View Full Version : Whats the best black hair relaxers?

babybear
02-19-2008, 12:30 PM
I looking to change my hair relaxers to something more natural. I would like a good produt that has an array of more natural ingrediants.

denalove
02-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Mizani is good..not the most natural but gentle, yet effective. I cannot tell that there are many relaxers for black hair that are natural. Relaxers tend to be loaded with chemicals by nature.

jessicag
03-01-2008, 07:37 PM
The best that I've found is Motions. One thing that I've noticed with Motions is that it works better if you use only products from their line. It leaves my hair soft and fully of body and shine. At first, I only used the Motions relaxer, but used a different brand of shampoo and conditioner and it didn't work out too well.

REESE
03-07-2008, 10:53 PM
At School We Use Affirm, It Is A Professional Product And As Mentioned When Used With It's Entire Line Tends To Render More Results. I Grew My Hair All Natural To Get All Affirm, Changing Your Relaxer Is Not The Best For Your Hair. When Choosing A Relaxer Just Stick To Ones That Are Ph Balanced 4.5-5.5 Dudley Is A Black Owned Compnay And Their Relaxers Are Formulated For Our Hair With The Proper Ph

The Anti Hair Slave
03-11-2008, 11:42 AM
I use Cream of nature. the one with the sunflower oil in it.

Dividir
03-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Im not sure if it will work but you can always try mixing your own oil into a relaxer.

Use a milder version or try other methods of getting your hair straight.

Why do you want a more natural relaxer? As there might be options available to help you achieve what you are looking to achieve.

babybear
03-11-2008, 06:57 PM
I felt that chemical burns and the harshness of some relaxers would go away if I went with another milder natural relaxer.

The Anti Hair Slave
03-12-2008, 07:56 PM
I never experienced chemical burns so I don't know.

The Anti Hair Slave
03-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Maybe you are using a relaxer that is too strong for you. I would recommend something for a sensitive scalp. Make sure you base you scalp very well also (get someone to help you if you do it yourself) If your stylist doesn't base you ...run! Just kidding...well actually you might want to go to someone else because protecting the scalp is very important. The word "natural" in front of relaxer is kind of funny, not to laugh at you, but there really is no natural relaxer :( they all have chemicals. If I were you I would try strecthing my relaxer until all signs of scalp damage are fully healed. Consult a pro tho ... seriously because relaxers are chemicals.

Dividir
03-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Are you self relaxing or going to the salon?

Miss D
05-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Affirm is by far the BEST Relaxer for Black hair! They hold a line of products that target black hair! When using the full product line you will see great results. Fiberguard is the best for color treated hair it leaves body and bounce in the hair. Unlike Mazian will get your hair super straight but not the healthiest. I live by Affirm their whole line Their color system is the only color system that has a patent to add oils in the hair shaft while removing pigment! Gotta Try it not try it use it. Hair~Am Custom Lace Front Wigs (http://www.APrincesspalace.com)

chocolate_gurl
05-19-2008, 08:25 PM
i just switched to organic root stimulator in november of 2007 and i love the change in my hair. my hair is getting thicker and stronger.

brownbabydoll
06-03-2008, 08:54 AM
i just switched to organic root stimulator in november of 2007 and i love the change in my hair. my hair is getting thicker and stronger.

I am currently using ORS Regular Lye as well (to texlax) but I'm thinking of switching because I've been experiencing some shedding. I think it's assocciated with the relaxer. If it wasn't for that, I would stick with ORS. I love the other results it gives.

I think I may go back to Hawaiian Silky (old faithful) or try Silk Elements.

sskelsey
06-04-2008, 04:51 PM
I looking to change my hair relaxers to something more natural. I would like a good produt that has an array of more natural ingrediants.

I really like Vitale. I used it for years and never had a problem.

VitalePro : Home (http://vitalepro.com/)

Ashfast
06-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Most def Mizani then Affirm

Ashfast
06-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Mizani had y hair feeling like silk when i had a relaxer, I mean just like a white girls

leentora
06-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Definately Affirm, I use the Affirm Fiberguard as I have hightlights, its by far the best, as mentioned before you have to use the other products with it also.

Prior to this I use to use soft & beautiful, itis ok but I am sticking with the Avlon line of products.

