View Full Version : How many time a week to Wash Hair

munchy
10-30-2008, 05:42 AM
I hear many different things about washing hair. First it's once every two weeks, then once a week, then once or twice a week. What works for some of you ladies. I'm active and workout 3 times a week. By the end of the week my hair has a scent to it:eek:. I'm decisive whether to wash it everyday that I work out, or is there an alternative to the madness;)

leentora
10-30-2008, 05:54 AM
You need to do what works for you, I usually wash once bi-weekly, but of recent I have been trying the twice a week thing as I am using ayurvedic powders as I have read that you can get a good/better results using twice a week and I am also on a relaxer stretch so I am experimenting with my hair at the moment.

If you work out I do think you will to wash your hair atleast once a week, as you will sweat and the salt from the body comes to the surface of the skin which I believe will sit on the scalp - which will make the hair dirty and smell. So atleast once week when you work out or if you can manage it there shouldn't be any harm in washing twice a week - but it also depends on how your hair will react to being washed frequently.

Hope this helps a little to answer your question! :)

munchy
10-30-2008, 07:29 AM
Thanks I will try washing 2x a week, b/c I already wash 1nce a week!

Thanks Girl:D

leentora
10-30-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks I will try washing 2x a week, b/c I already wash 1nce a week!

Thanks Girl:D

your welcome girlie np :)

DanceKendra
10-30-2008, 08:20 AM
I do once a week and I do weight lifting at least 2x/week. I cowash 2x/week which allows me to cleanse my scalp without stripping my hair of it's oils. SO, if you feel that 2x/week may end of being too much then try doing the cowash thing. It has really helped me out!! I love it.

munchy
10-30-2008, 12:19 PM
I do once a week and I do weight lifting at least 2x/week. I cowash 2x/week which allows me to cleanse my scalp without stripping my hair of it's oils. SO, if you feel that 2x/week may end of being too much then try doing the cowash thing. It has really helped me out!! I love it.

What exactly do you do when you co wash? :confused:I know it may sound dumb, but I don't know?

Carolinagirl_22
10-30-2008, 01:23 PM
co-wash is washing with just conditioner not shampoo.. search the threads for co-wash ok.

denalove
10-30-2008, 04:43 PM
I range between once a week to once biweekly...depending on the needs of my hair and how dirty or how much product build up..i tend not to use a lot of products thru the week, so this is usally not an issue...i can't wash too much, it strips!!

Caribbean Gyal
10-30-2008, 08:22 PM
It all depends on your hair and how you want to tend to it.
I personnaly wash my hair once every 2 weeks but once a week in the summers

2Bossay
11-01-2008, 08:11 PM
i wash my hair once every week due 2 the fact that i have alot of productz that i put n it throughout the week...co-washing iz another option that u can do throughout the week 2 eliminate odorz az well az buildup & itz a nice alternative if ur not comfortable washing ur hair that often...hthI hear many different things about washing hair. First it's once every two weeks, then once a week, then once or twice a week. What works for some of you ladies. I'm active and workout 3 times a week. By the end of the week my hair has a scent to it:eek:. I'm decisive whether to wash it everyday that I work out, or is there an alternative to the madness;)

ices.princess
11-01-2008, 08:46 PM
What's a good way to experiment with extra washings?

Vermelha
11-01-2008, 09:05 PM
It's just whatever works for you. If you have dry scalp or hair, washing daily may not work for you. I wash daily because I do use some products and I exercise as well. I also use a gentle cleanser (not shampoo), so that my ends are not stripped. It all depends on your schedule, hair type and amount of product usage. It's good to wait between shampoos, especially if you don't want to manipulate the hair much.

ices.princess
11-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Right now I shampoo twice a week. I used to shampoo once a week and I wasn't completely satisfied. I kinda like it now. I cowash on the days I don't shampoo. SOMEONE (cough...DB....cough) is BUGGING me to start washing it more often. He likes how he can run his hands through it when I first wash it (I'm natural).

hm....

anaturalwoman
11-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I only wash my hair when my scalp is dirty or my hair strands seem to be dirty. If my hair is not dirty, I simply wash it every 10 days.

