View Full Version : Does anyone use the Pantene products for relaxed and natural hair?

1me
06-22-2009, 01:37 PM
I saw this product and I was thinking of trying it out. Does anyone have any information on these products?:)

Halibel
06-22-2009, 05:19 PM
I tried this product out a couple years ago and I must say..........Its blows! LOL! Well at least for my hair it did. My hair lacked the moisture and all that other good stuff it promised for 'our hair'.

It was a FAIL for me. :(

But one woman's trash conditioner, is another woman's treasure. :)
Maybe you should still try it out, it could work wonders for you though. :)

evanny
06-22-2009, 05:24 PM
I bought the conditioner and it was just ok for me. Now the regular pantene conditioners are very good with my hair. There are other ladies here that use it and love it though. It's cheap enough to try out IMO. That way if you don't like it, you can use it in cowashes or mix it with other conditioners for a DC treatment until it's gone and you won't be upset b/c it only costs about $4 at the most.

Halibel
06-22-2009, 05:48 PM
I bought the conditioner and it was just ok for me. Now the regular pantene conditioners are very good with my hair. There are other ladies here that use it and love it though. It's cheap enough to try out IMO. That way if you don't like it, you can use it in cowashes or mix it with other conditioners for a DC treatment until it's gone and you won't be upset b/c it only costs about $4 at the most.

I agree, some of the other pantene conditioners are very delicious. :D

PrincessRN
06-22-2009, 06:17 PM
I was excited when it first came out because of how everyone loves the regular pantene so I tried it and was majorly disappointed. The shampoo left my hair feeling very "weighed down" and not really clean. The conditioner is full of alcohol and dried my hair out, I could not even style it properly because my ends were sticking straight out and I could not tame them after using this product.

It just didn't work for me, but I know there are many who use this product and have good results. I agree with Evanny that it is cheap enough to try without feeling like you wasted a lot of money. Good luck :)

Saunta2
06-22-2009, 07:40 PM

$4:eek:
$4:mad:

That is only Bds $8 but in stores it costs Bds$16.
$4:confused: Ooooooooh these thieves.

Halibel
06-22-2009, 07:53 PM
I was excited when it first came out because of how everyone loves the regular pantene so I tried it and was majorly disappointed. The shampoo left my hair feeling very "weighed down" and not really clean. The conditioner is full of alcohol and dried my hair out, I could not even style it properly because my ends were sticking straight out and I could not tame them after using this product.

It just didn't work for me, but I know there are many who use this product and have good results. I agree with Evanny that it is cheap enough to try without feeling like you wasted a lot of money. Good luck :)

co-sign to that. :(

Sorry to hear that. :(

The regular bottles out here cost around $4 or $5 bucks....the family size bottles cost $8

creolesugar
06-22-2009, 08:22 PM
I used to.

I loved the way the daily oil moisturizer made my hair smell

ppl said they did, too, bc it was like hair perfume and they could smell my hair from a long ways away haha

Halibel
06-22-2009, 08:36 PM
I used to.

I loved the way the daily oil moisturizer made my hair smell

ppl said they did, too, bc it was like hair perfume and they could smell my hair from a long ways away haha

Maybe I will look into the moisturizer...i like perfumey smelling hair. :)

evanny
06-22-2009, 08:40 PM

WHAT?! :eek: In Colorado it's $4 for the medium size bottle and $6 for the big bottle. That's highway robbery!!!

Halibel
06-22-2009, 08:53 PM
^^ LMAO!!!!

Out here BLUE MAGIC cost $3.99....smh haha

evanny
06-22-2009, 08:55 PM
^^ LMAO!!!!

Out here BLUE MAGIC cost $3.99....smh haha

What?! They're crazy!! Blue Magic isn't worth $4 IMO. That's some hot garbage.

Vermelha
06-22-2009, 09:17 PM

I almost said a bad word reading that! OMG....

Halibel
06-23-2009, 12:12 AM

I almost said a bad word reading that! OMG....

I know ladies...these BBS are a hot mess selling blue magic at that price.....I remember when it used to be a $1 when I was little. :rolleyes:

lamaria211
06-23-2009, 02:11 PM
it seemed like it coated my hair with a film that i didnt like

virtuouswoman
06-25-2009, 03:58 AM
it weighs my hair down but its smells wonderful and it leaves my hair feeling good, i used to use it on my sewins too

I know ladies...these BBS are a hot mess selling blue magic at that price.....I remember when it used to be a $1 when I was little. :rolleyes:

I know right!!! Graa-ma would flip out if she had to pay over a dollar for some blue magic!!!

Halibel
06-25-2009, 04:53 AM
it weighs my hair down but its smells wonderful and it leaves my hair feeling good, i used to use it on my sewins too

I know right!!! Graa-ma would flip out if she had to pay over a dollar for some blue magic!!!