DivaHair
06-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Most def Mizani then Affirm

Since you have tried everything, have you tried Diva By Cindy? See product line at
The Ultimate Store @ sheilasultimatestore.com, Get Divalicious Hair! (http://www.sheilasultimatestore.com) :)

Dividir
06-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Im not saying its the best, but people really hate motions, and I still dont understand why.

Are they using it properly?

Motions tell you: relax, rinse out thoroughly (without shampoo), condition, shampoo, condition.

Now in my books that should be a good relaxer, but only if you follow the instructions properly. I am not a grat tester of relaxers, call me crazy, but ORS olive oil never worked for me

lkkbp
06-29-2008, 08:49 PM
I just start to use Nairobi lye relaxer waiting to see how i goes.

lkkbp
06-29-2008, 08:50 PM
I just switched to a lye relaxer (Nairobi) waiting to see How it goes

browneyedgirl
07-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Just switched to Designer's Touch, it's okay for now.

ritarose
08-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Organic Root is the one I have been using. My ideal is Design Essentials that I get at the salon but since the funds are tight I have been forced to do my hair! I get a great deal of compliments so I will continue using ORS

CherriPepsi
08-12-2008, 12:15 AM
I've had motions used in my hair with no problems until other people besides my cousin's mother applied it to hair. That's when I got some serious damage. I think motions is a good relaxer as long as you use it properly

rrrucker21
08-28-2008, 12:10 PM
I am a person who does switch up my relaxers however since joining here I understand that is not a good idea? :confused:

Anywho... The one I swear by, espiclaly those who are burn prone, is Soft & Beautiful® Botanicals™ Relaxers. I used to be very prone to burning and had to be SUPER deligent about not upsetting my scalp before a relaxer but since using this for the past couple of years, I rarely have burns if at all!

My last relaxer I used Optimum Care Anti-Breakage Relaxer and it was great! They have a bottle of fused oil that you mix into the relaxer which really seemed to give my hair a lot of body and softness. Highly recommend!

kita
08-31-2008, 06:53 AM
Im not saying its the best, but people really hate motions, and I still dont understand why.

Are they using it properly?

Motions tell you: relax, rinse out thoroughly (without shampoo), condition, shampoo, condition.

Now in my books that should be a good relaxer, but only if you follow the instructions properly. I am not a grat tester of relaxers, call me crazy, but ORS olive oil never worked for me

Dividir, I understand rise out thoroughly without shampoo , but it seems as if you would want to shampoo thereafter to neutralize then condition. Why condition before you shampoo (neutralize). I got to read up on that, because I am going to relax today. I am looking for a relaxer.

Pharoahs_Angel
09-07-2008, 08:01 AM
I LOVE "Silk Elements with Shea Butter" relaxer. My other 2 faves are "Mizani & Affirm".

allset
09-07-2008, 09:38 AM
I love Affirm but I can only get that at the salon and of course the funds are not available.

Sunshyne
09-07-2008, 01:17 PM
I've used motions super strength with no problems. Nu expressions is a good one too. These are all lye relaxers that my stylists use.

leentora
09-07-2008, 01:38 PM
I love Affirm but I can only get that at the salon and of course the funds are not available.

Allset you can buy it anywhere I buy the 5lb from the USA and get it shipped to me, if you want the details just PM, gurl I understand about the salon price in getting a perm, especially when you request a certain relaxer to be use on your hair :eek:

Dividir
09-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Dividir, I understand rise out thoroughly without shampoo , but it seems as if you would want to shampoo thereafter to neutralize then condition. Why condition before you shampoo (neutralize). I got to read up on that, because I am going to relax today. I am looking for a relaxer.

I dunno. I guess since your hair is still overly alkali, so the pores may still be open, this probably allows the conditioner to be abosrbed or something ... and then you neutralise and then you condition again... My hair is still here... we'll wait a few weeks and see... lol

k-butterflyy
09-08-2008, 11:26 PM
i use mizani. for awhile, u could only get it at the salon, but now i'm finding that you can also purchase at some bss. i thought a licesne was needed to purchase, but i guess if u go to the "right" one, anyone can pick it up. i've used affirm, and it's ok too. i think i get a more silker and shiny look w/ mizani. i believe that dudley makes affirm. dudleys is waaaaayyyy too harsh for my hair. it left my hair dry, brittle, dull, stiff, and motionless. it was just straight, nothing more, nothing less. i also had alot of shedding and burns w/ dudleys and i never burn. if i am correct about dudleys making affirm, they must have toned it down alot and rearranged some ingridents b/c affirm does me alot better than dudleys. so, my choice is mizani.

