View Full Version : Which is The Best Foam wrap/set Leave in?

Emerald
11-09-2008, 02:18 AM
I dont do any wraps and No sets to my short fine hair, but I do need light moisture to my hair after I shampoo, and condition, I am reading up on bottles of foam wraps/sets that say you can use them for blow drying, and wrapping and setting for your hair, but Im wondering bein there is soooo much to choose from, what is your BEST favorite wrap/set mousse you use? I need one for only blow drying my natural short hair, I dont like any Mineral oils and no crunchy feel to my hair, just nice softness after I blow dry, which ones would you recommend?? please help!!!;):D:)

mya_wannabe
11-11-2008, 09:58 AM
I just purschase ELASTA QP design foam. and so far its does what it says, it's not sticky and not drying and gives my hair body.HTH

Dividir
11-15-2008, 08:56 AM
I really am not sure.

I have used motions, at home, and the ORS one, I cant remember any substantial difference.

I use lotta body, but thats for roller sets, when I am trying to tame my hair I do use a foam

denialwalter
11-17-2008, 04:06 AM
We had a large varieties of foam wraps now available in stores... Polyethylene foam wrap is one of the best.. It is designed to protect finished surfaces from scratches and damages...

leentora
11-17-2008, 04:43 AM
You can try the Keracare one, I have not tried it but notice a number of women using it on few sites and reviews I came cross!

Yungqueen08
01-21-2009, 12:11 AM
I dont do any wraps and No sets to my short fine hair, but I do need light moisture to my hair after I shampoo, and condition, I am reading up on bottles of foam wraps/sets that say you can use them for blow drying, and wrapping and setting for your hair, but Im wondering bein there is soooo much to choose from, what is your BEST favorite wrap/set mousse you use? I need one for only blow drying my natural short hair, I dont like any Mineral oils and no crunchy feel to my hair, just nice softness after I blow dry, which ones would you recommend?? please help!!!;):D:)

the motions wrap is pretty ok but i think i will be trying the Kera Care, i have heard good things about it too.

thenotso
01-21-2009, 12:26 AM
i use organics olive oil mousse but it does contain some cones. it does not leave your hair brittle or crunchy, tho

rajingbutterfli
01-21-2009, 10:26 AM

I find that my paul mitchell medium hold mousse has some emolients that keep your hair from being crunchy and it has a coconut fragrance. I use this to wrap, roll and wet set my hair. I also use the Meadowfoam by Aveda, works wonders in the summer for me, very light.

fbrown
02-01-2009, 02:53 AM
I can tell you from experience the best wrap lotions. I've tried off-brand lotions and they don't do the job. I moved up to Motions which was ok, but my hair flaked. Now I use Keracare's wrap set lotion. After I sit under my dryer it's easy to comb, it doesn't flake, moisturizes, protects against heat and easy to apply. The cons is that it's pricey, $16 and it gets a little stiff. (after you towel-blot apply and wrap quickly). Overall, I wouldn't change my product to anything else!

mssnu
02-02-2009, 10:08 PM
The first time I used the E QP I didn't like it but I tried it again today and I do like it. I don't know what I did the first time, but I did it wrong.

Mz. JJ
02-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Keracare setting lotion is the truth!!! In the past I have use lotta body (the kind you have to dilute) and lotta body foam, but they don't have anything on Keracare.

cmeibe
03-10-2009, 10:29 PM
I have used dudley setting lotion for years and love. I have been meaning to try keracare and design essentials because i use their other products.

creolesugar
03-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Keracare setting lotion is the truth!!! In the past I have use lotta body (the kind you have to dilute) and lotta body foam, but they don't have anything on Keracare.

I have Lottabody cream wrap, but I haven't used it yet because of the smell alone lol

Does the smell go away? Is that the one that needs to be diluted?

curlcrew2
03-10-2009, 10:53 PM
I have Lottabody cream wrap, but I haven't used it yet because of the smell alone lol

Does the smell go away? Is that the one that needs to be diluted?