Fitzy
11-02-2008, 01:15 PM
I usually wash once a week, now I cowash 2-3 times a week depending on how much i go to the gym.

At the same point I'm still learning...but the cowash has really been becoming addicting.

Vermelha
11-02-2008, 05:26 PM
I usually wash once a week, now I cowash 2-3 times a week depending on how much i go to the gym.

At the same point I'm still learning...but the cowash has really been becoming addicting.

You never lied! I co wash all the time!!!! I love how my hair feels when doing this!!!!

HR Highness
11-02-2008, 09:17 PM
I generally shampoo 2x a week.

Dividir
11-04-2008, 01:06 AM
I used to co-wash once a week, and try to shampoo every fornight, now, Im just flopping.

I will try to get back to it, as I really did notice the difference when I was co-washing

leentora
11-04-2008, 05:49 AM
At the moment as I am on a relaxer ste-e-etching washing once or twice a week is working pretty good, I only use a clarifying shampoo and detangling shampoo once a month either at the end or the begining of the folloing month.

Other than that I prepoo with Amla Oil/Vatika Oil - then use my ayurvedic paste rinse and then cowash to remove any excessive particules formt he ayurvedic paste then I proceed to DC for 40mins! - I tried to di this at the moment either 1-2times a week!

Back in the day I wash and DC fortnightly!

I see some ladies wasing 3 times a week plus - MY HAT is off to them I can not find the time to do it, I really wish I could but I don't think my hair would appreciate it either!

Ladycc
11-04-2008, 12:29 PM
I wash every 4-5 days. Products weight down my strands after about the 3rd or 4th day. :(

But I'm with Leentora...prepooing with Amla oil and washing with Ayurvedic paste (in my case) has made one tremendous change in my hair's appearance.

lemkewitte
11-11-2008, 03:59 AM
It is not good to wash your hair everyday, glad you realized that. You can wash your hair every two weeks. If you are having a shower and you choose to get it wet there shouldn't be a problem just don't had shampoo you can use a bit of conditioner though.

petiteone
11-12-2008, 01:49 PM
I wash my hair either once or twice a week, depending on how I'm feeling. I put stuff on my hair everyday and need to clean it, ya know?

Vermelha
11-12-2008, 04:21 PM
It is not good to wash your hair everyday, glad you realized that. You can wash your hair every two weeks. If you are having a shower and you choose to get it wet there shouldn't be a problem just don't had shampoo you can use a bit of conditioner though.

It depends on the hair type. I wash my hair every other day, though keep in mind that I don't use detergents or shampoos to do so.

Hair can be washed as often as necessary, as long as the cleanser isn't damaging to the hair, especially with conditioner, as it has cleaning properties too. The cleaner the scalp (while keeping the hair moisturized) the more growth can be promoted. Hair can't grow in a clogged, product-filled environment.

TopazCutie
11-14-2008, 01:53 PM
It really depends on so many factors: how heavy-handed you are, if you work out regularly, or if your hair is really dry or damaged. For example my hair is healthy and relaxed, I'm heavy handed with products and I don't exercise so...I wash my hair once a week, and co-wash once or twice in between.

keesh89
11-14-2008, 06:12 PM
i get a wash n set every two weeks and dc once a week

Tall, Black Canadian
11-14-2008, 07:14 PM
I wash depending on the season. In sweaty summer I wash once or twice a week. But because it's so dry here in the cooler months, I scale back to twice a month because any more than that and I've got a head full of frizz. If I'm involved in swimming or some type of sport over the winter, I change my wash day accordingly.

ravenm721
11-16-2008, 08:31 PM
I wash my hair with conditioner and shampoo 1x a week (relaxed).Some people cowash there hair 1-3x a week though,especially if they're natural.

Lively Jason
11-19-2008, 05:06 AM
I wash everyday to keep it clean and easy for my tonic to seep into the hair roots.

munchy
11-20-2008, 12:02 PM
I wash everyday to keep it clean and easy for my tonic to seep into the hair roots.