Pharoahs_Angel
09-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Oh yeah, & if you want extremely straight hair on the cheapie side..."Bone Straight" by TCB

Dividir
09-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh yeah, & if you want extremely straight hair on the cheapie side..."Bone Straight" by TCB

Ahhhhhh!! I never want bone straight hair again... made my hair sooo flat...

allset
09-11-2008, 08:54 PM
I have never used mizani but now I am thinking about it, I like affirm, but as you said you can only get it in the salon

leentora
09-12-2008, 04:20 AM
I have never used mizani but now I am thinking about it, I like affirm, but as you said you can only get it in the salon

no I have the 5lb tub that I get from online and I am not a cosmotologist, you want it; I get tell you where I buy it, let me know girl.

Jacqueline
09-13-2008, 02:58 AM
I love Kerasoft Relaxer System. I would never use anything else. My clients love it, too.

Dividir
09-13-2008, 03:30 AM
no I have the 5lb tub that I get from online and I am not a cosmotologist, you want it; I get tell you where I buy it, let me know girl.

ooo do tell!

LilMissRed
09-18-2008, 09:09 AM
I use Gentle Treatment (regular) . It seems to work fine for my hair,which doesnt need anything too harsh to straighten it out, but I'm really tempted to try an Affirm since I've heard/read so many great raves about it

tricha22
09-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Can i switch my daughter and i to a Lye relaxer. I'm thinking of Mizani butter blend, or Design Essentials , or Affirm Fiberguard. Can some one HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

Dividir
09-18-2008, 02:14 PM
I think so, Tricha. As long as you dont put the relaxer on the already relaxed hair (you shouldnt do that even if your using the same brand as before anyway)

I switched. But Im not sure the no-lye might be a lil more sensitive on her scalp.
I think motions do ahve a "kids" lye relaxer (although I know that wasnt in you list) if not, atleast start with the milder versions before moving up to regular. Her skin is more improtant than her hair being straight!!

tricha22
09-18-2008, 03:18 PM
ive heard bad things about motions. i was thinking about the mild mizani butter blend or maybe the lo-lye design essentials, or affirm mild fiberguard. What do you think?????

leentora
09-18-2008, 03:24 PM
ive heard bad things about motions. i was thinking about the mild mizani butter blend or maybe the lo-lye design essentials, or affirm mild fiberguard. What do you think?????

I use Affirm FiberGuard, and I love it; been using for say 2-3yrs maybe more; I have no complain about it; there is a step 1 and the relaxer is step 2, you can have a look in my album at some of the avlon range I use, let me know if you want any more info :)

tricha22
09-18-2008, 03:40 PM
So The Mild Is Safe For My 9year Old (affirm)

leentora
09-18-2008, 03:50 PM

Mmmm I don't know, sorry didn't realise she is nine, I don't find it harash as some of the relaxers I have used years back, I am very very please with it, and do plan on carry on using it, it may work for her as you see from the pciture I use the mild version and I have very think hair and it relaxes it without and burns etc.
It has the step 1 which is the strengthening perservo which I apply to my har prior to the relaxer this acts as a strengthing agent while you relaxing, DO NOT put it on the scalp just on both the regrowth and relaxed hair. try not to overlap on relxer also, I tend to put more of the perservo on the relaxed part of the hair just to protect it in case some gets on there - but I do my best not to.

disclaimer: the above information is what I do personally - for me, any of the products mentioned above is to used at your own risk!

tricha22
09-18-2008, 04:00 PM
I Dont See The Link To Your Pictures. Im Leaning More Toward The Mizani Butter Blend. It Contains Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter And Honey In It .

leentora
09-18-2008, 04:03 PM
I Dont See The Link To Your Pictures. Im Leaning More Toward The Mizani Butter Blend. It Contains Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter And Honey In It .

click on my name leentora and it give you the options to go into my profile, I have not used Mizani, I was inly thinking of trying one the conditioners - but that is as far as I am willing to go as I ham happy with the line of products at the moment - sorry I can not help any reviews on Mizani hun,

Dividir
09-18-2008, 04:36 PM

Just before I saw this post, I was going to ask how old she was.

I know its hard, but have you thought of trying to keep her natural?

I cant remember where. But I read somewhere that you shouldhnt start relaxing until the hit about 12.

I have seen alot of ladies, complaining about their mum's putting relaxer in their hair when they were younger.

