View Full Version : Aphogee (PROTEIN) Users, Check in!!!

leentora
09-20-2009, 10:18 PM
This is for the Aphogee users, Treatment for Damaged hair aka: HARDCORE PROTEIN (Aphogee Two-step Prtein Treatment)

We all know Aphogee has two PROTEIN Treatment (Aphogee two-step Protein Treatment & Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Recontructor).

I maybe wrong but I would likemto think that everyone know or have mastered the use of the Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor(MEDIUM PROTEIN)!

So because I would like to believe this; hence I am doing this post on the (HARD CORE) Treatment Aphogee two-step Protein Treatment, I notice a number of people seems to afraid of this treatment so I think this thread may help them out or give info on how to use it.

What kind of shampoo do you use before Aphogee?
I tend to co-wash, but when I use it say prior to my relaxer process, I may use my Keracare 1st lather Shampoo and or Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo!

How often do you use Aphogee?
I used it 2 months ago when I took my braids out and I did my treatment then, but on a normal haircare regime when I have my texalxed hair out I would do it every six weeks (I texalaxed every 3 months so twice within a month period).

What kind of conditioner do you use AFTER Aphogee?
I either use Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer Humectant or Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner or Keracare Intensive Restorative Masque!

Why do you use Aphogee?
To help my hair stay Healthy and Prevent Breakage.

How do you do you use Aphogee (ex: under a dryer, under a plastic cap, whatever)?
I thoroughly saturate my hair with the treatment, try not to over saturate the hair, then I would use my finger gentlely putting the length of my hair on top of my head and sit under my Aphodite Dryer for about 20-30 minutes until the hair is completely dry and hard. DON'T USE plastic caps!

How long after it dries hard do you let your Aphogee stay in?
About 20-30 minutes

Once you rinse your Aphogee out what do you do next?
Apply my Moisturizing Conditioner and put on a steam cap and head back under my dryer for another 30-40 minutes.

Will you recommend Aphogee to anyone? Why or why not?
Yes I would, it is a very good protein treatment and your hair will thank you for it, it is also a cheap protein treatment so anyone can afford it lol it may also be a last resort for some people before cutting.

BHPers, your turn?

CherriPepsi
09-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Obviously I would recommend the Keratin and Green Tea Spray from Aphogee. It's one of the BEST heat treatment sprays to use, especially if you're relaxed and even if you don't use the 2 step of the reconstructor, that spray alone can make a world of difference.

The only thing is you need heat to activate it and reap the full benefits of it. If you're on a challenge, that is problematic but if not, a little bit of heat won't hurt unless your hair is severely damaged (let's hope not).

leentora
09-21-2009, 12:37 AM
SURVEY:

1. What kind of shampoo do you use before Aphogee?

2. How often do you use Aphogee?

3. What kind of conditioner do you use AFTER Aphogee?

4. Why do you use Aphogee?

5. How do you do you use Aphogee (ex: under a dryer, under a plastic cap, whatever)?

6. How long after it dries hard do you let your Aphogee stay in?

7. Once you rinse your Aphogee out what do you do next?

8. Will you recommend Aphogee to anyone? Why or why not?

CherriPepsi
09-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Any that does not make my head itch.

Reconstructor- every 6 weeks or longer.
Keratin and green tea spray- when ever I use a blow dryer.

As with the first question, any that doesn't make my head itch. Aphogee Balancing Moisture is one.

I like it and a little protein isn't too bad.

5. How do you do you use Aphogee (ex: under a dryer, under a plastic cap, whatever)?
Blow drying on occasions but mostly in the wash.

I do not use the 2 step in my hair. It's excessive.

I condition ASAP. May hair thanks me for it.

I recommend it to relaxed heads because I'm tired of seeing dull lifeless hair for those of you NOT IN THE KNOW!!!! Naturals are NOT exempt. Get the reconstructor. Some protein can help with hair woes too. Everyone who blow dries or uses heat should have the keratin/green tea spray. That alone is a mild, light protein treatment.

Vermelha
09-21-2009, 07:24 PM
What kind of shampoo do you use before Aphogee?
Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo. Something with SLS in it, not SLES or ALS. Anything with a very high pH will do.

How often do you use Aphogee?
Whenever I've experienced breakage. It's not frequent that I get breakage, but when it happens, I take care of it.

What kind of conditioner do you use AFTER Aphogee?
ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer and/or Silk Elements MoistureSilk Moisturizing Treatment. Anything with enough slip and emollients and especially something w/o cones.

Why do you use Aphogee?
To maintain my hair's keratin structure, which is important to keeping hair growing long and healthy.

How do you do you use Aphogee (ex: under a dryer, under a plastic cap, whatever)?

APPLICATION
I put about 4-5 oz of the treatment in a spray bottle, diluted with water 1:1, and saturate the hair with the treatment in the shower after detangling.

How long after it dries hard do you let your Aphogee stay in?
15 minutes at the most.

Once you rinse your Aphogee out what do you do next?
I rinse well under tepid shower water, then apply the Balancing Moisturizer and/or another intensive moisturizing treatment.

Will you recommend Aphogee to anyone? Why or why not?
I recommend it only to those who either a.) are serious about hair care or b.) have the time to do it correctly. I don't recommend it to those who are very lax about hair care. I recommend it most to those who actually style their hair, use heat, color, etc.