What's your hair type? It must be fine if you can wash everyday, right?

atlantas #1 barber
12-09-2008, 07:48 AM
I think it depends on what you wash your hair with versus how many times you wash it. Black soap is great.

atlantas #1 barber
12-09-2008, 08:01 AM
PURCHASE THE BLACK SOAP FROM A LOCAL INCENSE SHOP, NOT A MAJOR RETAILER.
ALEX CAMPBELL INSTRUCTIONAL HAIRCUT DVD VIDEO (http://www.alexccampbell.com)

Vermelha
12-09-2008, 12:31 PM
PURCHASE THE BLACK SOAP FROM A LOCAL INCENSE SHOP, NOT A MAJOR RETAILER.
ALEX CAMPBELL INSTRUCTIONAL HAIRCUT DVD VIDEO (http://www.alexccampbell.com)

Yeah, and black soap can't get rid of known fungi and bacteria.
Even when washing with black soap, you will need to clarify with a regular shampoo or baking soda. :-(

hairstraightener
01-06-2009, 09:25 AM
I wash 3 times in a week. :)

quelinda
01-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Twice a week for me every Wednesday and Sunday, this helps me to strech my relaxer and keeps my hair looking fresh. Plus it is a good way i keep moisture in my hair.

thenotso
01-27-2009, 09:59 PM
I have upgraded to cowashing twice a week for 3 weeks and shampoo wash/deep conditioner the last wash of the 4th week

Lilshortnsassy
01-27-2009, 10:20 PM
I wash 3xs a week, alternating poo and co, for ex. I wash with poo on Sun then co-wash Wedns then poo on Sat nite usually so Im nice and fresh for church Sun :D

evanny
06-03-2009, 10:37 AM
I shampoo once a week and cowash twice a week.

trisha
06-03-2009, 11:03 AM
I wash once a week, then cowash the next day.

munchy
06-03-2009, 11:39 AM
I wash once a week, then cowash the next day.

How's does your hair respond to that??

ashleyjones008
06-03-2009, 12:08 PM
If I waited to wash my hair once every 2 weeks, my hair would feel gross and start to shed. I shampoo my hair at least once time a week. I am 12 weeks post relaxer so I have been cowashing more (about 2 times a week).

Vermelha
06-03-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm still a daily to every other day washer :-)
I don't co-wash anymore. I just wash my hair and apply some oil.
Twice a week I deep condition. That's all. I'm too through with spending money on my hair.

Dividir
06-05-2009, 10:07 AM
It used to be 1ce a week for me.
1 week shampooing
1 week co-washing

But I got really lazy and now I don't do it as often as I should.
I will try and get back into that routine as it worked well for my hair

smarshall
06-26-2009, 06:10 PM
I wash once bi-weekly. And deep condition once a month after I use a relaxer. I need a new routine though because i'm in a growth rut

ashleyjones008
06-26-2009, 06:16 PM
For the most part ive always washed my hair 1 time a week. Then I moved to 2 times a week (during the process of stretching). I do not plan to co-wash anymore either, at least not for awhile...no particular reason, I just dont want to.

dancerTJ
06-27-2009, 10:35 AM
I wash once a week ,d/c, pre-poo and leave in. I co-wash once a week, now. My hair has enough moisture and softness. I use my hair steamer once a month, now. I have less shedding and breakage. Thanks, BHP members for your advise and help!! =D>Applause

Wakarimasen
07-13-2009, 10:12 PM
I go to the gym 5 to 4 times a week so i use to wash my hair twice in a week but i just shampoo once, I was not familiar with the co-wash and stuff like that before today that i started in this forum, so i'm going to try co-wash once and shampoo also once. Because my hair is kind of dry because of the new weather.

Halibel
07-14-2009, 07:33 AM
Once a week is good enough for me....anything else is too much for me. :)

Amina
07-14-2009, 09:19 AM
I wash mine about 3-4x a week. I alternate btwn my Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap and Aussie Moist (co-wash) Depending on how I feel. I don't get much build up so I only use shampoo 1x every 10 days or so.

chuckysmom
08-26-2009, 09:08 AM
I wouldn't suggest shampooing more than twice a week because you wash out some of the natural oils that your hair needs to remain healthy.

Amina
08-26-2009, 10:36 AM
I cowash about 2x a week now. My hair loves it!