Plus she is still a child, and her pores have not fully matured.

Dividir
09-18-2008, 04:40 PM
btw motions aint that bad, as long as you follow the instructions. I think alot of ladies that have tried it, think the steps are the same as most other relaxers, but their not.

It recommend that you condition twice before the "relaxing process" is finished.... see my previous post

tricha22
09-19-2008, 10:12 AM
she's had a perm since she was about 4-5. since i've been reading these post i've come to find out that no-lye is damaging to the hair. so i was going to switch me and her to Lye since its better on the hair. im just having a hard time trying to figure out which relaxer to switch too.

hypemelissa
09-19-2008, 11:24 AM
I personally use Optimum Anti-Breakage Regular Relaxer. I love this relaxer mainly because it doesn't make the hair bone straight and brittle. It simply relaxes the hair leaving a TAD bit of wave to it which indicates that even though hair is straightened, it still has its elasticity which will result in a fuller look in styles and less breakage due to the preservation of elasticity. A definite:) 10 out of 10. BELIEVE me I have been searchin for a relaxer for 2.5 yrs every since my beautician REFUSED to order the relaxer that I used to use! Dudley is a REALLY good one but can only be purchased by a licensed professional. But second to that, Soft Sheen Carsons Optimum is the way to go!!!
Hope this helps ^_^!!!

leentora
09-19-2008, 11:59 AM
I use Affirm Fiberguard by Avlon, I am so pleased and my family use it and they are happy! I think I will stick with it, but thanks for the info much appreciated! :)

hairbydegreat
09-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Mizani Butter Blend is a great one to use. It isn't a box relaxer, you will have to go to a stylist, but it does have a great blend of natural oils in it that is moisturizing for the hair. You can go to mizani-usa.com and read about the relaxers.

Brownelle
10-02-2008, 01:31 AM
Hi everybody, I'm new here and this is my first visit. I am desperate for help.
Here is my problem: I decided to go natural with my hair these past 10 months and went without relaxing it since then. In going natural, I mean no more perm, and cutting off the relaxed portion of my hair to keep the coarse part and let it grow out in its natural state.

I thought this would be a good way to spare my hair from damage and breaking. But my hair happens to be the nappiest hair of all, it's unmanageable, untamable and all things considered I think the going natural thing isn't for me. So I'm increasingly succumbing to the temptation to relax my hair.

My hair usually stays in weaves almost all year around, especially ever since I decided to kiss relaxing goodbye. But I try to give my scalp a break from time to time--sometimes for a week or two. Taking care of it day after day is a real pain because it's thick and very very coarse and that's when I become more and more tempted to relax them, like now.

But before doing so, I wanted to ask if any of you knows if this is a good move or not.

Also, I intend to use Motions; I've already bought everything that I will need. But now that I read what a few of you have to say about Motions, I'm starting to worry. :(

What should I do?

hizallure
10-02-2008, 08:51 AM
I use Dr. Miracle's relaxer and its pretty pretty good.

leentora
10-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Here is my problem: I decided to go natural with my hair these past 10 months and went without relaxing it since then. In going natural, I mean no more perm, and cutting off the relaxed portion of my hair to keep the coarse part and let it grow out in its natural state.

I thought this would be a good way to spare my hair from damage and breaking. But my hair happens to be the nappiest hair of all, it's unmanageable, untamable and all things considered I think the going natural thing isn't for me. So I'm increasingly succumbing to the temptation to relax my hair.

My hair usually stays in weaves almost all year around, especially ever since I decided to kiss relaxing goodbye. But I try to give my scalp a break from time to time--sometimes for a week or two. Taking care of it day after day is a real pain because it's thick and very very coarse and that's when I become more and more tempted to relax them, like now.

But before doing so, I wanted to ask if any of you knows if this is a good move or not.

Also, I intend to use Motions; I've already bought everything that I will need. But now that I read what a few of you have to say about Motions, I'm starting to worry. :(

What should I do?

I heard motions is not that bad when used or followed the instructions properly, I used it once and I didn't like it as I found it a bit on the harsh side, but maybe I didn't follow the instructions as stated.

But a few of the ladies on here say or I think it is Dividir that says it is a ok relaxer if you follow the procedures for it properly, you may have better luck than I and the rest of us did.