LMAO! blue magic think they got it like that now. :rolleyes:

CherriPepsi
06-25-2009, 11:14 PM
My cousin's mother told us to use regular Pantene and to leave this one in the store. Thinking about it and the trial and error we went through, she was right. Regular Pantene is way better.

virtuouswoman
06-25-2009, 11:39 PM
LMAO! blue magic think they got it like that now. :rolleyes:

Lol I know, tryna act all Brand new!!!!

My cousin's mother told us to use regular Pantene and to leave this one in the store. Thinking about it and the trial and error we went through, she was right. Regular Pantene is way better.

I have yet to try the regular pantene....does it smell as good??? lol

evanny
06-26-2009, 08:33 AM
I have yet to try the regular pantene....does it smell as good??? lol

To me it does. I love the smell of the revive and restore conditioners.

smarshall
06-26-2009, 05:54 PM
I don't like that line. None of the products were as good as advertised. They made my hair feel hard, and the moisturizer made my hair heavy and wet. The Pantene Nature Fusion line is wonderful. I use that now, until I get some more of my Nexxus Products. But is a great line, my hair stays softer and manageable longer.

lamaria211
07-07-2009, 06:58 AM
can any one help me identify my hair type

lilo moon
07-07-2009, 08:05 PM
use the search keyword newbie. at the end of the newbie guide to hair care. she got pics and types. There's a couple of places I think. That's where I first say it.

dymbhp
07-10-2009, 02:46 PM
I tried it b/c it was supposed to be for relaxed hair. Sure didn't seem that way. I found it to be drying.

My husband uses it but you cant' judge him b/c he has a 1/4 of a 1/4 of an inch of hair.:D

evanny
07-10-2009, 07:41 PM
I tried it b/c it was supposed to be for relaxed hair. Sure didn't seem that way. I found it to be drying.

My husband uses it but you cant' judge him b/c he has a 1/4 of a 1/4 of an inch of hair.:D

ROFL!!! That's too funny! :D

dancerTJ
07-13-2009, 12:19 PM
I found Pantene product very drying to my hair.. I stay away from Pantene. Run, Forrest, Run!!!

chuckysmom
08-26-2009, 09:11 AM
I used to use it years ago until I found out when I was in beauty school that it supposedly has floor polish in it and that's what weighs your hair down.

chocohippie
08-26-2009, 10:27 AM
This product sucks. I tried it like 2 years ago. My friends swear by it because it is in a brown bottle and is for black women b/c of the name on the bottle. I have used this one and the regular pantene...and they both sucked. Why? B/c they use the same products, just marketed differently! smh

ysm
09-13-2009, 07:22 PM
This product sucks. I tried it like 2 years ago. My friends swear by it because it is in a brown bottle and is for black women b/c of the name on the bottle. I have used this one and the regular pantene...and they both sucked. Why? B/c they use the same products, just marketed differently! smh

WHAT?!!! :eek: I didn't know that. Now I feel like I've been conned.
The R&N works well for me, but then so did the regular conditioner. I never used their shampoos, only the conditioners.

ysm
09-13-2009, 07:25 PM

Yep. They use pretty much the same ingredients, just in different amounts.
Even though I like the product, I still feel like I've been conned. :mad:

evanny
09-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Yep. They use pretty much the same ingredients, just in different amounts.
Even though I like the product, I still feel like I've been conned. :mad:

ITA with Chocohippie. It is the same product so you should feel conned. I know I did. It's the same crap and they're charging us more for the brown bottle and the name of the product. Oh and let's not forget the adding or petroleum b/c we all know how expensive that is. :rolleyes:

shristychandran
09-21-2009, 09:48 AM
I saw this product and I was thinking of trying it out. Does anyone have any information on these products?:)

Pantene products are good, no doubt, but depends a lot on your hair structure, many of my clients are happy about the products, myself had used it for many years

Siberia_McLean
10-19-2009, 01:34 PM
I used to use it, and my hair was just dull, dry and lifeless. It NEVER looked the women in the commerical hair looks.

lamaria211
11-13-2009, 09:33 AM
i want the anti breakage hair mask does anyone have it and can post the ingredients

nuBUN princess23
11-13-2009, 11:48 AM
i used the pantene pro ve for relaxed and natural and i liked it at first but after a whiloe it was like it was building a film on my hair n it felt very greasy... i too experienced the wet weighed down hair feeling n i stopped using the mosturizer and shampoo... the conditioner is goodfor cowashes i found... al;though i havent tried the hair mask for relaxed and natural i did try the hair mask for pantene beautiful lengths and that was actually pretty good i would mix it up with vo5 n some oils n let it sit under a shower cap for a loong time and the results turned out pretty good wen i washed

Sharii16
11-13-2009, 01:45 PM
i used patene....it left my hair feeling clean and all i can say is that i loved it !! i would absolutely try it!

sweets
02-11-2010, 08:10 PM
I tried a sample and i wasn't wowed at all....

naomimaxine927
02-11-2010, 08:45 PM
I think I have, but I can't say I remember how it left my hair feeling.

hanna_light
02-13-2010, 11:08 AM
My hair hates it

runningurl
04-13-2010, 11:03 PM
I use it when my hair is curly and find it helps cut down on frizzy ends but it weighs my hair down to much when I flat iron it. I use the pantene moisture renewal when my hair is straight. I think the people that formulated this for black hair only took into account that our hair needs moisture but didn't account for the fact that we still don't want oily looking limp hair.

evanny
04-14-2010, 06:33 AM
I use it when my hair is curly and find it helps cut down on frizzy ends but it weighs my hair down to much when I flat iron it. I use the pantene moisture renewal when my hair is straight. I think the people that formulated this for black hair only took into account that our hair needs moisture but didn't account for the fact that we still don't want oily looking limp hair.

