View Full Version : Your Favorite Wrap & Set Lotions

ShEiSsOiNsAnE
10-30-2009, 05:56 PM
I Have Never Used A Wrap & Set Lotion Before And I Want To Start Trying It. I've Read It Is Thermal Protectant Too So Is It Good For Flat Ironing???

And Has Anyone Tried To Roller Set Natural Hair??? How Did It Come Out???

Post Pics Please!!! :) Thanks To Whoever Reply.

miZZPortah
10-31-2009, 03:26 PM
I use Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion whenever I rollerset at home. I'm not sure what brand they use when I go to the salon and get my touch up. I don't know if wrap lotion is a thermal protectant or not. One thermal protectant that I have been using so far is the Silk Elements and I like that pretty well. I have never roller setted natural hair before but there are some vids on YouTube that show you how. HTH. :)

Nesa3
10-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Just A Quick Question....Is It Okay To Use A Hair Lotion Like Pink Lotion On Your Hair To Moisturize It If You Didnt Want To Use Anything Else

ShEiSsOiNsAnE
11-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Hey Hun Thanks For Replying And The Bb's Wrapping Lotion I Bought Has Thermal Protection So Thats Why I Asked...

And Im Going To Look Up That Silk Elements Thermal Protector...

Bump For For More Posts!

LisaLisa
11-17-2009, 07:33 PM
I like Nairobi Foam Wrap Lotion and Lacio Lacio for my wraps and rollersets.
The Nairobi Foam Wrap is sold out quickly in my town,Ladies buy 2-3 bottles at a time.

evanny
11-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Just A Quick Question....Is It Okay To Use A Hair Lotion Like Pink Lotion On Your Hair To Moisturize It If You Didnt Want To Use Anything Else

Pink lotion is full of cheap fillers that do nothing but clog the pores of your head. It can't moisturize b/c it doesn't have any moisturizing ingredients. The ingredients of the pink lotion just sit on top of the hair and coat it, not allowing any moisture to get into the hair. A lot of people were using it back in the day and felt that they had long hair b/c of it, when in all actuality it was b/c the hair was left alone.

Deionized Water, Mineral Oil, Lanolin, Beeswax, Petrolatum Sodium Benzoate, Sorbitan Oleate, Ethylhexyl Dimethyl PABA, Methylparaben, Propylparabean, Imidazolidine Urea, Fragrance, Red 33

All of the bolded ingredients do nothing for the hair IMO.

kfee2001
03-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Jane Carter Wrap and Roll and Silk Elements for wrapping. For rollersetting proclaim setting lotion from Sally's--the best

naomimaxine927
03-25-2010, 10:22 PM
I use Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion, but I use it for rod sets. My hair holds, but is not crunchy, so I like it.

Dividir
03-30-2010, 01:57 AM
I Have Never Used A Wrap & Set Lotion Before And I Want To Start Trying It. I've Read It Is Thermal Protectant Too So Is It Good For Flat Ironing???

And Has Anyone Tried To Roller Set Natural Hair??? How Did It Come Out???

Post Pics Please!!! :) Thanks To Whoever Reply.

I never had it down as a heat protectant. Get a product that say it does that.

I do use it when I'm flat ironing, but along with heat protectant and aphogee green tea.

I cant give you much advice with the natural hair roller setting, but results come out better if the length of the hair is damp

Most ladies think that stuff is the worst on the shelf. I personally hate it! it leaves my hands and hair feeling weirdly greasy and sticky. And gives a lot of product build up. But if you like it, it is supposed to be a moisturiser. So you can use it as that, and with all that mineral oil in it, it probably seals in one step