If not don't you ahve your receipt, you maybe able to return once you have not open any of the products etc.

hypemelissa
10-02-2008, 09:53 AM

What should I do?
Hey girly I have been where you are now and I have decided that the natural thing was def not for me for my hair is very thick as well. I used Motions before and it turned out fine. I actually like how silky it made my hair at first but then as I continued to use it my hair became brittle and dry...but I dunno what it was. My beautician kept changin relaxers so that could have been the problem and not necessarily the Motions. That's why I do my own touch ups now. I wouldn't recommend you do your virgin relaxer by yourself though...
It all really depends on what style your going for. Do you want it bone straight or just manageable? I use Optimum Anti-Breakage Regular and so far it has been the best box relaxer for my hair. It doesn't relax my hair too straight which ultimately keeps the hair on my head longer and preserves body ^_^! But if your lookin for that bone straight style and don't mind having short/medium length hair, then Motions should be okay ^_^
~MelissA~

showstopper213
10-08-2008, 07:37 PM
you should try phytospecific it seems good i hvnt used it yet but i want to.

Dividir
10-09-2008, 12:58 AM

What should I do?

I dont know, maybe its just been a while I I dont know that there is better out there. But I generally like the outcome of my hair from a motions relaxer. I also like the mizani, but 1 the prices asre very different, and motions is more accessible (mizani, I have to try and get from the internet, whereas motions, I can walk into the BSS for)

Just make sure you follow all the steps, and make sure you use the right products to do so (IE the right relaxer, the right conditioner, neutraliser, the conditioner again, in that order) and you really should be fine.

Although if you want to stay natural, why don't you search the forum for in the natural section, on how ladies deal with their hair textures, or search streatching, because relaxed heads, have all sorts of tricks up their sleeves when they are trying to stretch out a relaxer.

And if you really cant handle not putting a creme on it, why dont you try texturising, that way you still have some type of curl patter, or texlaxing. as a natural head you have soo many options!

silois
10-09-2008, 03:38 AM
I think Olive Oil relaxer by ORS is great....

rajingbutterfli
10-09-2008, 12:57 PM
I switched stylists and so i switched relaxers (olive oil relaxer)..It came out great, but I think I want to go back to my old relaxer that I loved Affirm with fibergaurd. It worked with my fine hair, it didnt make it too straight where it felt like barbie hair. Being that when my hair is fine, when it is freshly relaxed it has a tendency to look flat until after the 2nd and 3rd week. Since I am going natural for now there is no need for a realxer... For now, he he

topnotch1010
10-09-2008, 11:36 PM
I have been where you are too and after a year, I went back to the relaxed look. Like the pp said, a texturizer did me a world of good. You still keep a lot of your natural curl pattern, but it makes it manageable. That is what I use on my daughters hair 4 times per year and it has cut down on a lot of the shedding.

I use the silk elements line and I really like it. It is also a salon product but it keeps my hair soft, very strait, manageable and not too dry. I used to use motions line and I didn't follow the directons and I liked it pretty good. Over time it stopped straitening my hair as much as I like it so thats why I switched.

rajingbutterfli
10-10-2008, 09:32 AM
I have been where you are too and after a year, I went back to the relaxed look. Like the pp said, a texturizer did me a world of good. You still keep a lot of your natural curl pattern, but it makes it manageable. That is what I use on my daughters hair 4 times per year and it has cut down on a lot of the shedding.

I use the silk elements line and I really like it. It is also a salon product but it keeps my hair soft, very strait, manageable and not too dry. I used to use motions line and I didn't follow the directons and I liked it pretty good. Over time it stopped straitening my hair as much as I like it so thats why I switched.

So, from what I understand that a texturizer is basically a relaxer left on for a short period of time? How long did you leave yours on for? I may do that after all my hair is back to normal, depending on how the natural thing is working out..

leentora
10-10-2008, 09:45 AM
So, from what I understand that a texturizer is basically a relaxer left on for a short period of time? How long did you leave yours on for? I may do that after all my hair is back to normal, depending on how the natural thing is working out..

Yes a texalaxer from I know, yes the realxer is left on for a hrter period, and your hair not bone straight, in otherwords underprocessed, but not too much KWIM

daht_mixed_chick
10-12-2008, 03:26 PM
I use Dark & Lovely and I've had no problems with it.
But I would love to try Olive Oil.