Creolesugar I have the Lottabody in the jar.....I used it one time and it's sitting under the counter, and it made my hair dry and crunchy...I switched to Elasta QP foam wrap ok but I want to try Keracare eventually....

Marsy
03-23-2009, 03:09 PM
My hairdresser uses the Kera Care foam wrap on me before she wraps my hair and I think it's really good.

virtuouswoman
03-24-2009, 07:17 PM
I usually use Motions, but my hairstylist uses design essentials but I hardly ever get my hair wrapped unless I'm taking out my sew in and i wash my hair, then i wrap it so it looks somewhat decent on my way over to the hairdresser.

evanny
06-04-2009, 11:32 AM
You can try the Keracare one, I have not tried it but notice a number of women using it on few sites and reviews I came cross!

I choose this one too. It's really good.

Emerald
06-04-2009, 12:15 PM
I love Nu expressions foam wrap, I use this as a leave in and to use as a blow dry to my damp hair, this nu expressions makes my hair look good, I have tried many foam wraps as a leave in, but they didnt give me that manageability like this nu expressions foam wrap does.

Dividir
06-05-2009, 11:11 AM
with lotta body make sure you don't under dilute it or it will leave your hair HARD

Also dont use too much of any setting lotion (as I still struggle to remember) as you wont get your desired effect

evanny
06-05-2009, 11:18 AM
with lotta body make sure you don't under dilute it or it will leave your hair HARD

Also dont use too much of any setting lotion (as I still struggle to remember) as you wont get your desired effect

You're telling the truth there!!

Maraquinn
06-06-2009, 07:46 PM
My hairdresser uses the Kera Care foam wrap on me before she wraps my hair and I think it's really good.

My hairdresser uses the same. Mine turns out good too.

I bought some Silk Elements Foam wrap that I wasn't too impressed with. I've only used it 2-3 times.

naomimaxine927
06-06-2009, 10:51 PM
I need to try out this kera Care, I just purchased Motions Foam Wrap Lotion, and it's ok, but I'm finding it is leaving my hair stiff, maybe it's the way I used it or used too much product. Not sure, but I guess I'll use it out lol and then get something new.

smarshall
06-26-2009, 02:26 PM
I love BioInfusion Olive Oil Wrap & Set Foam. No cones, no alcohol, and is great for color treated hair.

Emerald
06-26-2009, 02:48 PM
I love that Nu expressions foam wrap as a light leave in and use for blow drying, My hair loves this one the best!! I have tried many foam wraps from Organics, to motions, to keracare, they dont do well for my hair, only one is this Nu expressions which you can also buy from this company...Paynesbeautysupply.com another company which I buy online that carries Nu expressions shampoo, condish, and foam wrap is Head turners hair and nail designs, this company carries the whole line of Nu expressions, and there services are "EXCELLENT!!!".

annie212
07-11-2009, 10:24 PM

I heard the samethings ... I will be using this

Emerald
09-23-2009, 12:44 PM
We had a large varieties of foam wraps now available in stores... Polyethylene foam wrap is one of the best.. It is designed to protect finished surfaces from scratches and damages...
:confused:
i did a check on your answer to this foam wrap, we are talking bout hair products not foam wraps for wrapping objects to ship out, foam wrap we are referring to is a foam wrap to protect hair from heat styling appliances and or to style hair.

Bodybutter
09-24-2009, 06:27 PM
JANE CARTER WRAP AND ROLL. Natural ingredients.

evanny
11-12-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm going to get the silk elements wrap soon. Hopefully tomorrow.

virtuouswoman
11-12-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm going to get the silk elements wrap soon. Hopefully tomorrow.

I really like mine, and it has a sweet light smell.

evanny
11-12-2009, 10:44 PM
You're the reason why I want to try it. :D

virtuouswoman
11-13-2009, 12:02 AM
You're the reason why I want to try it. :D

LOL I like it!!!

evanny
11-15-2010, 01:15 AM
I still haven't tried the Silk Elements one, but I did go back and buy more Keracare lotion. I still haven't tried the foam.