View Full Version : Eggs: Protein Treatment

Queenp001
01-01-2009, 08:22 PM
heyy ladies:),

i've been doing some research on the web about protein treatments and I came across eggs used for a protein treatment. My first reaction was ......" this has to be a joke.... eggs on your hair?" but now i'm considering it. What's your thought on using eggs as a protein treatment? Or if you've tried it share your experience on using it as a protein treatment.

Vermelha
01-02-2009, 05:32 AM
heyy ladies:),

i've been doing some research on the web about protein treatments and I came across eggs used for a protein treatment. My first reaction was ......" this has to be a joke.... eggs on your hair?" but now i'm considering it. What's your thought on using eggs as a protein treatment? Or if you've tried it share your experience on using it as a protein treatment.

Eggs are an excellent and long time home remedy for breakage
You should give it a try. Many do the egg + mayonnaise treatment.
I'd like to mix one egg with 1/2 avocado and olive oil.
But you'll need to rinse it out of your hair with cold to lukewarm water.
The egg will cook in your hair if you rinse in hot water :eek:

Kendall
01-02-2009, 10:34 AM
I have a question about OCT, to achieve the best results are you supposed to apply to scalp or all over the hair?

Vermelha
01-02-2009, 11:56 AM
I have a question about OCT, to achieve the best results are you supposed to apply to scalp or all over the hair?

On the hair.

Mz. JJ
01-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Egg is a great source for protein. I usually mix it with a deep conditioner or make a mask with avocados, eggs, and oils and I have had excellent results from doing this (http://forum.blackhairplanet.com/f11/avocado-mask-results-pics-inside-2462/ ). BTW, if you are not mixing the egg with any other product or ingrident, it is not a good idea to sit under the dryer :o It will be very difficult to wash out to say the least.

California
01-02-2009, 04:58 PM
I heard about a lot of ppl using eggs. I think its been used by ppl for a long time.

Fitzy
01-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Eggs are an excellent and long time home remedy for breakage
You should give it a try. Many do the egg + mayonnaise treatment.
I'd like to mix one egg with 1/2 avocado and olive oil.
But you'll need to rinse it out of your hair with cold to lukewarm water.
The egg will cook in your hair if you rinse in hot water :eek:

1/2 of what teaspoon, tablespoon, cup?? I don't wanna do this wrong...lol

Vermelha
01-02-2009, 08:40 PM
1/2 of what teaspoon, tablespoon, cup?? I don't wanna do this wrong...lol

1 egg, like 1/2 cup mayo or 1/2 avocado. Olive oil is just something extra. However much to suit your taste. It also depends on your hair length. If it's really long, then I'd double the recipe.

The Anti Hair Slave
01-03-2009, 09:28 AM
eggs are great... I mix an egg in with my favorite conditioner every now and then for extra strength, but if you want a stronger protein treatment use yogurt

Vermelha
01-03-2009, 09:44 AM
eggs are great... I mix an egg in with my favorite conditioner every now and then for extra strength, but if you want a stronger protein treatment use yogurt

I heard yogurt is awesome for softening the natural hair.

munchy
01-05-2009, 10:48 AM
I nevre heard of yogurt, I going to try on my next wash day!

femmemuscle
01-06-2009, 11:12 AM
remember, whenever you work with eggs for a "deep conditioning" treatment, 30 mins. or so under the dryer, you must moisturize with a 1-3 min. conditioner, afterwards.. straight protein has a tendency to make the hair hard..

if you find your hair feels stiff after a deep conditioning with egg, just use your plain old ordinary conditioner for about 3 mins. and you're good to go.

bwell2u
01-06-2009, 01:21 PM
I may have to try yogurt as a protein treatment. Do you add anything else to the yogurt?

Carolinagirl_22
01-06-2009, 01:39 PM
hmmm so yogurt is stronger than an egg?? wow

Queenp001
01-07-2009, 02:16 PM
can you still deep condition with a full head weave on your head when trying the yogurt or egg treatment?

ms.anon
01-17-2009, 11:00 PM
so, would a yogurt/egg mixture be too much protein for relaxed hair?

aliezaria
01-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Do you leave the yoke in?

Kurt
03-19-2009, 05:36 PM
I heard that you can put eggs on your hair it will help it grow a lot as well.

Lita
08-15-2009, 11:36 PM
I use egg powder in my conditioner or henna. Then DC. Hair feels soft full,fluffy & strong. Happy Hair Growing!

azucarmoreno
08-17-2009, 05:54 AM
can you still deep condition with a full head weave on your head when trying the yogurt or egg treatment?
I don't know about that...I don't think it is a good idea to put so much thick product on your hair when you have a weave, it will probably get stuck in between your hair and the weave and leave a residue...I would not do it, but maybe some other ladies in the forum have had a different experience with it.

Vermelha
08-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Do you leave the yoke in?