So true!! It's either that or they didn't care. lol

leentora
04-14-2010, 07:31 AM
I like this conditioner, I use it for co-wash, it works well for me as I very thick texture - so both the moisturizing and oil element are brilliant. I would buy again.

Iwanthealthyhair67
04-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Used it liked it but I'm end up using the CON or Garnier more

naomimaxine927
04-14-2010, 01:17 PM

Lmao, Back in the day when I was young and natural, my mother used that stuff to hot comb my hair:p

naomimaxine927
04-14-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't own it, but I have used it recently, and I kind of liked it, my hair felt soft and coated, but in a good way, at least I think so lol.

gkeenan
11-02-2010, 02:27 PM
This line is all over youtube, seems as if many have had great results with it, I have some at home but have moved ont o the Mizani line

Halibel
11-02-2010, 02:36 PM
hated it when i was relaxed.....might work well as a natural.....hmmmmm.

denalove
11-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Hated it!!

mika227
11-15-2010, 06:21 PM
I use the conditioner... it makes my hair extremely soft and manageable.

eyekandy22
11-15-2010, 06:29 PM
The ingredients in the shampoo made me cry :crying:: Pantene Pro-V Relaxed & Natural Intensive Moisturizing Shampoo
Ingredients: Water, Petrolatum, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Lauric Acid, Trihedroxystearin, Fragrance, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Guar Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, PEG-14M.

I used a shampoo with petrolatum once (Kronos trial)- it was awful and drying- so I can't try this one out.

The conditioner looks alright- I stay away from cones- I did an experiment when I had relaxed hair tho- CWed daily for a week with cone filled CW- my hair turned into hay. Took a good 2 weeks of shampoos and DC to turn back into hair.

Pantene Pro-V Relaxed & Natural Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner
Ingredients: water, stearyl alcohol, dimethicone, behentrimonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, coconut oil-cocos nucifera, jojoba seed oil-simmondsia chinensis, fragrance, panthenyl ethyl ether, panthenol, lysine HCL, methyl tyrosinate HCL, histidine, disodium EDTA, sodium hydroxide, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone and benzyl alcohol.

NappyNSilky
01-18-2011, 01:24 AM
I luv'd it when I was natural...aside from it smelling great, it doesnt really have the same effect on my hair relaxed the way the regular pantene does. I do use the setting lotion tho

passion4hair
01-19-2011, 08:49 PM
The shampoo left my hair feeling hard and it still didn't feel clean. The conditioner is ok but it did weigh my hair down a little. The only pro is the smell.

arjhay101
01-20-2011, 12:47 AM
I had used pantene shampoo for my hair . But just like any other ordinary brands !

Blackhair101
03-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Pantene Relaxed and Natural was an epic fail for me. The ingredients were all wrong.. it was just terrible!

HonnyBrown
05-19-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm a big fan of Pantene, but this line did nothing for my hair. I don't remember why; I tried it when it first came out.

moniquekeller
02-02-2012, 06:24 AM
its really not for black hair it lacks the moister we need

Lavae'
12-29-2013, 06:35 PM
i have started a new youtube channel called beauty is of the brown girl it is about black hair and black beauty and would love for you women to bring me topics that i can talk about on my channel. keep in mind i am new but tomorrow i have nothing to do so i am going to hit the ground running my goal is to post 3 videos plus a "get to know me video"
Thanks ladies and remember we are all beautiful

catgoines1
01-07-2014, 10:15 PM
I dont think so but i know a great product line Nu-Gro Naturals. Try their website out at Nu-Gro Naturals.com

catgoines1
01-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Try Nu-Gro Naturals!

catgoines1
01-07-2014, 10:17 PM
You should try Nu-Gro Naturals the products a truely all naturals hair care products!!!

catgoines1
01-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Sounds like you should Try a all natural product line Nu-gro naturals is great!!!!!

catgoines1
01-07-2014, 10:19 PM
I know what you mean. I tried a great all natural product line called Nu-Gro naturals you should check it out!!!

qp88
03-09-2014, 09:50 AM
I know what you mean. I tried a great all natural product line called Nu-Gro naturals you should check it out!!!

Could you please advice whether it is possible to order these products through the internet?

akclinics
05-24-2014, 03:36 AM
Their are so many products for moisturizer hairs so your can chose best from products. so what is your favorite for best hairs ...