Ladycc
10-19-2008, 07:08 PM
I dunno. I guess since your hair is still overly alkali, so the pores may still be open, this probably allows the conditioner to be abosrbed or something ... and then you neutralise and then you condition again... My hair is still here... we'll wait a few weeks and see... lol

I'm guessing that the conditioner has protein. It strengthens the strands after the relaxer process - before neutralizing which stops the relaxing process.

I use Profectiv because it provides conditioner to coat the previously relaxed strands and it no lye. I tex-lax so I just need something to relaxe my curls some plus I add oil to my relaxer. I use Aphogee 2 Minute on the hair AFTER rinsing the relaxer out and BEFORE neutralizing - twice.

HR Highness
10-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Silk Elements Lye bay-bee!

cbaez3
10-22-2008, 07:00 PM
hi girls, what works for me is Bodiphier. You can leave it on 'til you think your hair is how you want it. No damage, no breakage. Just don't use it over scratched scalp. Good Luck!!!!!

Dividir
10-23-2008, 01:03 AM

I believe that if you are going to relax, you should follow the system of the relaxer, at least when you are relaxing. I guess the people at motions formulated their system to work like that, because that is what they tell you to do do in the instructions, but I guess most people think that they should just do the system the way everyone else does the system, but I thought do it the way they tell you to do it, because they made it!!

I know I already replied to this post, but I started replying before I realised, so Im posting it again anyway

tsquared718
10-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Olive Oil is the best!

PandoraMorticia
11-04-2008, 02:17 AM
I only let a stylist do my hair so im not sure but my sister swears by "Africas Best"

hairbydegreat
11-09-2008, 11:29 PM
I love the Mizani Butter Blend relaxer. I am a big fan of Mizani products because their focus is on maintaining the balance of hair, and I love how bouncy and healthy the hair looks afterward. I have very fine textured hair, and I started to use it on myself a couple years ago looking for something less harsh, and I have been hooked ever since.

Pharoahs_Angel
11-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Silk Elements Lye bay-bee!

I second that ;^D

chibrown01
11-15-2008, 07:16 PM
i love Mizani butter blend...

Brownsugar
12-02-2008, 04:52 PM
PA, I just relaxed my hair using the Silk Elements. I LOVE IT! My hair turned out beautifully. I can definitely see the progress as far as growth and thickness w/stretching it out. Thx to you and Leentora!

I second that ;^D

wstephanie
12-02-2008, 09:34 PM
I use ORS and Fabulaxer. Both work well on my hair.

antoinette
12-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Nu Expressions is the best!

jahdigga
12-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Just try keeping your hair healthy by moisturizing treatments and protein treatments. Go as long as you can between relaxers BUT in doing so PLEASE condition!!!! So that there will be little or no breakage. i.e., protein once or twice a month. Between them, moisture masks right after and the opposite weeks. You will be happy.

antoinette
12-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Great advise jahdigga

BetaBeta
12-13-2008, 04:13 AM
I felt that chemical burns and the harshness of some relaxers would go away if I went with another milder natural relaxer.

If you use a salon, try Mizani for sensitive scalp and let her / him know you have this issue so they will base your scalp before applying relaxer

Mizani also has a coco butter infused relaxer but I never got to try that one as I was content with the senitive scalp Mizani

moya23
12-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Revlon Realistic CONDITIONING CREME RELAXER:)

It does good on my hair.

missmdh
01-23-2009, 01:33 PM
I just start to use Nairobi lye relaxer waiting to see how i goes.
My stylist uses the Nairobi product line and I think that is the main reason why I have had horrible dandruff. When I wash and condition at home, I have little to no dandruff but when I go to the salon, it's like an avalanche.

Drunk Monkey
01-23-2009, 04:45 PM
I hear the olive oil relaxer is really good.
I also hear good things about Mizani.

CyberQueen
01-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Try Botanicals, my mom uses it and she never had any prob with it, no burns no damage, it shud be good.

sqzbly1908
01-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Mizani Butter Blend Lye
Silk Elements Lye

Tiago
02-08-2009, 08:04 AM
oil relaxer works good for me

mltaylor
02-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Olive Oil Relaxer all the way! It makes my hair feel and look healthy and it provides alot of moisture! I've noticed little to no breakage when using this relaxer.

brittbritt
02-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Chemical burns may be occuring if you leave the relaxer on your head too long. Another consideration is to be careful when handling your hair DO NOT SCRATCH your scalp before applying a relaxer!!!

dhopemamii
02-11-2009, 05:46 PM
olive oil relaxer isz the best it makes my hair really soft && u can really comb throught with no promlem && no dandruff@ all :D