Vermelha
08-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Update: I wash whenever I want. It may be twice a week. It may be weekly. I just really like not having to deal with my hair for long periods of time. It doesn't make my hair grow any faster when I wash it more, now knowing what I know about pH.

Trendolyn
08-26-2009, 01:43 PM
I wash once per week ...... I am starting to DC 2x per week as a personal challenge but oh is it time consuming!

trisha
08-26-2009, 02:39 PM
I wash three times a week. I wash and condition, then cowash during the weekend.

naomimaxine927
08-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Well, I've had my braids for three weeks tomorrow. I haven't pooed since putting them in, but usually I would wash my hair once a week, sometimes two if it feels really coated.

BritishPound
08-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Im just a shampoo wash, DC and leave in girl 1x week, but this is mainly due to time.

newtodo
08-27-2009, 04:39 AM
I wash my hair a maximum of once a week. I find my hair gets really dry if I wash it more than that.

evanny
08-27-2009, 07:57 AM
Update: I wash whenever I want. It may be twice a week. It may be weekly. I just really like not having to deal with my hair for long periods of time. It doesn't make my hair grow any faster when I wash it more, now knowing what I know about pH.

I do the same, but it's mostly out of laziness. :o

LuvaLicious
09-13-2009, 12:04 PM
this is a major issue for me also and it is just depressing because my hair will either stink and itch or fall right off.
i exercise everyday and by the time i am done my entire head is drenched with sweats, makes no different how i style it before, its all wet. i sweat in my scalp a whole lot! with or without exercise so...

i exercise in the morning and it is not an option to do it in the evening so.. what do i do when i have an hour or so to start my day with drenched sweating hair.... i cowash it.. every single day and blow it out and flat iron it sometimes or i bun it..

this is depressing especially since i use no heat protectant.. just ginseng oil.

so tell me if i use a heat protectant will this help my hair or the fact that i do this everyday sort of negate the benefits anyway...

i am seriously thinking of texlaxing now, with that i can even cowash and go, no stress no strife

advice please!

naomimaxine927
09-13-2009, 12:16 PM
I wash 1x a week, cowash after that, and will cowash 2x times that week, and dc 1x same week. Not to mention, my cpt goes on before any wash or cowash for an hour.

Vermelha
09-13-2009, 01:44 PM
this is a major issue for me also and it is just depressing because my hair will either stink and itch or fall right off.
i exercise everyday and by the time i am done my entire head is drenched with sweats, makes no different how i style it before, its all wet. i sweat in my scalp a whole lot! with or without exercise so...

You may need to wash more often. I exercise and walk a lot as well, so I must at least rinse the sweat out of my head daily to every two days.

i exercise in the morning and it is not an option to do it in the evening so.. what do i do when i have an hour or so to start my day with drenched sweating hair.... i cowash it.. every single day and blow it out and flat iron it sometimes or i bun it..

Meh, the blowdrying and flat ironing every day isn't a good move. Not only is it daily manipulation, it's also causing gradual molecular damage to the hair. I would suggest if you want your hair straight, wash and straighten it once a week, then during the week, use oil on the scalp to keep the scalp clean (since most oils are bactericides), and keep it wrapped/tied up tightly when working out or use a sweat band. This should help maintain your style.

this is depressing especially since i use no heat protectant.. just ginseng oil.

You may need some sort of protectant. Oil isn't nearly enough to protect the hair from damage. You'll need at least a leave-in conditioner. Also, be sure to incorporate protein deep conditioning treatments at least once a week to maintain your hair, or you almost will always encounter breakage.

so tell me if i use a heat protectant will this help my hair or the fact that i do this everyday sort of negate the benefits anyway...

Bingo. Even with a heat protectant, heat usage should be minimized to no more than once a week. Any more would just be hurting the hair.

i am seriously thinking of texlaxing now, with that i can even cowash and go, no stress no strife

Well, if you are a busy person, texlaxing/texturizing could be an option to get wash and go hair. I would use this as a final resort though because chemically-treated hair can be even harder to maintain if proper treatments aren't used. HTH

advice please!

