View Full Version : Your Moisturizing Routine ?

CREODiiVA
11-25-2008, 02:39 PM
What Is your Hairtype ?
How often Do you Moisturize Your Hair ?
What Steps do you take and What Products Do You use
To Moisturize and seal Your Hair ?

CREODiiVA
11-25-2008, 02:42 PM
What Is your Hairtype ?

-I Have a 4a/3c (Mix) Hairtype !
-I moisturize My hair Twice daily when wearing My natural Hair Out.

-I Wet my hair with water first ..Finger Comb and add Wave Nouveau Finishing Lotion and Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion.I seal with WGO And Africa's best Herbal oil.

angel_hair
11-25-2008, 02:50 PM
I moisturize with:

ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion, and I seal with EVOO.

evanny
11-25-2008, 03:05 PM
I have 4a/b hair. I moisturize with a spray bottle filled with water, glycerin, and EVOO. Why the EVOO is in there I have no idea. I'm about to start over and add aloe vera and NTM silk touch leave in. I believe Pharoah posted that. I got the idea from her. I seal with a mixture of olive, coconut, and castor oil that I heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. I try do this twice a day, but once a day for sure.

The Anti Hair Slave
11-25-2008, 05:41 PM
What Is your Hairtype ? Texlaxed 4a/b
How often Do you Moisturize Your Hair ? Every night

I moisturize and seal in sections. I usually use a spray moisturizer and an oil sealant.

lexelle
11-25-2008, 06:58 PM
I've got relaxed 4a/4b hair.
I usually moisturize once a day at night before rollersetting or wrapping my hair. If I'm a thome during the day and my hair feels dry, I'll add some more leave-in.
I moisturize with MOP Extreme Moisture leave-in and seal my ends with Tropic Isle Black Castor Oil hair pomade. If I'm rollersetting, I'll wet my hair with Lottabody before adding the moisturizer.

munchy
11-26-2008, 06:42 AM
My hair type is 4a/b
I moisturize twice a day, am and pm!
I use Palmer's coconut milk to moisturize, and then I use a polishing serum to seal, or EVOO.

Tall, Black Canadian
11-26-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm still uncertain of my hair type, but I moistuirze in the evening with Motions and olive, coconut, or castor oil depending on the condition of my hair ends and scalp, and how consistent I've been that week.

wstephanie
11-27-2008, 12:55 PM
I have 2 b hair(fine but alot of it) I moisturize with wave nouveau and seal with coconut grapeseed or wonder 8 oil at night.

Sunshyne
11-27-2008, 01:24 PM
What Is your Hairtype ?
4B/C

2X DAILY

This is how I moisturize and seal my hair:
YouTube - Hairlicious Inc: How to Moisturize and Seal Your Hair

evanny
11-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Sunshyne, your video is my visual aide to moisturize and seal my hair. :)

Mahalialee4
11-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Do you feel that if you cowash or wash 2 or three times a week, deep condition with oils added to your conditioner that your hair is getting enough moisture?

tropical-punch
12-07-2008, 01:12 PM
What Is your Hairtype ?

Well, I just recently embarked on my journey to healthier hair.

My hair time is in the 4 range (still learning about hair)
I moisurize 2x daily
I use Silk Elements MegaSilk Leave-In Hair Moisturizing Creme
Proclaim Natural 7 Oil to seal

Vermelha
12-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Do you feel that if you cowash or wash 2 or three times a week, deep condition with oils added to your conditioner that your hair is getting enough moisture?

This is the same with me. I agree with you Mahalialee.
I wash/co-wash daily and use hemp seed butter.
But people can overmoisturize their hair.

But see, I can only moisturize my hair after it's been washed/co-washed. If I don't, I'll get product build-up. Though natural oils are great for the hair, too much can block out much needed moisture. I have to get in the shower and wet my hair somewhat to get more moisture.

mssnu
12-07-2008, 04:33 PM
What Is your Hairtype ?
4B/C

2X DAILY

This is how I moisturize and seal my hair:
YouTube - Hairlicious Inc: How to Moisturize and Seal Your Hair (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6EwQBNqZoc)

Hey Sun,

Thanks for the video. YOu are very meticulous. I am going to have to start being so diligent. :)

mssnu
12-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Ladies,

I had no idea what was meant by moisturizing until now. Thanks for the thread.

Starting tonight 2x per day:
Spritz with water lightly or Elasta QP H-two
Seal with mix of jojoba, safflower and castor oil

Bodybutter
12-07-2008, 04:48 PM
I moisturize every day, 4b with some 4a at the back-my hair is still making up its mind about its type. I use a variety-Nexxus, Garnier, Nunaat-whichever I grab--sometimes a few at a time then seal with coconut, almond, amla, olive or grapeseed oil. I'm not too picky about which one too often.

niles02
12-28-2008, 07:42 PM
What Is your Hairtype ? 4a/natural

How often Do you Moisturize Your Hair ? Everyday

What Steps do you take and What Products Do You use To Moisturize and seal Your Hair ? S-curl activator, infusium 23 moisturizing formula, my own concoction....seal with castor oil, africa's best oil, or coconut.

hair2day
12-28-2008, 08:36 PM
What Is your Hairtype ? 4a/b Relaxed

How often Do you Moisturize Your Hair ? Previously 1x a week on wash day...since seeing Sunshyne's video I'm gonna aim for 1x a day. Thanks Sunshyne!!!

