View Full Version : How do I grow my hairline back?

ohitsme
04-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Question says it all. Thanks :D

PS. Naturally if possible. Thanks!

Dividir
04-17-2010, 09:09 AM
What happened for your hairline to become damaged?

ohitsme
04-17-2010, 09:17 AM
I think it's receeding, I know it's normal but I want it to grow back :[

Dividir
04-17-2010, 12:49 PM
could it be from tight braids?

virtuouswoman
04-17-2010, 03:08 PM
I used fertilizing temple balm and my hair just loved loved LOVED it! I only used one jar and my hair line grew back, I had thin edges and this made it grow. But like everything it may work differently for you. If you don't want to send money because you don't know it will work then try castor oil that should help too.

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Root-Stimulator-Fertilizing-Temple/dp/B000EGK4MY

ac22ford
04-19-2010, 01:51 AM
I found this article while researching something similar to your question. . .

The hairline is most fragile area of the hair; for many women thinning, baldness and breakage or of great concern.
There are several factors that may attribute to this problem:

1. Tight braids are one of the most common complaints I hear from my clients and others regarding thinning and hair loss.
When braids or twist extensions are not applied properly they will wreak havoc on the delicate hairline leading to excessive thinning and in some causes the hair follicle is destroyed completely causing permanent baldness if not corrected.

2. Cotton head bands; the constant friction from the head band rubbing against your hair causes the hairline to experience thinning and breakage.

3. Tight buns/puffs; many women use these styles are protective styles, however, this can be just as damaging as wearing braids. The stretching and pulling of the fragile hairline will cause severe breakage, thinning and baldness.

4. Relaxers may cause permanent damage and baldness; hence the reason you do not use them.

5. Post partum syndrome may also attribute to hair loss; some women find they lose hair around their hairline several months after giving birth.
This is due to hormonal changes during and after pregnancy. Consult your physician for more information

6. Lack of blood circulation; hair loss around the hairline may due to lack of blood flow and stimulation this is often experienced with those diagnoses with diabetes. Consult your physician for more information.

7. Stress may cause hair loss; this includes the hair line.

8. Alopecia is yet another factor that may cause thinning and baldness either permanently or for an unspecified time frame.
Alopecia is a condition that causes hair loss; this can be hair loss on any body part, but it mostly affects the scalp area. The cause of alopecia is unknown; however, studies are suggesting that it may be due to an abnormal immune system. Consult your physician for more information.

Grow your Hair Back:

To regain thickness of the hairline I use a blend of vitamin e, garlic oil (take fresh minced garlic place into an oil of your choice, I recommend jojoba, castor or safflower oils, put the oil over a low heat and seep for about 5-8 minutes remove from heat and allow the garlic to permeate the oil and cool) and tea tree essential oil ( use an essential oil of your choice tea tree is known for its antibacterial properties so it is a great addition) pour into a plastic container with an applicator. Apply twice daily and gently massage in light circular motions with your finger tips.

It may take up to 3 months to experience results, be patient and consistent.
There are also temple serums available; however, being sure to read the ingredients and purchase natural products to ensure effectiveness and overall health is no compromised.

Remedies:

Avoid wearing tight braids; ongoing breakage in this rare may lead to permanent damage.

Use satin or silk head wraps to display your beautiful kinky mane; this will help you retain your hairline and keep you looking youthful and stylish at the same time.

Handle those edges like silk with a gentle touch.

Wear loose buns and puffs; this will reduce the stress applied to the hairline
Stop stressing out; people often stress about things they have no power to change. It is so vital to take time to minister to yourself; read an inspirational book, listen to a relaxing instrumental melody or uplifting song, meditate on life giving words and phrases, avoid negative relationships, surround yourself with people who are successful and positive, take deep inhales and slow exhales throughout your day…it works, don’t be so quick to get offended; if someone says something out of line or treats you rude(you know the cashier at the store or the person that flicked you off during rush hour) just decide you are going to have a good day despite other peoples ignorance, set your heart on higher things not on what is going on around you to distract you from your purpose in life.

Schedule an appointment with your primary physician to test for alopecia and or diabetes if you are experiencing hair loss that is not directly related to tight braids, buns, puffs, head bands or stress. Your physician will perform the appropriate test and procedures to determine your cause of hair loss.

Source: The Beauty of Natural Hair: How to Protect and Grow Your Hairline (http://www.blacknaturalbeauty.com/2009/06/natural-on-edge-protect-you-hairline.html)

someil
04-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Just let it grow back fully then whenever you decide to go back to a Real Barber tell them how you want it.

ChanelButter
05-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Use Profectiv Temple Defense Leave-in Conditioner and you'll see result in a month

CherriPepsi
05-14-2010, 03:18 PM
It depends on the damage. If chemicals were involved (i.e. relaxers) then you might want to use Rogaine or something or check with a dermatologist. If you have been guilty of using cotton bands, cotton scarves or tight braids, then you may be able to save your hairline via scalp massages, using the essential oils peppermint and rosemary along with a carrier oil like castor, olive, coconut or almond oils. To step it up a notch, I have used green tea, peppermint, lavender, rosemary and tea tree essential oils on my temples and I massaged them almost everyday. I had great results but since I had to wrap my head for my job (constant tension in one place is a bad thing) and I had a relaxer, I lost my results. I started back up again though.