I especially recommend it to those who use ANY chemical process. As a natural, I can't imagine how my hair would be without the treatment, so I definitely can't imagine one who uses chemicals not using this treatment as an advantage.

evanny
09-21-2009, 08:18 PM
I can't post in here now, b/c I am about to cook, but I'm reserving my spot. :D

Okay I'm back and here we go:

SURVEY:

1. What kind of shampoo do you use before Aphogee? I clarify my hair with suave clarifying shampoo, then follow up with Aphogee's Deep moisture Shampoo or Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo.

2. How often do you use Aphogee? I use it 3 or 4 days before every relaxer and I relax every 11 weeks now. :D Yay me!!

3. What kind of conditioner do you use AFTER Aphogee? I use my LOVELY deep conditioner, Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin with honey and oils mixed in it. DELICIOSO!

4. Why do you use Aphogee? I've used it to correct damaged hair since I was a child. It's never let me down.

5. How do you do you use Aphogee (ex: under a dryer, under a plastic cap, whatever)? I use it under the dryer. No cap b/c the treatment is meant to work with heat to make the hair hard so that the protein can "bond" with the hair.

6. How long after it dries hard do you let your Aphogee stay in? As soon as my hair is completely hard and feels dry all the way through I immediately rinse it out. I have to b/c I sat under the dryer for so long and my neck is hot. LOL! :p

7. Once you rinse your Aphogee out what do you do next? I allow the water to soften my hair. I don't touch it at all until the water has made my hair completely soft. After the hair is soft, I then touch my hair to make sure the water has gotten out all of the hard spots. I then proceed to DC my hair. Without heat. I can't take anymore heat after that. It's VERY important to follow up Aphogee with a moisturizing DC, or there's a possibility that it will cause breakage instead of stop breakage.

8. Will you recommend Aphogee to anyone? Why or why not? I sure would! When used the correct way, Aphogee works wonders at stopping breakage and even hair loss! My niece used to lose all of the hair around her edges with every relaxer. Since I started using Aphogee on her, I finally got my sister to listen to me, she has kept her edges and all of the progress that she has made with her hair! It's made breakage with my hair virtually non existent and whenever I get a relaxer now, I lose VERY little hair. One time, I didn't lose any hair at all!

leentora
09-21-2009, 08:20 PM
I can't post in here now, b/c i am about to cook, but I'm reserving my spot. :D

lmao you are a trip you also need to reserve your spot over on the INVENTORY post too :D :p

BritishPound
09-22-2009, 06:13 AM
Usually CON Blue or Elasta QP Creme Conditioning

Every 6 weeks and 1 week before my relaxer

The balancing moisturiser and one of my usual DCs

To strengthen my hair and bring it back to health. It was Ateya on Youtube i heard about if from like alot of other newbies

Under a dryer

I usually wash it out as soon as it hardens, but the last time i did it, i left it another 10mins before i washed it out

Apply the balancing moisturiser and then do a moisturising DC, and the rest of my usual regimen

8. Will you recommend Aphogee to anyone? Why or why not
DEFINATELY ... IMO as long as you follow the instructions there are no problems, i cant see what there is to be scared of

evanny
09-22-2009, 10:48 AM
I added my answers now. :)

Sugardime_30
10-22-2009, 01:01 AM
1. What kind of shampoo do you use before Aphogee?Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged hair
2. How often do you use Aphogee? every 6-8 weeks

3. What kind of conditioner do you use AFTER Aphogee? I use the Aphogee Balancing Conditioner and then DC w/Elasta QP DPR-11.
4. Why do you use Aphogee? I use it to treat breakage and stregthen my hair.
5. How do you do you use Aphogee (ex: under a dryer, under a plastic cap, whatever)? I used it under a hooded dryer without a plastic cap.

6. How long after it dries hard do you let your Aphogee stay in? I usually rinse it out right after.
7. Once you rinse your Aphogee out what do you do next? I use the Aphogee Balancing conditioner and then deep condition with Elasta QP DPR-11for 20mins
Yes, I would recommend Aphogee. With this product I get results. I had serious breakage and could not find anything that would stop my hair from breaking off. Since I have been using Ahpogee the breakage has stopped and I am able to retain length.

PurplePeony
01-02-2013, 06:15 PM
I`m skeered to try Aphogee 2 step :p
I think Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor is enough for me

evanny
01-04-2013, 07:16 PM
The 2 Step treatment isn't that bad. It's just messy. As long as you use a moisturizing DC afterward you should be fine.

PurplePeony
01-04-2013, 07:31 PM
The 2 Step treatment isn't that bad. It's just messy. As long as you use a moisturizing DC afterward you should be fine.

my sis "borrowed" my stand dryer over a year ago so now i don`t have one. don`t I need a dryer?

My hair is ok right now tho. I don`t think I need anything too strong right now.

denalove
01-04-2013, 09:48 PM
my sis "borrowed" my stand dryer over a year ago so now i don`t have one. don`t I need a dryer?

My hair is ok right now tho. I don`t think I need anything too strong right now.

yea, I did one on my dd's hair a few months ago and you do need a dryer.
I think you can sit under one, but it says to use a hand dryer.

ch1
04-04-2013, 04:58 PM
I've finally managed to find a pack of this 2 step treatment! - not many stores stock it in my town, don't feel I need it yet but if or when myself or my daughter does I know exactly how to use it now

Thanks y'all :)

CherriPepsi
04-14-2013, 01:11 PM
yea, I did one on my dd's hair a few months ago and you do need a dryer.
I think you can sit under one, but it says to use a hand dryer.

I've read the stories. It's faster to use one.