized is key.
Strength
The properties within the soybeans do more than just help hair maintain moisture. As you use soybean oil, over time you will also notice that this healthy oil strengthens your locks. Soybeans are dense and loaded with protein.
Hair is made of protein, and additional proteins consumed in your diet and put on your hair helps to add strength and durability. Of course, you will only get results with consistency, so be sure to use this oil on your hair often and eat a healthy diet. Organic soybean oil is best because it does not contain any pesticides or other chemicals.
Benefits of Soybean Oil for Hair | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/list_5798238_benefits-soybean-oil-hair.html)

Good stuff....really helps in detangling and making hair soft!

CherriPepsi
12-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Tea tree oil is great for pimples but my skin is a little sensitive to it and I can't tolerate the smell. I mix it with lavender oil for that purpose. The combo is ftw!

blackbabe
01-22-2011, 07:57 AM
carrot oil, shea butter, tea tree oil. Yes they are very good for the hair. But don't know about soy bean oil. will have to check that one out....