View Full Version : Best protein conditioners and best moisturizing conditioners?:-c

creolesugar
01-03-2009, 08:37 PM
I still don't know my way around these two products because I thought that every conditioner was a moisturizing one.

blkqueen1882
01-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Check out the The Newbies Guide To Hair Care thread in the general hair link.

creolesugar
01-03-2009, 09:40 PM
I did but I want to see what other people think. Also, that thread only gives examples of moisturizing conditioners.

evanny
01-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Here's some protein ones:

Aphogee provitamin leave in
Cantu shea butter leave in
ORS Replenishing Pack
Mane N Tail
Motions Moisture Silk Protein Conditioner
Lekair Plus Conditioner (the Peach colored one)
Aubrey Organics GPB
Nexxus Emergencee

I only posted the protein ones b/c you found the list of moisturizing ones. What all do you need to know about them?

creolesugar
01-04-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm not good at differentiating ingredient lists for these two products so having the examples would help. Thanks for posting!

evanny
01-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Oh okay! Leentora has a good post about different types of proteins. If you see any of them in the ingredients list, especially at the top, then they are protein. There are some like Nexxus Humectress that have it in there, but it's moisturizing properties far outwheigh the protein ones. Here's a link:

http://forum.blackhairplanet.com/f11/guide-protein-1015/

While looking for the link, I saw that you've already posted in that thread.:o

creolesugar
01-04-2009, 04:00 PM
so in the ingredients list the proteins aren't called weird chemical names? lol

if they're just in layman's terms then this was way easier than I thought!

evanny
01-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Well they are in chemical names sometimes, but it will say in parenthesis the layman's terms as well. Here's the list for the Aphogee 2 step treatment, which if you use it, it's only supposed to be used every 6 weeks, NO SOONER, b/c it's so strong:
HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN ,WATER ,CITRIC ACID ,DIMETHYLOL UREA ,UREA ,MAGNESIUM SULFATE ,COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE ,MAGNESIUM CARBONAT ,FRAGRANCE ,LINALOOL ,DMDM HYDANTOIN ,PANTHENOL ,TRIMETHYLSILOXYAMODIMETHICONE ,GLYCERIN ,DIETHYLENE GLYCOL ,TRIDECETH-12 ,C11-15 PARETH-7 ,C12-16 PARETH-9 ,HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL S ,MAURITIA FLEXUOSA FRUIT OIL ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,PHYTANTRIOL

Here's Lekair Cholesterol Plus:

cholesterol, jojoba oil, aloe vera and collagen protein.

Just two examples so you know what it'll look like. Sorry for the caps, I copied and pasted the ingredients from Sally's website to show you how it should look.

Here's a post from our very own Leentora and Sunshyne from another board that should help:

Leentora:
Protein wheather light or hard core will have one or a few of these amongst the ingredients:

Silk Amino Acids/Protein
Collagen Protein
Silk Protein
Wheat Protein
Keratin Protein
Vegetable protein
Animal protein

If you read throug the list of ingredients on any conditioner and none of the above is listed chances are it is a moisturizing conditioner, if any of these are listed whether at the top or bottom or wherever in the list of ingredients; it will be either a light, medium or hardcore protein treatment.

Sunshyne:
Good list Leentora!! Also look out for proteins that have been "hydrolyzed". Proteins that have undergone hydrolysis are a lot smaller in order to penetrate the hair. Also, some proteins are more harsh than others, i.e. Silk amino acids vs. Keratin etc. (the silk amino acids would be the lighter one, and keratin is the harder protein)

SAA's (Silk Amino Acids) help to seal the hair cuticle, increase detangling & shine, and acts as a moisturizer by preventing dryness. Nothing to worry about really.

creolesugar
01-04-2009, 04:16 PM
awesome thank you so much for goin to that site for meeee

evanny
01-04-2009, 04:19 PM
More than welcome Creolesugar. ;) If you need more help let me know. I'm still new to this I began in Novemeber of last year, but I search like no other! LOL :p You had me wanting to learn more about them as well. LOL

creolesugar
01-04-2009, 04:28 PM
lol I'm curious as all get out too.

vicky3278
01-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Yes, I like cholesterol conditioner. It works best for me especially the green does the best job.

vicky3278
01-16-2009, 09:31 PM
I would like to know which moisturizer works best? I currently use creme of nature.

j smith
02-27-2010, 08:17 AM
joico has a protein conditioner that contains hydrolyzed human hair keratin which supposedly matches the protein that is naturally in hair

Foxy
02-28-2010, 03:40 AM
Hey guys,

where can I get these protein conditioners in Europe? I live in austria where there are hardly any black people, and to order on the net is a way but the shipping costs from USA to Austria are to high (about 70-100 Dollars) and I dont know which product works on my hair...HELP!

munchy
03-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Best protein: Aphogee......Best Moisture Cond: the cheapies...Vo5

evanny
03-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Hey guys,

where can I get these protein conditioners in Europe? I live in austria where there are hardly any black people, and to order on the net is a way but the shipping costs from USA to Austria are to high (about 70-100 Dollars) and I dont know which product works on my hair...HELP!

A lot of us use products used for caucasion people, I know I do. If you can find any brands that have good ingredients/natural ingredients, it should work well with your hair.

Bodybutter
03-02-2010, 04:51 PM
I can only tolerate wheat proteins or silk proteins...KERATIN is too dangerous for me. I do risk an Aphogee 2-step every few months but not on the regular. A protein which gave me immediate..yes..immediate breakage was MOTIONS CPR:mad:!!!! I have a variety of moisturizing conditioners, a few: Nunaat, Alter Ego Coconut or the Garlic and of course Aubrey Organics.

HoneyCoils24_7
03-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Well I use the Aubrey Organics GPB Protein condtioner and I love it . For the moisturizing conditioner I use the Lutrasilk Shea Mango mixed with EVOO, jojoba oil and coconut oil. Vo5 moisturizing milk conditioners are good as well but I use it mostly for cowashes.

jusstoya
03-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Protein I like Aphogee, Moisture im already hooked on keracare humecto (and after 1 use. LOL) .:so happy:

evanny
03-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Protein I like Aphogee, Moisture im already hooked on keracare humecto (and after 1 use. LOL) .:so happy:

I need to get my hands on some Keracare.

mommie8
04-21-2010, 01:37 PM
My fave protein conditioner is ORS Hair Mayonnaise, I dont have a fave moisturizing cond yet I use several.

lamaria211
05-11-2010, 04:45 PM
aubrey organics honey suckle rose condish--moisturizing
silk elements megasilk moisturizing conditioner
aphogee 2 min --protein
those are some of my faves