That's the idea. :D But of course, you can use just the egg whites if you so desire. Either way, it makes for a good protein treatment.

princessTiana
10-09-2009, 11:25 AM
i put an egg, with EVOO, avocado oil, and 1/2 cup of mayo in my deep conditioner... ugh!! amazing lol.. my hair was as soft and smooth as silk.. :) so yeah, you should try using egg for protein..

eyekandy22
02-06-2010, 10:06 PM
I can never get the egg pieces out of my hair- does make it stronger though. If I ever try it again, will have to be as a prepoo- but I'm sick of food in my hair- use a real hair product for better results.

someil
04-23-2010, 01:51 AM
After re-bonding hair, it is believed that one has changed the basic nature of their hair. To put it simply, during hair re-bonding, the chemical bonds in your hair are broken, and put back together after some re-arrangement. Perming lotion is added to your hair during this process to soften your hair. The hair is then heated and pulled between two metal plates of a styling device after giving it a wash. A neutralizer then stabilizes and resets the hair. Hair re-bonding may use other techniques too, depending on the required results or the quality of hair. Since your hair undergoes a lot of chemical exposure in this process, be wary of what you apply to your hair after re-bonding, as the possibility of the hair getting fractured or otherwise damaged is high. To maintain re bonded hair and to retain the soft look, you might even need to go over to the same parlor for a touch up. During your visit to the parlor, do ask the expert if you can try various home remedies to make hair soft and straight.

To make your hair softer, many recommend an egg rinse, which can be done by using egg instead of a shampoo. A tea rinse or a beer rinse is also said to have good softening properties. Vinegar can help you make your hair shinier, and even baking soda, when mixed with shampoo, can help to soften your hair. However, perhaps you should concentrate on strengthening your hair first. To strengthen hair, there can hardly be anything more helpful than a good 30 minute massage with coconut oil, twice a week before going to sleep. You can

wash the oil out during the morning shower. You can also replace coconut oil with mustard or olive oil once a week, depending on what your hair needs. Rubbing Indian Gooseberry on the scalp too can help you strengthen your hair. Other than this, try not to change your shampoo brands too often, and be sure of what you are using on your hair. Experts have commented that split ends are mainly the result of strong chemicals in your shampoo, hot air from the dryer, or exposing your hair in the sun too much. Try to avoid all of these. 15 minutes of direct sunlight is more than enough to extract the life out of your hair. For split ends, the best remedy is a regular trim. Do not wear a shower cap or a regular hat too often, and try to avoid wearing a helmet directly on your scalp. A little care for your hair can help you give it a long and healthy life.

evanny
04-23-2010, 07:40 AM
I can never get the egg pieces out of my hair- does make it stronger though. If I ever try it again, will have to be as a prepoo- but I'm sick of food in my hair- use a real hair product for better results.

Are you rinsing with warm water? I heard that when doing an egg protein treatment you should always rinse with cold water so that the egg doesn't start to cook.

Ex-CreamCrackAddict
05-07-2010, 07:41 PM
I think i might start with egg treatments! i am so in need of a REGIMEN !

Smiles
05-07-2010, 07:43 PM
so.. is it ok if i mix eggs with a conditioner? or a deep conditioner and then rinse it out? and could i use this as my primary protein treatment?

i know my aunt use to do this but doesnt it leave a smell in your hair?

Ms Coco
05-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Does it matter what kind of yogurt you use?

Saunta2
05-17-2010, 04:26 AM
Does it matter what kind of yogurt you use?

The best yogurt for hair is the full fat one, instead of low fat.

Ms Coco
05-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Ok thanks saunta.

evanny
05-18-2010, 09:31 AM
so.. is it ok if i mix eggs with a conditioner? or a deep conditioner and then rinse it out? and could i use this as my primary protein treatment?

i know my aunt use to do this but doesnt it leave a smell in your hair?

Many women on LHCF mix it with conditioner. I personally have never tried that myself. I've been doing plain egg and oil treatments once a week lately and I like it better than any protein conditioner or reconstructor I've ever used. I'm thinking about not using the conditioners anymore. This last time I added honey too and it turned out great. My hair is a lot stronger and shinier, I've noticed that my breakage has virtually stopped. My shedding has been cut waaaay down too. Some ladiesm mix their egg with conditioner b/c they say that the plain egg is too strong for their hair. There's never a smell after I do the egg treatment b/c I do that treatment first and then I shampoo and DC.

leentora
11-02-2011, 04:31 PM
I have grown to love and master how to do an egg treatments.
Egg is the highest source of protein and also sulpur. That is why when you use it without mixing in conditioner it stinks. That is the sulpur element of it. That is why with consistent use, ppl report an increase in growth which both from the protein and the sulpur itself.

evanny
11-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Since I've added cassia to my regimen, I haven't done an egg treatment in a looooong time. I need to do one soon, to remember why I liked them so much.

rene9
11-08-2011, 05:20 PM
I did an egg treatment on Sunday and I liked it. I just used egg and evoo on dry hair and left it on for about 30 minutes and rinsed with cold water, then followed with a wash and dc. I am going to do this once a month. Happy hair growing!!!:)

leentora
11-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I did an egg treatment on Sunday and I liked it. I just used egg and evoo on dry hair and left it on for about 30 minutes and rinsed with cold water, then followed with a wash and dc. I am going to do this once a month. Happy hair growing!!!:)

You see! I told you, you would like it, it so much better and cheaper.

I am glad you like and got good results HHJ to you too hun :).

Missv
11-09-2011, 11:09 AM
I need to try an egg treatment because my hair has been shedding like crazy lately. Hmm, maybe I'll do it tonight.

leentora
11-09-2011, 11:22 AM
I need to try an egg treatment because my hair has been shedding like crazy lately. Hmm, maybe I'll do it tonight.

You will like it, and you will see a difference too, just make sure you use a moisturizing DC afterwards and also rinse the hair with luke warm water or cold water. Egg is my main protein treatment now apart from a keracare super reconstructor. Which is a luxury treatment for me as t is so expensive, but is very effective.