My answers are in bold.

ysm
09-13-2009, 07:11 PM
I pre-condition/wash/DC once a week. It's a looog process because I precon for several hours or overnight. Then its in and out of the shower and under the dryer for 1/2 hr. for the DC. I'm not going through that every other day! I sweat in my scalp as well, which is why I decided not to press my hair this summer. It made no sense. I was pressing every other day. I do yoga and that can get pretty intense (and sweaty). So after that I will cowash and rinse. No DC.

ysm
09-13-2009, 07:13 PM
I need to find a heat protectant since I blow dry. and I will start lightly pressing my hair again once fall sets in.

Amina
09-14-2009, 07:55 PM
I need to find a heat protectant since I blow dry. and I will start lightly pressing my hair again once fall sets in.

Have u tried the Aphogee Kerating & Green Tea Restructurizer yet? It's great for blow drying.

LuvaLicious
09-16-2009, 07:03 PM
My answers are in bold.

Thanks much!!i bought some products today!!! (i think... i think i'm gonna be a product junkie :O)

virtuouswoman
09-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Thanks much!!i bought some products today!!! (i think... i think i'm gonna be a product junkie :O)

Welcome to the club!!!! lol

mediumhairguylover
09-23-2009, 11:27 AM
i wash my hair once a week,and it's wotking well for me..iheard tha the hairs natural oils make it grow so idk..watever works best for your hair...

Sharii16
12-06-2009, 08:15 PM
once every 5-7 days....depending on hair type!!!

MissHFJ
12-13-2009, 10:48 AM
I wash my hair once at week.
But i rins my hair every time i am in bath.

CREODiiVA
12-13-2009, 11:01 AM
It depends with me, I change my regimen every so often. Products have a lot to do with how much I wash my hair also. I usually can feel when my hair needs a cleanse though, So I just listen to my hair. Maybe once a week, But I cowash like every other day.

rubyclifton
12-21-2009, 12:58 AM
It all depends on the type of hair you're carrying. For oily hair, you need to wash your hair more often than for the dry hair.

ethan1066
12-27-2009, 05:51 AM
Use a very mild shampoo and condition your hair at least twice a week. Make sure to rinse out the conditioner thoroughly.

sweets
02-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Since my hair accident about 2-3 times a week. It seems my hair loves moisture now. And it craves water. I have gotten KCCC leave in because it has a PH like water. So lets see if this will give my hair what it needs instead of the constant washing in the winter.

naomimaxine927
02-10-2010, 10:58 PM
1x a week. But I think I will be investing dry shampoo, since I have twists.

Black_Beauty
02-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Personally, I wash my hair once in a week.

googly
02-16-2010, 06:40 AM
I wash my hair fortnightly

choshi1
02-16-2010, 06:51 AM
I wash my hair twice a week, I used to wash it every two to four weeks in my days of ignorant bliss.

eyekandy22
02-16-2010, 08:34 PM
I CW daily- sometimes I do an oil prepoo overnite. I shampoo 1X/week now, before I started cowashing I shampooed 2x/wk to get rid of buildup.

chikiz
03-01-2010, 06:21 AM
Once a week

LilMissRed
03-01-2010, 06:32 AM
hmm Ive been experimenting... but I co wash 2-3 days per week and I clarify w a/shampoo 1 every other week... I figured I'd try this method since Ive been trying to gain moisture.. and I only wash to get the products out thats been used thruout the 2week span

ps.. I finally remembered to try the 'Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask' yesterday.. Ive had it since right after I joined this site because someone 'RAVED" about it soooo well.. I think and never used it... WOW! I could tell an immediate difference in my hair.. anywho the jar says it shud be used weekly... but I havent decided if I'll use it weekly or bi-weekly.. but its DEF gets my stamp of approval :)

jade82
03-05-2010, 04:46 PM
i wash every two weeks but i dont exercise. i try to wash less so i will have less manipulation while wet.

blackhaircare101
03-06-2010, 02:00 AM
i wash my hair 2 times in day morning and evening that's why my hair is too long and strong :)

Candypower589
03-08-2010, 03:58 PM
I decided to experiment with my hair. I CO-wash it 3 times a week and it has really done my hair some good. When it comes to shampoo it is only once a month, and again it has really changed the healthiness of my hair. (in a good way :)

rosylee
03-11-2010, 10:02 PM
my hair is dry & damaged so i only shampoo every other day… the other days i just wet & use conditioner… my friend told me it makes it less shiny if you wash it too often....

gah78
03-20-2010, 10:01 PM
For our hair type daily shampooing is not necessary. But if you work out maybe every few days. Typically for dry hair shampoo once every 1to2 weeks, but for oily hair shampoo once every 3 to 5 days is recommended.

choshi1
03-22-2010, 01:23 AM
I have had to cut down to once a week - no time anymore.