Sunshyne
02-20-2009, 01:30 PM

Umm.. I'd say ORS Olive Oil or Creme of Nature has a relaxer with several herbs and botanical extracts I believe..I'm not 100% though.

novie27
03-23-2009, 03:22 PM
does ne one use vitale relaxers if so what do you think about it.

blueberry2118
03-26-2009, 02:38 PM
1.My fave is Doo gro relaxer no burns and it didn't over process.
2.Ors olive oil lye relaxer

fantaszabeautiie
04-02-2009, 07:15 PM
I currently switched to ORS No-Lye March 1,2009, It left my hair with loosened curl definition. I would reccommend it.

hairlady
04-04-2009, 09:40 PM
profective is a really good relaxer and paul mitchell just came out with a new relaxer paul mitcell have really good product maybe his relaxer are good to.

hairstylist76
04-05-2009, 12:36 AM
I just used a vitale relaxer yesterday and it worked well for me. I like it so far, I'm just waiting to see how long it last.

evanny
04-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Hawiian Silky relaxers. They have jojba oil in them and some other kind of oil. My hair is always silk smooth after using them.

HairthisHairthat
04-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi There - Heres the thing w/ relaxers my stylist taught me this years ago and I've been telling all black women. No lye relaxers are really a big hoax, a marketing gimmic. They market themselves as no lye being better for your hair but the chemical used in no lye is actually worse than the lye (sodium hydroxide) used in regualr relaxers that have lye. Heres a rule of thumb - no lye = bad for the hair better on the scalp. Lye relaxers = Better on the hair bad on the scalp...which is why there is often tingling or burning on the scalp w/ lye relaxers. Of course all chemicals are essentially harsh on the hair the chemicals in no lye are waaaay worse. Leaving hair dull, lifeless and prone to breakage. It angers me when "kiddie" relaxer companies market no lye as better for kids. Then you see scores of little black girls w/ dry broken off hair.

The application of the relaxer is CRITICAL. If your stylist overlaps just once once say in a span of 2 years - or gets relaxer on previously relaxed hair (not new growth) you will most likely see breakage on that area of your hair later on. Sometimes it may not occur until months later after heat and normal wear occur plus the overprocessing causes breakage at somepoint. This is how lots of people have hair breakage and don't understand why. It seems like your hair just started breaking for no reason but in relaity it was an overlapping of relaxer on previosuly relaxed hair months ago thats just now starting to break. Protein conditioners should only be applied every 6-12 weeks. If you apply protein to your hair too frequently it will build up and be counterproductive drying out b/c of the build up it prevents moisture from penetrating. Then it will start to break. I hope this helps. This is real info given to me by a trusted hair stylist and I am proud to say I have healthy full, hair. All my strands from root to tip.

fancy_chich
04-07-2009, 09:40 PM
YEAH I USE MIZANI,,i used to use design essentials UNTIL THE LADY MESSED UP ON MY HAIR COLOR AND MY HAIR BROKE OUT which caused me to CHANGE hair stylists....

fancy_chich
04-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Isn't it bad if you use one perm one month and then another the next?

fancy_chich
04-07-2009, 09:41 PM
i just need to find one stylist and stick with it..but yall know how it is right?

evanny
04-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Isn't it bad if you use one perm one month and then another the next?

I know that you can not switch out between the lyes and the no lyes. I was told that you can use a different relaxer as long as they are the same. Like going between ORS no lye and Optimum no lye. Make sure you're not going from something like Mizani butter blends lye to hawaiian silky no lye. I hope that makes sence. :o

abbyZ
04-11-2009, 10:40 AM
I would have said Motions, but I recently switched to Mizani Butter Blend and I love it!!

I had been trying to figure out why my hair was so dry even though I've been moisturizing and Dcing, and I realized that parts of it are over-processed. The last stylist I went to used Motions and kept it in for too long, thinking that it wasn't processing. I don't think the "Salon Herbals Silkening Relaxer" formula is as good as the old formula and I don't think I'll use it again.

ashleyjones008
04-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Mizani, most definitely.

curlcrew2
04-28-2009, 11:43 PM
I just got the Mizani Butter Blends for Fine/Color Treated hair relaxer this past weekend and I'm loving it...The stylist also liked it too...

helpmyhairplz
04-04-2010, 04:52 PM
silk elemnts