View Full Version : Dark spots removal product for black skin?

Lindalin87
03-11-2010, 12:30 PM
I am looking for a good product(hypoallergnic) to remove some dark spots:( on my neck. Does anyone have a product for African Americans that they could recommend?

admin
03-11-2010, 12:34 PM
You can try a product at blackskin.com. We heard a few good things about it. Thats why we allow them to place an ad on our bhp black hair magazine (http://www.blackhairplanet.com/blog/) blog. The site is black skin (http://www.blackskin.com) .com

There other products like ambi and rxforbrown skin too.

blacknaturalbeauty
03-15-2010, 09:05 PM
The only thing that has worked for my medium brown skin tone is raw organic cocoa butter, unrefined shea butter mixed with vitamin e and essential lemon oil. My skin is naturally oily but this does not cause me to breakout and my skin is even where I had an acne scar. It took me a few weeks to see the gradual fading, but it works well for me.

virtuouswoman
03-15-2010, 09:08 PM
I can't be much help, I used to use Ambi and I liked it, but now that all the dark spots are gone, I just use regular old soap...

sweets
03-16-2010, 12:30 AM
A natural remedy is a sliced white potatoe on the skin for 2mins a day.Let the juice seep in. Takes about a month.

eyekandy22
03-21-2010, 09:30 AM
I had to get a prescription 4% hydroquinone cream to see good results- however- if you do use the 2% over the counter versions, use a glycolic/salicylic product first- lets that sit for a few minutes- helps loosen skin cells, rinse that off, then put the cream. You'll see results quicker.

tbear7
03-21-2010, 11:22 AM
try bio- oil . you can find it at places like kmart. i used it on my neck also wonderful for scars... Good Luck :)

Dividir
03-30-2010, 04:29 AM
A lot of people have been talking about black soap (http://forum.blackhairplanet.com/f48/black-soap-anyone-7224/) Watch the video in the thread

someil
04-23-2010, 03:24 AM
Dark spots or pigmentation are caused due to over secretion of the skin coloring pigment known as melanin. Hormones influence the production of melanin and health disorders that adversely affect the hormone balance cause the over secretion of melanin. Such conditions cause dark spots or pigmentation and appear as small patches or all over the body.

Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and the intake of certain medications can cause this type of discoloration. Vitamin deficiency, mineral deficiency, intestinal disorders or stress, too, can cause mild to moderate dark spots. Severe dark spots over the body are caused due to health ailments and require medical help to correct the skin condition.

Appropriate diagnosis of the cause of such dark spots can help choose the right treatment.

Skin care professionals suggest bleaching and skin peeling techniques to reduce dark spots and ensure an even complexion. Bleaching and skin peeling can also be done at home with basic ingredients that can improve skin condition and help achieve desired results. Buttermilk applied on affected areas is known to have a bleaching affect on the skin. A Vitamin E capsule mixed with castor oil and applied on pigmented areas to reduce dark spots is also an effective treatment. Make skin peeling scrubs at home by crushing almonds coarsely and mixing it with mild cream or honey. Apply and massage this scrub in circular motion over the face. Allow it to remain on for about 5 minutes or so and then repeat the massage and then rinse it off thoroughly with cold water. Broken wheat or any other cereal ground coarsely will also serve the purpose instead of almonds. However almonds nourish the skin and can benefit the texture and complexion of the skin with regular use. Another effective and simple remedy is the use sugar granules as a scrub. Half a teaspoon of sugar granules can be scrubbed over the face and rinsed with hot and cold water alternatively. The skin of the papaya also makes for an excellent scrub when mixed with fuller’s earth.

IAmHealer
07-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Apple cider vinegar remedy - wash the mole with warm water for 15 to 20 minutes so the skin around the mole becomes supple. Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and leave it on the mole for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash off with clean water and dry the area completely. Repeat this procedure 4 times a day.

Milkweed herb remedy - apply extract of the milkweed herb made into a tea, and leave it on overnight. After a week's treatment, the mole will whiten and gradually disappear.

Baking soda and castor oil - make a paste with a pinch of baking soda and couple of drops of caster oil and apply to the mole overnight. Repeat every night until the moles disappear.

Garlic - cut a single clove into 2 halves and place a slice on the mole so that the cut side is in contact. Leave overnight tied with a cloth bandage. Within 2 to 3 days, the sulphur-rich juices of the garlic will start to remove the mole.

Tincture of Iodine - a nightly application of this tincture over 2 to 3 days will see the gradual disappearance of your mole.

Roasted pomegranate fruit and lime juice - mix equal amounts of these 2 ingredients into a paste and apply to your moles for several nights running.

Aloe Vera gel - use by applying to a mole with a cotton bandage and leave for 3 hours so that it is completely absorbed. Then apply more using a fresh bandage. After several weeks, the moles will have gone.

azucarmoreno
07-25-2010, 12:26 PM
If you want something natural and effective try fresh lemon juice or you can take the lemon slices and rub them directly on the blemishes. It won't take long before you start seeing results. If the lemon is too harsh on your skin you can dilute it with a little bit of water, but it works better with real lemon, not bottled lemon juice or other substitute. Fresh lemon is also good for mosquito and other bug bites to reduce the swelling and itch, and to even out darker skin on nuckles, elbows and knees. Just remember to moisturize your skin afterwards. HTH.