Treece
03-22-2010, 08:41 AM
What works for me is once a week. When I had to go to a stylist every 2 weeks and since I didn't know how to flat-iron my hair I couldn't wash at home. But every 2 weeks I was itching half way through and my scalp was very dry by the end.

Gerrygerm
04-12-2011, 05:59 PM
I was doing it everyday but then my hair was dry and brittle after sweating under my work hat all day so i switched to once a week, its been working wonders!

Sent from my Comet using Tapatalk

rubygirl
04-20-2011, 06:16 PM
I work out six days a week and wash my hair once a week. My hair doesn't seem to have a problem with it. :)

eyekandy22
04-22-2011, 04:48 PM
I shampoo once a week, but CW almost daily. After a workout I always like to wash my hair. but I know my hair is softer and more moisturized when I wash twice a week (shampoo or CW). I may start cutting back a bit.

Anneka
04-27-2011, 11:40 PM
It depends on your hair type and the work which are you doing.
If you have a rough hair then thrice in a week.Do not use shampoo on daily basis it causes hair fall.

Kimi Gonzalez
05-05-2011, 09:17 PM
well, i wash my wig once half a year.....
i barely do not wear it.

hanna_light
05-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I wash my hair once a week.

rosewarn
05-24-2011, 03:54 AM
If your hair are very thicks and long wash your hair 3-4 times in a week, and if your hair is not so long and thick than wash your hair twice in a week. In summer try to wash your hair more times.

KaraBeara
06-18-2011, 10:10 PM
I always wash my hair at least once a week, since water is the best hydration for your hair. It may vary from person to person, however, depending on how you maintaine your hair. I would personaly recommend that you do not go more than 3 weeks without washing your hair.

eyekandy22
06-20-2011, 10:23 PM
I did end up cutting back. Now I CW maybe once a week, and shampoo once a week. My hair is very sodt and mpisturized now. CWing everyday it didn't stay soft for long.

Eelite
06-27-2011, 12:32 AM
As many times as needed, because that sweat isn't good in the scalp & hair. I love washing my hair frequently, because it helps my hair grow.

RichfeelTrichology
06-30-2011, 07:17 AM
Hi. It will be better if you wash your hair every two days. And also use the conditioner after the wash. And try to avoid hot water for wash.

elevate
10-14-2011, 12:41 AM
it all depends on your hair type and your preferences..like i wash mine about every 2-4 days depending on what products i might be using(causes buildup and other stuff) if i left it curly or straightened it..it all depends on you..

Poopiedo
10-17-2011, 09:35 PM
I wash my hair once a week but I cowash at least four times a week.

tiannareid
10-24-2011, 06:54 AM
I wash my hair once a week but I wish I can go at least 2 weeks w/o washing it but it itches.:crying:

ShEiSsOiNsAnE
11-07-2011, 02:18 PM
I wash my hair every other week

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk

wigsmarket
12-06-2011, 11:26 PM
That depending on your hair and how you want your trend
Normally wash your hair once every two weeks

angel_hair
12-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Once a week followed by a good deep conditioning treatment.

