View Full Version : Hair styles for 8-10 year olds

denalove
02-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I need some suggestions (please no braids) for how to style an eight year old hair. NO perm just natural hair. She is at that awkward stage and needs some cute but no so mature look. Please download pics. THANKS!:rolleyes:

shay2biz
08-06-2008, 10:07 AM
I don't really know but you can go to babycenter.com and in the search engine type in interracial families and go to there hair thread and I am sure they will help you.

denalove
08-07-2008, 08:48 AM
thanks i am a member of babycenter!

Kalika1
01-06-2009, 05:12 PM
flat twist on the top loose girls in the back are cute.

bangs area pulled up into a clip, hair parted in the middle back of head (or in zig zag shape for extra design) and pulled into two lower puffs depending on the length of her hair. ( or straight pig tails if her hair is straight)

part the hair down the middle of the back of head. do two flat twists both facing inwards. pulling the hair upwards. draw the hair together secure with pony tail holder. style the top of pony tail in curls or afro puffs depending on hair type. It's also cute if you heighten the bang area slightly and fasten a stylish clip to add some definition in the front.

antoinette
01-22-2009, 02:10 PM
twist! my daughter is 9 and i twist her hair! she loves braids and she likes me to straighten her hair but its too much for me to braid it! it takes too long to take them out! try flat twisting the front in a design and twist the back! it last about 2 weeks!

Tall, Black Canadian
01-22-2009, 02:25 PM
I know you said no braids, but when my niece was that age range she loved french braids with the ends left loose and a ribbon tied on the ends. Kind of like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. My daughter likes them too for swimming.

denalove
01-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Thanks ladies....oh, and TBC I remember my mom fixing my hair in that very style when I was a little girl...that is a cute type of braid that would look cute on my dd!!

choxie
06-11-2009, 07:29 AM
I don't really know but you can go to babycenter.com and in the search engine type in interracial families and go to there hair thread and I am sure they will help you.

OOOh, I went here and got so many new ideas for hair styles.

Come next year, my 8 year old will be Mis Thang at school.

choxie
06-11-2009, 10:13 AM
I know that this is old thread, but I went to babycenter.com and from there, it seems like a whole new world of hairstyles just opened up to me.

I ended up at Hairstyles For Girls - The Story Of A Princess And Her Hair (http://hair4myprincess.blogspot.com/) and have found many hairstyles for my soon to be 8 yo. She loves the look and I think a lot of them are very adaptable for her hair.

This lady loves to braid and cornrow and do all kinds of styles I just don't see all the time. Also I am viewing her video of fishbone/fishtail braiding.

We will be set this year come school time.

And a lot of the styles lend themselves to the summer.

tyff says WHOA
12-14-2009, 04:55 PM
A really cute hair style is tying the hair up to the side & rather then having it be a straight or loose pony tail, have the hair puffed out and pulling a bang out & doing a loose spiral curl to the side (the opposite side from the side with the pony tail). It looks really cute.

sacim03
07-28-2010, 04:16 AM
When we are discussing about kids haircuts, we have to think about it's cuteness and comfort. It should have to be fashionable still having a haircut that is easy to manage in the mornings before bringing them to kindergarten or school. With a well chosen hairstyle, our kids will really look like little angels.

I think bob cut hair or some short haircut which could be a little past over the ears and shoulder length hairstyles which can be tied up in ponytails or pigtails.

katycat2012
12-14-2010, 08:53 AM
try some loose if the girl is around 8 years old

BrownGirlsHair
01-06-2011, 10:22 AM
My daughter is 6. When she turns 8, I will probably use more flexi rod styles. For example, you can do the simple zig zag part down the middle and fexi rod the pony tails.
Here's an example of the zig zag part

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/browngirlshair/4976983640/in/set-72157624923976430/)
Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/browngirlshair/5164889068/in/set-72157625355846286/)

or you can try this one
Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/browngirlshair/5185388970/in/set-72157625287229731/)
Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/browngirlshair/5184788335/in/set-72157625287229731/)

sevenseasspasalon
01-24-2011, 12:30 AM
I think many new ideas for hair styles you are go to youtube.com and search many new hair style also go search engine and see more options.

