View Full Version : White people relax their hair too (video)

leentora
11-18-2008, 04:45 AM
I maybe naive here; but they don't relaxers, do they? :eek:

YouTube - How to Chemically Straighten Your Hair

Also DO NOT and repeat DO NOT try her methods either!

CREODiiVA
11-18-2008, 06:25 AM
WEIRDO :D
PPL Freak me out when they have descent hair and they still do little things that dont need to be done...You think If I had NATURAL WL Hair would I be Relaxing and dying it ...NO ..lol

DanceKendra
11-18-2008, 07:50 AM
I mean cmon. You really cant be mad at this girl. We arent the only people who want straight hair. I started getting relaxers because of the same reason. She just doesnt know what to do with her naturally curly hair. Thank god Im learning how to deal with mine. Im starting to really hate the chemicals.

leentora
11-18-2008, 09:14 AM
I mean cmon. You really cant be mad at this girl. We arent the only people who want straight hair. I started getting relaxers because of the same reason. She just doesnt know what to do with her naturally curly hair. Thank god Im learning how to deal with mine. Im starting to really hate the chemicals.

:D girl you trippin she should bring the relaxer back to the shop so those who needs it can buy it! roflmao!

Vermelha
11-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Yes they do. My old editor-in-chief used a relaxer on her very frizzy, wavy hair. She said she hated it.

Pharoahs_Angel
11-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Ya'll are mean. My Grandfather is Caucasian & some of his family members relaxed their hair because it was curly/wavy and they didn't like having to blow it or press it straight.

Many Caucasians also have very course, frizzy hair. You will find people in all races with this type.

She didn't do bad. The only thing that had me ROTFLMAO was when she put that highlighting cap on her head...I was like WTH??? That was her short bus moment...lol

leentora
11-18-2008, 02:02 PM
lol at ya'll I mean I past by salons with them putting stuff on their head but I thought it was either dye or their special hair treatment, but I can not believe they need to a relaxer!

PA I was like shoooooot she is gonna be bald at the end :eek:

I mean we all have to do what we have to do KWIM but I am still shock they need a relaxer :D

Pharoahs_Angel
11-18-2008, 02:12 PM
The only reason I thought that was when she put that highlight cap on. I was like no way is she going to put highlights in her hair right after this...lol

leentora
11-18-2008, 02:36 PM
The only reason I thought that was when she put that highlight cap on. I was like no way is she going to put highlights in her hair right after this...lol

Did she still have the relaxer on her head?

Pharoahs_Angel
11-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Yeah, It's 5:30 into the video she puts it on.

leentora
11-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah, It's 5:30 into the video she puts it on.

Do you smell scalp burnt by relaxer :(

DanceKendra
11-18-2008, 03:12 PM
OMG...Yea I was scared for her when she put the cap on. I was like nooooo her hair is going to fall out. I was all nervous when she came back to the camera after washing it out. Too funny.

leentora
11-18-2008, 03:42 PM
See what I mean, she don't need a relaxer! :D

CherriPepsi
11-18-2008, 05:31 PM
My older sis' friend is white she gets her hair relaxed. I'm not really surprised here. I've also seen so many Caucasians who need relaxers (direly as the looked like that afro guy from Simon and Garfunkle) I can't totally knock this chick for making a video.

denalove
11-18-2008, 05:42 PM
This is new to me, I didn't realize white ppl did that...I mean, she did okay...I did know that they get curly perms, I just assumed that their hair was far too fine to do that...but yes, i've seen white ppl with "nappy" hair, and I don't say nappy in a negative way, really...

Brownsugar
11-18-2008, 05:56 PM
This is NEWS to me. It actually seems kind of ridiculous. Pls forgive my ignorance, but I NEVER in a million years would have thought they needed to do something similar. I do know I see quite a few copying our hairstyles (braids, twisties, etc) & when I see that I'm thinking "They have some Black friends or they've been hanging around Black people too long". I truly believe they can simply purchase some type of cream or something off the shelf, slap it on their hair and call it a day vs. putting chemicals in to straighten the curls. I wish I had that problem then I wouldn't have to do all of this other stuff to my hair. Shoot, I need to tell my Caucausian buddy/coworker about this as she's always complaining about her curly/frizzy hair!

CREODiiVA
11-18-2008, 06:14 PM
No...There is a Limit to where ENOUGH Is ENOUGH ..Your hair can only be so straight untill it starts to look thin

leentora
11-18-2008, 06:20 PM
I feel better to know that I was not the only one that thought that they didn't need a relaxer, or even thought they relaxed too!