MysticMatriarch
05-15-2010, 03:47 AM
I gently massaged mine with Nature's Blessing. It smells so fresh! Amazon.com: Nature's Blessings Hair Pomade 4 oz.: Beauty

jessy828
05-15-2010, 08:58 PM
I have heard that castor oil works wonder, my personally started using like a month ago and i dont know if my hair growing but its stronger and one you touch my scalp its like i got a relaxer done and i have baby hairs in the middle growing, like after you shave and the new hair is growing out something like that, so i thinks its working!!! I mixing with my coconut oil and conditioner and sleep over night with it, wash the next day.

misslinda_lou
05-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Mine had gotten REALLY bad due to years of tight braids and weaves and just not taking care of my hair. I finally went to see a dermatologist and she gave me 3 injections of cortisone every 3 months. Luckily all of this was covered by my insurance so I just had to pay the co-pay. I also started wearing a wig because it had gotten so bad and i just wanted to give my hair a break. Between that and not relaxing my hair it has definitely gotten better. She also suggested using Rogain (minoxidil) for MEN just on the temple and that should help. But once you start with that you can't stop.

tenaj
10-16-2010, 08:43 AM
thanks for the information ladies

melodina
01-23-2011, 05:50 AM
Try applying castor oil and doing head massages

lavene53
01-25-2011, 04:37 PM
When my hair broke at the back down to 3mm of length and thinned at the front I added these products to my normal regime:

Pre poo with Olive Oil
Jason Bodycare Thin To Thick Shampoo (only on scalp)
Doo Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil (apply to thinned areas)

I took Natures Bounty Hair Skin and Nails supplements

And made sure that I washed my hair regularly rotating between moisturising and protein deep conditioners (mostly moisturising)

One key thing is to make sure you use a good clarifying shampoo only on your scalp so that your scalp remains unblocked and can regrow lost strands.

Nefertiti Spirit
01-25-2011, 08:31 PM
It depends I know in beauty school they told us once you pull the root or the bulb out the scalp then there's no way to grow the hair back.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Eelite
01-26-2011, 12:02 AM
I think you should try castor oil. Everyone keep saying how castor oil make their edges grow back.

Vlgirl
02-01-2011, 01:03 PM
If you go to youtube and look up MissCinnamonCakes. she has a video on how shegrew her edges back. I believed she used castor oil and emu oil. But emu oil is a little expensive :/

PurplePeony
01-30-2012, 04:06 PM
I think it's receeding, I know it's normal but I want it to grow back :[

A receding hairline is not normal. That`s scary even for men :scared:

healthyhairadventure
01-30-2012, 06:19 PM
I endorse the castor oil. I used it daily on my edges for 4 mths to help with my edges which were broken off from using braids for too long. I also used olive oil and FOTE aloe vera gel constantly for 2 months as my edge control. I do not know if it was just my hair growing naturally but certain areas of my edges looked like the hair was completely missing so I was so amazed when I went to do my relxer after my 4 mth stretch to see that I could actually comb an updo without feeling embarrassed. There was so much improvement. My edges got filled up with hair. My hairdresser commented on the difference.

sweets
01-30-2012, 07:48 PM
JBCO is helping my edges so fast and easy. Just put it on before I go to bed.

angel_hair
01-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Don't know if I am late or not with this advice.

I would say stop putting stress on it and allow it to be. The more you try different stuff the more stress you are putting on it.

Try lightly rubbing some EVCO on it.

Eelite
03-23-2012, 10:58 PM
I've been doing a little research on biotin. It is said that it works to grow back hair, even at the hairline. Now, I don't know why you're losing hairline, but this is one way to grow it back. You can take 1000-5000mcg daily. Start with the smallest dose and then you can slowly increase the dose. Be mindful, because biotin can cause acne or a rash. Either case drink lots of water and start with a small dose. And of course, massage some castor oil as well.

ysm
04-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Yeah, biotin gave me acne and headaches. Try gently massaging in castor oil. Wear silk/satin scarves to bed and as soon as you get in from work/school. Give it some time before it starts to work, but it WILL work.

Eelite
04-14-2012, 06:31 PM
It seems that biotin is working for me. I notice my hair getting fuller.

Eelite
04-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Yeah, biotin gave me acne and headaches. Try gently massaging in castor oil. Wear silk/satin scarves to bed and as soon as you get in from work/school. Give it some time before it starts to work, but it WILL work.

At first when I started taking 5000 mcg, I broke out in hives on my face. Now I'm not experiencing any breakouts.

NaTuRaLe_BeAuTe`
04-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Everyone swears by castor oil so I would try that and not doing anything hairstyles that cause tension (Tight pony tails or braids) Also try to stimulate your scalp

PurplePeony
12-21-2012, 10:20 PM
I gently massaged mine with Nature's Blessing. It smells so fresh! Amazon.com: Nature's Blessings Hair Pomade 4 oz.: Beauty (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009OXHC0/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002N6UH6Q&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=09Z86VFF1YBBWC1N390X)

I used that years ago & I loved it! I may have to try it again soon.