View Full Version : Care Free Curl, S-Curl or Wave Nouveau Users

Vermelha
01-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Are there any naturals (or relaxed/texturized) that use Care Free Curl, S-Curl or Wave Nouveau?

If so, which do you use, what product and what does it do for your hair?

Personally, I'm using Care Free Curl Gold, but I've used S-Curl and Sta-Sof-Fro in the past to keep my hair moist.

leentora
01-05-2010, 05:35 PM
I have used wave nouveau in the past, not all that compare to scurl. To me although WN seen to moisturize I find it sticky and it leaves a slight coating.

But I am mad in love with scurl and I will try care free gold next, never try sta-sof-fro before I may try later on.

LadyDee23
01-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I use S-Curl when I start to get alot of new growth, because It moisturizes my hair really well and It helps me manage my new growth better:)

Saunta2
01-05-2010, 05:50 PM
I gave my mum my care free curl gold to put on her weave,lol. I liked it when I wore my jheri curl but not now, I prefer S-curl both the moisturiser and the gel. The s-curl makes my hair very soft, sometimes I can go for a day without reapplying, it also made my hair look really curly.

chejam
01-06-2010, 05:24 AM
The S-curl would work okay on transition hair, 5 months since applied relaxer...

jusstoya
01-06-2010, 07:50 AM
I'm relaxed and I use s curl, like LD said when im stretching scurl helps to manage my new growth, I can m&s once a week. I tried wv at first and noticed an increase in shedding.

ac22ford
01-15-2010, 07:54 PM
I bought some S-curl 9 days ago and I am just so happy with it. Moisturizes like no other, I was sleeping on this stuff!

PrincessRN
01-16-2010, 11:07 AM
I bought some S-curl 9 days ago and I am just so happy with it. Moisturizes like no other, I was sleeping on this stuff!

awwww AC now you are going to make me go out and by some S-curl, lol!!!! Do you use it on just your new growth or on the relaxed ends too?

hair4me09
01-16-2010, 02:57 PM
I can't say either of those but i do love luster's dry activator spray as well as their steam conditioner

ac22ford
01-16-2010, 03:05 PM
awwww AC now you are going to make me go out and by some S-curl, lol!!!! Do you use it on just your new growth or on the relaxed ends too?

I put it on both, but really concentrate on the new growth. This stuff gets my curls poppin!!!

virtuouswoman
01-16-2010, 06:21 PM
My brother used Sta Sof Fro when he was younger and I would always spray it in my hair lol being bad...but I liked it!

ciara2624
01-20-2010, 07:17 AM
I have used s-curl in the past it kept my hair well moisturized, not sure why I stopped using it... I would like to try wave nouveau.

CREODiiVA
01-20-2010, 12:54 PM
I have used wave nouveau in the past, not all that compare to scurl. To me although WN seen to moisturize I find it sticky and it leaves a slight coating.

But I am mad in love with scurl and I will try care free gold next, never try sta-sof-fro before I may try later on.

WN Can build up in your hair really fast, I love the smell of it though. You have to use alittle of this stuff too much will hurt you trust me I use to get carried away

CREODiiVA
01-20-2010, 12:57 PM
I also liked the Hawaiin Silky Moisturizer .. it worked well ! Didn't leave that sticky mess behind and it smelled great ! I would use this again heres a pic of the bottle

http://img37.imagefra.me/img/img37/2/1/20/sakibaby/f_o95ypk677lkm_034a009.jpg (http://imagefra.me/)

ac22ford
01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
I also liked the Hawaiin Silky Moisturizer .. it worked well ! Didn't leave that sticky mess behind and it smelled great ! I would use this again heres a pic of the bottle

http://img37.imagefra.me/img/img37/2/1/20/sakibaby/f_o95ypk677lkm_034a009.jpg (http://imagefra.me/)

I've heard a lot about this on another forum. They were comparing it to Scurl and a lot of the chicks prefer this one.

Bodybutter
01-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Vermelha, I used them for a short while but found they make my hair gummy and attract lint. I'd rather stay away from the usage. My curls activate just fine with water or Oyin Juices, a rinse out con as leave-in then I seal with oil for a curly fro.

UnderNaps
01-29-2010, 11:45 AM
I use carefree curl. I like the way it keeps my hair moturized (sp?)

Vermelha
01-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Vermelha, I used them for a short while but found they make my hair gummy and attract lint. I'd rather stay away from the usage. My curls activate just fine with water or Oyin Juices, a rinse out con as leave-in then I seal with oil for a curly fro.

Yep, they do. I experienced that after having used CFC. I only use it on special occasions or when I need my hair curly when I'm in a rush. My curls do fine with just oil and water on them as well.

Lady Hawk
01-30-2010, 10:15 AM
..... now you are going to make me go out and by some S-curl, lol!!!!

I need something to tame my new growth, S-curl maybe just what I'm looking for.

PrincessRN
01-31-2010, 11:24 AM
I need something to tame my new growth, S-curl maybe just what I'm looking for.

Let me know if you like it Lady Hawk. I have not tried it yet.

Marsy
01-31-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm relaxed and I used wave nouveau for a few months but wasn't really impressed after a while. I started using S Curl No Drip this month and I must say I love it. My hair is so moisturised after using this, and now it's in braids I use it as a braid spray every couple days. Love it!

Trendolyn
01-31-2010, 07:27 PM
I am on the s-curl bandwagon too.... both the white and blue and the silver and blue bottles.....I also like the gel..... for my edges..... I don't like and will never purchase again WN it's sticky and greasy even when used minimally.... maybe my strands are too fine but it's not my cup of tea.

evanny
01-31-2010, 07:33 PM
I tried WN one time and gave that stuff away. My hair and it did not agree with eachother.

Trendolyn
01-31-2010, 07:37 PM
I tried WN one time and gave that stuff away. My hair and it did not agree with eachother.

nah I don't like it all.... NEVER BUY AGAIN!!!!

leentora
01-31-2010, 08:52 PM
I am on the s-curl bandwagon too.... both the white and blue and the silver and blue bottles.....I also like the gel..... for my edges..... I don't like and will never purchase again WN it's sticky and greasy even when used minimally.... maybe my strands are too fine but it's not my cup of tea.

Welcome abroad to the s-curl club lol

That was the same mess I got, it is sticky and it coats the hair, leaving a film coat behind on both the hair and hands.

nah I don't like it all.... NEVER BUY AGAIN!!!!

Same here I gave the rest to my mom, I don't think mom used it yet and if mom has it must really work for her natural curly hair, as no complaint so far.

GrumpyAlyson06
02-13-2010, 08:41 PM
I use WN sometimes to keep my curls looking moist throughout the day..my only complaint is that it sometimes makes my hair feel sticky... but that's not really a problem since I wash every morning :)

PurplePeony
01-02-2013, 11:29 PM

Me too. I just started using it a month ago & I`m in love!