It's all good though, still shock though! Hey they say you learn something new everyday and we surely do! :)

CREODiiVA
11-18-2008, 06:25 PM
I feel better to know that I was not the only one that thought that they didn't need a relaxer, or even thought they relaxed too!

It's all good though, still shock though! Hey they say you learn something new everyday and we surely do! :)

YEA I THINK LIKE YOU ON THIS SUBJECT

Pharoahs_Angel
11-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Yeah but, if you look on her new channel. You'll see that she kept up the relaxing & her hair is still thick. Which poses the question...How thick was her her when she just washed & go prior to the relaxer?

Vermelha
11-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Girl, see some people need to just stop. That's what they make flat irons for. And if she still ain't satisfied, she can take her happy behind to Japan or Brazil and get the thermal reconditioning. People are in love with those products (but beware, the Brazilian Keratin Treatment does use a degree of Formaldehyde....) But that's just IMO. People just need to be happy with what they have because they could not have any hair at all, and you can't fix being permanently bald.

Pharoahs_Angel
11-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Girl, see some people need to just stop. That's what they make flat irons for. And if she still ain't satisfied, she can take her happy behind to Japan or Brazil and get the thermal reconditioning. People are in love with those products (but beware, the Brazilian Keratin Treatment does use a degree of Formaldehyde....) But that's just IMO. People just need to be happy with what they have because they could not have any hair at all, and you can't fix being permanently bald.
Don't say that...you're scaring me:eek:

CherriPepsi
11-18-2008, 09:07 PM

Some non AA people have hair types that render flat irons useless.

Vermelha
11-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Some non AA people have hair types that render flat irons useless.

Depends. I mean, a 2a woman will always complain that her hair isn't straight enough, even when we look at it and say her hair is straight. That may be their opinion, but some people are just lazy and wont take the 45 minutes to an hour to do their hair. After 1:30, they give up, when I've had to take 3 hours at times to do my hair, and i still haven't resorted to chemicals. Having straighter hair isn't supposed to be easy, especially if you're naturally curly. That's why I'd rather leave it all alone.

CherriPepsi
11-19-2008, 07:53 AM
Depends. I mean, a 2a woman will always complain that her hair isn't straight enough, even when we look at it and say her hair is straight. That may be their opinion, but some people are just lazy and wont take the 45 minutes to an hour to do their hair. After 1:30, they give up, when I've had to take 3 hours at times to do my hair, and i still haven't resorted to chemicals. Having straighter hair isn't supposed to be easy, especially if you're naturally curly. That's why I'd rather leave it all alone.

I'm aware of how some are just sheer lazy people. But some people do not have that 2a or b hair and have had the misfortunate of never being able to learn to properly take care of their hair.

Pharoahs_Angel
11-19-2008, 09:52 AM

But, you have to remember...Some people have kids & don't have the time to take time out for themselves. So a quick fix may be more convenient. For example...My DD will bug me like H3!! when I get under the dryer so, MOST of the time I do my hair when she's Napping or sleeping (Sometimes she may not do it:eek:) or if my "Hubby" is off from work. If I don't my house would be a wreck.

But, if you don't relax for the people without a lot of time. They may neglect their hair or that may only leave a few options...Braids, Buns & Pony tails.

Tall, Black Canadian
11-19-2008, 03:10 PM
That girl wants straight hair, but she shouldn't have used a black hair product. I know she used it because it's cheap and because the only way she could get a "white girl" relaxer would be to go to a salon and spend $300, but I shudder to think what will happen if she keeps using the relaxer the sloppy way she was. I'll bet someone $10 (I'll even make it AMERICAN dollars!) her hair falls out in chunks in about 4 more poorly done applications.

Vermelha
11-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Tall, Black Canadian > I have to agree. They make products for her hair type. She should have resorted to this or the other two types I mentioned before.

Pharoahs_Angel > I see what you're saying about a "quick fix", but I don't feel any sympathy, especially for people with caucasian hair. Her hair is not that bad. She's just lazy being that it's significantly easier to do white people's hair. She's just wants the easy way out and that's how lots of people mess their hair up. Quick fixes lead to long-term ails. That, and she should have found a better route. No excuse. Hair care is just as important as any other body care. I mean, how hard is it to take care of hair, especially caucasian hair?

leentora
11-20-2008, 03:51 AM
That girl wants straight hair, but she shouldn't have used a black hair product. I know she used it because it's cheap and because the only way she could get a "white girl" relaxer would be to go to a salon and spend $300, but I shudder to think what will happen if she keeps using the relaxer the sloppy way she was. I'll bet someone $10 (I'll even make it AMERICAN dollars!) her hair falls out in chunks in about 4 more poorly done applications.

