View Full Version : Is biosilk good for black hair?

Mary barie
03-24-2010, 01:19 AM
I was thinking about using some biosilk products. Are these products forumlated for African American Hair. I mean will it dry out my hair?

godiva
03-24-2010, 06:04 AM
I don't use it myself, but I've seen rave reviews about their products. Hopefully we have a user here who can chime in.

marchoftheblackqueen
03-24-2010, 11:33 AM
I've tried their shampoo's & conditioners & they're pretty much junk. I'm not sure about it being for black hair though.

virtuouswoman
03-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Whew!!! I almost brought some of this at Ross the other day, but I wasn't sure. Good thing I didn't. I need to start learning to purchase samples and try those out first...

evanny
03-24-2010, 04:58 PM
I've heard that biosilk contains alcohol, but I can't remember which product it was. I believe it's the serum that contains alcohol. I've never tried them, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying their products out.

marchoftheblackqueen
03-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Whew!!! I almost brought some of this at Ross the other day, but I wasn't sure. Good thing I didn't. I need to start learning to purchase samples and try those out first...
Although I love the hair section at ross, that should of been a big tip off VW. High brand hair products in ross? Usually means they're crap.
I've heard that biosilk contains alcohol, but I can't remember which product it was. I believe it's the serum that contains alcohol. I've never tried them, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying their products out.
It's their silk treatment that has the alcohol in it.

evanny
03-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Although I love the hair section at ross, that should of been a big tip off VW. High brand hair products in ross? Usually means they're crap.

Girl shoot I get a lot of my stuff at Ross. I have the whole CHI line and a bunch of Joico stuff b/c of Ross. My hair isn't complaining one bit. ;) TJ Maxx supplies me with my oils and a bunch of other hair stuff.

marchoftheblackqueen
03-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Girl shoot I get a lot of my stuff at Ross. I have the whole CHI line and a bunch of Joico stuff b/c of Ross. My hair isn't complaining one bit. ;) TJ Maxx supplies me with my oils and a bunch of other hair stuff.

Always rubbing your good luck in my face :(. Maybe it's just our hair section because all of the high end stuff thats there gets bad reviews.

evanny
03-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Always rubbing your good luck in my face :(. Maybe it's just our hair section because all of the high end stuff thats there gets bad reviews.

Maybe it is my area.:confused: You live in Hawaii, that's an awesome place! I wish I lived there. You have beautiful weather there and you rub that in my face. :( :crying: :p

virtuouswoman
03-24-2010, 05:46 PM

It's their silk treatment that has the alcohol in it.

I love shopping at Ross, just like they sell clothes and other stuff cheaper it doesn't bother me, its still good. LOL And I like their hair products, I like trying new things without spending a arm and a leg....

marchoftheblackqueen
03-24-2010, 05:50 PM
I love shopping at Ross, just like they sell clothes and other stuff cheaper it doesn't bother me, its still good. LOL And I like their hair products, I like trying new things without spending a arm and a leg....

Don't get me wrong, I love my Ross products but from what I've seen in our stores they often put the junk hair products in there. If you see anything in there you want to try I would suggest checking reviews first.

virtuouswoman
03-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love my Ross products but from what I've seen in our stores they often put the junk hair products in there. If you see anything in there you want to try I would suggest checking reviews first.

Well, that sucks. They always have good stuff when I go in there I brought CHI products the other day and they have lots of good professional items...have you tried a different ross?

Vermelha
03-24-2010, 06:00 PM
I mean, IDK about the product being good for black hair, but when I used it, I really liked it. The shampoo and conditioner weren't my favorites but the Silk Treatment was very nice on my hair. I would assume it would be great for chemically treated hair, being that it has silk amino acids.

Iwanthealthyhair67
03-25-2010, 06:17 AM

I saw Chi in Marshalls for under 12 dollars and I didn't by it everywhere else had it for lots more I was upset with myself also saw Giovanni and a few others at very good prices...in fact on one of the hair boards suggest going in Ross/Marshalls for hair products that the prices were better and they sure are....

evanny
03-25-2010, 06:25 PM
I saw Chi in Marshalls for under 12 dollars and I didn't by it everywhere else had it for lots more I was upset with myself also saw Giovanni and a few others at very good prices...in fact on one of the hair boards suggest going in Ross/Marshalls for hair products that the prices were better and they sure are....

In my area TJ maxx has Kerastase for $30! :eek: I couldn't believe it when i saw that! They also carry Nexxus products for dirt cheap. I saw Jason and Phyto products in Ross for $2.99. Those are my stores! I get my Grapeseed oil in a 16 ounce bottle for only $6. I was buying the 4 ounce bottle for $6 from Natural Grocers. Never again.

ac22ford
03-25-2010, 09:33 PM
I was thinking about using some biosilk products. Are these products forumlated for African American Hair. I mean will it dry out my hair?

Are you relaxed or natural? And is there a particular Biosilk product you are interested it, or just in general?

My best friend (relaxed) swears by their stuff. I believe she mainly uses the silk therapy serum and her hair comes out beautiful!

angel_hair
03-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Bio-silk for flat-ironing hair is a little tooo alchol-ish for our hair. Better options are out there. I used and liked it but the alchol is present. If health is what we are trying to acheive then try something different other options out there.