Missey
12-14-2011, 06:54 PM
I wash my hair once a week and I co-wash once a week. I am thinking about co-washing twice a week, but I have to admit I'm lazy at times. Co-washing just seems to really help your hair, in my opinion.

pixi
01-13-2012, 02:22 PM
I used to wash my hair twice a week and now i do that once a week or 5-6 days actually this shampoo helps to keep hair clean and manageable Avalon Organics, Biotin B-Complex Therapy Thickening Shampoo, 14 fl oz (414 ml) - iHerb.com (http://www.iherb.com/Avalon-Organics-Biotin-B-Complex-Therapy-Thickening-Shampoo-14-fl-oz-414-ml/3477?at=0?rcode=KOZ730)

PurplePeony
01-13-2012, 02:36 PM
i try to shampoo weekly

besthairweave
01-14-2012, 11:29 PM
I wash my hair weekly.

eyekandy22
01-22-2012, 11:52 PM
I like to wash my hair weekly, cw maybe once a week. These twists are ruining my system tho.

choshi1
01-24-2012, 08:37 AM
I have cut it back to every fortnight - I just don't have the time anymore.

jjac401
01-27-2012, 03:24 PM
When I was in the TWA stage I co-washed my hair every day. Bow that it has grown out I cleans my hair every two weeks.

Kittenj
01-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Due to my hair being natural, thick and dry I wash every 2-3 wks or as needed. I wear hair extension so if my hair is too dry or itching I will wash it or if my edges are looking rough! Headed to the bowl! I also do a deep oil treatment to maintain my natural hair while having the "extra" hair! YOU should do whats best for your hair type. Find out whats best for your hair if its thin, thick, dry, oily, falling out! I love a good conditioner! Another thing try to stick with the same products so your hair get use to the same regimen that helps as well its like going to a salon only at home!

mskyra
01-28-2012, 07:57 PM
I wash weekly especially when I wear my hair in a bun. I use gel, so you get product build up. I usually just co wash weekly, then bi- weekly I use sulfate free shampoo to cleanse deeply.

PurplePeony
01-29-2012, 01:24 AM
I try to wash weekly. In winter I may push it a few extra days.

leentora
01-29-2012, 09:08 AM
It all depends, if you are not working out weekly then maybe once a week but if you work out then you may want to incorporate co-washes to help some. but washing with shampoo more than once a week may not prove to work too well for your scalp and hair.

adbebbs
03-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Co-washing is a good option. You could wash one day and co-wash the next, especially if you are working out.

ysm
03-17-2012, 12:49 PM
I've cut back to washing bi-weekly. I don't have the time to do it every week anymore. But I've started cowashing on Wed.

tracy662
03-31-2012, 02:34 AM
Washing the hairs too many times is one of the causes of the hair loss. Remember that washing hairs daily will make them go thin and loosen their base from the scalp. Don't comb the hair when they are wet. As the comb moves on through the wet hair it loosens the hair from the follicles. Make it a point to rinse the hair through the cool water (water with normal temperature). Avoid using hot water as it makes the hair dry and weaken them.Avoid wearing the tight hats as they put a lot of pressure on the hairs and makes them thin. By wearing the tight hats the hair growth is stunted. Many times hair even breaks directly due to the tight hats.

anooptrademart
04-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Use Dabur vatika Shampoo to wash your hair twice in a week.

eyekandy22
05-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Washing the hairs too many times is one of the causes of the hair loss. Remember that washing hairs daily will make them go thin and loosen their base from the scalp. Don't comb the hair when they are wet. As the comb moves on through the wet hair it loosens the hair from the follicles. Make it a point to rinse the hair through the cool water (water with normal temperature). Avoid using hot water as it makes the hair dry and weaken them.Avoid wearing the tight hats as they put a lot of pressure on the hairs and makes them thin. By wearing the tight hats the hair growth is stunted. Many times hair even breaks directly due to the tight hats.

The bolded doesn't make sense Tracy. People with naturally straight hair tend to wash daily because sebum travels down their hair easier and they complain of greasiness. And they tend to use shampoo everyday, and their hair doesn't fall out from this at all.

I have been cowashing daily for a few weeks now. It started when I was working out and hated having sweat in my hair. Because I keep my hair in braids under my wig, there's no combing or manipulation. I wouldn't cowash loose hair daily tho :scared: My hair has been growing faster since doing this, cause when I started I was 1 month post texturizer and felt no roots. Once I started cowashing daily, lots of roots. I'll keep it up for as long as i can.

angelarababy
05-28-2012, 02:07 AM
2-3 times is the best.i suggest you put one scoop of the vinegar on the water.It will smooth your hair.