MrsKC
01-25-2011, 12:30 PM

:D Excellent! My 10 and 11 year old are due for new hairstyles. Thank you!

Sidewinder Hairholders
02-08-2011, 04:05 PM
My web site, hairholders.com, has a unique hair accessory for girls that is an alternative to barrettes, beads, hair clips. They come in many colors and can be worn with or without braids. At the site there is a hairstyle gallery with many photos of hairstyles. You can also check out the "video gallery" for demonstrations on how to use the holders.

BrownGirlsHair
10-18-2011, 02:02 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/appleseyedesigns/Anaya061-1.jpg

you can watch the tutorial of how to do it here

Natural Up Do for Girls Tutorial - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcuHqZfCjSk)

i'd love to know if your daughter likes it!

godiva
10-19-2011, 07:16 AM
^That is really cute, BGH.

sojournerc
11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
My 9-y/o daughter must be the most tender-headed child on the planet. She is extremely sensitive to many stimuli. Doing *anything* to her hair (brushing, oiling her scalp, any kind of combing, etc.) produces a meltdown. On two different occasions, neighbors have come to my door asking if everything is okay -- that's how loud she screams. (For the record: I *know* how to comb hair gently and properly, my older daughters haven't had these issues. I am not an overly-permissive mama, and threats, etc., do not help in the least. This is not a child-discipline issue.)

This has gotten to be a real problem because it's difficult to keep her hair healthy. Also, she's getting to the age where she is sensitive about her appearance, yet she cannot tolerate the kind of hair styling that most African-American girls and women are accustomed to.

Her hair is moderately thick and kinky -- I think it would be called 4-C type -- and it's quite fragile. I've attached a pic.

I have considered a perm but don't want to risk damage to her hair. We tried the Brazilian Blowout keratin treatment. It helped but did not tame her hair sufficiently.

I've tried braids -- doing it myself or having a professional do it. She cannot tolerate the tugging on her scalp. She does not want me to cut it all off and leave her with a teeny-tiny Afro.

Short of finding do-it-yourself anesthesia so I can knock her out while I take care of her hair, I'm at my wit's end. Suggestions, please!

mmahk
03-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Does anyone have any ideas and example "how to" directions or videos for natural styles for a boy?

My son wants to grow his hair natural and have it look something like Jaden Smith's hair in the "Pursuit of Happyness" or he wants what looks like small twists.

Do I just let his hair go (no brushing or combing) to get the Jaden Smith look in "P of H"?

Any ideas for hair styles and directions on how to accomplish would be great!

Thanks!

juliarobbert
03-19-2012, 02:36 AM
Infact It depends on the shape of the girls face and also the length of her hair. I personally like Long layered with some flare going in for 8-10 years old girls. I got lots of new ideas for my 8 years old niece hair style. Her mother always makes French braid but I donít like braid. I will apply all these new ideas on her hairs.

beauty123
04-07-2012, 08:24 AM
I like the short hair style

beauty123
04-16-2012, 05:14 AM
I love straight hair,straight is always the fashion hairstyle.

mylaylique
06-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Hello everyone! This site is new to me and this is my first post. I'm at this stage too with my oldest daughter, she'll be 11 soon. Ponytails still look cute on my 7 1/2 year old daughter but too babyish on her. I would like to find cute, natural styles that are age appropriate and not too grown-up.

denalove
06-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Hello everyone! This site is new to me and this is my first post. I'm at this stage too with my oldest daughter, she'll be 11 soon. Ponytails still look cute on my 7 1/2 year old daughter but too babyish on her. I would like to find cute, natural styles that are age appropriate and not too grown-up.

Welcome to BHP!

BrazilianH
09-26-2012, 07:43 AM
I am sorry, I don't really know but you can go to brazilianhairinc.com get more stylist hair extensions. I am sure they will help you.

brzhairreviews
11-15-2012, 12:00 AM
I don't really know but i hope simple hair style is best for 8-10 y.o. boys. If you visit brazhair.com get more hair style format.

wowzakid123
11-25-2012, 08:34 AM
cool, really helped

rohanjain
05-15-2014, 02:56 AM
You can make different hair style for kids.Now,You can search various hair style at different sites.Like-www.cutegirlhairstlyes.com