What Steps do you take and What Products Do You use To Moisturize and seal Your Hair ? Still working on finding the right product but right now I'm using a leave-in and I seal with WGO.

creolesugar
12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
I have 2b/c hair, and I used to just use regular conditioner to comb tangles out in the shower and then after I get out I use a leave-in conditioner.

But I just got my hair straightened so I won't wash it for another week or two. What is the difference between moisturizing and sealing? And how do I know what products to use for moisturizing instead of sealing and vice versa? TIA

ritarose
12-31-2008, 06:12 PM
I am unsure of my hair type---when determining this I find it very confusing...I moisturize my hair with design essentials botanical oil. For a deep conditioning every now and then I will saok my hair in heated olive oil and place a baggie on it. Then wash it after a couple of hours...I mainly use the design essentials line of products...

evanny
01-01-2009, 02:03 PM
I am unsure of my hair type---when determining this I find it very confusing...I moisturize my hair with design essentials botanical oil. For a deep conditioning every now and then I will saok my hair in heated olive oil and place a baggie on it. Then wash it after a couple of hours...I mainly use the design essentials line of products...

There's a thread on hairtyping with pictures that Vermelha posted. It's very helpful. It says in the title that pictures are included.

ravenm721
01-01-2009, 03:30 PM
What Is your Hairtype ?
I don't know,but it's relaxed though.

Only once a week,since my hair is so fine. So,it'll get weighed down easily.

What Steps do you take and What Products Do You use To Moisturize and seal Your Hair ?
I'll use cantu shea butter and use a dime-size amount of carrot oil for sealing,on wet hair.

I like your hair in your avatar btw, creodiiva!

Queen_Shiba
01-13-2009, 02:59 PM
I moisturize with wave nouveau and seal with EVOO and EVCO every night.

angel_hair
01-13-2009, 03:35 PM
I've got relaxed 4a/4b hair.
I usually moisturize once a day at night before rollersetting or wrapping my hair. If I'm a thome during the day and my hair feels dry, I'll add some more leave-in.
I moisturize with MOP Extreme Moisture leave-in and seal my ends with Tropic Isle Black Castor Oil hair pomade. If I'm rollersetting, I'll wet my hair with Lottabody before adding the moisturizer.

I thought I was the only one that sleeps in Magnetic Rollers! Gives you great body!!!!!!!!!

blkqueen1882
01-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Is there a reason why you are posting the same post on four different threads?

hotpinkbubblebutt
04-12-2009, 08:12 PM
i use Africa's best Shea butter and tea tree moisturizer and Jane carters nourish and shine

creolesugar
04-12-2009, 08:20 PM
every dayyyyyyyyy! I love the feel and smell of fresh hair!

rocktornadowildfire
04-14-2009, 06:53 PM
I think i have 4a/4b, and i use water w/ glycerin, and this mix on mowtown girl's website.

Trendolyn
04-20-2009, 11:46 AM
This was a really helpful video..... I think that all newbies should view it!

Beauty009
04-20-2009, 12:55 PM
I am a type 4a/4b. I moisturize daily with Hair Milk from KBB (Karen's Body Beautiful)

evanny
03-02-2010, 07:41 PM
I have 4a/b hair. I moisturize with a spray bottle filled with water, glycerin, and EVOO. Why the EVOO is in there I have no idea. I'm about to start over and add aloe vera and NTM silk touch leave in. I believe Pharoah posted that. I got the idea from her. I seal with a mixture of olive, coconut, and castor oil that I heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. I try do this twice a day, but once a day for sure.

I don't do this anymore. Now I have a spray bottle mixed with a little bit of Aphogee green tea, Phyto Organics Luxxtress leave in, my grapeseed oil/castor oil mixture, and the rest of it is water. I really like it. I'm going to make another one without the protein. I then add HE LTR to my hair and seal with the grapseed oil/castor oil mixture.

DebonHair
03-05-2010, 07:42 AM
I have 4a/4b, relaxed.

I moisturise twice a day with a diluted coconut milk, WRTC and coconut oil.
Yea I'm little ridiculous with coconuts but they smell so yummy!!!!!:):):)
I usually apply to eight sections then seal with castor oil.

I live in the islands so I also have a spritzer througbtout the day of distiller water and glycerin.

godiva
03-05-2010, 08:03 AM
I have 4a/4b, relaxed.

I moisturise twice a day with a diluted coconut milk, WRTC and coconut oil.
Yea I'm little ridiculous with coconuts but they smell so yummy!!!!!:):):)
I usually apply to eight sections then seal with castor oil.

I live in the islands so I also have a spritzer througbtout the day of distiller water and glycerin.

What's WRTC? And welcome to BHP!

naomimaxine927
03-05-2010, 09:59 AM
My hair is mixed, 4a/3c (I think lol)
I seal about 2-3x a week with castor oil and or ors olive oil lotion, sometimes olive oil, or a mixture of different oils.

HairObsessed
03-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Care free curl GOLD baby... that's my new staple.

DebonHair
04-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanx GoDiva, its White rain Tropical Coconut. Said i love coconuts but hey.

naomimaxine927
04-04-2010, 11:38 AM
LOL @ GoDiva it's Godiva.

DebonHair
04-05-2010, 06:52 PM
oops my bad, hope she didn't take it too personal ;)

jusstoya
04-05-2010, 08:19 PM
I pin my hair up in 4 section and moisturize with Scurl :D and seal with whatever oil is the closest.(lately it's been evoo & evco in the applicator bottle)