BubblesLove
05-28-2012, 07:42 AM
I was washing twice a week due to moderate dandruff and product build up

Veecoily
05-28-2012, 08:50 PM
My hair has been growing much better since I went from washing it once a week to washing it twice a week. My plan was to wash it 3 times a week, but my schedule only allows for twice a week. It has made a huge difference in the growth rate of my hair.

pillslee
06-05-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm a caucasian grandma raising my biracial granddaughter so I'm always looking for hair care tips and watching videos on youtube. I've surprised myself at how good I've become doing her hair

dancerTJ
06-11-2012, 11:21 PM
I cowash twice a week and I deep condition with Heaven in Hair by DevaCurl once a week.

brzhairs
06-12-2012, 09:01 AM
I hear many different things about washing hair. First it's once every two weeks, then once a week, then once or twice a week. What works for some of you ladies. I'm active and workout 3 times a week. By the end of the week my hair has a scent to it:eek:. I'm decisive whether to wash it everyday that I work out, or is there an alternative to the madness;)

I usually wash one or two times bi-weekly.

Thanks
:)

Hilda
06-25-2012, 10:34 PM
I ususlly wash the hair at least once a week with mild shampoo in lukewarm water in summer, and twice a week in winter.

Missey
06-26-2012, 12:31 AM
I am still washing once a week but I co-wash six days a week.

mylaylique
06-26-2012, 04:01 AM
It's a personal thing. Wash your hair whenever you feel you need to. Whether it's once a week, every two weeks, whatever works for you. But I agree with the co-washing with conditioner if your concerned about drying your hair out from washing with shampoo too often.

dancerTJ
06-26-2012, 06:32 PM
I cowash 3 times a week for the summer.

Adanna285
06-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Every week to the day most of the time, every 5 days during the summer.

feibicey
07-19-2012, 04:16 AM
As for me, it depends. In the summer, I will daily wash my hair. Because I like to sweat.
In the winter, I usually wash my hair at twice a week.

LovingMe2012
07-19-2012, 10:48 AM
I try to keep my hair was once every two weeks, by it being hot and being in the air conditioner now if I wash my hair too much I will catch a bad cold.

Randi415
07-19-2012, 06:19 PM
I shampoo once a week when I DC, co wash as needed usually once mid week.

TempoBronze124
07-20-2012, 12:15 AM
I work out and I co wash twice a wk. shouldnt harm ur hair if u just use conditioner to it C:

dancerTJ
08-07-2012, 08:40 PM
I co-wash 3 times a week for the summer.

kimadam
08-13-2012, 01:15 AM
I washed my hairs daily with shampoo and on weekend I must massage my hair with oil so I have beautiful hairs :)

rohanjain
05-29-2014, 12:55 AM
You can wash your hair three times in a week in summer and two times in winter.

buckeyeinminn
05-31-2014, 07:01 PM
I wash my hair once a week

jessica251356
06-13-2014, 01:43 AM
Twice in a week i wash my hair with shampoo.

janeleonard
06-16-2014, 04:57 AM
It is ideal to wash the hair every day. But if you are having any cold or head ache issues wash twice a week that can help you better.

pillslee
06-29-2014, 03:55 PM
My grandaughter is biracal. I wash her hair every other day because, her hair performs better if I do. She has wavy hair on top and in the back is beautiful ringlet curls

janeleonard
06-30-2014, 01:24 AM
I take up a hair wash twice in a week of time. It helps to get rid of dandruff and retains moisture within.

sshanklin
07-02-2014, 12:01 PM
I try to wash my hair every week but sometimes I don't get to it. Since you workout (I workout to) you should try to wash your hair at least every week. The salt buildup can clog your pores and make your hair smell. Co-washing is good as well. Co-washing is when you ONLY use conditioner to wash your hair instead of using a shampoo and conditioner. A cheap conditioner will do like VO5. Co-washing allows you to rinse the salt and dirt out of your hair but at the same time keep your hair moisturized.

hairplusbase
07-11-2014, 03:08 AM
I usually wash my hair every two days. My hair tends to greasy easily. One of my stylist told me to wash it every day. So I also have no idea how often I should wash my hair.