Girl I was thinking the samething, I will put 20 on it which is $40 American dollars and TBC whatever that work otu for you in C$!:D
Different hair type requires different form of relaxer, it's like using a coarse hair relaxer formula on fine hair! madness!

But yea to each their own, she can not sue no one when she is bald as the box clearly shows two black chicas she aint black! So why she buying it and appying it to her scalp!

HR Highness
11-20-2008, 10:58 AM
White people use "our" relaxers all the dang time. Relaxing is not about race it's about hair texture and you best believe there are puh-lenty of non black people walking around with 4b hair. Only thing wrong with what she did was that she used Super and a cap. A Mild relaxer combed through for about 5 minutes then rinsed would have been more than sufficient.

vidgrl007
11-20-2008, 11:14 AM
I've used a jerry curl(best curl I ever had lol,as wh perms wont stay) but never a relaxer.

I do know of a few white ppl relaxing there hair but not me as my hair is bone strait and sometimes wish I had more curl.:)

I haven't had a jerry in about 15 yrs,heck I don't even curl my hair with a curling iron because I have to use alot of spray.:(

I guess I'm content most of the time with my hair.

Vermelha
11-20-2008, 01:45 PM
White people use "our" relaxers all the dang time. Relaxing is not about race it's about hair texture and you best believe there are puh-lenty of non black people walking around with 4b hair. Only thing wrong with what she did was that she used Super and a cap. A Mild relaxer combed through for about 5 minutes then rinsed would have been more than sufficient.

Oh I know right!! She knew better! And you are so right about non-black ppl with 4a/b hair. I guess i do understand that there are some non-black people that don't have the background to know what to do with Afro-type hair. This girl, however, isn't any excuse.

truegrowth
11-21-2008, 05:53 AM
This is great video, but i want to know more about on this, why hair losing used this.

ices.princess
11-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Feeling like you have to change your hair or appearance to fit the world's concept of pretty isn't exclusive to being black. It's a FEMALE thing. *smh*

HR Highness
11-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Feeling like you have to change your hair or appearance to fit the world's concept of pretty isn't exclusive to being black. It's a FEMALE thing. *smh*
Indeed! Which is why 90% of blonds aren't natural blonds and why the curly perm and marcel irons were invented. Which is why it freakin kills me that folks act like black women straightening their hair all have self hate issues. If we do, then so do allllll the other women in the world who put perms in their hair to make it curly or change their hair color. Women always want the exact opposite of what they have, not black women, WOMEN period!

Ladycc quoted me before I noticed I had typed straight when I meant curly. http://forum.blackhairplanet.com/../../images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Ladycc
11-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Indeed! Which is why 90% of blonds aren't natural blonds and why the curly perm and marcel irons were invented. Which is why it freakin kills me that folks act like black women straightening their hair all have self hate issues. If we do, then so do allllll the other women in the world who put perms in their hair to make it straight or change their hair color. Women always want the exact opposite of what they have, not black women, WOMEN period!

:D :D cosigning sistah!

evanny
11-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Indeed! Which is why 90% of blonds aren't natural blonds and why the curly perm and marcel irons were invented. Which is why it freakin kills me that folks act like black women straightening their hair all have self hate issues. If we do, then so do allllll the other women in the world who put perms in their hair to make it straight or change their hair color. Women always want the exact opposite of what they have, not black women, WOMEN period!

You speak the truth. I'm tired of people having blind eyes and deaf ears. Believing what they choose to believe.

ices.princess
11-21-2008, 05:16 PM
You speak the truth. I'm tired of people having blind eyes and deaf ears. Believing what they choose to believe.

Cosigning. Truer words haven't been spoken in a LONG time.

ices.princess
11-21-2008, 05:17 PM
You know Evanny, I'm actually going to siggy quote you.

evanny
11-23-2008, 09:29 PM
You know Evanny, I'm actually going to siggy quote you.

I saw your siggy before I read this post. Got me feeling all special! ROFL!! Thank you girl!:D

Tall, Black Canadian
11-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Indeed! Which is why 90% of blonds aren't natural blonds and why the curly perm and marcel irons were invented. Which is why it freakin kills me that folks act like black women straightening their hair all have self hate issues. If we do, then so do allllll the other women in the world who put perms in their hair to make it curly or change their hair color. Women always want the exact opposite of what they have, not black women, WOMEN period!

Ladycc quoted me before I noticed I had typed straight when I meant curly. http://forum.blackhairplanet.com/../../images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Preach on! You hit that right on the nose!